Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

1. Nature/infested Themed Warframe (female frame)

Ability based on air, water, earth, and infested. Air, water, earth orbs will rotate 45 degree from her body, ability casts will be from the orb. The infested ability will come from the gem in her chest. Her body is like nidus, composed of infested (I want wood but I heard warframe is a unique infested) with dark purple color, her hands and feet composed of earth with white ash color. She will have exposed vein like water flowing with blue color. She will get air ephemera (wind with leaf blowing) exclusive for her, like khora with her syandana.

Ability description is WIP, presently it's like wisp first ability, too defensive but a bit useless.

2. Orokin Themed warframe (male frame) (overpowered)

This frame I call him 'emperor'. You will get this frame by completing story/quest.

Story: He is originally an orokin council of highest order, he is very smart, his morality can be either bad, good, and neutral, mainly neutral. When the tenno judged by the council, some of them want them die, the rest want them as a front soldier in war or personal slave soldier. But this neutral council took pity of them and said 'let them live, train them, and let them become our soldier'. Because of his opinion is always different from other council, he is hated by the rest of his peer. He is later betrayed by his peer in the war of sentient, framed him, and tortured by becoming a warframe like excalibur umbra.

Apperance (WIP): He is like equinox but with three form. His color mainly black and white. 1st form is star themed, it's his neutral form. 2nd form is sun themed, it's his offensive form. 3rd is moon form, it's his defensive form

Ability (Very WIP): He can have sentience by casting his first ability, split into three, with duration, like umbra. He has his own weapons, like garuda. The star will have dual machine pistol with secondary of shotgun blast, The sun will have automatic rifle with secondary become semi-auto with increased zoom, The moon will have Twin sword that can become greatsword if combined. He has uniqueness; He can talk, commenting the tenno in the game. His personality is like a king albeit with a hint of arrogance and supremacy.

I planned the abilities to depends on the mods used. It's no matter if your strength, duration, efficiency, and radius is more or less than 100%, it still useful. So, a headache in modding.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Totem

Gameplay:

Harrow is one of my favorite frames to play because while his kit is incredibly powerful, none of his abilities deal direct damage. The Chained Clergyman is capable of shredding mooks by overclocking his guns and sustaining allies by shredding mooks, all without a single point of his energy dealing damage. With Totem, let's accomplish something similar, using resources picked up from slain enemies to fuel abilities that empower his allies and disable his enemies.

Lore:

[Read this in Ballas' prime trailer voice] "A mentor of mine once told me 'If you want control a person, use a weapon. If you want to control a people, use an icon'. Totem is that icon."

Here is an album of aesthetic inspiration, drawing from South Asian mythos (and yes, the multi-armed thing is important): https://imgur.com/a/d0QtUFw

Legios, The Battlefield Commander: Encourages teamwork and functions a lot with the Affinity share distance. Logistical support and Buffs. Inspires other frames to do better.

Example: Could take the strongest stat of each warframe loadout in the group (range efficiency strength duration) and grants a percentage of the difference to the other frames in order to positively standardise the group. Deploy Walls to control the flow of the battlefield.

Image commissioned for this concept. Artwork by Hagglefish (Kinda NSFW)
Legios:
unknown.png

Aria is a siren-mermaid themed Warframe

Aria is uniquely designed to fit into the lore and nature of sirens as much as possible, as such, her passive reflects how vindictive she can be when her targets are capable of resisting her song. And just how powerful and angry she can be if they are even capable of resisting her allure so much that she dies.

As sirens are usually seductive and alluring, Aria’s abilities will revolve around sound, singing with mist for an aquatic or sea-like effect seeing that most sirens were associated with the sea.

Heavily based on lore and the concept of an Aquatic temptress, one wholly capable of survival and fatal damage to her enemies

Shrouded mist and with aquatic tones, her appearance is one that is ethereal and mysterious with a hint of the warrior the Tenno are known for

Her kit would draw heavy influence from singing and alluring/enchanting her targets and also buffing her allies with her song. She would also be able to sway or cause enemies to be more devoted to her, making them slaves for her purpose.

Unaware enemies are susceptible to high damage and are easy to finish off

Aria is known to consume her enemies and as such doing finishers to enemies will give her a benefit and also increase her Allure and captivating air. This empowers her and her allies but cripples her enemies.

As a siren, who is capable of controlling targets by song, Aria becomes enraged by targets that are capable of damaging her and ultimately killing her, releasing a scream upon death as a last ditch effort to take her enemies with her.

Her true power comes from her primordial state where she changes into her full sea form with razor sharp fins and a tailfin. She also has the benefit of using her Harp as a master musician to attack from range. Or she relishes ripping into her enemies up close.

Lore

Closely revered by the inhabitants of the Uranus open world as a protector from Tyl's forces and the carnivorous wildlife that exist in its depths.

It is said that Aria's song calms the beasts and they see her as the top predator... 

All except for one... 

This is Aria. The Siren… The Mist…

True to myth, Aria strikes fear into the hearts of all those who hear her song. Killing enemies to enhance her Allure, granting her further increase to herself and her abilities.

With Veritas, Aria releases a song, judging all those who are hit by its wave. Enemies hit are briefly stunned, receiving damage over time and two targets are turned into healing thralls. Allies within range are restored health by the mist the enemies emit, and granted bonus movement speed and damage resistance when hit. If hit, Aria is cured and immune to status effects, gaining an aura that also heals allies and damages enemies.

Misty Deluge spawns a cloud of mist that engulfs an area of Aria’s choosing, providing cover for herself and her allies. Enemies entering the cloud are lulled into a false sense of security by her song, receiving fatal damage over time. Any alerted enemy will continue to be pacified while within the mist. Allies entering the mist will regain much needed energy overtime, and are granted status immunity. While within the cloud, Aria’s Allure allows for an increase in the damage the enemies receive and Aria gains 10 energy when they die.

Fatale allows Aria to summon a misty mirage of herself which stores the damage it receives. Enemies hearing her Fatale song will be drawn in, with those closing in on the clone receiving damage overtime by the cool mist. Upon deactivation, the clone explodes violently, impaling and damaging all enemies within the mist’s wave.

Embrace your dormant power, Aquaria awakens Aria’s primordial state. Gaining a fin, Aria becomes a true terror of the sea. Tear through enemies with your ancient rage, moving too fast for the eyes to see. Or attack from afar with your harp, stunning and blasting enemies with sound and condensed water. Aria’s presence also causes fatal damage to weak enemies who close in on her, increasing with her Allure.

Aria is vindictive Tenno, when damaged Aria can regain health and energy by ending her attackers with finishers. If she is struck down, Aria releases a death scream, inflicting all those who hear insane damage from her rage.

Aria is a grace or terror on the battlefield Tenno… Where do you stand? Can you brace her song?

Image/concept Art: https://twitter.com/RoKelly6/status/1240692347890876416?s=09

make a recycle warframe that has a primary weapon that absorbs enemy armor health shields to then shoot it like ammo( depending of the faction armor ,health and shield most absorb it would a different bonus type damage)like a junk jet but the ammo but a vaccum system to recharge using the enemy.

It’s hard to settle on a single idea. Warframe has pulled from so many sources and though I’d love to see an expansion on Egyptian and African themes, a were-beast, and a summoner , there’s one idea that I’m particularly interested in. Nezha and Wukong pulled from Chinese mythology and there are some other aspects of Chinese culture that could make for a very interesting Warframe.

I haven’t come up with a name for it yet, but this warframe would be themed after Chinese neigong or internal martial arts such as baguazhang, tai chi, and qi gong practices. Additionally, it would be awesome to see the inclusion of calligraphy. I’m thinking something along the lines of internal martial arts principles such as receptivity and absorption with qualities of Inque from Batman Beyond and Taoist talismans and seals. There are a ton of awesome names from these martial arts that can be drawn on for abilities i.e. Embrace Tiger, Return to Mountain.

I am running late on this submission so I’m going to have to cut it shorter than I planned, but I’ve included a video of the main teacher of my tai chi lineage just to demonstrate some form that might be included in the final design/abilities.

Thank you so much for sharing your creative ideas with us! It was a pleasure to read your ideas for lore and admire your art.

We have reviewed all of your submission and chosen the Top 10 Warframe Theme ideas. Design Council voting has begun and closes on Thursday, March 26! The theme with the most votes will become the next community-created Warframe.

Here are the Top 10 Themes:

• Calligraphy: "A vision of a monk and a scholar, deadly yet sophisticated."
    • Submitted by JareeZy
  • Hive: "Hosts a swarm of bloodthirsty flying swarm insects seeking enemies to feast upon."
    • Submitted by xX_ReiMar_Xx
  • Broken Warframe: "It's obviously not put together correctly and it's pretty much the epitome of making a bug a feature."
    • Submitted by eaterofstorms
  • Morpheus: "Based on the Greek god of sleep and dreams."
    • Submitted by JONNY_AFRO_
  • Falconer: "A falconer based Warframe from Cetus, that has a companion, like Khora, that is a condroc."
    • Submitted by DerpasaurasRex0
  • Ballerina: "A ballerina based frame, dancing majestically over the battle field."
    • Submitted by Jarranna
  • Ghost in the Machine: "Based around the idea of hacking, setup and data transfer."
    • Submitted by Sekan
  • Arawn, King of Annwn: "Believed to set the Cŵn Annwn loose to hunt mundane creatures." This Warframe's Cŵn Annwn would be a Kubrow, a spectral hound.
    • Submitted by Avenka
  • Kamaitachi: Japanese yokai beast that rides devilish winds and attacks people with limbs like that of a sickle or razor.
    • Submitted by Salenstormwing & AmdorElensar
  • Gargoyle: A stone monster believed to frighten away evil spirits.
    • Submitted by Horizon Ultima

Archived