Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

I would like a build your our custom warframe using the parts of existing warframes, 

Something like if you use Nova blueprint you get Nova's passive and her 4 (Molecular prime)

Use Chroma chassis and you get his 3 (Vex Armor)

Use Rhino systems and you get his 2 (Iron Skin)

Use Saryn neuroptics and get her 1 (Spores)

This would add so much more replay value if there was a near endless combination of playable frames. 

I like many of the frames but always feel like there is a skill or two that don't work well with their over all kit and would be nice to have the ability to swap it out for a skill i would use. 

This would add more to the game than any single frame ever would.

A Dog or Houndlord Frame. 

We have Khora, but we really need a Kubrowlord of sorts. 

Name: Drexx [w/ Fenryr] (placeholder)  

He could have been kept by the Grineer for many years, held back, trained, beaten and thought to be lost to other Tenno. Until he decides to use his abilities to break free against his captors - those who imprisoned him for all those years. He could be a former friend of Khora lorewise. Unsure about this really. 

Abilities: 

Passive: While in combat, overall health is increased by 15% and hound has increased attack speed by 5%.

(1) Arm Chaingun - Like Hildryn's balefire, it is instead a chain gun that pops out of a mechanical part on his arm. (Uses slash and impact when modded.) 

(2) Blood Feast / Recharge / Honorguard -  Commands his loyal hound to either attack viciously, recharge shields and health for him and all allies within a certain range for a certain percentage or just to standby and guard. [Toggle ability like Vauban's traps] 

(3) Sit Down - Leashes enemies to a certain location and inflicts them fire damage. 

(4) Hounds of War - Causes ghost images of your loyal hound to split and attack enemies for ## duration. (able to be increased with duration mods but only to a certain extent)

Hope you enjoy this idea and is taken into consideration. Thanks for the opportunity DE. 

1 hour ago, Odivallus said:

A warframe centered around the Moon. We already have one that uses the sun, and represents the duality between the sun and moon. Complete the trifecta. They could have been the original guardian of the Lunar Resevoir. Perhaps stationed there by the Lotus, then forgot about? Lotus forgot about a lot of things involving the old war.

Like a werewolf frame  that's able to transform

Concept: A spider-like warframe with four or more legs designed around the new verticality being introduced with the tileset redesigns, namely the Corpus Gas City, Ship rework, and etc. While abilities aren't being considered, I do think it would be excellent to have this frame function by spinning web traps or ropes that friends can walk on or cling to and enemies get stuck to. The warframe would deal increased damage to every enemy webbed, and it'd be able to lay out "bait" traps on it's webs to lure enemies into it. Enemies wouldn't shoot the bait normally, but would try to take it, so it could be some sort of hallucinogenic. The frame could also be invisible while not moving on webs, which would be disrupted by moving or shooting.

Gameplay Issues: While I think a frame like this would be really cool, it'd have obvious flaws if done with the methods I proposed above; namely that it incentivizes slower gameplay, which Warframe isn't really used to, however I feel like it could be an incredibly competent frame at singling out and taking down major enemies, such as Sentients or mini-bosses. It'd struggle against hordes if it wasn't given any major clearing abilities, but I've already got a few ideas on how this could be done, namely with radial "poison bombs" that either deal toxin or viral damage across. I also feel like it having more than two legs will definitely cause problems with major animations, but I feel like this can be somewhat solved by having the legs "split" open into two sets while moving, but when standing or using other items, the legs could fold closed.

Style: I'm thinking something like the extremely formal, deadly businesswoman style. When standing or walking, the frame would stand tall with an animation set that exemplifies this, she is extremely formal, with her held together at her front, back straight and the ruthless glare of a something staring down prey. Arms would be longer and thinner than other frames, and her body would be fairly similar. Think something like a Black Widow spider. I'm thinking of a design similar to Wisp, except she stands on her legs, can split into a death spider/hunter thing, and can send anyone with arachnophobia screaming.

Backstory: Going with the theme of Ivara's Leverian, this frame could've been developed as a dedicated hunter for failures. Loyal to the Orokin, she hunted those few Warframes that failed and escaped destruction, punishing the Tenno who were disloyal, and destroying everything that stood in the way of her masters with a ruthlessness unparalleled. She'd be an excellent antagonistic lone-wolf to Grendel and Gauss' friendship dynamic.

Personal Note: I think this design would be an excellent challenge, both in functionality and design, for the Warframe team and I'd love to see it be taken up. Once a framework is established for frames that do have multiple legs, I feel like it'd open up a lot more design options than the standard bipedal frames we've had for years and start to take us farther into the more abstract, desperate genetic modifications the Orokin we know and love are know for.

You know what, we have a Super Nova warframe. Let's take this a step Beyond.

I Want A Walking Blackhole Warframe!

Ability 1: Push and Pull/ gravity based draw and fling

Ability 2: Distortion/ percentile damage mitigation and damage aura, draws in extra items rarely.

Ability 3: Gravity/ radial movement speed decrease centered on you

Ability 4: Event Horizon/ Radial draw everything effect, deals Impact damage based on how many Items/Enemies/Resources are drawn.

An orokin golemn type frame. A bit of history could be that he was basically a brute in the battlefield and was the orokins last hope but then he disappeared and was never seen again, until now when he is willing to stand up against the sentient threat in memory of all the fallen orokin. He would be a big chunky frame that is physically bigger than other frames (a point of difference) and has a tail, orokin type styling and massive overall tankiness.

I'm thinking a possession-based Warframe with a ghostly-like would be really neat!

Of course it's up to the community to design the kit, but the theme itself would be based around characters from other games and MOBAs (a lot like other Warframe features). Think about a character that can jump and ride on others while shooting off abilities while the ally they're riding on runs around the map. Expand that into a function where that character can also jump on enemies and maybe even control them.

We have butterfly with titania(fly like a buttefly) how about a bumble bee or wasp warframe, with an Exalted lance(sting like a bee), counter part. Controls a swarm, to say attack or protect, maybe an emplacement or built into the frame that is a hive, to act a part of a kit or resource. A queen bee, could look more regal or lean into the insectoid traits. Could have an interaction or passive regarding the plant life that is in the game. Could do pollination or honey, to work into the kit, to interact with the swarm, greater effect on pollinated or honey covered enemies or maybe if picked up like tributes. And can leverage into saving the bees message.

Had an idea awhile ago for an alchemist with a very asymmetric, crude, biological junkyard aesthetic; tattered and stained cloth hood, armor bits that are deteriorated and full of dents and blemishes, and is more focused on filling a support role. Maybe an exalted chemical sprayer in her arm that could shoot streams of goop that leave clouds of gas which heal allies and harm enemies. Injecting a concoction that deals DoT and causes slain enemies to burst, leaving globs of biomatter behind that infect those nearby. Less elegant stuff like that. 😛

And always liked the idea of having more pets, so if enough globs from her skill(s) coalesce, they form a sentient blob that basically behaves like an infested runner or leaper. And they'd be fairly low damage, with more reliance on status procs and, like slimes from traditional rpg's, be incredibly tanky. Maybe corpses could be exploited to increase their effectiveness, or allow more blobs to be active at once, with the extras having decay like Nekros' shadows.

And not sure if it'd fit the theme, but also like the idea of tossing your equipped primary or secondary (covered in goop) and having it stick to whatever surface it hits, converting into a turret. :3

A tree/wood based Warframe, with the most important part: CARGO PANTS

pic is a quick sketch on the back of a receipt :D (sorry im not an much of a sketch artist)

envisioned as a wooden, tough, shirtless old man/redneck/farmer kind of guy, hence the "beard"

nGn0V_0q-OaaxD-ruVQNWaHC1_HpsyYGM_7_YqRPFoIg4vm6g3Qpk7NK-sxS6F-sK7N7IRXQwrVisb3JsdF7gAOaZL9MFvFQrE0WoKYZJsv9qe5ItfCbiXSo2bdYLhsHXm7JnESZj3RBMCz3F2GfW4vDEhlDGZMo5VshqJPqGr4cDj7vox5eKT0DBfy1h8v_pXO0e1Q4BgjP80E6HUdQdMqUjhGcB6Sidl-3J6L4kfJzEV7QoRfPAPAcFXES2ZArHTANXHratoPTjytKzIG60NibSSJX1JiRETnLSVILJHnAIBQjpSup8scNzgBqAYwD7_R9aJZDYG9tRs5dS_DMwR63CmTPrGpu7uUjzgSQtjjczp8AO32rZilEh8GO8qxMtvq-tIpoAtDiJCb-Yk4o-6cCOhAtM7Dxby13G2zMa8gD8i9kDyIOJanShAJZhXJeeIW7YIE68zs2lxWyYXmGXxwngsWFMe8ZVJS8mmNd5X_oingemj5R_N8TiMx33Z64rG_qCrJ2egRSf4E5UJ5I8KJhDsxy7pml5Fc43Y8Lfy9qXhaN2LO7njVKb_jyj2cMRA1WHXVqIatR9jmYCjPifbCWv52BWTucmQ_hNM3qXtu-XPdscL_lYlimK1NO9OpivHwaYS8NFij1HRDyBf4GqkUZ4iUQRQOPiVKwGfuOMUnA04aBN9fN0w=w469-h625-no

please not the mess on his face is supposed to be a short beard

I would love to see a angelic themed warframe with powerful abilities based on the power of the light.

It would be very cool with a exalted weapong like a divine spear of light or even a shield and sword.

Beautiful wings, mechanized or not is something we don't have yet.

(Impossible to get the author of this image but I think it's a official artwork of Diablo III so, Blizzard have to be credited I guess)

b72009af45a1670a0b3dec3f84405cfc.jpg

Simple 5 minute concept through paint with help from excal of a frame capable of deploying smoke grenades from a wrist mounted launcher with CC elements. Can use a infra-red vision of sorts to see through the smoke and to highlight enemies in general for the player and their teammates. Shoulder mounted rocket battery for killing enemies or dispersing the gas to spread it further, inflicting CC to more enemies. Mostly CC and damage oriented warframe.

VsMfNoN.png

A War Warframe. Complete with arm cannons and blades. Something similar to Rhino, but completely focused on offense rather than defence. It would fit Warfame's current theme with The New War stuff, so why not have a Warframe that is solely built for waging wars? A perfect killing machine..maybe a combination of Sentient and Orokin tech?

One word, DE : 
Clockwork

I'm thinking a helmet with a giant golden cog turning slowly through it, vertically. Like some uncanny steampunk crest.
Most warframes don't have eyes, but this takes it a step further by removing the place where the eyes would usually be.

Obviously the theme lends itself to steampunk in general, but it doesn't have to be limited to that - Warframe has enough of its own unique aesthetic to make it work differently.

The obvious ability set would be gadgets like Vauban, a tinkerer of sorts, but there are plenty of other thematically appropriate solutions. 

That's my 2 cents!

I feel like a mimic themed warfarme would be awesome, as well as very diverse in builds. Like what components you use to build said frame determines the abilities. So if you use a built ember sytems in mimics system bp, you get fireball ability. Same for the warframe bp, if you put a mesa bp in, youd get peacmaker, etc.

I do not know if somebody else has this idea.

But a "Rifleman" Theme warframe, focused on primary weapons!

Might not be as crazy as other themes, but we already have both melee and secondary themed warframes, and I always wanted a Rifleman Warframe

Okay! 

Name: Garuzea
Theme: Multi-arm Insect/Crustacean warframe with a focus on primary weapons.

Story:
Ah, Garuzea... the warframe reminiscent of an insect, or a crustacean, or both? She was discovered deep underwater in the Adriatic, inside an old Orokin research facility. Was she created there? Was she brought there? Or has she come seeking vengeance? Whatever the reason is, one thing is for sure: the Orokin have created Garuzea with the goal of going beyond humanoid shape's limits.

Artwork!

hpQ7NgC.png

Noxious Warframe. They would use poisons and gases to dispatch their enemies, as well as having heavy armor so they can walk the battlefield filled with poison and fallen foes. I would imagine their poisons would affect different parts of the enemy, for instance a noxious cloud of gas could choke out an enemy over time, a poison that blinds the enemy, that type of stuff.

Tank based one, not as in tanking damage. But as in big ass gun, or MLRS type weaponry. 

An ancient warframe handmade from pieces of destroyed ground vehicle from the battlefields. 

As I imagine it, it'd have an MLRS System on the back, a big ass gun on one of its arm. 

1st ability would be a standard explosive shell

2nd ability would be a special electrical shell, doing little to no damage to health but would be especially effective against shields

3rd ability, a smoke shell, creating a smoke screen to hide from ennemies

And finally the ultimate ability would be the MLRS system, targeting several targets before unleashing hell on them 

A warframe based on a bloodmage of sorts, but more to do with health. The theme would be that it draws power or "blood counters" from its own health or enemies slain. Then uses that power to fuel its abilities, which can be used for dmg/heals. The warframe (possible name Plasma) could bypass shields since it would only be targeting health. The amount of blood counters that the warframe has would determine how much damage it would deal with abilities. Considering that blood is normally depicted as red, it would work well as a Kuva-inspired/created frame so it would fit well within the lore of the game.

Archived