Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

I think a 'life' or 'soul' warframe would be a nice addition. The warframe itself is Infestation based, the operator is Tenno, and the add ons (weapons and or companions) are either Corpus, Grineer or Ostron based. It would be VERY different and interesting to have a QUILL based warframe. 

i have been itching to see a proper radiation/nuclear/hazmat themed suit ever since there's been a damage type for it. design insps should be radioactive waste storage, gas masks, nuclear reactors, yellow/black hazard patterns, Fallout series (indirectly, let's avoid lawsuits)

Code Name: Bunker

Bunker has multiple very powerful abilities that can be activated and deactivated at will! Look, I know, this idea is perfect and totally original already, but stick with me.

BUT... for each ability active, Bunker's movement is slowed or inhibited in some way. Perhaps pair this with a higher than normal base movement speed, essentially forcing the player to trade off between being fast but weak or strong but slow in moment to moment gameplay.

An arbitrary example to illustrate the idea: An ability that adds a large damage dealing bubble around each projectile the player fires,essentially making bullets huge and increasing ability to hit multiple enemies per shot, BUT bullet jumping is disabled while that ability is active.

While on paper Bunker might seem somewhat similar to Gauss or Volt, Bunker is differentiated in that their speed is passive, with their powers slowing them down whereas Volt and Gauss speed up because of their abilities. 

TL;DR:  The basic idea is "using abilities slows you down". It will probably be difficult to make slowing down the player feel fun!

Warhorse - A warframe that acts as a mount for other frames.

Basically the frame would be extra fast and agile and could function in solo mode. The real power of the warhorses is unlocked when another payer hops on his back.

- Motion for both players is controlled by the warhorses player

- by using an ability Warhorse enables other players to interact with him and ride him like a vehicle

- the rider gets access to a back-mounted heavy cannon but can opt to use their own weapons and abilities with a nice damage and defense bonus. The rider can ping target requests to Warhorse and can slow down time a-la aim gliding so they can get a chance to aim

- Warhorses should still be able to attack in mount form, either with standard weapon or an exalted gun and blade

- either player can exit the mount and rider state

Not only would this provide a fun way to team play with friends, it would provide a way to tank up some frail frames and reward players with a massive amount of power in exchange for handing their motion controls to another player. Plus the memes would be fantastic.

name_LOBO

KUBROW Master Warframe

not to be confused with the comic book character LOBO <_<

LOBO= Grey Wolf or for warframe, KUBROW

O_o imagine if you will, a warframe that can call to all KUBROW in battle

"FIGHT FOR ME" other warframes pets, enemy kubrow, and the GHOST of the

first KUBROW "SABER KUBROW" <,<

LOOK

KUBROW Warframe, think SABERTOOTH and SABER-KUBROW

i personaly think Excalibur combined with GOKU Hair style

the spiky hair more like FUR on shoulders, arms and legs.

as the SABERTOOTH would have larger Teeth, the Warframe would

have larger ARM-BLADES, like the elbow bone sticking out like GUYVER

can do <_< you guys know GUYVER right?

I Think the Look should be something close to a HUNTER more than a Werewolf

IF a Summoned Kubrow would be called it should be BIGGER than a Normal

Kubrow. So, the Warframe may look more like a Mountain Man. lol a Warframe

with a BEARD ^_^ <.< O_o could be interesting acctually

battleon!! ^_^

JCH

P.S.

if i can work out a picture can i edit this post?

or post another comment with a repost of this one?

I know this might have been suggested, but something symbiotic infested like warframe would be cool. Taking inspiration from Venom and the Symbiotes/Klyntar from Marvel. A forth ability could be to take over an enemy and power them up while 'possessing' them.

I want a Frame that is massive(like 2 to 3 times the size) and CC wouldn't affect it as much but its considerably slower, and other warframes can ride on its top/back possibly healing while it draws fire instead of them.
I would prefer a walking fortress style (is only humanoid in inspiration, so its more of like a walker mech) that has a big artillery cannon on its back and can launch shells and ally's far (with a special aiming method) or for a make shift RPG
It could do a ground tearing stomp but instead of knocking up enemys like rhinos CC, its raw damage and can pop nullifiers if they are to close.
Its could also possibly fire both primary and secondaries without swapping weapons.

Lore would be it was designed for going toe to toe with bigger sentinels
Funny meme/mechanic would be it clanging its head(and everything) moving through doorways and even breaking through them rendering always open or in a partially open state.

Just to throw it out there. 

A jester/joker themed warframe would be kind of neat.

Abilities can be akin to

Ability 1. Grant a random resistance buff to you and teammates within range. Covering all the basic ones. Frost, Fire, Toxin, Electric, Slash, impact, and puncture. How much resistance can be determined later by ability level. 

Ability 2. Like 1 but instead grants buff to all weapons for your own attacks. Once again covering all the above categories for the buff. Just adds variability to your attacks by mixing buff with already applied status effects to weapons. 

Ability 3. Sacrifice all currently applied buffs for raw damage buff for ~15-25 seconds. Likely something like 5%, 7%, 10% boost (depending on ability level) x # of buffs sacrificed. 

Ability 4. Gamble on shuffling a mod drop.

Chances can be TBD but will be. 

Lower quality/changed to ammo, energy or health if bronze. 

Same quality just different mod

Higher quality

There have been a few suggestions for time based frames and saw one for glitch and think they work really well in combination. Glitching enemy factions, attacks, locations and time.

Also Glitch would be a great frame name.

Cool opportunities for crazy visuals and fast-slow-fast effects.

Abilities (more for giving a feel for the theme than being prescriptive)

1st ability: direct attack that damages slightly and swaps the faction of the target, each target they attack gets the same effect for a short duration. Basically a contagious radiation effect.

2nd ability: plant a distracting glitch on a surface that attracts enemy attention and agro. When enemies attack it they damage themselves.

3rd ability: Using a field similar to the Moa precept that slows down incoming attacks but instead swaps the faction of the enemies inside and once the frame leaves the zone it collapses and amplifyies the damage of projectiles inside.

4th ability: detonate glitches, glitched enemies and zones damaging all effected.

Passive: increased damage to glitched targets.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Onesius said:

There should be a werewolf warframe That goes by the name Lykos and when he transforms into his beast mode this warframe gains new powers and passive abilities. Like for example, summons or creates a pack of wolves, Be able to put the lycan curse on team mates to give them a buff for armor, health and attack.The 3rd beast form ability is to transform back into its original form. Also in beast form the frame is a lot faster. Any way this is what it probably should look like but improved and modifiedirina-lakhadynova-2-10.jpg?1489661529

Orokin, 

Curious at heart

Cruel by nature. 

What name did they call in their times of mortal peril? Did they know what perils mortals faced ? Ah for that wretched droplet shaped symbol they thirst for keeps them whole from the day they were made hollow, devoid of all human emotion and yet filled with emotions far too..something else 

Continuity is a word many orokin knew well, but what form did they have in mind for it, what golden edges and violet twists did they see when the warframes became reality, no vessel better than one of their own, to do what they’ve done many times and will do many more, live, and laugh in the face of an unknown death - what orokin metal claded orokin skin visage did they craft and mold in the name of the endless life that is they 

Why they saw the infinity symbol of the serpent, they crafted the scales of yig and so they said “tenno, drink this and become one of us, we have just the right fit for you to join our ranks” 

The same cask sipped, the same mind shared- the Warframe and the tenno but reversed. 

Yihg is the serpent themed Warframe of continuity, he is a caster type of frame with a play style geared towards maintaining focus turning enemies into himself - i have a special request that may be scrapped but it is important to the lore of yihg- he does not allow transference but instead yig uses his passive “consume” and turns an enemy with enough scales into him - 

The theme behind this frame is to add mysticism to the orokin while also revealing their inhumanity for their experiments. this frame is meant to show equal parts the orokin reverence for continuity and equal parts their ingenuity for war and symbolism. This Warframe is inspired by the father of serpents from curse of yig by Zealia Bishop and H.P Lovecraft- i Wanted a Warframe theme that follows the idea of the Warframe as these imposing and towering beings that corrupt the hearts and minds of others and cloak themselves in subterfuge and evil deeds but are not cowardly about it.i want this frame to more or less be an artifact of the orokins ideology and atmosphere given form like an art piece but made for war, a Warframe that refuses to be just that. 

Yihg is meant to be a caster first and foremost, his first ability is similar to that of an exalted weapon but not in the form of a weapon but in the form of an exalted ability - 

1-Scales: yihg let’s loose his sharp scales and loses health as he fires them into enemies to burrow into their flesh /while this ability is active the fire button is used to fire the scales similar to ivaras Artemis bow (scales inflict puncture damage)  this ability can be fired by holding the fire button for an automatic fire effect or can be used by tapping the fire button for a semi auto effect. Damage from this ability increase as it’s fire is sustained 

2-Avarice/wrath: yihg calls forth a portion of his scales from enemies, causing bleeding to any enemies affected from the sudden snatching of the sharp objects and healing himself for a portion of the bleeding status duration. If no enemies are effected by scales  this ability instead shoots out a violent shed of scales that will inject into a few enemies but not enough into one enemy to benefit from his passive or third ability-  

3-Spawn/paralysis(Aimed cast): yihg chooses a target to bring form to his kin - if an enemy has over 10 scales they will be locked in an animation of spawning a snake. Multiple snakes can spawn from the same enemy causing massive damage based on scales for a max of 3 from 30 stacks of one enemy and 6 in total from any means at once, the snakes will last until killed. Snakes gain buffs depending on which enemy faction they spawn from. 

If an enemy target has zero stacks of scales yihg will bite them and they will be stunned and  take reduced damage from all outside sources but be feared when the duration of the stun ends - this will allow yihg to stack his scales on enemies, spawning snakes from stunned enemies causes increased damage to the enemy allowing players to be able to focus and cultivate their spawn but still needing to keep up with the fight to maximize the number of snakes. 

Ult-Curse of yihg: using this ability comes at a great cost, Yihg becomes a world serpent burrowing under ground and losing max health  per x meters and gaining the ability to rip enemies underground and devour them or lash out his tail and deal damage and knocking down survivors in the area, yihg movement speed is increased by 30% in this form - when or if max health reaches 200 he is spit out from the ground as a snake and must use “consume” on an enemy to reach his full form -yihg snake form has access to spitting scales as a ranged attack that does not cost anything. 

Passive: consume - yihgs scales are imbued and laced with old kuva, they stack on enemies providing the basis for his manipulation of their mind and bodies 

Enemies with over 5 stacks will still attack enemy tenno and yihg but also allies as they become paranoid - they will deal reduced damage to allies 

10 scales will allow enemies to be made to spawn snakes forth to aid yihg 

30 stacks will allow yihg to consume them by transferring and instead of tenno the enemy becomes yihg as he sheds from them and resetting his health and his stacks but not his energy. 

If yihg dies near an enemy that has 30 stacks of scales he automatically consumes them. 

Stacks exceeding 30 will cause the damage from his scales ability to deal increased damage to that enemy from the beginning of the fire of the ability. 

I always had the idea of a shape-shifter warframe, kinda like druids on WoW that can transform into a bear or a tiger depending on the situation, a warframe that can transform into a beast and deal damage as well as soak damage or that it has animalistic features and abilities, it may be hard due to to the small amount of wildlife on the origin system, but I think it can be done. So yeah, a shape-shifter/druid warframe.

I would love to see a proto frame.  Something that the tenno can only partially control, or perhaps has a pool of abilities that each activation is a random effect instead of a set 1:1 ability tree.  Or potential it clones whatever the last party member cast of that would be like Gogo from final fantasy 6.  I would assume the backstory would be that this is the frame that Vor studied to get his immunity shield/resurrection from.  Torture and experimentation has driven the identity out of the frame, hence the random ability or copy ability.

I someone might have said it already but, maybe a explorer frame that is sorta like a scout. They might have something like a kdrive to help with movement and over all most of the skills deal with movement and single focused burst dps on one target at a time so it isn't at all a room nuke frame and skills might change if they are on their movement option or not. If the frame does have two slightly different skill sets when on the kdrive or not on the kdrive. When you are on the kdrive might have slightly more defense for surviving and way less damage output as a sacrifice, while not on the kdrive way more dps but you are both slower and weaker. (to be honest the kdrive is 100% replaceable with basically anything else) That is all i have. I hope you enjoyed my thoughts have a great and wonderful month.

Archived