Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

I once had the idea for "Primal" Warframes, ancient Warframes (or failed experiments) that reverted back to an animalistic form that we, as players, would have to hunt, defeat and capture (think Monster Hunter x Pokemon) and then tame through Transference to become proper, usable Warframes. My first concept for this was a Primal Rhino, which would effectively be the Umbra version of Rhino but another idea that I had that I would love to see, with or without this overall concept, would be a lion-themed Warframe. One with two different modes, a Lioness-mode (Hunter) and a Lion-mode (Warrior) that would have different abilities/passives.

Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris etc martial arts style frame that can use multiple style mods and multiple weapon sets as it progresses in levels. 

Like for the first 6 levels 1 mod and a load out of changeable melee and a primary 

Starting 7 to 13th 2 mods and setting a melee and primary in a separate load out

14 to 20th 3 mods 3 loadouts

21 to 26th 4 mods and 4 loadouts

And mods or weapon sets change the stances and move sets/ emotes of the warframe ie.. nunchuck wielding Bruce lee from the ninkondi based mod or serious and calm like when he does the one inch punch wielding claws or tekko 

I would love to see a warframe themed around nanobots. Like they could have abilities that upgrade their bodies and their allies with damage buffs. Also an ability to heal allies, and boost their defenses. Another ability would be to turn any technology or weapons in the area into an upgraded weapon, kind of like an exalted weapon. And finally their ultimate could summon a swarm of nanobots that can eat away at enemies like grey goo and convert them into nanobot infused allies. They would even have a unique look like all futuristic technology kinds of robotic enemies. I would see the warframe having circuitry glowing on their body like upgrade from ben 10. I think this would be a great Idea for a tech themed warframe!

Laoch/Locke/Loque (Male or female)

A rune/runic based Warframe, inspired of both Nordic and Celtic culture Trinity knots and whatnot. Similar to both Harrow and Baruuk in concept. Able to place different runic buffs on allies, has a little sprite that follows him around and damages/curses enemies, he can erect an obelisk that buffs/heals allies and he can become an avatar of sorts taking on a new form like a bear or wolf (or perhaps summons said creatures as a familiar). He could flip between malevolence and benevolence. If he casts more support abilities he gets more potent at it and same goes for hexes and curses, he'll get more aggressive and offensive, and that depicts whether or not hes a dps or support similar to equinox.

It was discovered inside a derelict temple of the northern arctic sector of Earth surrounded by mysterious and dangerous energies only dispelled via certain incantations only known by the now long gone civilization that this warframe devoted it's life to protect or perhaps destroy. Now that this civilization is gone it seeks a new purpose. 

As for look, I'm no artist although my imagination goes wild. The warframe will be robed in mage-like garbs and will have tomes or stones with runes on them that channel the energies of the void within them, only being unleashed through incantations. It's clothes would have scriptures imprinted on the lining, baroque and regal yet, humble and benevolent in design. 

Ability names could be: Runic imprint, Obelisk/monolith, Geosenge, Avatar/Golem, Hex/Curse, etc

Passives could be:

Sprite/Will-o-wisp: A small ball of energy orbits around  Laoch/Locke/Loque that can damage/buff/heal Laoch/Locke/Loque it cannot be targeted/damaged by enemies and is not an entity by standard means and can be influenced by Obelisk/Monolith

Hex: Enemies affected by Laoch/Locke/Loque's abilities can transfer the effect to other enemies with depleting effectiveness the more enemies affected.

Avatar: Depending on how Laoch/Locke/Loque's abilites are used that is how his avatar/golem mode will take form. He plays support he turns into an eagle or elk that can heal allies and detect enemies and provide damage reduction in it's presence and it he plays offensively he turns into a wolf or bear and he can maul and weaken enemies.

I know abilities aren't considered for this stage but a runic warframe that can channel arcane magicks and scream incantations is something I'd very much like to see eventually.

Assassinframe. A frame that gains more benefits for every kill performed. Something like health, energy, Shields, etc. Or even just simply increasing speed, etc. But of course, there are even greater benefits to performing stealth kills. Sorry if this is too much detail.

A Lovecraftian warframe--become an eldritch abomination! Abilities could include:

• Chaos: sowing of confusion, collapse, catatonia, etc. Occasionally an enemy could have the opposite reaction and be massively buffed and berserk for the duration of the ability. Charge to increase scale.
  • Forbidden Knowledge: a group buff, maybe on a toggle, to boost nearby teammates' ability strength at the cost of your own health and/or energy cap.
  • Shrine: the ability to drop a permanent (as with Wisp's pods) but destructable shrine; nearby enemies are enslaved and forced to worship at the shrine, boosting your own ability strength, range or duration, or maybe health/energy regeneration rate, as their life is slowly consumed by it--the more cultists worshiping you, the greater the buff. 
  • Convert (passive): random defeated enemies are permanently enslaved and fight at your side until their death. Not subject to Shrine's enslavement effect.

Abilities should have tradeoffs, and direct damage abilities should be avoided.

perhaps a cat-like warframe
I know that we have Valkyr, but while she is like the feral, wild cat who puts fear into her enemies. This warframe would be the typical housecat, breaking stuff and generally causing chaos, sneaking around the map and using quick, sharp movements to bounce between enemies, destroying weapons and slowing down enemies. (THIS IS NOT A STEALTH WARFRAME IF YOU ONLY READ "sneaking around the map")
I can picture a warframe that can move regularly, or being able to swap into a position where they run on all 4's (perhaps by some form of item?), pouncing onto enemies and breaking their weapons by violently slashing at them, using the enemies themselves as part of the map to jump between and off, being agile and hard to hit, never staying still for even a moment.

Small, Nimble, Agile, a bringer of chaos and a sly assassin.

Hello!

How about a Light-consumer/user Warframe?

Its abilities would consume light in the room (as very old Volt ultimate would destroy any source of lights in the room) and could use it back to :

• Blind/Fear enemies
  • Buff allies

Its ability set could :

• Create either creepy or soothing feelings by modifying environments/lightnings. The creepy environment would trigger a lot of statuses (fear/puncture/disarm) and the soothing one statuses (blind/radiation/sleep) as well as damage over time
  • Reveal/Hide surrounding objects (as the lantern in Hallowed Flame event)
  • This duality could result either by the energy color (like Chroma) or by triggering a spell (like Equinox)

A scrap metal junker frame made in a rush attempt by one of the orokin children lost in the void. Build turrets for defence collects scrap metal to repair turrets and self and can make electro magnetic metal plates that surrounds allies and moving defence targets such as arbitration and rescue. 

So... when I started to type my idea, there was only 1 page of submissions. By the time I hit submit, I was on page 20. Then when I looked back at the previous pages, there were a couple that were kinda close to my idea. How is that gonna work?
I could have posted mine first, but I wanted to make my "pitch" sound good. 😞

Does it even matter?

I would love to see a design based around a Cephalon with a pair of independent Sentinels.

Lots of cubic, rigid shapes for the body, while the arms and legs would line up more with the more mechanical sentinel appearances. Helmets would be very literally shaped after the Sentinels, with the primary being boxy like Dethcube, alternate helmet would have Shade's aesthetic. All of these parts have the Orokin energy vines connecting them together somewhat like a sealant or musculature. These would be animated to appear like data is flowing through them, surging during ability casts.

Syandana themed on them would be an energy vine cape being held up by a pair of small Cephalon cubes attached near the shoulders.

Give them a pair of sentinels tied to the Warframe that have the cubic Cephalon design to them, or perhaps appear to be a Cephalon piloting a shell of sorts, shifting colors depending on whether they are attacking, moving, healing, etc.

The idea I have with the frame's theme would be the original frame having lost it's operator, and as a last ditch effort to stop the frame from going feral and rampaging, the Orokin used Transference to connect a Cephalon as the frame's new pilot.

Being a natural heavy multi-tasker as a Cephalon, it opted to use additional cephalon-esque sentinels as an extension of it's own will, allowing for it to multi-task in the field.

Idles would be very calm and observant, with moments of the frame literally scanning it's weapons with the off hand.

I would like to suggest an Arbiter's of Hexis themed frame, Searching to bring truth and enlighenment in a sea of space chaos, A warframe that is more than simply a warrior but an inspiration (I played lord of the rings online when younger, And the captain class in that game was something I enjoyed greatly, It was powerful on its own, But it really shined in groups bringing both offensive and defensive buffs to its party). It could perhaps have abilities that offer synergies, And battlefield control. 

Status based Support frame (paladin/knight design)

passive- On status negation of any kind (arcane/ability/Negate mod) gain health regen and armour buff  + 25% to negate status

1. aoe blast from frame small damage and refresh/add stack of status on enemy also heal ally (maybe blast procs for low accuracy)

2. status chance buff for any near by frames and any status chance that that would be on ally is redirected to this frame + 50% chance to negate status on frame

3. some sort of blessing or protection on an ally, damage is redirected and reduced to this frame + buff for ally

4. sword and shield exalted weapon    on passive trigger (status negate) proc aoe blind from shield, on melee finisher sword gains a damage buff, high blocking angle,

Weapons are status focused

2 handed sword  innate status overload 

heavy crossbow high damage

K so a Frame that is the Star of the Show. They would be highly egocentric and benefit from getting any attention (enemy aggro, player interaction). They would behave and have their abilities based on showing how great they are so maybe high risk/high reward/glass cannon abilities. Basically a lazy, royal princess Frame.

So I really like the concept art for this topic so I'm thinking something thats not entirely corporal and how the arms would would be sort of mist like tendrils, giving it a wreath/venom look. It's build would be similar to Atlas but with the mist and such so that you can still see a shape of a body but it would definitely give it a much more deadly and ominous vibe

Finally get to drop this idea down, I'd been hoping I'd get the opportunity! 

Anyways I've always loved the idea of a set of twin warframes, based around the themes of fortune and misfortune, the balance that exists between the two and how while one frame can formidable alone, together they are a force to be reckoned with.

Both would have the same passive ability, but with wildly different effects. While the fortune warframe would grant temporary, random buffs to enemy and ally alike within a certain radius of it the misfortune warframe would grant temporary, random debuffs to enemies and allies within that same radius. Reinforcing the theme of formidable alone, but at their greatest when together. This and the balance theme could be reflected by how their passives interact, alone any subsequent buffs/debuffs would remain random, but together those subsequent buffs/debuffs would have a higher probability of being given to an ally/enemy already under the effects of a previous buff/debuff. 

As for actual abilities I'd mostly to leave that to the dev's. Perhaps each frames number1-3 abilities could be how each frames passive affects the frame itself, i.e one the affects primary, secondary and melee combat and their number 4 could be one that affects how the passive affects enemies/allies of the range at which it does? 

Just my thoughts on what would make a cool warframe(s).

I would like to see a quadrupedal warframe for once. It could be a wolf, but a robot wolf, with guns strapped to it's back, because it doesn't have arms. It could possibly summon smaller minion robot wolves by howling. A quadrupedal warframe would add some interesting variety to the current line-up of warframes, as well as giving your animators a different kind of challenge.

How about a frame based on tarot cards? You'd draw a random card and depending on which one you'd be able to use different attacks or effects. For example, The Tower let's you see enemies through walls, or The Chariot boosts movement speed.

Archived