Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

A form changer frame similar to the likes of iron man, deus ex and inspector gadget.

All abilities would consist of cycle abilities (similar to vauban mine layer or ivara quiver) and would have 3-4 options for each ability. Making the frame a jack of all trades with a flexible playstyle for players.

Each ability cycle would have an overarching purpose (1st ability: offense, 2nd ability: defense, 3rd ability: crowd control and 4th ability: ultimates as an example) with the ability options within each cycle providing the player unique options to achieve the specified goal of said cycle (close combat, AOE, counter attack, shields, long range, wide rang attacks, tanking, support, single target, multi target, explosives, etc.).

Design wise, the default mode would be a sleek futuristic design with orokin and sentient designs. It would also have 3-4 alternative modes for the type of ability being used (combat mode, defense mode, long range mode, etc.). The alternative modes would have the default form unfold out/open up similar to gauss's redline and the cybernetic arms that have pop out blades from cyberpunk 2077.

Lorewise, the frame would have been created out of orokin empire from the old war experimenting on sentient specimen and merging with void energy.

The inspiration came from the teaser for devstream 128 with me mistaking gauss for a gadget/iron man like frame. Infinity war iron man and anthem javelins also played a hand in my idea.

I made a complete concept for a star-based frame a long time ago called Trochia. Abilities revolved around using light and solar radiation/fire, along with a 4th ability that pretty much just removed all gravity and heat from a large area (aka turned it into open space).

I was thinking about a frame and I really though of an Idea of a multi platform type frame. I would recommend something like something from an old cartoon I remember called The Centurions. It was a set of guys that would activate a statement and would then be given a set of gear to defeat the enemy, things like plane parts, ship parts or car parts. I think it would be interesting to have a unit that you can setup and change there setup on the fly, Need tech corpus parts, need defensive grineer parts, want to go melee crazy infested items.

Chaos Warframe / Heavy Metal frame theme

This is the Heavy metal Frame, the chaos, the discord ( is an Octavia counterpart in terms of music and armony). This Warframe spread the chaos with his/ her exalted weapon Guitar ( Big Axe ), one of the abilities: perform heavy metal music to create chaos in the enemies, when more is the chaos, more damage can deal with the exalted weapon.

warframe design theme: " the undead hand". the hand from unknown dimension(Abyss??), some hands try to pull the character into their dimension but some try to hold the character together (if not, the character "part" will disassemble and turn in to pieces). Theme with quick draw of the idea...khem-t-warframe-no.jpg?1584038281

A polymorph warframe,can equipe all of appearances, skins than others warframes possess by the players,tennogen,prime,delux etc.for the powers,the same,like a copycat this frame can use all others frame powers but only the first for the first,the second for the second etc you see the idea.a full personalisable frame,for unlock the frame power you must have up the original frame at max level,or the prime version at max level at choice,you can make a history on this frame,a secret prototype destined at your tenno by Margulis or the Lotus or a new friendly faction like ostrons,can obtain with a creepy quest.maybe a new umbra with a tortured spirit,with a multimental personnality for explain they capacity.i don't know.but a frame with a quest for explain,like titania,harrow, excalibur umbra,mirrage,inaros etc.and for finish if i have the choice for the design artist,please the people have make the last nyx delux skin^^.sorry for my english isn't my maternal languages.

Warframe without gender. A Collective Mind. They were created from one person, but Orokin were not satisfied with the results, so they tried to improve it by fusing it with more people. Experiment went out of control and warframe started to consume minds of scientists and everyone who was on their way.

I have always been fascinated by the stars and atmosphere of mystery in Warframe. I would love to see a warframe with the power to wield the mysteries of the cosmos. Something forged by an unknown entity and can call upon otherworldly phenomenon's to do their bidding. Falling stars, black holes, wormholes, supernovas you name it. Their armor or cloth shimmers with starlight. Idk man, my tiny head is tryin to pop something cool out of it XD. Thanks for all that you guys do!

Cephalon Warframe:

A support warframe that attaches/posseses itself to its allies giving them different kinds of buffs (attack and defense boost will make it very viable) . Being a cephalon, players may access the quest from Cephalon Suda.

For it's attack ability, it can attach itself to enemies, and drain their health, healing you and your allies in the process.

A passive like the "energy syphon" aura would be great. As a cephalon it kinda fits. 

This, I might say would be very cool as I am a support main and would love to see another support frame. For the lore, let's make the frame a very good friend of Ordis as I want to hear more from him. 

I couldn't help but think of a few ideas for the abilities when i came up with this concept, but a frame themed around throwing daggers and manipulating them after they hit a target. 1 is a dagger throw that leaves a dagger in whatever it hits, and 2 lets you shoot a thrown dagger at something else (ex: causing it to shoot from one target to another)

Theme for a new warframe... A warframe that will be something new. At the moment we have a lot of themes, and it's all cool. BUT, looking at the game, there is a lot of factions, elements and etc. Asking a question "what we dont have" is kinda important.
Well, idea of mine is simple, but it can be played really cool. When the Umbra came my mind was... in doubts. And then there is a New War coming. So many themes we can explore! Sentient-based warframe? Basically Revenant tho. A swordsman themed warframe? And air one? Ultimate gunslinger? Elements? Space? Void? Rage incarnate? "You killed my dog now i kill you all" themed? What we don't have yet?
Warframes, all of them - wretched things, we don't know what's going on inside of eash of them - all of them can think even now, when recretated? How many of them - just a husk of themselves? By syandanas and armor discription we can think of that there was a good militia in Orokin.
And yet, i'm just coming to it.

It could be simple, but what about a weaponsmith or blacksmith? Like, the one who created or helped in creation of some of famous weapons of the Old War? Maybe the one that know the secrets that no one else know behind some looking regular items, like void keys? Could be interesting to work with that idea, so hook it up, at least!

Conclusion: a smith-warframe

A Ghost frame, incorporeal, but can use it's powers to materialise for a short time to interact with the corporeal.

A weak frame with poor stats, low health and armour, no shields incredibly vulnerable when corporeal, but with abilities that allow it to drain life from its enemies.

In order to use weapons the frame will have to materialise, rendering itself vulnerable to attack. But, it's 4 ability will allow it  to ghost ride enemies controlling them for a while using them as it's hands as it hovers behind them, it's hands clasped to its targets head.

Abilities.

1. Materialise. The ability to interact with the corporeal world, short duration at the start, but gaining duration as the frame levels. (required to pick up, drop, and basically interact with the game world) press once to activate, press again to deactivate before the duration ends (see ability 3 for reasons)

2. Ghostly Kinesis, Basically a force push, a reverse Mag pull. Could also be some kind of lure to bring enemies closer?

3. Leech. Radial attack, pulls health from nearby enemies to heal the frame (only a portion of health is given to the frame per enemy affected). The more damaged the frame is, the more damage this attack will do the more health you gain. Lose health while corporeal then jump back into ghost form and hit 3 to heal up and kill all the enemies close to you.

4. Ghost Rider. The ability to take control of an enemy for a time, allowing the frame to use it as a weapon or tool as the need arises. (does NOT summon a flaming motorcycle!) Holding down 4 will drain the target of health healing the frame causing the target to crumble to dust.

For fun, we could have this frame become corporeal when jumping through a Limbo rift requiring it to use 1 in order to become a ghost again. Or become tangible when inside of Limbos bubble.

A frame believed lost in the void forever. finally it has returned. . .

On 2020-03-06 at 8:34 PM, (NSW)R4NDOM said:

Revenant has always been a favorite of mine considering I have an strange obsession with sentients- but how about a full-out sentient themed frame? We have Nidus representing the Infestation. Time for the sentients to have a representing aswell!

(Oh and happy 7th to everyone stopping by!)

THISSS!

Pascal - pressure themed warframe

Master of explosions, implosions, vacuum and compressing stuff. He/she would be invulnerable to space vacuum and negate blast procs. He/she could suck into one place and compress a bunch of enemies, turning them into a small bullet or make a vacuum bubble around itself. About lore, maybe something about pre-archwing space battles or fighting on asteroids surface. Regarding looks i think about JIM suit / space suit or really slim skeleton-like body.

I would really like to see terrain manipulation as an theme, abilities could include the creation of walls, pitfalls, or pillars. Passive could be based on the area you are standing on, maybe some AOE abilities that add an affect to an area.

The theme for my warframe would be Excalibur's older brother. The idea around him would be he uses an Exalted Greatsword(would be his last ability). I have some ideas on his other abilities but I don't know how well they would work in Warframe but there is always hope that they would work out how I hav them imagined in my head.

Warframe oc Citrus by HondausMina

A Slime based frame!

Name: Citrus

Sex: Female

Stats:

Health: 125 (550 at Rank 30)
Shield: 100 (300 at Rank 30)
Power: 200 (500 at Rank 30)
Armor: 30 (150 at Rank 30)
Sprint Speed: 1.95

HER ORIGINS:

One day on the overgrown earth, an asteroid landed onto near one of the bases of the Grineer. Sending out search parties, the Grineer found the crater made by this strange reddish asteroid. The wreckage was covered in this strange orange slime that seemed to be burning the ground were it touched slowly. Traveling down closer to the massive rock, they discovered a warframe embedded into the rock, submerged in a barrier like sphere made out of this light orange glops. 

Seeing this as an opportunity to attempt to understand more about the Tenno and their Warframes, they try to get the warframe out this strange goo and rock. The slime like pools were extremely corrosive to their armors, melting them almost instantly. Seeing this the Grineer made a special suit heavy with many layering of armor in order to go in and swiftly get the warframe out. Stripping some of the framework of the warframe, they discover that this frame was made out of a rare metal that could withstand pools of hot earth and muck, later to be discovered as Tellurium. 

After stripping some of the armor away from the frame, more orange slime swept out of the missing areas. In order to contain this, the Grineer lined the room with tellurium from the asteroid to help have less damage to their buildings. After some research made, the slime like base had proprieties of many acids and restoring elements.. Sometimes they would use this new founded slime in medicine once frozen into a solid base and formed into pills, giving those who ate them an health boost. Other times they were used to burn there rocks and metals, even using some for defense as the wild living back then were rampaging everywhere they turn. This was one way of cleaning up the room they used to hold the warframe til further notice.

The Grineer soon added their own elements of armor to the warframe to replace the bits they ripped away from it, but soon discovered that they couldn't control the warframe. Suddenly during a test, the orange slime that had continued to sweep out the frame suddenly jumps up and attacks the Grineer, burning and melting them away as the slime burst out from the warframe, coating the whole facility in the slime, killing all personal.

After this event, the Grineer abandoned their founded frame and used the earth's wilderness in hopes the Tenno could not find it, but their effects to had this frame were n vein as small pools of the orange slime slowly crept out the forested area, and soon, into the Tenno's radar.

HER ABILITIES:

Passive ability: Able to stick on walls for a long duration of time

1st ability: Slug whips : extends out the whip like limbs from head to jab into enemies, having a chance to drop health orbs from them

2nd Ability: Sticky Situation : Creates a slimy sludge onto the ground that traps enemies who walk onto it for a duration of time (Starting duration 5 seconds, max duration 20 seconds)

3rd ability: Glop Art : Creates corrosive floating spheres of slime and throws them at targeted enemies, covering them and the area in her slime, stick everything together. Has additional splash damage and heavy corrosive damage (Starting with 3, max being 12 )

4th ability: Shell Jumper : (This ability is focused on the round sphere next to her ability bar) She sheds her outer shell and becomes a jelly like being. She cant take damage in this form, but movement speed is decreased 30%. Is able to completely engulf an enemies body, dissolving them into her body and filling up the round sphere. Tapping the ability again returns her to her shell, making a massive explosion of slime around her, killing enemies and giving health buffs to nearby allies. (She is able to dissolve 3 enemies in one time in this ability. If the user taps the 4th again and the sphere is not full, it will only do the damage and not the healing.)

HER WEAPON OF CHOICE:

A whip made of her slime, the base being made out of tellurium. Pieces of tellurium is placed through out the whip to hold the slime in place. Whip has high corrosive damage and high impact damage buff and in Cirtus hand, attack power is increased by 50%

Has anyone suggested a Warframe based on Cu Chulainn yet? Too lazy to check, so here I go:

A loyal hound, huntsman, and tragic hero all in one. Chulainn. He wields a thorny spear and mythical rune magics. A young warrior that cleaved through armies of invaders and seemed indomitable. Even in death, the greatest of soldiers feared to approach him.

I would never dare to propose if it wasn’t for the already existing Oberon and Titania but there it is!

Puck, Wanderer of the Night

Puck is a nimble spirit, a trickster, and a deadly one at that. He hides in the shadows and preys on any foe that dares to even step on a shade. When he is not spreading death, he spreads love (sometimes unusual love...), binding two love birds together to boost their moral and link their fate!

Ok I’ll just write in « chill yo bro » mode now! 

I imagine Puck’s physique as a mix of Oberon’s nature like look and something slightly creepier, a bit like the faun in Labyrinth of Pan. Not ugly though... I know that sounds not possible... I guess nature like but also that wouldn’t inspire trust. I’ll stop there as I already contradicted myself! Nature is important!

As for the abilities, I’m dying to talk about it but I won’t! It’s supposed to be theme only here. I’ll only say that the concept seems dry at first look but there’s plenty to go around as for what Puck could do on the battlefield. IF YOU CHOOSE THIS I’ll POOP MY PANTS FROM HAPPYNESS!

PS: the name of the quest could be « A Midsummer Night’s Dream » AREN’T THOU EXCITED!?!?! :D:D:D

42 minutes ago, (XB1)alchemPyro said:

Has anyone suggested a Warframe based on Cu Chulainn yet? Too lazy to check, so here I go:

A loyal hound, huntsman, and tragic hero all in one. Chulainn. He wields a thorny spear and mythical rune magics. A young warrior that cleaved through armies of invaders and seemed indomitable. Even in death, the greatest of soldiers feared to approach him.

very much would love this

I always thought it'd be really desirable to learn more about Warframe's lore, I've replayed it time and time again on different platforms and never gotten tired of the story quests.

For this reason I suggest: A technocyte infected Orokin executor. I believe the interaction between an actual member of the Orokin higher-ups (even if they are more warframe than orokin) could be a magnificent playground for fleshing out the lore from before we first awoke. The theoretical lore in this case could be either:

A member of the nine soul searches after seeing Margulis' unconditional affection for the Tenno, only to find the rotten insides Margulis' spoke of and takes a key role in the Tenno overthrowing the Orokin.

-or-

Simply an Orokin who has been convicted of assisting one of the hostile factions (regardless of if it's true or not). He then either voluntarily or involuntarily is infected with Technocyte, to be left in the ruins of the Orokin's once golden shadow, awaiting discovery of a curious Tenno.

I personally think a morally ambiguous counterpart to Ballas, but with seemingly better intentions could be an interesting dynamic with his current...

Spoiler

I personally think a morally ambiguous counterpart to Ballas, but with seemingly better intentions could be an interesting dynamic with his current... Involuntary audience member situation.

Regardless of if this idea is chosen it would mean a lot to the lore-philes of the community if we got a frame that's connected to a bigger picture I think. I myself will continue to play warframe through it's droughts just because of how god damn cool the universe is. Please please please please oh god P L E A S E keep it up with the lore, it is hands-down my favourite part of this beloved game.

A Drill-based or "living missile" Warframe, utilizing centrifugal force and spinning motions, with a play-style emphasis on using parkour techniques. Diving into combat to assist allies or decimate enemies sounds kind of fun. The classic Warframe "Bullet Jump" and mid-air kick would be a vital part of the frame's kit (because they are so stylish, they deserve more love). 

Excavation equipment could be a major theme or inspiration for the frame, namely explosives but also drilling and tunneling tools might be very interesting to explore.

A Diamond based Frame.

Manipulating Diamond dust, transforming it in sturdy armor for defense or weapon for bleed damage.

Key would be to make the Diamond dust taking multiple shape and emphasis on bleed damage and shaping weapon out of diamond+energy (think green lantern).

Archived