Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

We have a dragon themed Warframe so why not a Dinossaur themed one? His alt helmets and skins can be designed from different dinossaurs. Tell me a triceratops helmet wouldn't fit right in on warframe? . His powers could have something to do with metal,liquefyng metal,metal barriers,maybe a metal skin.

For my submission i would put a angelic demonic mix warframe and it would be like a mix of two themes to create something new in one theme but the idea i am going for isn't to make it sound like one half will be angelic and the other demonic but probably more so a mix.
No art and nothing solid for a backstory but i could give a idea or two but will contain spoilers so read at your own risk of getting spoilers.

Spoiler

On terms with lore i would guess somewhere with ballas naturally i guess and somewhere about how he might think hes the good guy or something from his point of view i don't really know for sure but he does seem to say some things and looks at things on his own morale outlook? 
If i were to say anything just on the spot on the idea it would be that the warframe isn't exactly demonic or angelic and that those are just words to describe its appearance maybe? For example my name could be slayer because i just think the name is cool even if i don't "slay" if you get what i am going for there.

I propose that the next Warframe should be Fluid in its form able to change how it looks perhaps between a few forms similar to that of equinox but it remains one frame, and it has parts that remove from its body such as shoulder pieces and or legs and if so it should be able to float. Overall the frame should be an amalgam 1 form humanoid 1 form animalistic and 1 elemental so that its range could be perhaps 3 frames in one with its abilities I know how difficult this would be to balance if it had that many but for right now it is just looks as for its base design I imagine something Slender in body but with the epidermis moving slowly like a liquid but no discernible eyes and with elongated fingers something almost love craftian if you will.

I don't really have much else to add so if mine is chosen I hope this is enough to go off of for the artist

Parasitic mold/fungi themed warframe (see cordyceps) with the ability to infect, infest and possess enemies. The warframe will be able to 'enter' an enemy and control them from within. This allows for stealth/infiltration play options as well as tedium-breaking gameplay depending on who the enemy faction is. Possess rollers, manics, conculysts (spin to win?) and endless fun awaits! This is a warframe that will unlock NPC-mode!

ok...thread reached 65 pages and im not gonna read all of them to see if i duplicated someones idea but here we go.

A new frame designed by Simaris alongside all the other known (and unknown) cephalons, due to him studying you in the sanctuary he came up with an idea of creating a frame for you for the new war that could harness your raw void powers and actually use them as a weapon, so it will basically use void element instead of the usual elements we use now. And due to all this collective brain power and knowledge, this frame would be cutting edge technology, for example, the whole skin of the frame would be moving due to picorobots (pico is smaller than nano) changing the texture of the surface constantly, unique UI to see with, "a must have tool for the perfect hunter" as he would say. The tip of the spear for the war to come!

fun info on how to obtain it:
1st trial:  Simaris challenges you in a solo Ultimate Sanctuary Onslaught were you have 5 minutes to kill every enemy in the arena as an operator, by winning this you get the blueprint
2nd trial: Simaris challenges you again after your first win in an obstacle course with your operator with disabled void dash, winning this you get the chassis of the frame
3rd trial: Simaris challenges you into solving a number of consoles (new puzzles obviously) with strict time limit,by winning you get the systems
4th trial: Simaris asks you a number of questions about frames, like "which frame uses electric element in it's abilities?" and then have A-B-C-D to choose from, answering all the questions correctly will get you the neuroptics
and boom you got yourself the new frame

i know we are not supposed to talk about abilities but telling them would complete the theme i have in mind even if they do not end up in the design
first of all, this frame would have capped 100 energy pool for obvious reasons
passive: due to its picorobots on the skin, neutral enemies farther than 8 meters cant see it
1st ability: activating it, it would show you above enemies health bar the type of damage they have weakness
2nd ability: create a stationary orb that when it gets hit by a projectile it loads up on void energy, you can pick it up later to get the energy collected
3rd ability: completely empty your energy pool to add it as a % of void damage to your 1 next attack
4th ability: picorobots transform you into a stationary artillery cannon that fire void energy nukes, your minimum range were you could start shooting would be at 100 meters

Good luck to all!

Good evening all,

Having played from the beta i have seen a brilliant variety in themes from one warframe to the next and DE have never failed to surprise. One thing which seems to always be constant and a possible avenue for something truly new would be a non bi-pedal warframe or a warframe that can switch to a non-bipedal form (rolling/fairy form doesn't count).

Guns and melee weapons might be difficult to animate/utilise on a 4 leg frame so I was thinking about a "werewolf" themed frame. The basic concept is that actions performed in 2 leg mode build rage/bloodlust/limit break whatever you want to call it, once the meter is sufficiently full the frame has access to its 4 ability which transforms the frame (walks on four limbs and attacks with abilities/exhaulted "claws (with bite attacks?)").

I would suggest that in wolf form the frames passive+1-3 abilities would take on new forms (think pounce, pin, howl, bite, feed etc) 4 could vent rage and return to 2 leg or something. The trick is to make both forms fun and viable as to not overly encourage builds which aim to stay in one form.

Could be really fun, there loads to work with there and some real room for creative design, how often has space age werewolf been done?

TL:DR

werewolf frame: 2 legs before rage is full, 4 legs after.

How about a super agile ribbon dancer Warframe. (Like the ones attached to the ceiling).

Story: she was on Earth and was keeping all the soldiers of the of old war entertained when a huge mass of enemies charged them. In a quick moment, she used her ceiling ribbons (for lack of a better name) to grab and suck enemies of their life force. She then channeled this energy to grab her next victims and rip them apart. During the battle, she fell to the sheer amount of enemies. Her Warframe never rose again. 

I was thinking about a new Warframe I wanted to suggest, and this is what I thought of. It's weird, yes, but could be kinda cool.

I would just love to see another female tank base warframe.  My idea would be Obsidia.  A combination of fire and glass, since actual obsidian is the volcanic glass that is made.  The passive would provide be something along the lines of some bonus provided when heat damage is applied to any attacks or melee attacks.  Rather any attack adds fire or heat as a damage type, heat damage can provide some buff or heal effect.  Whatever doesn't feel too broken in the minds of DE creations.

1.  This should be a moving attack, similar to any of the charges or even Atlas's hit 1 to win type style.  a cheap and damaging attack, where even a daze or stun takes into account maybe.

2.  not super sure yet.  Some type of glass shielding I am thinking of since I am looking for a tank type character.

3.  Obsidian Bubble.  Just like Khora's sphere, Frost's orb, and a bit of Gara's glass, this is a defensable yet, breakable orb that can be formed.  

4. Shard storm.  Some major AoE effective shard/heat damage.  Rather like a fire ball that is place or some cone attack or surrounding burst attack.  Allowing a blinding or burning effect as well.  

Armor and health to be strong.  Shields can be low of course.  Normal speed but some speed could be nice.  Not sure how you want to work those ratios.  

Could host an exalted weapon in the form of twin swords or tonfas as dual obsidian shards she would fight with.  

A tank warframe option that can combine offense and defense.  open for changes and ideas of course.

warframe name: eye of condroc
eye of condroc an old warframe forgotten in the past arenas of Mars a gunman inspired by a table by an old inhabitant of Mars however this warframe and its pieces slept for longer than the counted time or else I will never know it nor who I believe it
You only know that it was a S.C.J of time already spent
The appearance of eye of condroc is similar to a cowboy with the peculiarity of wearing a helmet based on the condroc bird only with the peculiarity of a beak more similar to that of a crow than that of a condroc accompanied by sand lenses where they would have to go to the eyes of wearing that green sand glasses and a layer of black feathers condroc this would be 1 first warframe of the type to the summoner since his specialization is to provide apollo fire to the team
passive: the last drink the warframe recovers 50% of its life 1 time when being incapacitated while the 4 ability is active
First skill: [who is who?] The warframe can invoke 3 copies of itself that will only use secondary weapons scale with power strength every 50% is an extra clone [bone use ability that is activated 1 time prior to the skill]
second skill: [the law of the desert] you have 3 options to command the clones [regroup to a player to defend it]
[staying at a specific point] and [regrouping with the player] [ability to use]
third skill: [half day] the warframe invokes a 6 bullet revolver to the old west you have a speed buff that lasts 10 seconds increases movement speed and 10% bearer firing speed the alternative shot fires the 6 rounds at 6 enemies that are on your screen without failing a shot to the head increased criticism [active ability that consumes energy while the seconds pass]
the old school: [warframe weapon]
rate of fire: 7.00%
charger: 6
state: 22.00%
trigger: semi
mutidisparo: 2.5
Critical Multiplier: 3.8x
precision: 25.5
critical probability: 25.0%
recharge: 1.00
noise: alarming
hurt
impact: 50.0
perforating: 50.0
Shear: 25.0
autotomatic
rate of fire: 30.00%
charger: 6
state: 10.00%
trigger: automatic
multi shot: 2.5
Critical Multiplier: 3.8x
precision: 100.0%
critical probability: 50.0%
recharge: 1.00
noise: alarming
hurt
impact: 50.0
perforating: 50.0
Shear: 25.0
Fourth skill: [I am still alive] the warframe will be immobilized when he dies for 10 seconds and will be immortal leaving only 1% of life except for the first defeat while the 10 seconds pass, all the clones will disappear and will appear leaving your warframe doubling x2 how many clones you had and all the clones will use the weapon of the 3 ability for a period of 20 seconds [active ability]

I'd love to see a warframe that's able to manipulate gravity. We already have a crazy antimatter warframe, a warframe that steps between dimensions and soon one that manipulates time (a little bit) with protea, so I figure a warframe with innate control over gravity could be incredible.

They would probably be capable of reducing gravity for themselves and allies to increase mobility, rocketing themselves across the map with a single leap. They could increase the intensity of gravity in areas around them to cause enemie's bullets to drop to the ground before coming close to their allies. And best of all, they could focus all of their gravity-power into a single point in space, creating a localised black hole or gravity storm to both annihilate enemies, and disrupt those that are further away.

You only really need to look at Kat from Gravity Rush to get the idea of where I'm going with this, but the warframe can use gravity in plenty more ways than just making things float or drop quicker, with applications as support, dps or cc all in one theme.

Oh, already 1.5k replies. I guess I'll contribute as well with my interpretation of an oracle themed frame.
For the purpose of this post the frame is named [O_Frame] and of unknown gender.

Appearance:
I don't think there's a way to avoid the obvious here. Gold and glass/energy orbs with elements reminiscent of SC Protos sentries, disruptors, etc.

Base Stats:
Large energy pool, high shields, low health/armor

Passives:
Primary weapons receive a substantial bonus to punch through. (maybe a combination of a flat and % bonus)
While [O_Frame] aims down the sight of a primary weapon, enemies "touched" by the cross hairs are slowed for a brief period of time.*

(1) Attune:
25 energy on cast, infinite duration, affected by power strength

[O_Frame] attunes themself to targeted enemy type. All enemies of that type take 50% (affected by power strength) more damage from all of [O_Frame]'s weapons and abilities.
Selected enemy type is displayed on the bottom right of the screen.
A bonus to loot drops for selected enemy type is also worth considering.

(2) Reveal:
50 energy on cast, long duration, affected by power strength/duration, fixed range**

[O_Frame] marks all enemies in range, making them visible even through walls. While ability is active enemy hits have % chance (affected by power strength) of being evaded.
If a hit from an enemy [O_Frame] is attuned to is negated, [O_Frame] recovers energy. (either a flat amount or proportional to damage similar to rage/adrenaline mod)

(3) Scry:
100 energy on cast, medium duration, affected by power strength/duration/range
(requires Attune to be active)

[O_Frame] places a translucent orb of energy in front of them. The orb's diameter is roughly 3/4 the height of a warframe and stationary. Inside the orb is still or slowly rotating ghost image of the attuned enemy.
All allies can hit the ghost image with their weapons. All damage dealt to the ghost image this way is periodically transferred*** to all instances of that enemy type in affinity range. The total damage dealt to the ghost image is also recorded and dealt as damage to all enemies in an aoe (affected by ability range) around each attuned enemy in range, whenever it dies or Scry expires.

(4) Enlighten:
100 energy on cast. medium duration, affected by power strength/duration
(requires Attune to be active)

[O_Frame] shares the benefits of reveal and attune with all allied warframes in affinity range. Allies in range also receive a bonus to power strength (affected by power strength).
The durations of reveal and scry are refreshed, and the explosions of the latter triggered.

(*) I aware that having enemies tagged in this way might create some problems. Should only one enemy be affected at a time? How long should the effect linger? What happens when the player tags multiple enemies in short succession.

(**) This effect seems like it would be susceptible to technical limitations as well. How large can the range be allowed to be without causing visual cluttering. Also you can't reveal any enemies that haven't properly spawned yet, so that might cause some complications and inconsistencies for effective range.

(***) There's multiple ways damage might be transferred to the individual attuned enemies. Are damage instances and status effects transferred as they are, or does the ghost image have it's own armor/shield and weak spots, and damage is transferred as true damage? Is the ghost image large enough to have it's own weak spots? Also might the orb be too obtrusive when place in tight spaces like corridors?

So that's it for me. While this frame idea has been floating around in my head for probably almost two years now, I have never posted any of it anywhere else, and as far as I can tell none of it was taken or even inspired by someone else's suggestions.

While I was typing this my keyboard layout changed for some reason. What's up with that?

Edit: I'm aware that we're still supposed to be in the theme phase. But others itt have chosen to ignore directions as well, and for good reason. A theme alone doesn't really paint enough of a picture as to what a oracle themed frame might look like, except maybe that it's probably not related to the software company.

Warframe Concept Abrumptum

A warframe with gravity based powers. Abrumptums powers are from the same Orokin technology that was used to move Lua to the void. The gravitational tech of Abrumptum was a Orokin prototype for gravity manipulation. Abrumptum can freeze, pin and make enemies fly with his abilities.

I have one simple idea for you boys... a werewolf frame with the ability to transform into a big scary monster that acts as a tank with highly increased melee damage without having the ability to use guns have a croissant🥐 (please add something like this)

I think a warframe based on evolution would be good. Like 3 or 4 forms that all buff certain attributes and are affected/ altered by other abilities. Its definitly different then what were used to and i think that if done right, could change up the meta alot

An almalgum of the failed weapon of infested flesh, the otherworldly manifestation of Sentient tech, bound together with the most advanced Orokin computer and technology to control both aspects. The creation would be their most powerful creation to deal with the threat both outside and in. It failed. In limited fashion it could be controlled but all attempts to use the full strength of either part would end up with one side going berserk or the computer utilizing too much force to suppress both. No matter which, the results were disasterous to those nearby.

The core, chest, of the Warframe is Orokin tech, reaching up from the groin to the center of the head. The Left arm, shoulder, head, hip and leg is infested flesh. The Right arm, shoulder, head, hip and leg is Sentient tech. 

Health 100-300

Shields 100-300

Energy  100-300

Armor  150

Passive: At 50% of higher health the Triumvirate has a 25% damage reduction from the Sentient portion of it's body, taking effect before armor and other damage reductions. At 49% Damage reduction is replaced by a Health regeneration that stops once health has reached 50%

1. Leech Toss

From the infested arm spawns a leech that the warframe tosses at enemies. The leech explodes on contact with a moving target. Should the toss miss the Leech will immediately crawl to the nearest enemy from where it lands. The force of the explosion is equal to half the Leech's life. Dealing viral damage to those within 2m range. 

Damage is affected by Power Str, Explosion and Toss range affected by Power Range, Power Efficiency affects energy cost. Power Duration affects life of Leech before exploding if no enemy is found.

2. Beam Sword

From the Sentient arm a beam of radiation(70%) and electric(30%) energy lashes from one side to the other in front of the warframe in a 130 degree arc.. The beam has infinite penetration to enemy targets and 1m penetration for enviormental. Damage of Beam is affected by Power Str. Arc and Length of beam is affected by Power Range. Power Efficiency affects energy cost. Power Duration has no effect.

3.  Target Lock

Marking a target the Orokin computer increases the Efficiency of weaponfire and power damage done to the enemy, making sure all strikes hit weak or flawed areas for maximum damage. Power Str affects how much damage is boosted. Power Range affects  range and number of enemies can be marked on a single pass. Power Efficiency reduces energy cost of the ability. Power duration affects how long the damage bonus from the Triumvirate weapons and skills lasts.

4. Dominate!

Bringing all powers to max unlocks the potential of the Infested and Sentient body parts. All 3 struggle for dominace with one rising to the top for a limited time. Should the infested take control it immediately begins spawning outwards to create an infested patch that will grasp enemies and drag them in to convert them into infested minions. The minions will fight on the Triumvirate's behalf for a duration before turning aggressive. Should the sentient take control the will unleash a blast upwards starting a destructive rain of energy to fall down all around the warframe damaging any enemies in range. However should the Orokin computer prove to dominate it will release a powerful suppresion field, quieting both the Sentient and Infested portions of the warframe. Any enemies or allies caught near the Warframe when this goes off are put to sleep for a duration of time.

Damage of Infested and Sentient is affected by Power Str. Range of Infested, Sentient and Orokin Computer is affected by Power Range. Power Efficiency reduces all energy costs of the 3 powers. Power Duration Affects the energy cost of the Infested Mass and how long the Infested Converts remain under control. It will affect how long and how often the energy strikes fall from the Sentient rain. It will affect how long enemies and allies remain asleep.

Archived