Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Warframe Concept:  The Gorgon 

Based on an amalgam of the three Gorgons from myth.  Medusa,  Euryale and Sthena. Medusa was beautiful and mortal, later, so hideous merely looking on her face turned the viewer to stone... but still mortal.  Euryale, hideous from birth, everywhere she stepped a viper would spring forth.  And then Sthena, deadlier than all the wars and storms the world had ever witnessed.  These latter two were immortal.

Back story:  all that’s left of a trio of sisters, the Orikin experimented on them in the way they do, and eventually merged them into a single form taking the best from each and making it better and the worst from each and making it worse.  

Of course, that didn’t go well for them.

Basics:  female, dual formed, with snakes for hair in the monstrous form and beautiful as the sun in default form.  Her powers change (like with Equinox) depending one form.

I am aware the Call asked for not abilities but I thought they would give a better idea for what I thought the theme of the frame would be. But feel free to adjust or change as needed!

There are some comments about this concept from me at the bottom - it may address concerns or questions you may have. Please look there in case your question is already answered but I am happy to discuss my idea.

Warframe Concept, Muhjah the Blood Weaver

Basic 'role': Supportive damage with high health and above average armor. But the health is used to fuel his abilities rather than defend him.

Basic appearance: Not an artist just a man with a pencil and sticky notes.

iwSKXk9.jpg

The most distinct parts of his appearance, roughly drawn above is the back of his ragged coat with a heart symbol in the center of his back. This pulses occasionally and beats faster when abilities are used. And hammers when his ult is turned on. The veins of the heart will flow down the back of his coat and end slowly dripping on the frayed edges. On his front on his chest is an open wound in the center of his chest, same spot as the heart on his back - this also pulses when abilities are used and is used for some of his abilities.

In addition to this his energy color will gradually drip from his hands as 'blood'.

The design I was hoping to convey with my limited art skills is rough traveler, fallen afoul of a terrible bloody accident. Maybe even wearing cloth or light pants rather than armor. Sort of like Limbo. But instead of a Gentleman with style and smooth lines Muhjah would be much more ragged and scruffy. The one in the past who would follow behind the noble that is Limbo looking for the perfect time to rob him. Perhaps a ragged hood to hide in the darkness.

Ability Icons:

gXr8D8L.jpg

[[[[-----------------]]]]

Stats;
Mastery Rank - 5
Health - 300 (1000 at rank 30)
Shield - 0
Armor - 300
Power - 0
Sprint Speed - 1.25 (Same as Loki)

Polarity(s) - Vazarin (2)
Aura - Vazarin (For Rejuvenation, Physique, or Stand United (suggested))

Abilities;
* Passive: 
Blood Powers All:
- All of Muhjah's abilities drain health instead of energy. If an ability would reduce Muhjah to 0 health or lower he will instead be left with 2 health points - but if an ability is used before he regains to at least 50 he will be downed. Power efficiency mods will make his abilities drain less health. Likely as it is with Hildryn Quick Thinking would not be usable with Muhjah as he has no energy to use to save his health.
- In addition to this when an enemy is killed by Muhjah he is healed based on their manner of death; 
Base Primary weapon - 50 Health
Base Secondary weapon - 50 Health
Base Melee - 100 Health
Shotgun, either primary or secondary - 75 Health (Blood spatters from close work)
If the weapon is primarily slash damage - 25 additional Health

-----------------

* Ability 1 (200 Health cost)
Blood Javelin:
Reaching into their chest Muhjah pulls out a spear of blood. This momentarily replaces his current weapon. When the fire button is clicked the spear will be thrown; if it hits an enemy it will stagger them and deal a slash proc. If it hits a teammate it will give them health equal to the damage of the ability. And if it hits the floor or a wall it will stick there and create a pool of blood. This pool heals allies and slows enemies
Damage: 100/250/350/500
Pool heal: 20/25/30/40 Health a second.
Pool Slow: 20/25/30/35%
Pool Duration: 3/5/7/9 seconds. 
-Augment (Mortal Wound)
The cost of the ability is quadrupled and it cannot hit allies or create a healing field anymore - but can still slow, but instead it will make the enemy bleed for 50/60/70/80% of their Max health over five seconds.

-----------------

* Ability 2 (300-950 health cost)
Protective Clot
When targeting an ally and activating the ability Muhjah will hold one hand out to them and plunge the other in their chest. They will when begin channeling blood into the targeted ally - this locks on once initially cast. Just tapping the key will drain 300 health and give them 30% damage reduction after the cast animation finishes. But holding down the button will pump more blood into the target up until the max reduction of 95%. It cannot go above this under any circumstance. Power strength mods will apply the defensive reduction faster - which will in turn drain health faster (Not counting efficiency). Muhjah can shield himself by looking at the ground near him, but it is only half as effective on him - he also gains this effect when shielding an ally but can cast it on himself initially when no allies are around or he is playing solo.
Damage reduction: The cost of the ability divided by 10
Duration: 20/25/30/40 Seconds.
Charge tether range: 30 meters
-Augment (Fire in the Blood)
Allies or Muhjah gain a movement and attack speed buff while under the effect of protective Clot, equal to half of the damage reduction - Muhjah gains full benefit from this when it is applied to himself rather than half as per normal.

-----------------

* Ability 3 (200-600 Health Cost) *There is an alternate CC ability in the comments section at the bottom*
Bleeding Eyes 
Upon activation Muhjah will using his left hand to begin charging a ball of blood. Just tapping the key will immediately throw it after the casting animation but it can be charged to increase the radius. When the blood ball hits the ground or an enemy it will burst and blind all those in the area. Bleeding Eyes is considered a one handed action.
Duration: 6/8/10/12 Seconds
Radius: 3-9 meters
-Augment (Tainted Blood)
The enemies initially exposed to the grenade will be infected by it, and when killed by melee will release a 6 meter wide mini blind cloud. This second cloud does not infect.

-----------------

* Ability 4 (90% of current health)
The Feast Begins
Standing tall Muhjah holsters their weapons and raises his hands up before bringing them down and straight forcefully. From the dripping blood of their hands both will briefly turn into fountains of it that impacts the floor and spreads out in a circular AoE. This signifies the buff range. Allies in range, including Muhjah will get a light coating of blood which grants them life steal with weapon damage, not ability damage.
Life steal: 30/45/60/75%
Duration: 10/12/15/20 seconds.
- Augment (Frenzy Feast)
The life steal of the ability is halved, and instead that half that is lost is gained as a AoE damage buff, affecting all damage including warframe powers.

Thoughts and comments.

Muhjah: The word is an Arabic name meaning Hearts Blood or Soul. And while it is normally slightly metaphorical to mean one that wishes to be creative I took it much more literal for this frame concept.

Appearance: As mentioned under the appearance section I think of Muhjah as more of a traveler, maybe an Orokin era spacer who fell afoul of an early strain of the Infestation. Which bonded with his own blood and circulatory system to produce too much blood. I somewhat based the coat off of the Regulator Duster from Fallout 3 and the overall outfit that the coat is on may look nice in frame. Something different from our shiny armored space Ninjas. But I think full sleeves would fit better. Am happy to discuss this however as the only part I was dead set on was the heart on his back as a nice visual sign of his abilities working.

Stats: His health is less than Inaros, who helped to influence his stats, but to counteract this he has more armor. I hope that balances him out as he wont often be at max Health with all his drains and so needs armor to not get deleted when casting. I had also considered to let power max mods give him a health benefit too - but unsure about that. But I don't intend for him to be a tank so the armor may need to get lowered a little. But with life strike or healing return and melee he would be difficult to kill, but that would mean he wouldn't be casting his abilities too often, and therefore not be a huge benefit to his team besides damage. But with a proper team to heal or protect him after he casts his ult and when he needs to re-cast it I'm aware he will be incredibly hardy. But this requires good team coordination which will make any frame very strong.

Ability 1: The throwing range and arc will be very similar to the Spear Guns fully charged speed as a comparison. I wanted it to be a hybrid damage and heal ability in its base form. But unlike Ash's ability that it is based off it is only single target to make up for its bonus effects although it does very similar damage to Ash if only one shuriken would hit a target. But it obviously takes longer to do compared to Ash who auto throws and some more careful aim is required. Also the Augment may looks like a easy 'kill anything' move but if you look at the cost it can easily cost nearly all of his unmodified health to prevent it just being spammed. It is also single target unlike some large nukes. The health cost also assumes no Trinity friend to make it negligible, see the end of the stats comment.

Ability 2: The idea behind the balance of this is that it takes awhile for it fully build to the 95% damage reduction, and while it is building there is lesser damage reduction and Muhjah is rooted and unable to act besides canceling the channel early. So doing it while under fire will be very risky.

Ability 3: A CC ability to help him regain some health with his melee weapon and give him a CC ability in general. The alternate version of the ability is as follows;
Crystal Shell: Targets an area and encases enemies in a cocoon of blood, these enemies cannot move or attack but also cannot be damaged. It would last around 20 seconds or until disabled. Probably cost around 300 health. The augment for it would be 'Rivers run red' and would create a cloud around the cocoons that afflicts enemies that stand near it with slash procs or blind, maybe both.

Ability 4: I think a case can be made for making this a % drain OR a flat amount whichever is higher so don't think the 90% cost is set in stone. I considered allowing abilities to steal life as well but thought that may be too hard to balance. Also I think the damage buff may be a bit so instead it could be attack and movement speed or just one of them if others think the damage may be too much. I'm also aware that with nearly any weapon he would be able to max out his health again pretty much instantly but before he is able to fire the ability must finish its casting time, and during that time he could be easily killed unless protected or in a safe spot.

Closing thoughts;
I am aware his abilities look very strong for a 'supportive role' - where his damage is similar to Ash on his 1 compared to the lower damage (overall) of Oberon for example. But Ash can fire his shurikens from stealth safely, quicker, less costly, and more of them at once. But as you can see it does more than just damage to make up for that and his job isn't supposed to be the main damage in a squad. And to have a very heavy nuke he needs to give up nearly all of his health. I'm aware with a proper team set up or using that to have a comparatively low cost ult would mean little but I think it would be a good balance. And his long lasting damage reduction is very similar to Mesa's but he can (health not withstanding) put it on multiple people at once after the cast time. And in general longer cast times would be one of his 'issues' as a supportive caster as they should be pretty long. Especially for his ult so he can't just pop it off willy nilly and give himself an easy way to heal back to full. 

---------

A tough frame to play solo but a strong healing backbone for the team to keep them alive during longer missions. With the damage reduction to hopefully keep people from being instantly killed and the health regen to recover quickly from chip and glancing blows - ready to lightly cc important or dangerous targets and provide temporary havens for his friends as the cost of his own health.

At least that was the idea, thank you for reading 

A lone tenno operator is raiding this ship for supplies.

Created at first in an emergency in the depths of Phobos, where a Tenno was found stranded without a Warframe in the meandering halls with no known escape, this vessel appears to be made from a mish-mash of various materials which would be common in the caves. The Warframe turned out to be quite of use for navigating the caves and avoiding Grineer. The Tenno did manage to escape the caves, but not before hiding the Warframe if they were to need it again. There it has sat for years, until this less orthodox Warframe was discovered again. Now, Tenno, do you choose to wield a Warframe which truly embodies the survivalist spirit inside all of us?*

For real, though, a scavenger frame would be cool. Perhaps have collecting or stealth abilities, though this is all I am going to suggest for the abilities. As for appearance, maybe having different textures of scrap, like it is loosely put together out of various parts, like in the short background I gave. A name like "Rust" or "Scrap" (in a different cool language maybe) would fit. 

Good luck to all the people who submitted an idea! And good luck to DE to go through all of this! Have a good day.

*Of course you can change this, I don't know the lore by heart since I joined Summer 2019 lol

WARFRAME:虛空禁衛--Ether(以太) #透過任務取得(建議是Duviri Paradox任務)

戰甲背景介紹:
Isaah並未死亡!!!在Umbra記憶中的最後一幕是自己襲擊了兒子Isaah,然而這並非全部。
Isaah深受重創瀕臨死亡,但Ballas另有打算。
Umbra只是個試驗,是個有自我意志的失敗品,因為Umbra還保有轉化前的記憶。所以為了懲罰Sentient的背叛與之後計畫的考量,Ballas必須改正這一點,眼前頭部受到重創的Isaah正是個好載體,強健的身體素質與戰技無可挑剔。於是Ballas利用了Sentient與Infested技術修復了Isaah,並成功的將它轉化為新型WARFRAME--Ether(以太)。
最後Ether(以太)被隱藏在虛空次元,對擅闖者進行獵殺,最近的犧牲者就是被砍成四分五裂的Limbo。

@特殊設定:
#Ether(以太)裝備後,由於虛空之力的干擾,Tenno無法透過傳識進入指揮官模式,但透過使用虛空滅殺進入虛空禁衛模式,可以使用指揮官模式的一切能力(但這時您也只能使用顯赫武器--虛空滅殺)。我知道您擔心什麼,Ether會是一個能以一般戰甲型態進入夜羽房間並能與小鴨直接對話的戰甲,這兩人見到Ether會有特殊反應。夜羽會問你是怎麼駭入他的門禁系統的,但之後知道自己阻止不了只會嘟囔兩句要把系統升級;而小鴨會因為Ether的一般模式太像包的密不透風並全副武裝的武形秘儀Teshin(這個可以當未來故事的梗--DE總要說明為何Teshin能活這麼久吧!!),還關心的問是否感冒了,最後在Ether拿下面具後才知道不是Teshin(沒錯,Ether進入希圖斯等城鎮會脫下面罩),由於露出的部分很帥,小鴨之後會一直問能不能脫下頭盔,但頭盔是修復Isaah的裝置,連著根本拿不下來。
#Ether(以太)裝備後將觸發劇情,Umbra對新戰甲感到有種熟悉感會跑出來,發現是Ether(以太)是Isaah轉化而憤怒的咆嘯,Ether(以太)在Umbra咆嘯後觸發僅剩的腦部殘存的最後記憶,將Umbra看成老禁衛的身影,但引發了Ether的自我防衛機制,使用虛空之力將Umbra擊退。

技能:
天賦技能:

1.Ether(以太)使用了Sentient技術,有強大的身體適應力,並擁有移除敵人傷害適應的效果(近戰)。
2.Ether(以太)使用了Infested技術,與Nidus戰甲一樣沒有護盾,但有強大的身體防護與再生能力。
3.Ether(以太)裝備後,由於虛空之力的干擾,Tenno無法透過傳識進入指揮官模式,但透過使用虛空滅殺進入虛空禁衛模式,可以使用指揮官模式的一切能力(但這時您也只能使用顯赫武器--虛空滅殺)。

技能1:虛空滅殺(虛空禁衛-特殊指揮官模式)
Ether(以太)儘管對其他類型的敵人也有不俗的表現,但被設計成針對Sentient與Orokin防禦體系的剋星武器,大量地使用虛空技術,他擁有強大的顯赫武器,一柄具備雙手侍刃外型的槍刃增幅器--虛空滅殺!!
在透過任務得到Ether(以太)裝備後,由於虛空之力的干擾,Tenno無法透過傳識進入指揮官模式,但透過使用虛空滅殺進入虛空禁衛模式,可以使用指揮官模式的一切能力(但這時您也只能使用顯赫武器--虛空滅殺)。
虛空滅殺可以像一般增幅器安裝賦能,同時也能使用其特殊顯赫武器架式--無盡狂飆,並安裝近戰MOD(知道Ether對付Sentient強在哪裡了嗎?轟擊使死掉會像被夜靈誘餌靠近一樣被Ether吸收增加能量)。

技能2:虛能轉換
Ether(以太)透過這項能力能將虛空之力轉換元素,搭配MOD可以構成賦合元素,以對付各類型敵人。(虛能-火-冰-電-毒)

技能3:虛空威壓
Ether(以太)透過一次咆嘯解放虛空之力的威壓,迫使半徑10米內敵人晕眩,Sentient會同時繳械,處決晕眩的敵人會使Ether回血。

技能4:虛空幻影
使半徑10米內敵人看見彼此呈現Dax老禁衛的身影自相殘殺,死於技能有效期間的敵人會掉落0~2顆不等之能量球。

I'm not sure if someone has already mentioned this, but what about a scholar warframe? Someone who was built to record the past, learn from it, then prevent problems in the future.

Spitballing thoughts:

- Book or scroll with ancient knowledge of enemies that can be taught to the squad for a buff. Headshot/Crit chance or something.

- Could maybe place glyphs in tenno writing that provide benefits in an area.

Ok so imagine ,if you will, a long forgotten prototype frame designed to take on the harsh and unforgiving tao system head on. A spearhead against the sentients, facing them in their own territory. However, the sentients beat the orokin at their own game and invade first. A weapon this powerful can't be permitted to fall into enemy hands. So the prototype is sent into the void never to be seen again...until someone stumbles upon it...

It would also be great if you could work in some themes partaining to Lugh a sun god in celtic lore. (Flaming spear that seeks out targets and a mastery of battle adaptation.) Basically an opposite umbra. Maybe even have it found by the thing that controlled chroma?

I don't know about all of you, but right now, the real world seems like a pretty dark place to me. Something I feel I need is hope.

Hope is a pretty good theme, but maybe not all that good for a Warframe, so I decided to research some symbols for hope, looking for more inspiration. One of the things that popped out at me at this point was rain, or rainstorms. Now rain in and of itself can be kind of depressing, but aspects of hope can be found in the idea that rain can be cleansing, and that rain eventually ends.

To try to get an idea of what kind of mythology surrounds rain and storms, I looked up some storm gods. Now, the number one Google result was Zeus, but I felt that was a bit too obvious, so I kept looking. Another one that turned up was Oya, the Lady of Storms. She is an Orisha, an African goddess, and she really has a fascinatingly broad demesne. She is a warrior, a bringer of change, and someone who can wash away injustice with the power of her rain, wind, and lightning.

Now that, I think, is shaping up to be a kickass Warframe.

I present to you Thunderhead: Goddess of the Storm

I am afraid I am not much of an artist, so I'll leave the visualization to you. I envision her as a tall, lean, graceful feminine form, with a long, flowing skirt. Many images of Oya have a characteristic barred facemask, a design element that probably should carry over in Warframe. She is armed with a whip and machete (a new blade and whip weapon?), and dances in the forefront of a threatening storm.

What about a leprechaun like Warframe you could have an ability that increases drop rate, an ability to summon a big Shillelagh for cc or something like that, an ability to summon a 4 leaf clover patch that gives you a luck buff that give you a chance to evade damage or something of that nature and last of all his last ability could be called Knock on Wood that would give you and team mates a verity of buffs but at random. I think it would be pretty cool but I'm Irish so I may be biased XD

Since movement will be more important, I'm thinking a warframe that zips around the enemies, pummeling them with lightning-fast punches (like E-Honda). Maybe har dto control who is your target, but you'll not stand still long enough to worry.

On 2020-03-06 at 8:37 PM, GunMetalGn0LL said:

I'd really hope to see a sort of Gravity controlling Warframe, with abilities that could flip opponents upside down or launch enemies with a devastating AOE blast around it!

Yes! That! And if it could flip gravity for itself! Walking on the ceiling would be crazy

Name: Arkos 

“Title”: The Forlorn Phantom 

Design: Arkos can be summarized as a combination of Harrow, Ivara and Nekros. However, he is so much more. His design is that of a phantom that feeds on souls. His abilities are powered by the death of his enemies (more so the fact that they died, rather than corpses like Nekros). He would focus on an “blitz DPS” approach, popping in and wrecking enemies and then retreating to harvest souls. I would write his abilities although the guidelines say that DE won’t be focusing on them. Arkos would also showcase unique ghost-like abilities such as punch-through. I also think an ability that lets melee weapons and/or himself go through walls (like he’d be able to move through thin walls and/or locked doors with an animation sequence or something). 

Backstory: Arkos was the Orokin Empire’s assassin, they used him to stealthily takeout high-priority Sentients. When the Tenno revolted against the Orokin, he was tasked by his masters to destroy one of the seven Emperors (sorry I don’t know the exact number, but I think it was seven). He failed his mission when the Orokin used an experimental weapon to disrupt his somatic link. The weapon attempted to destroy the warframe and operator in one blow. But something went wrong. Arkos’ operator’s conscience was blasted through the somatic link, his mind scattered about it. Now the (player) Tenno have found the warframe’s remains in the ruins of Lua. However, the warframe still retains shards of the destroyed mind of its operator. 

Animations: Just a note, his animations would be like the agile animation of Inaros, however standing upright and twitching more fiercely. 

General look: Inspired in part by Ivara. A cloaked assassin with wraith-like elements. Such as a transparent(ish) cloak, torn and ragged robes and clawed hands. 

Something I have wanted to see in Warframe is since DE is a Canadian company, is for there to be a frame that can be called the Canadian Frame, sort of like how Inaros is also known as the Egyptian Frame. Going with the usual Canadian steriotypes of hockey or the Mounties or something like that would be a little too silly, so utilizing something from one of the native tribes might be an idea. And since Canada is known for being a colder, northern country making a Warframe themed around an Inuit Hunter would work well I think.

Not an artist, so no artwork, but the main thing I see for such a frame is making it look like it is wearing a parka. Possibly looking like it is wearing a pair of snow glare visors, though that might be a little too on the nose. I also picture the frame having feet with a large surface area. Not actually wearing snow shoes, but something that looks like it would serve the same function. Overall, have it look like a frame that would be well at home in a snowy wasteland.

Not going to say much about the powers since that is not what you are looking for yet, but I do think it is important to say ahead of time to avoid overlapping with Frost is where Frost is themed around ice, make this frame themed around snow and being a hunter.

If this is not the way you would want to go for the "Canadian frame", one of the native myths perhaps? Maybe the trickster spirits Coyote or Raven (though might have a bit of overlap with Loki, there). Also, if you do want to lean in on the memes and make the frame look like a mountie with a hockey stick Exalted Weapon, that does work for me.

A Warframe with the theme of artificial intelligence / a cephalon-controlled Warframe. 

Deaths of this frame will result in a 'panic mode' where you need to open containers to find whatever you can to recombine. Including energy, health, morphics, carbides, would need to be saught out or transferred from squadmates. It wouldn't feel like 'taxes' more like 'glob of goo must find stuff to stop being goo'. But more like instead of goo its particles effects and debris.

Until it can 'reconfigure and combine' into an 'initiated combat stance'.

I really like Cephalons being snarky/goofy/logical.

The only ability if any that I can think of, maybe its 4, would be to have 2 ospreys because despite being able to construct and launch your own; there is no Warframe-specific Exalted ones. Know what I'm saying?

I'd like also the idea of the only available Archwing to be Osprey/Corpus-tech related, also Exalted to remain thematic and distinct.

The real crux of the concept and theme is that you can't just spam, you have to loot, and shoot, and if you launch your drones - you infest in them.

Perhaps they launch from the shoulders of the frame. A lot can be done with a construct.

Cheers to the team. 

p.s. Even the harshest criticism is love to your creation. Without what you've built the people who commentate wouldn't care so much, so deeply, perceptibly negatively so or not, and that's something meaningful despite the possible intent. Or contempt. Regardless of the semantics it is daring to listen and empowering to be listened to. Thank you and thank you all so much for so many years of amazing and inspirational circumstances. Up to and including this community writing prompt. Bless. 

A warframe that has two different armors. You always have one of the two active and the other regenerated. In addition, part of the lives of enemies you kill are transferred to the non-activated armor. You can then switch between the two with a button. In addition, he could dig himself into the armor of an enemy, so get his life on it and the armor will break if the opponent's life is 0.

Design Idea: Lots of scales that all turn around when you change armor.

After reading several pages of this thread, I think this idea's different enough from others to post.

My idea is an art based Warframe that uses the arts as a weapon.  Abilities could include:

1. Making a picture of the future to predict future buffs for allies or debuffs for enemies.

2. Putting on a moving performance (acting is part of the arts!) that can either cc enemies or damage them from laughter and crying.

3.  Encapsulating enemies in ceramics.  Fellow enemies would then shoot the ceramics trying to free their ally, killing the one who is trapped and breaking the ceramics jar; perhaps the jar could drop something when broken (energy, ammo, health, etc.

4. Photographing enemies to know what they look like, then disguise as them to be "invisible" or gain some attribute related to the enemy photographed (i.e.gaining more armor for photographing grineer or shields for corpus; alternatively, gaining bonus melee damage for photographing melee based enemies like butchers and primary damage from photographing ranged enemies like lancers).

An additional idea for a mechanic could be something like Chroma's different forms, where this Warframe could "change career" or "major" in the foundry, which would change its ultimate or abilities in general in game.  For example, the frame could have a poet mode (with a corresponding 4th where it absorbs damage for allies- using their sorrow as inspiration- and turn it into buffs or damage- moving prose), a photographer/journalist mode with the aforementioned photograph ability, or an orator/performance mode that gives a compelling speech with strong rhetoric (public speaking/performing!) to convince the enemy to fight on your side.

Best of luck to everybody and all their great ideas!

Codename Havok: This putrescent Warframe absorbs ailing conditions to become a living bomb. Once a healer in the Old War, its abilities have warped over time into a cruel imitation.

The idea of this Warframe is to put a spin on support and tank abilities, inspired by frames like Harrow and Garuda in making sacrifices. Instead of having an ability that makes you invulnerable, Havok summons a spawning pod for a duration and can continually spawn from there on death. You'll need to be strategic where you place the pod however as your life-force is tied to it. If it's destroyed you are permanently killed and will need to use a revive. While the pod is not active you will go to the usual downed state and your allies can get you back up.

Havok's other abilities tie into encouraging an aggressive and reckless playstyle. 'Putrid Feast' doubles the status effects on you and absorbs them from surrounding allies, making you a host for all these conditions. From there you'd be able to use 'Return to Sender', processing these effects into a projectile and clearing yourself of them (inspired by Grendel and tar mutalist moas). Or to use 'Witness Me' triggering a self detonation based on the damage you've taken, combining the idea of the infested volatile runner and Harrow's Covenant.

ES2SWciUMAUZsdu.jpg

Do not seek the home of the Tenno. The grim halls of the moon are not to be walked lightly. And should you try to steal from the Tenno, take from their temples, claim the secrets of the schools you will walk away with more than you expect. A shadow will fall on you, dark curses will follow you to those you represent. A haunting shade stalks the chambers of the Tenno home. A mother, a care taker a nightmare, and should you threaten her children you will never know peace again. Morgana, the Vengful Queen, the Mother of Magic, the Keeper of Secrets. Will guard her charges.

I would love to see a warframe based on Morgan La Fae maybe a status effect based frame, but really since we already have an Excalibur we need to represent the Queen.

Theme:
- suppressing fire,
- spotter,
- riot control,
- riot starter,
- forces enemies to think twice instead of blindly charging your position,
- primary+heavy weapons specialist,
- easily reinforces compromised positions with superior firepower and deployables,
- sentinel as pet similarly to Khora that can be ordered around or put in strategic place to hold position,
- defensive/stationary frame,
- high valuable target eliminator,
- ammo is resource,
- entire S.W.A.T. team in 1 frame.

Potential names: Riot

Ergo - The Explosive Energy Warframe

His name comes from the Greek word (Ergon) which means "work". This is a term in physics that describes how energy can be transferred from one place to another, or one form to another.

The theme derives from potential and kinetic energy manipulation. Storing potential energy slowly from attacks given and received. Eventually storing up enough energy will result in a penalty explosion or an awesome reward if used correctly. Each damage type can be utilized by Ergo because he can control the way the energy is released once he has contained it safely. He can even convert a status afflicted on him to his own use.

Ergo and his backstory:

Spoiler

He is an Orokin experiment to create a Warframe that can contain and manipulate potential energy and store it to a massive capacity. With this power they could infinitely power up their weapons and increase their destructive power a hundred fold and even change how the energy affected the target. They thought this would turn the tables of the Old War ,However, the experiment originally failed because it would quickly reach a point where the energy was too powerful and violently expelled from the Warframe ripping him apart in the process. After this failure they fused him back together and designed him to be able to contain a large amount of energy but when the levels became too high it would expel from him, but this time without damaging the frame. However the energy released could damage anything in range if it wasn't first stored in his potential energy containment cores located in his head chest hands and feet. This Experiment to increase their own power backfired catastrophically and only secured the fate of the Orokin. Ergo was able to infinitely increase the power of the Tenno and their Warframes ensuring the destruction of the Empire.

This is how I imagined the Lotus would introduce him:

Balance and caution are crucial more than ever. But with a honed sense for danger you can send an equal or much worse force back at your foes. Ergo is the catalyst for a most destructive force. Be careful Tenno few can match this Warframes' explosive nature.

With the new stagger system in place I think this frame will be great for players who enjoy risk for reward. This frame can be used for support, defense, and offense. Kind of like a jack of all trades and a master of none unless you put in the "work".

Here is a quick picture I drew to show how I pictured him:

Spoiler

i5X8LQA.jpg

I’d like to see a military based warframe with abilities such as Tactical Takedown, which deals impact damage and disarms enemies, Missile Barrage as Ability 4, Focus Shot increases accuracy for a short time, and Frag Grenade as Ability 1. For passive ability, each headshot reduces weapon’s recoil for 5 secs and refreshed with each headshot.

The Warframe name is Sarge.

June: The Toy frame.  (comes from the french Jeune for young). 

Design: A very geometric frame, blocky with larger limbs, similar to old school toy soldiers with a large key in his back like a wind up toy that spins as he moves.

Lore:The Tenno were Children once, they had toys like any other child. This warframe was created of the Orokin engineers early in the development to channel the childish void energy of the Tenno into a weapon.

Am 8.3.2020 um 23:23 schrieb Fallowsthorn:

(Reposting from general discussion: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1173637-warframe-theme-ideas-spreadsheet/)

I got overwhelmed trying to figure out what had already been suggested, so I started making a spreadsheet. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sTHEs2ixxQXdkVDYI7MQykTX9dnQELUdWGpMnj4reaQ/edit?usp=sharing Ta-daaaaaa.

I'm only up to page 37 (of 1834!) but it's pretty much slowed down to "werewolf... angel... plants... demon... werewolf... shadows... summoner... Grineer... werewolf..." so I stopped writing down duplicate names. If you want to help request access on the sheet please and try to stop at the ends of pages. If there's a mistake on someone's username or something just add a comment.

Note that this tool is primarily for checking whether your idea is already promoted, not for specific suggestions. There's some fudging of similar concepts into the same category (eg several different kinds of werewolf concepts all went under "werewolf" on the sheet), and some splitting of concepts (eg "a quadruped werewolf frame" goes under both "quadruped" and "werewolf").

@[DE]Helen, @DivadLegor, @TheUncalled@Nephalem, @thewolflord, @Sdric, if any of you could please edit your posts to include a link to the sheet so that newcomers see it first thing and don't just compound the problem, that would be amazing. Obviously you don't have to but it would be extremely helpful to Future Me (and Future Anyone Helping Me).

i did tho, its a google drive document

15 minutes ago, TheUncalled said:

i did tho, its a google drive document

You linked a google drive document describing your slime frame concept in further detail. The spreadsheet is for listing out everyone's concepts so we don't get the same ones over and over. (This thread would probably be half as long if you took out all the werewolf suggestions.) You don't have to link to it by any means, but it would be very helpful for a lot of people.

Archived