Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

I would love to see a kinda bionic warframe, where the limbs are part of the ability kit and drastically alter the way a warframe interacts with other entities. E.G it rips off it's own arm and throws it at an enemy to grapple them, and while the arm is out and about the player is restricted to one handed actions and single handed weapons.

Or taking it's own leg and use it as an makeshift bat to beat the enemies to a pulp

AI-based / Machine-Warframe.

As we know, Warframes are controlled by the Tenno.

The idea for this one is that, during the early days of the Grineer trying to take over the galaxy, the current lack of active Tennos made it hard to control the threat. So it was attempted to create A.I's that control mass-produced Warframes. These 'frames had no "space magic" like normal frames, but instead used sheer firepower to deal with the Grineer. In other words, built-in weapons.

The frames were equipped with retractable weapon systems, such as wrist blades, small arm cannons, etc. They also had a very mechanic/machine look to them, which set the apart from the "organic" look of normal frames.

They had no shields, either, but instead had very durable armor plating.

From a gameplay perspective, my idea would be that the Frame has 3 offensive and 1 defensive ability.

A moddable arm cannon, features two equipable variants. Slow firing, heavy hitting cannon with AoE, or fast firing machine gun with good single-target damage and a large amount of ammo. These would have the same ammo systems as archguns, so they'd recharge after you stop firing.

Some kind of point defense system, shoots down incoming projectiles (or simply reduces incoming damage), but drains energy over time.

Siege mode. Equips a second cannon on your other arm (a copy of the first ability), allowing for even more firepower at a higher firerate, but makes you move slowly and disables melee. Also overheats when firing continuously, so you need to watch the heat. Would be fun when using a machine gun/gatling variant of the cannon.

And honestly I dunno what the last ability would be.

The passive could be high knockdown/stagger resistance or maybe increased armor when stationary.

I know someone already suggested a hacker frame, but what if we made it a tad more meta? A frame that literally hacks the game for weird effects. Maybe even with some fourth wall knocking. If you don’t like the idea of breaking immersion, then maybe explain it as the void gives this frame unnatural abilities to bend reality. Maybe he/she can pop enemies out of existence for a limited time. Or be in multiple places at once. Maybe even spawn factions not already present in the map to distract the enemies who are and sow confusion. A frame for the ultimate power fantasy, as the game’s reality itself becomes your playground.

How about a Spirit tipe warframe. Like, he could remove a enemys spirit, leaving the body hollow and creating a temporary ally out of the enemys spirit. And he could create two spirit arms coming back of his back with 2 astral blades that could be costumised like a exalted blade. It would work like a "Susano" or like a "Nero Devil Trigger"

Probably a werewolf of some kind. It's 4 could be similar to a wukong transformation except it actually locks you into the exalted melee, however it also could enhance all the other abilities to have more range and slash procs. Other abilities could be a charge attack that gets bigger and stronger with the wolf form. 2 could be either a speed buff or something which can maybe enhance to make it stronger and give to other players and the 3 could work as an aoe slash damage that draws enemies in without wolf form but with fears them when you are in wolf form giving the character some variety while sticking to the theme. 

A Warframe based on arsenal/weapon use with a bit of a battle master/manic vibe to it that can summon extra arms. A Master of Arms kind of theme 

Summons arms to wield extra weapons, and can summon extra weapons from arsenal or a slightly less powerful version of a weapon you're already holding in mission. 

Produces its own ammo for guns from its body allowing weapons to recharge ammo instead of reloading. Instead, it would steal ammo from enemies as well as use ammo pickups as a kind of flak jacket to protect itself. Summoning extra arms uses up more of the flak jacket, but would allow it to steal more ammo from enemies or even steal health. 

Would be focused on buffing the weapons of allies instead of Warframe abilities, as well as the excessive use of weapons itself, with either a storm of bullets or blades to use to deadly effect 

Frames themes that I would personally like to see:

A more paladin like frame, sword and shield usage, similar to a knight as well

A sniper frame, we have some frames that are more akin to gunslingers like Gauss, Mesa, and Rhino in some aspects, but non really have a specific theme of a weapon of usage

An actual Warlock frame, harrow does not count, utilizing the void to either confuse or decimate small crowds

Literally just look at a few of Rahtalius's warframe concept checkup videos for other concepts as well, he gives really good feedback on other people's concepts for there abilities

Once a friend of mine asked me about it and i haven't change my idea since them.

Warframe needs a beast-shapeshifter warframe or just a shapeshifter in general 

We've got berserker valkyr and trickster Loki

I'm looking for something in between a warframe that will be able to become the foe and infiltrate kill them from inside and when time comes to become something else, the beast

With some of our frames like nekros inaros or nyx we can create minions from our enemies as specters, but what if we could become the enemy the ultimate controllable spectre  

We've got titania the miniframe, it would be cool if the shapeshifter could increase in size adding range benefits

how about a blood frame

• passive: signs give +5 armor and +1% health per sign, affecting both the frame and the enemies that currently has em. (meaning he cant go around spreading sign indefenetly as in doing so he also boosts enemies)
  • abilities:
  1. corrupt health on nearby enemies and drain a percentage to boost his own leaving a 'sign' of his corruption on each enemy affected
  2. cause corrupted enemies to leave a trail of blood corrupting enemies that pass through it
  3. drain all signs from corrupted enemies to the frame damaging all drained targets and targets that signs pass through, boosting his health and stacking extra health as bonus decaying by time
  4. explode the frame leaving him with depleted shields, 10% health and staggered. all health drained is converted in aoe damage, damaging all enemies in the area

a healer and dps warframe ( we only have 3 healers now)

theme : dark - death - ghostly - skeleton- maybe Horsemen of the Apocalypse 

kinda like a dark and deadly version of harrow .. some one that use death to bring life and use life to bring death (like how vampires have to take lives to sustain their own)

can we please have an actual grim reaper frame,i know we have nekros who like raises the dead but i dont care so much about that. Give us a frame that was forgotten about since the old war who lost his battle and fell tothe depths of the void. who will yet stand a chance to be awoken by the tenno to finally take revenge against the sentients. give us a dark past with an even darker present. make us journey to the deepest darkest reaches of the void to find this frame in hybernation. give us a frame purely based on damage and killing, forget the sub par buff powers that are essentially useless. give us a pure un adultterated damage frame.

A Locksmith Warframe whose appearance resembles style from the steampunk era. 

A master of locks, keys, gears and moving mechanisms alike; it's the little things that matter. Clanking, jittering, waiting to get to work on those that are broken. When the bell misses a strike, they move, and on all the land that is peaceful or war ridden; they make it their workshop.

I would love to see a warframe based on the concept of taking a gamble.
Like a gambler warframe. My original idea was someone that is based around the idea of a 50-50 all in.
Someone who in middle of the fight reaches a turning point where he or she has to make the call: do i back out and play it safe or do I take the gamble and all in
Be it from something like buffing himself or the squad dramatically for a short period of time or playing it safe and entering a defensive state, sacrificing power for utility/defensive capabilities.
I think it could lead to fun ideas both from a kit perspective and from an overall artowrk concept. From something whack like the equivalent of a dialed down credit booster or you deal 50% more damage but take 50% more damage for x amount of time
Well, that's my two cents anyway

What about a bear themed frame? Like, he ramps up speed as he runs, and can become unstoppable at max stacks. And can become tanky. Like if Rhino and Valkyr had a kid. Exalted Bear Claws or something like that.

It's an idea I had for a while but the Warframe is an amalgamation of the other enemy types in the game in order to fight using the strengths of each type. 

as far as abilities go it would use the system where you can cycle through the powers like minelayer as an example. the abilities could be done a few different ways my favorite is a set of powers that all cycle between different enemy mimicking abilities and the 4 would turn you into a full amalgam for a duration or on a drain that uses the full cycle in one cast.(alternative to that 4 would be using it as a passive charge kinda like baruuk.) One example I like in this would be an augmentation that cycles like an infested ancient arm that lets melee hit farther, a corpus mask that highlights a weak point to shoot, grineer could Don their armor, and for the last I was thinking either a corrupted buff but not the same as relic more like it makes it so you don't need to reload instead of infinite ammo. Or a sentient armor that resists a few types of damage types at a time.

Second favorite is that one ability just cycles everything else so each ability just corresponds to a type on its own like the ability transforms you into a type which changes the kit as a passive for this one it could give buffs corresponding to the type example.(extra armor for grineer, corpus gives shields, infested gives health, and sentient would give damage resistances) this one could have a cool thing where it's appearance changes depending on form. This one also could change if more enemies are added and have a kit added on.

Archived