Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

The "Heavy Tank/DPS Gunner" theme.

Frame that can switch forms based on his resources.
Shields for fast-paced combat with agile enemies.
Armor for prolonged fights with hard-hitting foes.

Switch between heavy guns (turret type maybe?) and sort of light rocket launcher with guided missiles.

Energy management will be like juggling between those 2 forms (being in heavy form will recharge fast energy form and vice versa).

Just thinking outloud though...

How about a warframe thats a commander/puppiteer who lacks the armor and health to fight enemies one on one but makes up for thay with autonimous puppet soldiers who uiu can give commands to. Also can give squad wide buffs like attack up or energy increase those these buffs would be minimal as a bonus.

For artstyle you could maybe do either stark military theming for the commander type style kr make it more witchdoctor style if you want to tap into the whole witch doctor puppet soldiers style. Idk been waitjnh for a summkner frame for a while

A more mechanical (Corpus?) themed Warframe is what comes to mind when I think of a design, possibly one with a little shoulder mounted turret(s) as a possible ability (Crowd Control)? Not much to go off of but I feel like it would be an interesting concept.

A Warframe based around the idea of transforming.  It could transform into different animals or enemies based on the location there are at.  They could also change size.  While transformed they can't use weapons only have what they transformed into has.  Changing size also gives them special attacks.

I think it should be some sort of midget warframe.
We've got Grendel, the fat warframe, now we need a smol warframe. 

And I mean, there aren't really any short warframes right now.

Perhaps his abilities can be based on changing the size of things.
What I would imagine to be his ultimate would be just him growing to a giant size and smashing things with his fists

How about a puppeteer Warframe that can control enemies as a puppet. You could then play as the enemy and maybe give them buffs/new abilities as you fight.

I have no ideas for a backstory/lore but I’d love a puppeteer frame in-game. Maybe it could fight with an exalted marionette control bar?

perhaps a ghost or lich based one in the sense of going through walls bullets passing through able to take possession of enemies and have telekinesis to basically force push enemies away or drain the life from them with a health steal capabilities. The design could be something along the lines like a ghost wearing a suit of armor but the spirit is visible just seeping out like mist or smoke. Invisibility perhaps mixed with the ability to pass through solid objects could be helpful and make it drained based similar to ivara’s prowl ability so that way players can just toggle it on and off again if need be. Second ability could be the possession skill where you’re able to teleport (more or less) into an enemies body and move and walk around without anyone noticing (Most of the time) causing damage over time as you’re spirit is corroding they body away but it allows you to use enemies as a shield taking half damage if enemies realize you’re in there pals body this one probably should have a time limit as to keep it somewhat balanced. Third ability can be something similar to where you enforce your armor with the spirit and drain the life from enemies around you creating a whirlwind of mist (visual effect) enemies damaging you get increased damage by the effect and I’m thinking the damage type could stick to corrosive or perhaps toxin based this can be based off energy drain again allowing players the ability to toggle it on and off. For a fourth ability I honestly am not sure as this frame just from the ideas in my head isn’t so much a direct damage dealer more like a shadow in the wind capable of causing chaos amongst enemy ranks so maybe something like mass hysteria where enemies will attack each other and ignore the player for a time (enemies will have to be in a certain radius from you to give this effect) with the added bonus of giving extra loot, health, or energy orbs. As a passive skill perhaps something along the lines of being able to bypass traps or being able to adapt to damage by a small percentage over time. 

health would honestly be somewhat low as I imagine an almost skeletal ghostly figure almost like a visage of a grim reaper almost ragged looking so I’d say probably 150 health to begin with and at max rank maybe 400 at max 

shields would actually be higher starting at 250 ending somewhere along the lines of 500 maybe as they’d be mostly energy based a spirit wearing armor 

in that same vein the armor would probably be up there but not as high as inaros or anything like that but still higher than most 

as for a name maybe Wraith, or legion, etc 

sorry for the long post 😅

While I understand that we have Water in Hydroid and Ice in frost, we have no direct equivalent to Ember on the other side of the spectrum.

So my idea is to create a warframe based on lava and magma. The super heated rock puddle jumper, let me explain. Many of the warframes seem to have been themed off of semblance of myth, and legends. Now I'm not saying make a straight up demon frame. But I'm sure there is some God or Goddess from antiquity you can think up that emphasis the point of flowing magma, movement, and potentially tanking through damage or being extremely fast. One of his abilities could be similar to a pyroclastic flow. Where he rushes across the map creating devastation in his wake. The point is to be and unstoppable wall of destruction that cannot be avoided. And this could also be used alternatively as something to move across the map with great speed. Another one could be an eruption, where the frame causes the ground to split open releasing noxious gases, creative corrosive procs and potentially melting his enemies molten rock. And of course a warframe isn't complete without some kind of buffing ability, so why not a molten armor. The armor not only acts as a shield but also as a countermeasure to status procs as well. With the potential of being passed on to squad mates. With his last ability being tantamount to unleashing a volcano on the map. That can destroy everything within its range, which is the range of the warframe.

Hell, maybe even call him something based on the greek god Hephaestus. Who was the god of the forge, fire, and volcanoes. 

Arachne

Careful Tenno, because this frame feeds on the fears of those around her and uses it against them.

Passive 1: Fear

• Each kill will trigger an aura around you that'll weaken nearby enemies defenses (Has a Stack Limit). Mercy Finishers will reward you with a temporary life-steal buff.

Passive 2: Wall-Crawler

• Gain the ability to stick to the surface of any wall (or ceiling) and view the world from a different perspective.
    • Double Jump towards a surface to stick and again to deactivate

Ability 1: Tangled Web

• Press:
    • Aimed at an enemy will root and silence them in place. Duration depends on enemy strength level and does not work on Bosses.
    • Aimed at a surface will create a temporary Dashwire similar to Ivara, but with a time limit before melting.
  • Hold:
    • Release a giant net of webbing that can temporarily slow down enemies overall (Melee, Mobility, Fire-rate, and Projectile) that come into contact with it.

Ability 2: Predator

• Gain the ability to sense nearby heat sources (Does not work through walls), while also being invisible. Getting too close to an enemy or firing a non-silenced weapon will cancel you out of the ability.

Ability 3: Prey

• Mark an enemy for death. Once slain, the target will trigger an AoE of Minor Healing and Temporary Attack Boost.

Ability 4: The Hive

• Summon forth a swarm of Spiders that will attack nearby enemies for a certain amount of time before crawling back into the shadows.
    • Slain Spider Corpses will become a temporary interactive consumable for any player to gain one of three Weapon Buffs (Viral, Corrosive, or Radiation). Does not stack and buff will last half of the overall ability duration.

Firepower Warframe.

Type: Offensive DPS Projectile "Glass Cannon Type"

Name:  Machina

Pet Names: "The Stonk man" and "Mr. More Dakka"

Rough Backstory: Initially, producing the svelte, elegant forms of the first frames such as Excalibur and Nyx took too long to address the Sentient attacks. Despite the objections of the Orokin rulers, function would have to trump form until the warframe creation process was more refined. The warframe Machina was produced in limited quantities to slow the approaching Sentients and rampant Infestation. Machina was produced quickly and cheaply but was designed to inflict as much damage of as many types (slash, puncture, impact, etc.) as fast as possible in order to try and counter the immunity developed by Sentients, without regard for the frame's own safety, until adequate numbers of the "proper" warframes were available. Regardless of the promise showed by Machina after several months of combat, Orokin rulers blinded by their arrogance and lust toward outward beauty ordered the production of Machina halted once the more aesthetically pleasing forms of warframes such as Ember, Ash, and Volt were common sights on the battlefield. As the war progressed, Machina frames became rarer and rarer sights.

How It Plays: The phrase "fire all the guns" applies. Machina isn't chosen for speed running levels, buffing teammates, or representing an element in the natural world. Machina is firepower incarnate. Bullets, missiles, and the sheer dominance achieved through an overwhelming saturation of these projectiles are his calling card. If you need something shot a bunch... a whole lot... like an irresponsible amount that can only be described as overkill, then Machina is the Frame to use.

Rough Ability Ideas: First ability is a left arm flechette rapid fire autocannon (slash damage). Second ability is twin shoulder missile packs (impact). Third ability is pile driver on left underarm for emergency close range (puncture). Fourth ability is back mounted heavy cannon to fire one massive rail gun shot (elemental?). The abilities listed are more to get an idea for how the frame would carry so much varied firepower, on top of the standard loadout of three weapons, into a battle.

Here's hoping somebody likes this idea. We have so many uber-magic ninjas, I felt like a good old mecha style option would balance things out but also fit in the overall theme.

Also, if he gets chosen can we please get a belt fed primary weapon?  There are none in the game so far. Pretty please?

9 minutes ago, (PS4)debbiedowdyb said:

How about a mummy themed warframe? Changeable colors for his layers of their wraping. Also have a unique head dressing where we're able to colorize those layers, it would totally be great fun & creativity will go through the roof.

Inaros already has the sand/Pharaoh theme. 

Ikioi

First of all, I would like to apologize for my poor English. We, the players, over the entire existence of this project saw a lot of frames with different abilities and styles, but we know little about themselves and their fate. We also do not know anything about those volunteers who, in various ways, came to be infected with technocyte.
 Synergy with Warframe is what makes a player understand the character, behavior, habits, and thoughts of one who has become an instrument. A synergy scale that synchronizes with the actions, deeds and behavior of the player and his warframe.

Adaptation increases with the level of synergy.

Could you imagine that the warframe, after you crafted it at the forge, does not obey you ?!

Your actions are not synchronized, the behavior of the warframe is spontaneous, and because of this, at any time, the synchronization and rejection of the operator by the warframe occurs at any time. However, as synergy grows, there is an understanding of the individuality of the warframe by the player, who he is. As a result, there is a symbiosis of parts depending on the chosen tactics, equipped weapons, and also can change: frame skills, its appearance and even combo skills that will reveal your joint potential. And most importantly, the rejection aspect: when your actions violate the doctrines and dogmas of the warframe, you can lose not only synergy during the adaptation period, but also nurture a completely uncontrolled warframe, which will try to get rid of the operator and even try to kill him, whenever possible any situation. Then you will have to go through quests that will make you understand the warframe itself, like a whisper of lychees.

Your choice always has consequences.

Here is an idea that has buzzed my head ever since I got into warframe what feels like 5 years ago, a gravity based warframe. One that can increase their mass, and the affect it has in the environment, and decrease it just the same. And I imagined him being on a ship extremely close to the sun, and having the mission of using its gravity manipulation effects to keep the sun intact, and in control of the orokin, which I think is a great way to introduce the frame in a lore friendly way. Also who wouldn't like a frame that can crash ships by forcing them into orbit or lift buildings by making them as light as a feather? I feel like gravity is such an after thought in terms of powers. We have a rift frame, electricity, fire, water, and even anti-matter. Why not give gravity a voice? It would also be a way to utilize the sun instead of it being a nice and shiny spot in the star map. 

My concept is a "Void" themed warframe, not only the elemental type and place in Warframe, but also the philosophical concept. A warframe that utilizes void energies directly to both afflict and negate. It would also be the first warframe that may deal void type damage (and thus negate sentient resistances).

The alchemist frame Philosopher, makes use of the secondary elements to alter the battlefield and destroy any enemy in his way, with his signature sidearm, the Shplat, with no base damage, but still has true damage for added elements, and a unique status, known as conducting, effect that make enemies more susceptible to the other status effects, and has increased status chance in his hands

A Warframe designed by the Sentients, used in the Old War. A potential backstory could be that before they sent Natah to infiltrate the Orokin ranks, they first tried to infiltrate the Tenno with this frame; however, it was eventually discovered and repurposed to be controlled by an Operator.

Also, I know you're not looking for abilities, but it would be cool if when you're in kid mode, this frame kept running around like Excalibur Umbra

I would love to see another follower based frame. I would call the frame Misfit. 1st abilitie would buff followers including allies followers. 2nd ability would be summon health follower that runs around healing and teams up with second healing follower when summoned. 3rd ability would summon a damage follower who will team up with a second damage follower when summoned. 4th ability would clone all of the frame's followers and increase movement speed and fire rate. Passive gains movement speed and fire rate for every follower on team

Archived