Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Personally for years I've been wanting a frame based around explosives, demolition, and over all the blast status. With recent changes to self damage and blast, it feels like a great time to do so. For abilities this is some ideas I have thus far:

Passive: To fit with his explosive kit, why not essentially give him some of that stagger resistance. Depending on your preference, his abilities, when too close, can cause him to stagger or not, so may as well throw that in so he doesn't screw himself over TOO badly =P

Grenades: Enemies have them, why can't we? Simply lob the explosive and watch the fireworks. This is relatively simple though, so could always make it a rotating ability to change the type of grenade, such as:

-Frag grenade: Grenade filled with shrapnel, forces slash procs on enemies in the explosion.

-Irradiating flashbang: Throw a low damage explosive that inflicts blind and irradiates foes, causing them to confusedly attack their allies when they first come out of blind.

-Concussion grenade: Blast status through and through, knocking foes around and inflicting the accuracy debuff.

-Incendiary grenade: Self explanatory, throw, create an area of fire that inflicts fire procs. (Of course, if you all have better ideas for grenades, feel free to replace XD)

Active Camouflage: As I said, based on guerilla warfare, and we haven't had a frame with an active invisibility skill in a while. Of course, just invisibility isn't interesting. While invisible, grenades and explosives used gain an "ambush" bonus, doing finisher/extra damage and/or extra procs of the status. Whether throwing the grenades reveals the frame or not can be at your discretion.

Remote Explosives: Lay out sets of explosives that you can detonate remotely. You can throw or set a charge by tapping the key, and then holding briefly to detonate all charges you have deployed. This is meant to be raw damage bursts of damage for enemies that are either coming towards a defense objective or moving in on another ally while you're cloaked. If one needs to immediately deploy a charge for damage, they can toss the charge and detonate in mid air by holding it after a double tap.

Seeker Missiles: Abandoning all subtlety, unleash all you have to destroy the enemy. After a brief channelling period to lock on targets in line of sight, the missiles launch from something akin to Boba Fett's jetpack, only turned up to 11. Like the others this can be used from camo, but to avoid it being completely op, it does force you out of the camo, so you don't end up spamming finisher damage missiles at enemies.

With that, that's my ideas for an explosive based warframe, specifically focusing on guerilla warfare and the element of surprise with an explosive twist. Hope you enjoy the ideas I have even if they don't make it too far.

The Tenno have discovered the truth...

The Sentients return in mass, bringing with them a new war all across the system...

The power of the Void grows ever stronger...

The Void Guardian Awakens

A product of the Orokin, Aether, the Void Guardian, was deemed a failure of the Warframe project. Its power was immense, and impossible for even tenno power to wield. At least, it was.

Now, the tenno have awakened, and their power is stronger than ever. Strong enough to activate the Void Guardian.

Aether is a Knight, whose abilities are forged from the raw fabrics of pure void energy. It resembles a knight, and all it's abilities use Void damage as their type (An alt-card might change the ability type like chroma/exalted blade).

I'd love to see seven frames based on the seven deadly sins. We've already got Valkyr as Wrath and Grendel as Gluttony (and you could argue that Nekros is Greed, I guess), so let's get the others!

If you're looking for only one concept, though, I want a support frame based on the Lust sin. They could heal an ally with some sort of "act of love" while giving other allies a "jealousy" damage buff. You could also give the frame a blind ability, because "love is blind" and all that. Though, I suppose "love" isn't really the right word, because love and lust aren't the same thing. I don't want a Cupid frame shooting bright pink hearts while surrounded by doves; I want primal, seductive, evil desire that inspires carnage and bloodshed with nothing but a glance from the frame. Lust can make people do crazy things; the frame could abuse that theme and buff their allies so that the allies do the work, while also driving enemies insane with desire (maybe a "Charm" CC like Octavia's 2nd ability?). 

While I would like to see a frame for each of the seven deadly sins at some point, my top choice - and my submission for this contest - is a support frame based on Lust.

Now, if I had completely free reign over this Lust frame design, It'd look something like this, though it's only an example:

Venus

Passive: Stunning Presence

Enemies within 5 meters of Venus deal 25% reduced damage.

First Ability: Kiss

Launches a projectile that passes through enemies and allies. Enemies hit are blinded. First ally hit is given "Kiss" buff, which is used in other abilities.

Second Ability: Devotion

Venus and Kissed ally gain "Devotion" buff (health regeneration and damage reduction). Non-Kissed allies gain "Jealousy" buff (bonus weapon damage and faster reload speed). If no ally is Kissed, only Venus gains Devotion, while all other allies gain Jealousy.

Third Ability: Bewitching Beauty

Venus releases a pulse that Charms nearby enemies, forcing them to harmlessly follow her around for a duration. While Charmed, enemies have a higher chance of dropping Energy Orbs on death. If Kiss is active, Venus and Kissed ally gain Jealousy (allowing them to gain both Devotion and Jealousy at the same time).

Fourth Ability: Heartbreaker

Venus places a small AoE at her feet that slows enemies and amplifies any healing that allies receive. After a duration, the AoE detonates, dealing damage to enemies and healing allies. Damage/healing done by the detonation can be charged by Venus/allies dealing damage or receiving healing while standing in the AoE. If Kiss is active, a second AoE spawns at the Kissed ally's feet. AoEs can be detonated early by Venus, but Venus cannot place another AoE without detonating the active one (or two if Kiss is active) first.

Thanks for reading!

Peccator (Latin for Sinner / Transgressor) [male]       Peccatrix (Latin for Sinner) [female]

A Warframe based around the Seven Deadly Sins, with six abilities (one ability having multiple cast options, like Quiver and Minelayer) and a passive, all of which represent one of the seven.

I think this would be an interesting frame if done right, as it could be a really good jack-of-all-trades, or a purely offensive, purely supportive, or purely utility, depending on how the abilities are made. Although a purely support or purely healing variant would probably be better off based on the seven virtues. But still.

A Dreamer-like warframe; It could be called Morpheus, or Hypnos, maybe Somnus.

It would be mainly stealth, but still be able to sustain itself in a fight.
It would of course have a sleep-status skill, but to make it unique, he has a passive called "nightmare" that works like Inaros Devour; Any enemy that die during the duration of any immobilizing cc would create a living nightmare, an chaotic creature that can fly through the map, confusing enemies and making them susceptible for finishers.

A beast Warframe that can move about on all fours, quite a few people have asked for this before. Based around infestation or animals, something to give it a good reason to seem "feral" in a sense. Basically "Kubrow Frame" since we already got Kavat Frame...but make it more -the- beast.

A Super Hero themed like All Might (from My Hero Academia) or Superman.
He would have a great presence like a super hero !

He would build up strength to do super punch, super jump, earthquake  or even throwing away bunch of ennemies !
58e5f6d75948b588858583c2b745a5537433295c

Sumi (sumi-e)

A Warframe that has black ink flowing through its body like blood. With a stroke of their bristled arm they stain the battlefield and captivate the minds of those upon it. As one with their art they seem to disappear upon its surface. From each step, leap, and fall a trail of dark beauty is left in their place, either so awe inspiring that none dare disturb it or so lifelike that their admirers can follow by dancing upon their work. And in an act that shows their mastery, they can bring to light the dark form of their twisted muse, break the spirit of those that lack true vision, and remake the world as they truly see it. That is the way they live before all their creations slowly fade away, reclaimed by the sole of their creator.

basic idea is a frame that uses a limited pool of black ink to create lines that enemies can't cross, paths that camouflage those walking on it (and works like tightropes through the air), and depictions of a monster so horrifying that enemies will flee and shoot at until they figure out it is fake. This ink can either slowly fade back into them or be reabsorbed all at once. Their hands and feet can unwind like intricate braids into the bristles of a paint brush, their body is cloaked in smooth paper like cloth that stains the more ink is in use at once, their face is obscured by a mask reminiscent of the monster they depict, and their body is a hollow shell reminiscent of Japanese inkstone that you can see past to their available ink flowing throughout their body.

You could make it so this Warframe was built by the Orokin to fuel their massive egos and captured by the Sentients to study organic creativity, making a horrific sentient monster their muse.

I have had this idea for a long time... so the theme of this anniversary is complete coincidence.

So the theme I'm going with is False Godslayer. The thing that inspired this idea was Fenrir, from Norse legend. The short version of the legend (And how it can be adapted to Warframe) is that the children of Loki and Angora would cause trouble for the gods (Orokin being fearful of how the war is going and have a Warframe designed and built against the Sentients). Odin had Fenrir raised among the Aesir, and only Tyr was brave enough to feed him (Have 1 orokin be brave enough to attempt the idea of making this warframe due to him realizing how the war is going). As time passed, Fenrir grew in power to such a degree that the gods feared him (Orokin could see the potential of the warframe and have a "We should stop this before it gets too far").

Eventually, Odin had him chained up on two different occasions, to which Fenrir easily broke the chains (Orokin design some form of limiting factor on the Warframe, only for them to shatter and break everytime). The third time however, Odin had the chains built by the Dwarves and they presented him with Gleipnir. English translation of the name is either "Deceiver" or "Entangler". (Have a clever Orokin in opposition of the warframe design the limitors/stunt the growth of the warframe).

The chain was designed from 6 impossible things, and when chained up with it, Fenrir couldn't break out (Warframe is put to thru 6 nearly impossible tests, and fails enough that the Orokin put the project on ice.)

Once chained, Fenrir couldn't break free and is said to only be unchained during Ragnarok (Warframe is hidden in some Orokin facility, waiting for the Sentients to return, ready to show these "Gods" what true power means)

So in a short summary of Fenrir (That's the name I'm going with), he would be a mixture of Anti-sentient tech, slow-to-build power, and something to do with "Release the chains, set the beast free" form of Theme.   

I'd like to see a Warframe based on a mage of some sort. A flowing robe, a mysterious hat or hood, an overall mystic vibe, maybe along with a signature weapon like a speargun. Alternate helmets could give him a stereotypical wizard beard or a tall cap. I know Wisp is similar to this already, but her theme is more of a ghost than a mage.

Shya is a timid yet powerful warframe themed around avoiding friend and foe.

When she is alone (based on LoS, not affinity range), she can charge up an explosive AoE (nearly silent, but very deadly) which will discharge early if she is hit by an enemy.

Her movement ability launches her away from nearby enemies, knocking them over in the process. Is she more of a rabbit or a frog? She refuses to say. She can launch off of the ground or walls, but not as far.

Her CC ability causes enemies to feel shy and move away from one another, helpful for dealing with ancient healers and synergizing well with saryn.

A Warframe based on anime mecha tropes.

1st ability: Rocket Punch. Hits enemies at medium range with blast procs.
2nd ability: Barrier. Puts up a protective shield that nullifies enemy projectiles, but drains energy based on damage negated.
3rd ability: Homing Barrage. Fires a volley of projectiles where aimed. Hold down to lock-on to targets.
4th ability: Union. Split apart and attach onto allies to act as a second heath bar for them, or attach onto enemies to use them as a second heath bar.

Heath and Shields could be low to account for abilities, with armor value starting high.

I think a warframe that combines with sentinels would be interesting. Little info or back story is provided about them and a theme could be an explanation as to why they always hover above us as if yearning to become one with the frame. Wyrm could attach to become an arm appendage increasing sniper  damage, or provide a shield depending on which weapon class is being held. Deathcube could embed itself in the frames chest causing a shield buff or fire rate. Shade could replace the head and increase speed. The more i think about it the more the idea has potential and expands. It would add good lore to the story. I have more details written down if interest rises. 

Cavalier, the Knight. Bastion for the weak.

I have long wanted a dedicated knight-oriented Warframe. I know Excalibur, Oberon, Rhino, Chroma, etc. could be considered knight frames, but that's not their exact theme. One who can dish out amazing physical damage as well as prevent physical damage from hurting himself and his allies. One who can charge into a group of enemies and live to tell the tale with enhanced melee capabilities and abilities. A half damage, half tank, bit of support type of swell guy.

Archived