Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

A frame that represents Lovecraftian horror, that there is a force that we can never understand and never stop, but practically it is Dark Matter/Energy, which is somewhat Lovecraftian in itself.

How about an amalgamated type warframe?

P:Adapt to damage[Damage resistance stacks up to 90%]

Lasts for 10 sec,15 when maxed/Absorb/1st:Absorbs enemy taking their strengths and weakness Mods:Strength/Duration/Range

Lasts for 8 seconds,16 when maxed/Projector/2nd:Projects traits of one enemy to another Mods:Strength/Duration/range,uses 1st ablity 

Lasts for 15 seconds,30 when maxed/Hindering Aura/3rd:Makes an aura of enemy weakness around the frame,Eg:Abosorb heavy gunner,use 3rd,corrosive/Viral aura appears,Mods:Strength/Duration/Range,Needs 1st ability to work

Dismantle/4th:Temporally wipes all enemy resistances and amplifies weakness,Mods:Strengths/Duration/Range

Armor:300/Max:400

Energy:200/Max:450

Health:600/Max:1,800 

Shields:50/Max:150

Sprint speed:1.00/Max:1.05

Name:Anathema

Pronunciation:An-ant-Theme-ea

Arms:Garas hands and arms protrusions on elbows/Claw hands 

Legs:Revenant leg types,protrusions on kneecaps

Torso:Chromas torso,chest engravings 

Feet:Bladed feet

Head:Resembles ancient disruptor

I'll just....keep it simple. 

Name: Oxy

Theme(s): Ronin, Bubbles 

Nickname: The Bubble Caster

Main Focus: Crowd Dispersion and Control; She uses Foam, Soap and Bubbles in general to transform herself and the battlefield to her advantage. (Ability #1 is Foam, Ability #2 is Bubbles, Ability #3 is Soap and Ability #4 is a Transformation ability that uses Bubbles. I won't put info for them, since this is just theme. Just wanted to say what is what ahead of time though)

Another water based frame who may seem ninja-like. Although Ash is already a Ninja, went with the theme of Ronin for plot reasons. 

Also, I don't have an image for her, cause....I never really thought about how she'd look. Heh. XD

Anyways, she's the main frame in an update idea, Tower of Hela, which unfortunately I don't plan on posting here. At this point however? Use her for whatever is next. Idk. I honestly doubt at this point she'll get a chance, but time will tell, and I won't judge at all. Whatever happens, happens, and that's all there is.

Good luck to all, and have fun. ^^

Sariel... The Universe Archangel is an ancient frame lost long ago to the Void, corrupting the frame's original energy and form. The frame will primarily look like corrupted enemies from the Void. The frame abilities will use void damage and amplify he/his squads damage.

Passive Ability: Frequent loss of ability will cause damage to everyone, even allies of warframes and yourself.
First ability: Gives endless grip, does not lead to a passive effect
Second ability: When activated for 5 seconds and any effect or status will be imposed on any target, its duration will increase
Third Ability: Returns the character to the same position he was 1 \ 2 \ 3 \ 4 seconds ago with all effects and partially energy. But after 6 \ 7 \ 8 \ 9 seconds it causes significant damage, due to its passive ability
Fourth ability: Stop time.
Absolutely everyone stops except for this warframe for a short period of time, during which no one receives damage except Warframe for any action in stopping time

I do not know what to say in the end. I will only say that I do not understand warframes and English

You can create a warframe as a invoker from Dota, 1 ability - for example, damage buff, 2 - armor, 3 - hp, can simultaneously hang up to 3 buffs, ult: a long press on the button creates a combination, pressing the button uses a combination. For example, you can choose a combination, like Mendachord Octavia, and, for example, buffs, so that each player can create a warframe for himself.

54 minutes ago, Wymsic said:

Slag

A molten metal based warframe.

Where as Ember is just fire based, this guy is based around liquified metal and/or blacksmithing themes.

THIS! THIS WOULD BE AWESOME! Having an AOE DOT ability. And an exalted weapon that's a hammer. OH YES!

I've been thinking maybe we could get an angelic warframe? Since the orokin were very beautiful and their whole appearance was considered divine maybe we could get a similar warframe wich was designed specially to look like them and have some buffs or something to bolster his allies but also some sort of "heavens wrath" type of abillities. And the animations and gestures should be like those clasic paintings and be very similar to how ballas and the other orokin react and cast their abillities. And make the frame seem radiant or superior in its appearance and abillities like make him seem like he doesnt put much effort in his abillities again much like ballas. And maybe give him a single handed sword or something like that. Make him look like a greek statue or something like that kinda like dio or giorno since dio literally means god in italian. Some angelic/golden void frame that makes jojo poses i think would be extremely cool and maybe add him with a quest or something. It could be a her or anything you like but i normally had in mind something like dio. Hope you consider this! 

I looked at previous replies and heavens wrath is taken i didnt mean to steal but you get the point. Make the frame a bit deeper than regular angels in videogames you get the point

I was thinking of a Warframe that looks like it’s wearing a Gi. A super natural karate based frame with the helmet looking like it has hair, or bald like a monk, but infested hair of course arms a lil buff because... karatay or not because it may be a girl, and feet? Shoes or no looking shoes, up to you guys of course can’t wait for the ability phase I have much to share, can’t think of a name though. Agile animation? Looks like it’s ready to kick some butt with one hand up and the other hand clutches back. Noble animation? Relax with a calm fighting pose, one hand down and the other hand up sporting a hand sign or sticking straight out. 

What about an insect warframe? He or she would have insect wings on their back and an insect like face and antenna. He or she could come from the forest or underground hive. Titania came from the forests of earth and is a fairy, so what about this insect warframe coming from an underground hive on Mars that the Grineer excavated and captured.

Abilities could range from distracting enemies with swarms of insects that damage the enemies over time, flying or shrinking, exoskeleton armor, tying enemies down with spider thread, insect sting or spider bite poison, throwing stingers, pollination/ self or ally buff, etc.

A Centaur themed frame, possibly with a quadrupedal design since we've never seen a frame like that before. He/she would revolve around crippling foes by making the terrain hostile towards them with bramble patches to slow and hurt enemies, restoring allies HP/Shields depending on the light level, and if it is quadrupedal, a charge would be cool. Their abilities would all have varied effects depending on the light level it was cast in, so for instance:

• The bramble would slow the enemies more if cast in brighter areas, but deal more DPS in darker areas.
  • Restore more HP in brighter areas, restore more shields in darker areas.
  • Charge further in brighter areas, deal more damage/knock back in darker area.

These abilities would all have a neutral state for neutral lighting. For example the bramble would induce a 10% slowing effect and deal 50 puncture/sec. If cast in bright light it would induce a 20% slow but only 40 puncture/sec. The buff to one aspect of it will be greater than the reduction to the other as to not render one aspect useless. 

Obviously these abilities are just ideas to explain the light level concept, but I personally thing they would be cool. The frame would definitely be a challenge since we  would have a quadrupedal doing parkour with a  system designed with bi-pedal frames in mind. 

4 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Community-Created-Warframe-Header-alt-blue.jpg

We’re calling upon the Warframe community to create the next Warframe! You can stay up-to-date on the design phases in the official Community-Designed Warframe thread.

The theme is the foundation of every Warframe’s design. Over the years, we have seen countless fantastic ideas in the Fan Concepts subforum and across the Internet. That creativity is what we’ll need to breathe life into this Warframe! Share with us a Warframe theme you’d like to see inspire the next design.

How to submit:

In this thread, share a description of a Warframe theme that you would like to see in-game!

We aren’t considering Abilities during this design phase. First, it’s all about a strong theme! Expound your idea and make it the best it can be.

Guidelines:

• One submission per player.
  • Theme can’t be changed after it is submitted. You may edit your post to make small changes like fixing typos. "Reason for edit" will be reviewed.
  • If there are duplicate theme submissions, only the one that was first posted will be considered - we’ll be watching!
  • Theme idea must be original. Your submission can be from a post you made elsewhere as long as it’s your own!
  • Details like back stories might be altered by the Dev Team as needed to ensure consistency with Warframe’s overall design.
  • Concept art can be included in submissions but will not be considered in the final design or when selecting the final theme.
  • Do not reserve spots in this thread.
  • Only post submissions in this thread.
  • Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
  • Chosen submission becomes property of Digital Extremes.

We understand that we can’t avoid duplicate Warframe theme submissions, so please do your best to submit a theme that has yet to be presented, and we’ll do our best when sorting through to ensure there is a fair opportunity for all!

Selecting the Final Theme:

Call for submissions will close on Thursday, March 19 at 1:00pm ET.

After reviewing all theme submissions, the Warframe Team will choose a Top 10 to present to the Design Council!

The Design Council will then vote to determine the winning Warframe theme. Design Council voting will begin on Friday, March 20 at 1:00PM ET and run until Thursday, March 26 at 1:00PM ET.

After the Theme is Chosen:

Community artist, Eornheit will create the Warframe’s official design based on the chosen theme! Once the design is complete, we will make an open call to the community once again to design the Warframe’s Abilities. Follow each phase here!

The community-created Warframe’s name and final design will be revealed on Saturday, July 11th during the TennoCon 2020 Live Stream!

ALL PLAYERS FROM EACH PLATFORM CAN PARTICIPATE

Let us hear your Warframe ideas, Tenno!

This is awesome.  Now  I have an idea for a frame or at least set of frames and it would be amazing. 

Imagine God warframes. Here is the story

Balos declares war on the tenno way after the fall of the lotus. It is up to you to find the forge of balos and create a new warframe that resembles gods.

I'd say make these warframe super tall, at least the tallest in the game. Decently bulky with beautiful shimmering armor.

The difference tho is these frames have 2 passives, 5 abilities where the 5th ability  you charge in battle plus requires lots of energy ( so it doesn't  feel broken) and this ability cycles different procs in a huge destruction  like move 

So example  maybe you use it and it applies 40k void damage and 38k toxin. It's designed to feel powerful  but cost a pretty penny to build.

Now it can reach lvl 40 with max forma and coupled with a reactor it can hit a max base mod capacity of 125. Also this frame  has an extra 2 mod slots. So you can make  some crazy combos. It would  have to have it's own god mods like the other frames ( like elemental ward) and have a high cost like umbra ( to justify the high capacity) I'd do it so some mods help skills or situational mods specifically for the warframe.

Like - once the godframe goes below 10% health, they channel the surrounding energies, and sacrifice its shield  and energy to cast a wave of destructive energy that does 100k blast dmg in a 100m radius.

I think having a few frames like this would be a new change in things, and maybe potentially how you do the story you could  do other god frames so like

Godframe wukong would  summon 4-6 clones instead  of 1 clone. Greatly enhancing regular frames.

I kno some would  feel if this was added it would break the game, why use anything  else when you can just use this. Well if done correctly it would work. Maybe instead of an actual  frame it's just another operator ability, once charged from battle you can summon this frame for 10 mins, that is still fair. 

I just think if warframe took a little bit more from mmos then with what it already has it would be amazing.

Personally I'd lock it to MR 15+ so it encourages you to stay in the game and get this as it would be endgame material.

A beautiful linear story, new locations, godframe, maybe a huge boss fight at the end where you directly fight bells and its 6 man. 

New frames are fine but gods already exist, sentients  exist. So why not add to the lore and add a god frame to the game , I'd like to see others feedback on this. if I could draw I would.i feel tho that this could work 

The Warframe concept that I've been thinking about for a while now is a balance and equalization based frame. Unlike frames like Limbo, Equinox, or Revenant this isn't about controlling a specific duality between opposing concepts, (night and day, void and non-void, Sentient and Warframe); this frame is most akin to the idea of Chroma, in that he is a master of multiple things in one category (elements). This balance frame, I call him Zen, is more about taking the imbalances in the world and equalizing them. Like how Chroma is a master of the elements, Zen is more a master of life and energy forces.

Zen focuses on the duality of the battlefield, controlling the energy flow of combat to his advantage. This referring to lost and gained health, energy, and shields from both friend and foe. The best part is that the idea is versatile. Want him to be a tank? Focus on self protection. Want a new support? Make Zen shift the balance of the battlefield to buff and/or heal his team. Want a Damage Dealer? Zen can channel the energy of a conflict to destroy his enemies while buffing himself.

The theme is meant to be a "he can do X, but needs to deal with Y" sort of frame. To differentiate from Harrow, its not about sacrifice for greater rewards, its about using buffs while working around a potentially detrimental rule. Harrow is a cultist that sacrifices himself for power, Zen is a frame that has tapped into the laws of reality and learned to balance between safety and power. Another way to see it is this: Zen, the corrupted mod of warframes.

Finally, thank you for taking the time to read the result of my idle daydreaming.

Archived