Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

my description of a new warframe theme is a "giant ruthless and bully type warframe who doesn't play by the rules" 

as a "tanky" warframe instead of having an "iron skin" buff ability to keep him alive he will have a unique "grab" ability where he can grab most enemies and use them 

as a shield to block incoming attacks, reactivating this ability will cuz the warframe to aim and throw his enemy to do damage and knockdown multiple targets.

His passive ability will allow him to detonate a huge aoe blast after he's goes to a down state allowing for a safe revive from teammates.

This warframe can steal energy from his teammates and in return he gives them a boost in stat weather its health boost, shield, defense, or even invulnerability. 

This is a warframe who doesn't play nice, he is dirty and wreckless which makes him powerful and different. 

I was thinking if there wasn’t any yet, a ghost themed warframe. I know there are frames that can be viewed as ghosts, but I’m saying a proper ghost frame. Like it’s backstory could how it was a different warframe before it died in some sort of weird event like how it goes through a void gate but the keys are destroyed causing the warframe to be trapped in between dimensions but comes back somehow as a spectral form of its former self.

A warframe that is based on geometric shapes. a few ideas based on the type, for if it were a tank choose hexagons for holding lots of weight and being very sturdy, speed/tactical triangles for being small and efficient , or rhombuses for dps because they are good for defense, but are a lot better for offense if using one of the points. maybe it could be a balanced frame consisting of multiple geometric shapes. This I think would be really good and fun frame if it were to be created, but that is probably just my love of shapes speaking. sorry for the essay DE.

i am sorry my english is  not very good,I try my best to describe my thoughts

story:after Empyrean ,when player use  Wukong in Railjack,in Earth Proxima。Wukong feels someone calling him,three wreckage  in  Earth Proxima.after player Scan three signs,player get a mail about the new warframe .It is God Erlang二郎神.(in Journey to the West,They used to be opponents,but now in Warframe,after"the gods evening", they are good friends.)

some God Erlang  skills thoughts:

1,open his third eye On the forehead  ①enemies,Resource Cache  are displayed in  Mini Map.②perspective,View through nearby  wall or obstacle .③detect weak point                                                 all damages are regarded as Headshot  for some time  

2,the deified dog哮天犬,a kind of special Kubrow,like Venari of Khora.        three abilities:①bite,kill a ordinary  enemy  immediately  or  control a powerful enemy

②pick   pick up all resources,Range mod can  increase picking region . the deified dog  runs so fast  because dogs love this kind of game ,enemy can't shoot it.

③bark     the deified dog bark and nearby enemies feel vertigo,and enemies can be executed

(special  interaction:when Wukong and God Erlang in one mission,Celestial Twin of wukong first skill  will hit God Erlang occasionally,no damage just a act  ;and  the deified dog will put Celestial Twin on the ground  occasionally)

3,picture of mountains and rivers 山河社稷图         open the picture  scroll,nearby  enemies are getting  sucked into the scroll .long press can release enemies

Melee Weapons:triple-pointed double-bladed long-hilt saber三尖两刃刀 

c8d35ba75cc14dcbb97dec7141a9a9ec.jpeg

Primary Weapons:Gold bow silver bullet 金弓银弹 

b016918fa0ec08fac5ca6c6c55ee3d6d57fbdacc

A Viking theme.

A Warrior-Shaman, responsible for defending the fjords and tundra of the northern reaches of Earth and rumoured to have been active on Pluto and Lua as well.

A capable fighter, focusing on melee but with the ability to heal their allies. High armour, Med Health, Low Shields? 

Comes with a big Axe, 'cause personal preference.

Noble animation would be the frame gripping their weapon while the top rests on the ground(like Talos in the skyrim statues)

Agile would be the weapon leaned on their shoulder/across the back of their neck, depending on the weapon.

A portal-based warframe - they can place portals which perform different tasks.

They could have portals for transporting enemies, to command the flow of the map; portals which damage, debuff or slow enemies;  portals that provide buffs/healing for allies; and an ability to 'supercharge' their portals, for a time (portals suck enemies in, deal more damage, heal more etc.).

Synergies would be funneling enemies into the damage portal and providing an escape route/safe area for teammates in high risk scenarios.

Come child and head the warning of Ossein the Lord of Shadows, the One Who is Lost, Bone Eater of the Void!

What you will hear is all we have from fragments that have been found scattered across the bleak darkness of space, scratched into the hulls of ships found adrift, deciphered from the mad ramblings of those who claim to have heard or in some rare cases, seen the monster that haunts the darkness of space.

Long ago a trader vessel that was trying to escape some unknown pursuers in an act of desperation, tried to flee to the outer most charted area of space they knew of. This, this one act made in fear, drew its attention. It is said as soon as the trader’s vessel entered that unknown space, lost to the ages, darkness took the ship and the dying scream of a child filled the halls. Blinded by this spreading darkness, the ships crews took up arms and begin to search for the child they all heard.

Yet one by one in this darkness the crew was taken, until only the captain was left. He found bodies suspended in the darkness, he followed the trail until he came upon it feeding on the dead in some macabre ritual. The captain knew at once that this thing, empowered by the force of hunger itself and the need to always have a meal. The monster was invoking this rite to prepare and preserve the body of the victims, imbuing them with unnatural longevity and storing them for later consumption.

The captain at this sight screamed and yet heard nothing, dropped his weapon and ran, the monster gave chase. Rounding corners and leaping across platforms trying to find a place to hide. Feeling safe in a locked room, he began to hear the child’s cry again. As if appearing from the darkness itself, the monster walked behind the poor captain. Raising its hand, the fallen crew appeared before him, yet not just his, others so many more, summoned from the pits of the void itself.

They tore at the captain; their final thought was that this was the end. Yet, the monster started the rite, as the child’s cry grew louder and louder until nothing was left.

This child is why we do not travel beyond our home, the monster lurks in the darkness, waiting for others to join it’s ranks.

A genuine cosmic horror themed Warframe, cause harrows quest was scary but not his design, I was thinking of something that would come out of a "JoJo's bizarre adventure" world or a Lovecraftian/Eldritch horror theme, it could have arms appearing wrapped all around the body with a few sorrowful faces of it's dead enemies fused on to it's skin,maybe it has mixed parts of the body like one hand is a tentacle and the other is a corpus styled mechanical arm or maybe it's a puppet that's a slick but almost grotesque mash of grineer, corpus, sentient and infested corpses but it's possessed by a vengeful dead tenno ghost  ( just examples), just something that's absurd in terms of design, a creature of the unknown where the Warframe universe itself cannot comprehend it's existence, try tying it into the void's side of the story or maybe it could be a runaway experiment gone wrong type of deal, since we have infested and sentient themed Warframe, it also gives a challenge to Tennogen creators and we could see their wacky ideas when they make skins. Have the design leave players feeling disgusted/puzzled but thinking that it's cool at the same time.It doesn't have to be super horror as long as it's absurd.

Bonemancer - Commander of bones.

Passive) Reanimation - Enemies that die around you have a chance to reanimate as a skeletal ally.

1) Marrow-rend (Channels Energy) - Channels stacks of Marrow out of enemies in a cone dealing damage

2) Bone Armor (Costs Marrow) - Consumes stacks of Marrow to gain armor and regain health.

3) Amalgam (Costs Energy) - Combines the swarm of skeletal allies into a big, slow moving Amalgam which will cleave enemies nearby for a duration. Skeletal allies will continue to combine with the amalgam nearby.

4) Bone Storm (Channels Marrow) - Channels Marrow to create a whirlwind of bones that deal damage around you and your skeletal allies/amalgam.

I’ve loved what you’ve done with hyldrin and how her shields are absolutely incredible in a sea of health built frames

so I was thinking about a thorns based Warframe. One that wants enemies to hit him in order to deal reasonable damage. Give him tank like abilities (agro gain, increased defense etc.) and then give him a way to store all that damage within himself, to shoot it out in wide reaching, damaging crowd control abilities. This keeps him unique due to how a lot of thorns abilities don’t work at the moment, yet keeps his kit strong and fun to experiment with.

How about an amalgam Warframe?
Grineer, Corpus, Infested and Sentient parts melded into a Warframe.

Possibly a deranged mess stitched together by Alad V?
He seems like the kind of guy who would stitch random parts together just to see what happens.

It could have 1 ability themed after each race.
This isn't the ability discussion so I won't go into numbers.
However since the abilities are heavily tied to the theme I'm dropping thematic ideas.

It could have grineer explosives or a flamethrower.
Corpus energy shields, energy weapons or even a nullifier field or a jetpack.
For Infested, perhaps an Ancient-style aura? Or multiple. Would make it distinct from Nidus.
Sentient-themed "ultimate" ability could be just about anything! Adaptation? Big laser? Lots of possibilities.

Could even have a passive themed after Sentient adaptation, or something that changes depending on which ability you used.
Use Grineer-themed ability and it switches you to a Grineer-themed passive.

I also feel like it'd be appropriate for an anniversary to give birth to a Warframe with a little bit of everything from the past.

I would like to see a modern/robotic Gladiator frame,a show-off design type with very rich armor aspects to show his glory and fearlessness.

Everyone probably knows,how gladiator armor looks like (full armor I mean),now take it and make it more future,bit cyberpunk,a robotic Warframe suit.

What came to my mind,is from an old PS2 game,called "Ratched:Deadlocked" (:Gladiator in EU),I am showing this just as some base suit model (since it's not that rich like I want),I like the helmet tho.

Spoiler

123-1239307_gladiator-marauder-armor-rat

3097517-2907503437-4481-.jpg

Money/Bounty Hunter (with an emphasis on the "bounty" part) based warframe. Gameplay is centred around credits as a secondary resource, which can be collected as pickups and/or generated from kills with an ability. Money gathered this way can then be invested into buffs or used to bet on small challenges or "bounties" in a similar vein to nightwave or riven challenges (e.g. kill x enemies in a certain order, kill a specific, powerful target or kill x enemies while performing x action) which will reward a larger money bonus and a more powerful buff upon successful completion.

Edit 1: Fixed some punctuation

We're missing out on a Mecha/Kaiju frame for full anime points. Classy missile spam, roars loud enough to bowl enemies over, chunky lasers, anything works as long as there's something size related in there too. Growth might be difficult on some tilesets, but keeping it non-permanent ought to be enough to stop head bonking.

Here's my contribution (spoilers ahead):

Proposed name: Kairos

Theme: Opportunities, Seasons, and the Cycle of Life

I envision the frame shifting between four "seasonal appearances", with each "season" boosting one of the four main Warframe stats (health/shields/armor/energy) and depicting a phase of the Cycle of Life.

I see him (yes, male frame) in Spring as a youthful and agile pre-teen, Summer as a proper adolescent filled with energy, Autumn as a mature adult with bulky armor, and Winter as this wisened and shield-clad elder. As with cycles and seasons, this repeats itself in a never-ending loop.

I see him taking up the rpg roles of a sly rogue in Spring, a shining caster in Summer, a sturdy tank in Autumn, and a glass cannon in Winter. I also see him shifting through the Seasons as time progresses (not just some simple toggles like Chroma or Equinox), opening up his builds to probably suit one Season and compensating for the rest.

I can see his passive as a cyclical shifting of the Seasons, ensuring more deeper strategies are employed at the opportune moments. I also see him having abilities the change by the Season (like Equinox) and also buffing his Cycles to support his survival.

Backstory, Lore, and the Leverian: A code Obsidian (super top secret level that only Ballas and the Emperors know of it) case file for a very high concept Warframe was found by Marroo in an Orokin vault on Neptune. She tried to sell it to Baro Ki'Teer but, knowing it's more useful to us, sold it to us instead, which we reluctantly purchased.

The record, requiring access to the Vitruvian, speak of an ungodly experiment where they further compress one Warframe squad of four into a single entity with the hopes of sending only one frame that can fill-in the role of four frames. Their test subjects were a Zariman survivor, a young Lorist, a Dax soldier, and an old, disgraced Archimedian. They all underwent the Process but was placed in such a way that they will combine into one through the power of the Void, with it being kind-yet-indifferent to the four unfortunate souls stranded with each other. The resulting frame was unstable, as they shift uncontrollably between each other. The experiment was deemed a failure, but as they try to terminate the subjects, they escaped, killing so many, and acting like family, until they arrived at a courtyard where Ballas was waiting for them. With a brief sigh, he offered them the opportunity of "salvation" presenting a Tenno for them to follow. They agreed, bowed their heads, as we transferred into them, bringing them into the present through unknown ways.

Hello and Warning its bit of a read

What I think would be cool is warframe with ability to alter it's own physiology. (Cephalon based?)
Imagining something like one the cephalons, but within the Warframe and not at all so omniscient as them. (can't have all that knowledge)
One that also does support the idea to a certain extend is existence of sentients, alads mutalists and Atlas quests cephalon.
Cephalons are also very much capable of being corrupted and one being in or fused with the frame/operator would be cool aspect to explore. Hybrids are possible but never really given a body yet among the frames. (Mechanical/cephalon hybrids)
This would also potentially as altering ones body, bring alternative ways to enjoy the frame for players. Like customized playthrough.

I know there is many examples in other games and such but in warframe it just seems like its missing. Fortuna is great concept and if cephalon could have a go at it I'm sure using cephalons knowledge+techniques body that could alter oneself would be easy, it could have holo based visuals, or literal manifestation of the altered body part.

Small write up that I came up with due to the idea:  

He, no she... it? Awoke with no memories. It had seemingly been asleep, for how long? it had no idea. Lifting its right limb it saw nothing, after a moment of distress, single memory from when? it had no idea, flashed through its mind. "Imagine, Imagine, strong imagination is the key". it struggled to think something it could use to grab and it manifested, a Hand. It repeated the same process with the left limb. Next as it lifted itself up, another problem arose. it could not move. Again, using the seemingly working method it imagined something to move with and limb with blades at the end appeared, Skates.

It struggled a bit with the moving but the blades proved to be effective in fast movements. It left the ...room? it had awoken and faced the unknown world. It had no issues at the beginning. There was lot to explore and wonder but then they arrived, those cursed [redacted]. They plundered, pillaged and exploited the planet and brought harm to it.

The Beauty it appreciated vanished. Grasping to its fleeting memories of lost beauty, it found new negative strings against [redacted] and then as if by second nature the left hand turned into long slender blade, the right hand turned into sharp claws. It didn't hesitate, it knew what it had to do, but how...?. Ignoring the strange familiarity with the weapons
it charged and quickly tore through the [redacted] and was satisfied.

It was not for long though as [redacted] brought out weapons which they could fire from distance, it proved to be an major issue. It could not get close safely. Giving it another go once again, imagining and mimicking it worked through concepts. It did succeed but the blade turned into a unfamiliar weapon and the claw radiated power. With curiosity it turned its claw towards the firing [redacted] and it quickly noticed it could block some, but not all projectiles. Determination, it came as natural as if it had been deeply ingrained to it. It moved fast and acted to protect this new world it called home.

Unfortunately not all tales end well. [redacted] marched in great numbers and it was eventually overrun and the frame was lost. But [redacted] did not find the core or the operator inside which baffled them. [redacted] quickly lost interest and continued exploiting the planet as planned.

He, no she... it? awoke with no memories but with just one feeling, something has been corrupted and it has to purify it. "Awaken and fight, Tenno"

Well, something like that. I know its not great and its cliche but heck, once in a life time right?

Eh... Nekros will always be the frame I use but meh. This was a rework I thought for him but maybe there's a small chance that this idea could be another warframe. Instead of a "Dead" theme, this is a "Soul" theme. Take it how you will.

Spoiler

Some terms:
Soul-Separated: look at First Ability
Husk: Second Ability
Expunge: Fourth Ability 

Passive:
Soul stack: Nekros now collects souls of the fallen up to 100 receiving benefits with each soul stack tier reached. 

At 25, Enemies near Nekros will slowly turn into terrify state.

50, Damage reduction by X%

75, Instead of terrifying, emits a menacing aura that gradually turn enemies into "soul-separated" state.

Dead Governor: Within affinity range, downed allies will automatically rise at the cost of 50 souls. Instead of Nekros reaching down state, take 75 souls to avoid death and auto "Expunge." Cooldown of 90 seconds after an ally has fallen and a separate cooldown for Nekros.

Desecrate: Corpses within 10ms will be desecrated but at a slower rate.

First ability:
Soul Reave: Throws out his hand and stuns enemies in a cone dealing some damage. Stunned enemies will be in "soul-separated" state. In this state, enemies attack and move rate will be decreased. 

Enemies effected by Soul Reave yield more soul stacks.

Using Soul Reave on "Husk" will use up soul stacks to convert them into thralls.

Thralls can be killed by allies therefore refunding the souls.  

Up to 10 thralls can up on a time. In the case of shadows, then 7 shadows and 3 thralls.

Second ability:
Soul Shatter: All enemies in range of Nekros that are in "soul-separate" state have their souls temperately destroyed leaving the body turned into a "husk."

Will not gain souls upon killing "husks."

After some time, the soul will regenerate. The enemy will awaken but will have reduced damage, accuracy, takes more damage from all sources and slowed. 

Holding down Soul Shatter will destroy shadows and turn them into wraiths.

Third ability:
Shadows of the dead: Summons 7 tenno specters in forms of shadows with randomized weapons ranging from rifles and shotguns. Will melee in close range. Uses energy instead of souls.

Shadows will have a larger threat detection and will be prioritized by enemies.

Shadows will decay overtime.

Shadows can be healed by press 4 again and resummoned to your side.

If using Soul Reave on a "husk," instead of soul stacks, a shadow will possess the body.

The shadow possessing a husk will now be more erratic and dealing 500% more damage.

The shadow will not decay when in a husk.

The shadow will be immune to friendly fire.

Husk will also have a higher threat detection.

The husk will take damage if the shadow is resummoned or destroyed by Soul Shatter.

If the possessed husk dies, the shadow will emerge into a wraith.

Shadows can be commanded, attacking a single target or act freely.

Fourth ability:
Expunge: Using half of Nekros' soul stack to release a wave of wraiths. Number of wraiths is dependent on how much souls Nekros used in that initial half and Power strength.  

Wraiths will home in on nearby targets constantly damaging them hoping from one to another if enemies die.

Wraiths will send enemies into a stun state and will take more damage from all sources.

Enemies in "soul-separated" will take double damage, killed will lead into a normal death.

Husks will be possessed and explode, after explosion, the Husk will awaken receiving its debuffs and be in "soul-separated" state.

Wraiths life duration will expire like shadows.

If Dead Governor is triggered, Nekros will be immune to damage upon casting Expunge. Being shot at will also ramp up the damage of wraiths.

Posted this idea a while back on Reddit, figured it was worth a shot here. I know abilities aren't being considered but they were part of the original post I made. Thanks and good luck everyone!

Name: Tarot
Fates Messenger

Passive: increased thrown weapon damage (primary, secondary and melee)

Ability 1: Draw

pressing ability button once switches between card choices, holding it activates selected card (sorry, I'm a console player, but like similar to Ivara's quiver?) using a selected card applies a buff to Tarot and all team mates (based on range and duration). Card types;

Magician - Increases ability range and cast speed

Judgement - applies health regen and instant revival on death (revive works on a cool down)

Death - Increase all weapon damage

Tower - Grants enemy radar and invisibility

Ability 2: Wheel of Fortune
Cards rotate around Tarot providing damage reduction with a small chance of reflecting attacks

Ability 3: The Emperor
Increases enemy aggression while lowering their accuracy and damage output

Ability 4: Masters Hand (Exalted weapon with it's own stance)
holds cards in each hand, using them like a throwing weapon with a stance for added style / attack choices such as radial AOE (spins on the spot throwing cards in all directions)

Archived