Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Philatus: The Greatest Master of Alchemy

From the ages around the great discovery of alchemy comes a warframe, one like none other. Post the, millennium old, medieval age of the origin system, the ideas to create an embodiment of alchemy was long thought, designed and executed with partial success. Following critical philosophical debates and emerging war of that time, the blueprints and ideas were locked behind a forgotten vault and those with its knowledge slaughtered; this Warframe was rediscovered by the archeological/excavation team in the earth ages ago.

We have a lot of melee-based frames, but not that many ranged-based ones.  Mesa is the one of the only frames to have powerful exalted ranged weapons (Ivara's bow has a slow fire rate with relatively low DPS capabilities and Titania requires transitioning to archwing mechanics).  The melee-based frames are easily able to deal massive amounts of damage, far more than most of the ranged frames (Mesa being the exception but only with certain builds).

I would like to see a ranged gunner themed frame that has something like an exalted machine gun or minigun to add some more diversity to the game.  In my opinion, it would be pretty awesome to pull out an exalted minigun and be able to mow down enemies instead of using another exalted melee.

A railgun Warframe, slow but with good power and explosive force. Unfortunately for him, a miscalculation caused his built up power to backfire and blew him up, similar to how the original Limbo was destroyed.

I've been wanting to see a Grineer-altered frame for a while, a counterpart to Valkyr. A sort of hybrid General Grievous with Grineer aesthetics due to tinkering with the original Tenno design. A 4-armed frame would make for quite the challenge, but I love the Grineer aesthetic & the potential to wield 4 swords or sidearms in each hand. And who better to act as the Grineer counterpart to Alad V than Dr. Tengus.

The mechanics seem like they might be a nightmare, but how about a spirit/ghost/specter type of frame that is useless on its own but takes over an enemy and you go rampage around as whatever you took over.

A sniper themed warframe with an exalted sentinel: The frame itself is benefited by using snipers or hitting targets from long range, and the sentinel can be commanded to mark and/or debuff enemies.

What about a ghoul frame? Here me out. It would fit the undead theme by having VERY low health (like maybe 100) and only health. Here is the catch, if you lose all your health and "die" you would wait a couple seconds before an animation (similar to a zombie coming out of a grave) would play and you get revived with maybe 75% max health?

I think having an undead frame could be really cool!

4 minutes ago, GryphonClaw said:

A winged Hussar-esque mounted rider.  Able to summon a mount to ride into battle with and lead the charge.

And when I play this frame I expect everybody to be blasting Sabaton Winged Hussars

Void (Name up for debate): A Space-themed Warframe

Abilities are directly related to the manipulation of space, be it from the usage of planar space or the plasma/void energy within space.

• Dislocate - Shifting the space around it can relocate enemies and/or allies to its advantage
  • Channel - Drawing directly from above atmosphere or from local space around it, it charges itself with energy to create a planar armor of sorts, eating bullets or providing a hard, invisible wall against fire
  • Channeled Release - Expels this energy in offensive manners, harnessing beams of raw void/plasma energy
  • Shatter - Breaking the very plane of space around it, causing vacuums and void leaks, drawing the enemy in and amping its own power

This is definitely open for debate, but thats what I've got.

Archived