Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Well...not sure if its good enough as a submission, but still...ill throw in in my best concept yet:

So theme: Witch Warframe based on psychology - preferably based on terry pratchet, so that one of his characters may live on in wf 😉

Also if this actually works, i could imagine many other wf's to be inspirerd by story characters...

An ice skater frame, it'd be really cool to see a frame that always skates. Figure skaters are generally powerful but dainty so it would be somewhat of a glass cannon kind of frame. I actually have a whole concept for this already designed. It would be cool to have another ice based frame.

So since we're talking about themes, as a person I am always in most fiction places very fascinated by the moon. Lua in particular as warframe goes was very much an interesting and mysterious place. So in short, a warframe that has the moon, in this particular situation Lua as their center point, inspiration could be found in  alot of places, from ancient mythology, like diana and artemis, to more modern things. In my mind I would imagine the warframe to be female, and play around in two sides, a dual nature between melee and ranged spell type attacks. One could play with themes of gravity, and the other with "moonlight". Following that theme her role could also be versatile, from a room destroyer, to a support, or even a tank. An exalted weapon wouldn't be out of the question either, a wide circular chakram perhaps that could be used either as melee or ranged? But yeah, very elegant, very cold, like a distant extremely talented ballet dancer that kills with grace and distinction. Her appearance could also incorporate the themes of Lua it self, white flesh embroidered by orokin outward structures, emulating the moon before it's crack happening, as for lore, she could had been a warframe used and left around Lua itself protecting or watching over the moon.  Her dual nature could also become part of her abilities, much like equinox's 1, switching her mode from melee, with wide slash arcs, to ranged, using the chakram or some other type of spellcasting to cast wide moonlight or gravity damage. I guess this covers it. 

10 minutes ago, TheUncalled said:

A slime based warframe that regains health by picking up blobs that are scattered when its damaged or uses abilities

EDIT: Found a wip document of the idea i had on this warframe type https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RSky75HA1GoQREKKBLwxAA3OEur4qGxGqKC0DAATEgM/edit

Always wanted a slime frame that would be able to proc literally every status in the game.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/780795-legion-the-army-of-one-warframe-concept-under-construction/

A Warframe concept that I made years ago but abandoned cuz of laziness and school.

The theme is Roman legionairre.

He used to be part of the glorious orokin legions which were ultimately destroyed (Would fit in with the New War if they were destroyed by the sentients now that I think about it).

As the lone survivor, he got caught in a void fissure and through void magic became sphess mahrin (read Warframe).

4 minutes ago, Sgt.Skullboy said:

Infested summoner, would be able to infest a room causing maggots to spawn and heal everyone in the room when they damage enemies. Would also able to place infested pods that slowly pump out infested allies. He would also be able to infect enemies and turn them into infested. 

so... basically Nidus?

I think a warframe that goes deeper into a void theme than Harrow.  Like a frame that has been changed by the void and has some similar aspects to the operators (like dealing void damage on at least 1 ability).  This could be a very Sentient killer frame

Id like to see a warframe themed around the Four Horseman of the apocalypse. I know it sounds edgy but how cool would it be to ride around on some badass orokin/direlect horse thing, or have a really cool exalted weapon themed around them. Make a cool warframe themed around combining the Four Horseman and call it something like "Revelation" since that is when theyre mentioned in the Bible (not too sure if thats too religious though, just thought itd be cool for trivia). Maybe he could have an ability to switch around his role between aiding allies and being a support, to general mobbing, potentially even changing the exalted weapon based on what mode you're in. Possibly similar to something like equinox just executed in a way to keep the both of them unique. 

Archived