Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

We need a Engineer! One of the things I love about Warframe is that almost any play style you could think of is available to you. Well, almost. Something I would love to have is a Warframe who’s main focus is building things! Combat drones, sentry turrets, that sort of thing! It could fit easily into lore too, a warrior designed to combat boarding parties on Railjacks, or to defend the golden halls of the Orokin, nothing could penetrate the defenses of where this Warframe was stationed. 

A haunting themed Warframe with two modes, one mode acts as a possessed mannequin and the other as an anchored spirit. The player would have to swap between the two modes to fully exploit their abilities. The mannequin would be more supportive with high HP and armor. The Spirit would be an assassin who trades low defense for high damage, it would also have some control over the mannequin similar to Khora and Venari . The spirit would be tethered to the mannequin and have to stay close or risk taking constant damage.

1 minute ago, Jspr76 said:

Dark Matter Warframe. I can't come up with any details, but it could create black holes and gain various buffs, like becoming invisible by absorbing all light. It could have more abilities than just black holes, but they can be designed in the next phase of development. 

Aka grendel

A warframe based on space would be nice. His knack could be energy management in the form that he can collect "stellar energy" from his surroundings passively (like a solar panel) and store it in a gage. You could also make it so that he gains a small burst of stellar energy everytime he kills 5 enemies. As for the use of stellar energy, he could have an ability that can make a mini shield (like damage reduction) out of it, transform it into energy for allies to use, provide a boost to his weapons, or use it to incapacitate enemies in front of him in the shape of a cone (you can explain it as he uses stellar energy to overload the nervous system of enemies). As for his 4 you can make it like a black hole that will boost your collection of stellar energy exponentially at the cost of an equally taxing energy drain. It would also be cool if you could modify the amount of stellar energy he can hold based off of how much normal energy he has (ex: he can hold 180 stellar energy if he has 360 normal energy and vice versa). To add a little challenge, you could also make all of his abilities (except for the 4th) require stellar energy to use so he can still make use of his 4 to quickly collect stellar energy. In simpler terms, a warframe that uses the energy of the universe to power his abilities, and can fulfill the role of a support in a team or the damage dealer.

37 minutes ago, Coins609 said:

A time based warframe would be nice (and no not the entire maps just for himself and enemys and stuff)

So something similar to limbo but instead of messing with space we mess with time? I like it

A female frame that was severely damaged and has been repurposed as an infestation hive.  Looks similar to a doll covered in wasp nest.  

It's body is propelled by the hive while the frame itself stays limp.  I imagine it visually having two "heads" one of which is the loose hanging old head and the other the amalgam of infestation and the internal neuroptics of the other head.  

Would be good to have another frame for ol'helminth to praise.

I'd like to suggest a shadow frame, no actual physical form, no health pool at all, just shield energy to maintain its self... Perhaps this shadow frame was once a great railjack hero of the old war, but in some sort of final battle, this frame crashed its railjack into the void and thus lost its physical form completely, but has returned as a conscious shadow warrior... Could be interesting to have it turn its enemies own shadows against themselves... Food for thought? 

I have this idea for a very corrupted or maybe incomplete Warframe. They were left abandoned as they were an incomplete prototype during the Orokin downfall. Through reasons beyond my narrative ability, we locate or happen upon the incomplete frame and though scouring for the parts to build it we end up with a crucial component missing. A suggestion is made by (?? ) to use some technology/alternative parts from our enemy factions.

The Warframe would have abilities based which faction was most recently assimilated (somewhere between Eqinox having 2 sets and Chroma having the colours) and through potential lore ties would could see a Warframe that has more understanding of the likes of Ordis because they share that damage that leaves them just less than whole.

Would like to see this because I feel there is an amount of characterization and lore than could be developed by actual writers as opposed to ^ 

I'm thinking of a jester/joker themed Warframe.

More suited to crowd-control like Vauban as opposed to high-damage abilities, but with more randomness to whats happening.

Abilities:

Passive: Has a lower chance to be targeted compared to their team-mates and allies

The Joke: Damages a targeted enemy and causes enemies nearby to laugh and gain a stack of laughter debuff. Every few seconds the laughter is triggered, causing nearby enemies to also gain laughter and one random status effect from the original source.

What's in the box?: Random chance of multiple effects: Ammo, health or energy drop; explosion; cloud of laughing gas etc.

Ooo, look at this!:Causes enemies to converge on a target location, as if you were last seen there. Using on an enemy causes them to be targeted by it's allies.

Ult: Puppet-master: Takes control of a nearby, targeted enemy, granting them increased health and damage, while causing other enemies to target it

How about a Spear and Shield Knight/Guardian themed Warframe? A support/tank frame based on armor build-up and release for damage buffs. Similar to Wukong, but different theme and with a Spear and Shield. Or just a Spear and Shield.

I'll even take a blunt pole and Shield.

Also, Eidolon Fishes when?

Hello!

I would like to see a Warframe that interacts with Operators, granting them small buffs for survivability and mobility. 
Maybe cuz the sentients are coming and the operator has gained more confidence to fight. 
The frame itself could benefit from some of the features of the operator and vice-versa.

Thanks for your wonderfull work and dedication!
This is a fair opportunity to let the community join the creation and I really like it!

Theme - Heavy artillery support

Expansion on theme for direction purposes - offensive based abilities with some boost to allies:
Temporary boost to firepower/melee within a range around them
Offensively intimidating - emphasis on 'TANK' aesthetic
Some similarity to Unairu focus branch
Turret mode with very low maneuverability but trade off of destructive bolster to damage 

Name jaunts - Cinnabar, Pyrite, etc, electrical or explosive origin

A warframe that is a hybridization of Sentient and Helminth technology. It was an attempt at creating a sentient based warframe that then got infected by the Helminth, but because it was Sentient based it integrated the Helminth into itself and became stronger

We need a beast character! Something ugly with teeth and claws! Muted, earthy colors for blending in with foliage. Something feral, that you can look at and immediately recognize: "hey, that's an apex predator right there!" Maybe even the first warframe with a mouth and teeth since the current lineup is severely lacking in bite force psi lmao

Well I really like the idea of exploring mythologies surrounding fallen angels and I’m pretty sure there’s nothing like that yet in warframe. Yes we may have equinox who’s basically switching from devil to angel but we don’t have something that both at once. Fallen angels are commonly appear as animals or many of them at once so even a warframe based on the myth of chimera would be pretty sweet and there’s a lot that can be done with it. 

I have an idea for a female warframe themed around bones. She'd have 2 separate forms, similar to Equinox. The normal one is weak and can create pylons to empower her alternate form. Her alternate form is an unstoppable juggernaut which is slow but incredibly powerful. The juggernaut cannot bullet jump or slide.

Archived