Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Mongolian mounted archer and falconer. - Fights with bow, sabre, and spear from atop his summoned steed (like the duviri trailer) while his giant pet eagle scouts, tracks, supports, attacks, and creates diversions.  Highly mobile while mounted.  Highly durable while on foot.

A Scavenger/Survivor Warframe, Saw a similar idea, hoped to give my take on it.

Potential Name: Lutum

Concept: A warframe that was severely damaged & unable to use transference. Trapped inside their own damaged warframe the operator utilized everything possible to stay alive and effect repairs. As a result it's appearance includes aspects of those repairs (pieces of enemy tech). Primarily I imagine it having replaced one of it's legs with a Corpus Moa leg (I think this could make for a very unique animation). Eventually the operator passes & the empty shell is found, a testament to the tenacity and resourcefulness of its former occupant.

It'd be very appropriate if a piece of it is found by the Steel Meridian and offered to the Tenno to uncover the mystery behind it.

Abilities: I think this would also be a great opportunity for another type of Stealth, somehow gaining & utilizing a disguise to avoid combat. Whether through finishers to steal the appearance of an enemy trooper, or through a kind of passive cloak that relies on a period of non-combat.

I imagine the disguises as being the ability of the original warframe, but that the rest of the abilities are based on how it adapted to survive. Somehow utilizing excess drops, such as ammo to power abilities. Primarily uses explosives, I imagine a variable ability like Vauban's Mines or Ivara's Arrow to use "scrap" in various ways such as: 

- Flak Cannon cone attack

- Convert scrap into ammo/resources for allies (or armor buffing allies)

- Grenades or mines

- Barricades or Turrets

I think that the incorporation of the Moa leg could be used for one of the abilities, to perform a Shockwave type attack, but also doubling as a way to get resources. Such as breaking open locked lockers, or like a Sahasa Kubrow's Dig ability.

I think a big explosive attack would be great for an ability. I imagine just dumping tons of grenades/mines/turrets all at once.

A frame inspired by shinto kami would be neat. 

Calling forth the Spirits of their suroundings for their abilities, that might even change damage types and/or Animations based on where the ability is used. I.e. Using abilities aboard a Corpus ship would draw forth electric specters that Deal electric damage. 

I think its time we have a new warframe that is an all melee frame, my thoughts on this, if this is to be considered would be that he has 4 arms like general grevis An arm for each weapon and all are fully upgradable( no guns) and can choose a random set of weapons that you own all weapons extra procs work like (Wolf Sledges throwing proc)also two handed weapons can ONLY be held with twohands. He'd have high health and armor with no shield, low sprint speed and no energy. All abilities would work of kills that you get. His Abilities would be mixed between support and damage, his passive would have to be something new like as he kills enemies his size (e.g waframe size) and damage increases. Now almost the most inportant thing to decide is his looks, i think we need an ancient orkin warrior theme

Варфрейм что был-бы создан отступником новой иерархии.
Он не Орокин и не владеющий разумом, он не был найден гринир и не был найден корпусом, инфесты его просто не слышали, и потому не могли его заполучить.
Симерис случайным образом получил странный код что давал лишь одно уравнение, но каждый раз решая его, он менялся.
"Единственное что не могу решить, понять, и получить в своё хранилище, словно ошибка варфрейма Коры, эта часть чего-то, что не подаётся решению. Тэнно - я хочу чтобы это было получино. Я хочу заполучить получить его или если не сможешь - уничтожь"
Варфрейм что меняет свою сущность в зависимости от того как его меняют. Варфрейм женский фрейм Antage.

Броня изгоев, что заполучили части орокин и владеющих разумом. Сила что была собрана воедино, чтобы объединить. Эксперименты изгоев не имели света, лишь тайна, тайна открывшаяся с этой маленькой частью чего-то непонятного для Симериса. 

Война уничтожила всё, все сведения, но лишь обрывок что оставался на кораблях в аномалиях, возможно что-то перенесло его туда, оно словно продолжало изучать и решать собственные уравнения.

Данный фрейм необычен и силён

1. особенность: что - что чем больше у него хп - тем меньше броня, чем больше получает урон - тем сильнее становится в замен становится медлительным, чем быстрее становится тем меньше урона наносит, чем выше тем меньше хп. 
2. в зависимости от его параметров, к примеру 200 силы, он становится очень хрупким, чем больше продолжительность, то он становится крайне слабым. соотношение 4 : 3
3. Его параметры и скилы меняются в зависимости от частей варфреймов (обычных) - которые он использует, к примеру его можно собрать из нейрооптики мэг, каркаса мэг и системы фроста, тогда его умения будут взяты с их вариаций, к примеру магнит и холод. Но только чем больше разброс - тем меньше его параметры.
4. Весь фрейм собирается из 20 кодов, что в вуалях, и каждая часть требует код фрейма (получается из кузницы - путем разбора через новый предмет (расщепитель) - который даёт 1 код фрейма). То бишь чтобы собрать целиком Antage - потребуется 20 кодов с вуали, и 15 кодов с фреймов, которые были расщеплены.
5. Кроме всего выше написанного - фрейм может менять внешний вид от того сколько % было влито жертвенных капель с фракций (требуется 10.000 капель, 1 цель - 1 капля), если небыло ни 1 - фрейм получает стандартный вид, если более 20% - то фрейм содержит легкие особенности вложенной фракции (звери фракция тоже задействована).
Собираются с помощью жертвенного меча, его получить можно у симериса после того как будет получана 1 часть варфрейма (как преднаграда за решение уравнения)

Разумеется Симерис не ожидал такого поворота, и начал новый том своих глав в поисках и сохранении, появляются новые виды как оружия так и питомцев, которые начинают и могут быть в симбиозе.

В любом случае - скилы Антаже:
1. Выбор Стороны (сила (она же урон) - хп - броня - скорость)
2. Отдача в сторону (задержав 2 - игрок по сути отдаёт часть параметра в другую часть) (сила влияет на %)
3. Игрок получает способность от варфрейма (любую, которую сам выберет (выбирается из частей фреймов))
4. Игрок получает способность от варфрейма (любую, которую сам выберет (выбирается из частей фреймов))
3 и 4 умения - также дают возможность применять Ауг тех способностей

Chronon, The Time Traveller.  

Lore: 

Chronon is a Old War era Warframe. However, it was lost in time, due to his precise sacrifice which changed the tides in the battle. Its creation took place by a mere accident, while tenno were preparing themselves for battle aboard the Naramon vessel, they were ambushed by Sentients.

To prevent the incoming onslaught, one of the Tenno used his ability to open a rift and put everyone and everything in stasis, while a rescue pod would be launched.  However, this did not took place. As soon as Chronan, the Duviri Tenno, went out of the rift bubble, he entered a time rift, thus time and space were stretched. He could use it in his favor. He became stronger as time passed by, he harnessed his power to the Naramon Railjack and shotted a void blackhole.

His colleagues were impressed by Chronan newfound powers. You could almost hear time ticking around him, his footsteps were like clock ticks. But Chronan found a hard demise, he would not only sacrifice himself to create an immense black hole to destroy and divert the Sentiet Fleet, he would seal himself in another dimension, The Planes of Duviri.

While there, in the beginning, Chronan didn't age a little. Then he started to craft, he started with timely perfect constructs, then these constructs helped him build thopters, these in turn helped him to create golems, and some of them merged into titans. Chronan grew bored in the process, little did he knew that he was no Tenno anymore. His creations were also changing him, making him one of them. The father of machines, originally a man, but now just a Time Traveller.

Then his creation set him for his ultimate act, the collision which would create the Duviri Paradox, sent him back to past to collide with the former Void Rift, which would start his Time Rift. 

Background: 

Chronon, The Time Traveler is a time themed Warframe. He is based on both the story of Kronos, The Titan from Greek Mythology and to a lesser extent Karn, The Golem from Magic The Gathering. He was created when a Limbo used his cataclysm to prevent defeat from a Sentient ambush while aboard Naramon Vessel, Chronan his original wielder, would be sent into a escape pod to call for support and reinforcements. However, while exiting the rift he collided with a mysterious object which fused with him. Giving him a plethora of energy and abilities which helped him to deal with this situation. 

He also proved a turning point at the D day, changing the tides of the Old War, creating an immense void black hole which would pull even the Moon inside. Destroying a whole Sentient fleet, eventually allowing the Origin System to strike back. 

Chronon, could distort time and space around him, to such an extent that even his own story became concealed in the process. He is also responsible for creating the Duviri plane, which is where the Duviri constructs reside. They are massive robotic constructs, bending time at their will. With the return of the Sentient Armada, the plane itself became aware, and pulled the Tenno in, to unveil the story which ties past, present and future together, unravelling into the Duviri Paradox. 

Thematic Abilities (not numerated) 

Chronon grows stronger as mission timer passes by. He is able to increase teammates abilities and strength by donating his own timer. He is able to paralyze countdown timers, also paralyzing enemies to a limited amount of time, also deducing from his own timer. He is able to create a black hole out of thin air, this black hole sucks in nearby items, projectiles, damage, any enemy/ally buff and shield, he is also able to explode this blackhole dealing damage in the process, restoring shields or health, and increasing any present player based counter to a lesser extent (melee combo, nidus stacks, among others). 

Concept wise he would be the anti-Limbo. Since he is able to change time he is able to distort space, thus he becomes bigger and traverse large distances with ease, he is also able to distort players and enemies positions, also changing projectile trajectories or their speed. Disclaimer: This is not his kit, it is just some thematic abilities which revolve around the character. 

Have no idea if this has been suggested yet or not (there are 220 pages, forgive me for not looking through every previous submission) but I would like to see a frame based on the concept of psychological horror. A warframe that can look into an enemy's mind and draw out their greatest fears. Also being able to distort the boundaries between the real world and the 'mind' or 'dream' world, bringing fictional fears into reality.

"Legacy" is the theme of this warframe submission. Two parents forever imprint a part of themselves into the child they create, and the parents' traits and teachings become the basis of everything the child has the opportunity to understand and accomplish.

As a child is unique yet still bears similarities to their parents, the "Legacy" warframe is a combination of the two warframes that go into building it. Upon creation in the foundry using the Legacy's blueprint PLUS the blueprints of two other warframes, the Legacy pulls from a grab-bag of new looks and new abilities that are appropriately based on the two warframes used to build it.

Think I out my idea in the wrong thread, so just posting again here:

Been thinking about this since the announcement. Came up with ideas others have mentioned and even loved a few (Spider, paper, slime) but my idea is a Master Blaster idea (Mad Max). where you have 2 in 1 frame (like Equinox but not). You would have 1 large 'blaster' frame that when you are in control of it you can use devastating damage abilities and have some defense, and the smaller frame would run around healing and collecting things like a pet. However, you can swap to the smaller 'master' frame and be a CC/healer while the larger frame wanders around and attacks things in Melee (not smart enough to re-load).

Would also be cool if you can equip them with different mods/weapons. Giving a versatility in the game during missions.

I am thinking it from the lore point like the Umbra, where a Dax was used to created the frame, well these frames have some sentience to wonder around and act independent, but when the operator is in control they are different.

I was also thinking that this is a fast pace kill them all game and something that slows down the pace would not be ideal, so throwing in a frame that could be all roles depending on how you like to play and keep up with all existing frames.

Also I just love the idea of a two headed ogre, and this comes close to it!

my ideal of a ghoul warframe

This warframe is some kind of "failure". she have no shield and no energy,only fight with her own flesh,even her ability took her HP as cost. She got so many violent and crazy thoughts in her mind, most of tenno couldn't control her.Only one tenno can get along with her, and that was her operator, her only friend. She's beautiful but deadly. The poison cover on her skin and run in her vein. And she could heal the damage by eating the living creature's dead body. She was a real monster , even the orikin thought she was the most dangerous creature next to the Tenno.  Due to her special characteristic and dangerous nature,she was frozen in freezing shell with her operator instead of sending to the frontline against the sentient.  Thousands years  pasted, the Grineer found her. They were extremely sure special warframe can help them solve the problem of gene degradation. They captured her in a energy cage and killed her operator in front of her. They thought this could enrage her and made her show power. But they did't know that their  behavior had just broken the chain of a monster. She got extremely mad and angry, she slaughter the whole Grineer research base. Now, she wander in the system , hunt the Grineer. She swear that she will kill all the Grineer and revenge for her only friend.

以一个warframe而言,她是一个失败作,她既没有护盾,也没有能量,只依靠自己的肉体作战、释放技能。与excalibur umbra 因仇恨和痛苦而狂暴不同,她的思想天生就十分狂暴且疯狂。只有一个天诺可以和他很好地相处,二人之间传识的匹配度也十分完美。那个tenno成为她的指挥官,同时也是她唯一的朋友。宛如食人花一般,她很美同时也很危险,剧毒物质在她的血液里流淌,包裹着她的肌肤。她可以通过吞食活物的尸体来恢复伤势,同时补充身体里的毒物。她就像一只优美的怪物,即便是创造她的orikin人也觉得她是仅此于tenno们的第二大危险。由于她的特点和危险性,orikin没有把她送到对付Sentient的战场上,而是用冷冻舱把她和她的指挥官一同封印起来。千百年过去了,Grineer发现了她,经过初步的研究调查,他们认定这具warframe可以改变长久以来困扰着Grineer们的基因劣化问题。他们把她关在了一个坚固的能量牢笼之中并且在她面前杀了她的指挥官,以为这样可以激怒她并且让她释放出自己的全部实力。当然他们也确实做到了,只不过他们没有意识到自己其实触到了怪物的逆鳞。看着自己唯一的朋友——自己的指挥官死在自己的面前,她瞬间变得异常狂暴、愤怒,她血洗了整座Grineer研究基地,即使是无辜的清洁工也没有放过。现在,她在始源星系中四处流浪,猎杀着始源星系中的Grineer,誓要杀光所有的Grineer。

How about a frame with the motif of "Geigi" or "Geisha", a traditional Japanese hospitality woman?

As detailed abilities will be discussed when they are adopted, I assume a support frame. In addition, there was no frame like "hospitality" even if it was a support role, so I think that it may be good as a new position.

There is already a Japanese-style frame, but I think it might be good to have something that was devised by the Japanese instead of "Japan considered by foreigners".

The important point is that the "Geigi" or "Geisha" is completely different from the "Oiran", which is famous for its appearance and is often confused.

"Oiran" is a kind of high-class prostitute, which is completely different from "Geigi" or "Geisha" and does not currently exist in Japan.

Of course, if there is no problem in terms of ethical rules, I think that the frame with the motif of the gorgeous appearance "Oiran" looks good.

Apparently, the frame of the "Geigi" or "Geisha" motif has already appeared among fans, but all of them can be said to be "Japan as seen by foreigners", and all I see is something that makes me feel uncomfortable.

Many seem to be a mixture of the aforementioned "Oiran" elements.

If you adopt my plan, I think that I can propose a frame with a "Geigi" or "Geisha" motif that is as comfortable as possible from a Japanese perspective.

Warfame IDEA : Star of Twice -- Mebsuta and Alzir

FIRST OF ALL, I AM SORRY ABOUT MY GRAMMAR , I AM NOT GOOD AT ENGLISH SO I AM SORRY FOR THAT.

They are the most delicate creation, they're integration of two sides. This Warframe control by twins star child in past(or they are already be this warframe?), but now they are owned by Tenno. Because the ancient curse they need to near each others ( affect by skill range ), if they are leave too far away, they will be weak.

They are the symbol of Attack and Defense, Dead and Life. They are the Shadows of Twice . (THEY ARE THE GIRLS)

Passive: Gemini punishment/benediction  -- They're integration of two sides, they need to near each others.When they are close they will get the Gemini benediction. But when they leave too far away, they will get the Gemini punishment.

Gemini punishment : According the ancient contract, they will get damage, health, amour and shield debuff (affect by skill intensity, if they have high skill intensity they will get a stronger debuff).

Gemini benediction : According the ancient contract, they will get the buff of attack speed, health, crit chance and move speed(affect by skill intensity, if they have high skill intensity they will get a stronger buff).

SKILL 1 : Star alternation 

When the game start Warframe will be a Mebsuta, her weapon is (like) a spear(can shot?), when she use her owned weapon kill the enemy, she will buff she and her teammates with damage and attack speed (affect by skill intensity and times)(Can be stacked?)

Change the weapon to Alzir's great sword(or hammer) and Warframe will change to Alzir,when she use her owned weapon  kill the enemy, she will buff she and her teammates with armor and health (affect by skill intensity and times)(Can be stacked?)

When they change the weapon mode will like Excalibur umbra,summon Mebsuta or Alzir follow the player, but she only will use they own weapon.When they are leave too far the other once will stop follow and stop AI.Player can Hold down skill 1 to cancel the weapon to cut down summon the other one or use any skill tp she back,but cut down summon will not get passive buff. And this skill will only spend energy when they kill enemy with they own weapon(affect by skill effectiveness).All of the skill buff Mebsuta and Alzir can get too.

!!! Click is change weapon and Hold down is cancel the weapon !!!

They weapon like Exalted Blade you can set up it, just like the twins they are The two together. Can I name Mebsuta and Alzir weapon to Twin containers?be honest i want Mebsuta's weapon is sickle, but spear may more match Mebsuta.

SKILL 2 : Star Rain Destroy/Guard 
     Star Rain Destroy : When Warframe is Mebsuta, she can use this part of skill.she will release the shock wave(affect by skill range), the shock wave will make enemy be slow and take more damage(affect by skill intensity and times) and in the small range (like skill range * 5%) enemy will get damage(affect by skill intensity)
     Star Rain Guard : When Warframe is Alzir, she can use this part of skill. she will release the shock wave(affect by skill range), the shock wave will make teammates get the anti-knockback and armor buff(affect by skill intensity and times),but Alzir will get armor debuff(affect by skill intensity, if they have high skill intensity they will get a stronger debuff) and make enemy fall down.And in the small range (like skill range * 5%) enemy will get control(Like Nekros, affect by skill times)
     If Mebsuta and Alzir use they own weapon to attack the enemy, who affect by they skill will do more damage.

SKILL 3 : Dead Star / Eternal Star
      Dead Star : Mebsuta will change the ground be a deep dead gray(affect by skill range), all enemy stay on the range will get damage and heal Mebsuta and buff her teammate crit damage and trigger chance(Can be stacked?),it will keep spend energy.The damage is according to the melee weapon.
     Eternal Star : Alzir will splay the circular area(like Frost)(affect by skill range), all the teammates in area will got the damage, crit chance and health buff (Mebsuta and Alzir can get too)(Can be stacked?),it will keep spend energy.The damage is according to the melee weapon.
     About skill 3 buff -- damage buff affect by whack damage ; trigger chance buff affect by trigger chance ; crit chance buff affect by crit damage and crit chance ; health buff affect by all of the trigger damage. IF USE THEY OWN WEAPON WILL GET EXTRA BONUS.

SKILL 4 : Twin Star Perish / Reborn
     Twin Star Perish :  When Mebsuta turn on this skill she will keep spend energy and expansion the skill area. When the area contact every single enemy Mebsuta will stacked the buff and all enemy, who contract the area will reduce damage. When Mebsuta stop expansion her area, Alzir will go back into Mebsuta, And Mebsuta will got the armor  buff. First she will spend her energy to keep the buff, when she have no energy, will spend her health until her health is lower then half.
  every stack will give she a damage , attack speed , trigger chance and crit chance buff (for examples, 1 stack = 0.1% damage buff)
     Twin Star Reborn : When Alzir turn on this skill she will keep spend health to expansion her skill area.Every single enemy the area contact will give her teammates buff when she stop expansion area and all enemy, who contract the area will reduce armor. When she stop expansion area, Mebsuta will go back into Alzir,and be a damage buff, First she will spend her health to hold this buff until her health lower then half will start to spend her energy.
  every stack will give her teammates a regan, armor and move speed  buff (for examples, 1 stack = 0.1% regan buff)
     IN THIS STATE Mebsuta and Alzir CAN"T GET ANY ENERGY.

I AM SORRY ABOUT THAT THIS IS A BORING ARTICLE, THANKS FOR YOUR READING

8 hours ago, erebuscommando said:

Hello everyone! I've had this idea for a long long time and actually painted this piece years ago but I figured I would try again.

Basically this is a concept for a witch doctor/shaman/animistic warframe who casts curses (debuffs) and uses animal totems and symbols to dominate an area. Hope you guys like the idea and good luck to everyone!

Made me think of that game 'Full mojo rampage'. A frame where you place different totems wisp style, one at a time, but the placed totem changes how other abilities work would be really interesting mechanically to play with.

Let's finnaly give that Tenno Operative, the one that during survivals raids enemy ships for supply, the attention he really deserve!

BARON, the pirate warframe, with both looting and crowd control abilities.

Evindences from his past suggests that, during the Orokin empire, he was likely to be considered among the noblemens of that time, sailing the void as captain of "The Invinceble" galeon (might be the ship who found the Zariman).

But now, where the only object for the tenno race is to survive, he is able to use his ancient abilities to unleash broadside blasts of void energy on the enemy as well as increase the chances for rare loot to be found.

Maybe, on the journey to find his blue prints player might come up with new lore lines, or this warframe might lead to a re-work on the survival mission gameplay.

Concept theme: Matryoshka doll Warframe.

A Warframe that could have up to 4 forms present, each smaller than the previous, with different abilities and functions and the outer 'shells' would act a certain way, almost like spectres but not as simple as Wukong's. Like being a stationary turret or following and hovering the player or rolls/moves around crushing enemies or exploding. An additional theme is "bomb". Most of the abilities are bomb and explosion based.

Moltina, a warframe that controls molten metal, heavily damaged by the grineer and repaired with their own armor.

Her passive would be a stack system like nidus but more like a gauge of metal shes collected off enemies. abilities would be releasing a blast of heat from her molten heart to knock down enemies and collect metal, covering enemies in molten metal that slowly burns them until it cools and traps them in place with her first either keeping the metal from cooling or causing cooled metal to explode, a healing ability that consumes the metal to heal herself and allies, and her final would be something like an exalted javelin forged from all the metal shes gathered becoming stronger and fully formed at her max amount of metal. a heavy would throw the javelin ending the ability and creating an explosion where ever it hit, the blast becoming stronger and larger with the combo meter. Moltina is sort of the personification of wrath, maintaining a calm appearance outside of battle but that anger is always there, boiling up from time to time barely under control89066700_285940129056107_427333917213720 

kinda gave her a few parts inspired by some metal worker pictures i found, nova boots, gas mask covering the face, head part is supposed to be a helmet but never really got that to look right. the thing on her left arm is a nozzle thing, sprays molten metal with some excess forming spikes on her hand. its connected to a sort of tank on her back to store the metal. her right arm, right leg, helmet, and right eye would be all thats left of her original form, kinda tried to make it look tenno like. gave her a sort of heat axe because i thought it was the most angry weapon available. Hope the devs like it, it would be cool to get picked but i just really wanted to get this idea out there

A Blade Summoner / Blade Dancer that uses her summoned swords as abilities. She could have any of them flying around her based on the one active, each one affecting her kit uniquely, like having two slashing sword that acts like melee range attack with some aoe charged attack, then some small knives (or needles?) that acts like ranged puncture attacks AND a big one sword that acts as impact attack that locks on one target and affect those near him, with a charged attack that makes her mount the blade and ram around. Imagine how beautiful.

I would very much like to see a Warframe theme based on a Sabretooth Tiger, as you could perhaps have a story driven arc located on Earth, where we could explore hidden prehistoric cave systems to retrieve the various Warframe parts and each piece could be encased in ice tombs. Hopefully the design aspect of this Warframe could incorporate the Sabretooth Tiger's colossal sze, sabreteeth, paws, claws, tail and perhaps even include Tiger stripes just for fun.

A hook based Warframe.

The first ability would be a hook Valkyr stile based in mobility. Less energy consumption but no offense.

The second a hook that chains various enemies around the target and close them a little to the player.

The third a floating mine that shoots hooks to enemies, something like Vauban vortex but the cadence of the hooks depends on the strength. Also, you can have more than one at a time.

The fourth could be like the second but in area.

The passive something like less energy consumption while in the air.

Just some ideas, some changes to the abilities could be nice. 

Archived