Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

5 hours ago, (XB1)WerewolfHunts said:

You know there one eliment thats missing a water based warframe. There volt, frost, Atlas, and ember. Why not a warframe based off of water!

Who is Hydroid?

He has HYDRO in his name, casts rain, turns into puddle and rides splashy wave. Can't get more watery than that.

Make a weapon master themed warframe. Depending on the weapon the warframe holding, primary, secondary, melee, or archgun the skills will buff them. In other words, different buffs based on weapon the warframe is holding. Exalted gun and melee for the 4th ability!

I think an insect themed warframe would be pretty cool, mainly because of the huge diversity there is to choose from. Also would be very easy to have a grineer element since Earth is one of their planets and I think ants have a bunch in common with the grineer (The vast numbers, servitude to a queen, brutal tactics, so on). An ant themed frame could also fill the ideas around a summoner frame, but I think that's not quite what people had in mind.

Personally, I think a dragonfly themed frame would be reallly cool, especially since it fits in really well with the mobility that warframe tries to embody. It could also be rather versatile, since dragonfly nymphs are more ambush predators and dragonflies are more aerial hunters.

As for a backstory, I think having the frame be the result of grineer trying to build better anti-tenno weapons but backfiring, or experiments done on tenno to try and create a warframe that's easier for grineer to control(tying in with what captain vor tried to do at the beginning of the game, and falling prey to the idea of insects having small egos) or trying to fix clone rot by introducing warframe technology mixed with experimental grineer technology could work pretty well. The experiments were discontinued after the failure that is the created warframe, which was subsquently either locked away or seperated into parts and scattered to prevent the tenno from using it against the grineer, being somewhat futile cause they ended up finding it regardless. 

Create a web of doubts to decieve and puppet your enemies, Tenno. This is Arachni, the web weaver, the queen.

Arachni is centered around sending their robotic spiders to control the battlefield. Whether creating electric webs that block doorways or whispering deception in the court of the enemies, they are able to create torment upon every room they lie in. Command your royal court and decieve those that may oppose you, Tenno.

Essentially, the theme of the warframe is a spider queen, calling forth their spiders to do their bidding to control the field of play. Although the main focus is spiders, I definitely think the queen aspect should be a contributer to their overall theme and abilities. Although she has an army of spiders at her disposal, none should disrespect the power of the queen either.

Although there are previous spider themed ideas for this contest, I believe this might hopefully count as a separate theme, given the duality of her theming.

Playful Geist Warframe - "Think Slimer from Ghost Busters"

I'd like to see a Geist warframe with a playful demeanor, which can inhabit inanimate objects such as unopen chests/crates, lockers, caches, flowers, etc.  Each different kind of object which is inhabited has different attack patterns and abilities.  Think "Slimer" from Ghost Busters but put your own thoughts on it. It could be anything. Doesn't have to be an ugly slimeball.

I imagine taking control of an unopened chest and it's form changing to something like a Mimic.  Like the Warframe's energy forms arms and or mouths like in your nitemares. 

Damaging enemies while controlling/possessing a container has an effect of increasing the Credits and chance for resources to drop from the chest once the ability wears off.  This also makes the container more shiny.  

Also, they could be able to possess or stalk an enemy while unseen causing them to take more damage for a duration.  There was a similar feature in games like Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden when you died or sacrificed yourself. I imagine it looks something like Wukong's Cloud Walk but behaves more like Hydroid's Untertow and the screen changes to black, white and gray. While the enemies within your ability radius take bonus damage based on strength or efficiency.  (Could be a particular kind of damage, such as Electricity, cause "Energy")

Empath WarFrame

Creat a frame based on copying and amplifying powers of a selected team mate - and reducing any weaknesses - with stickiness... I.e., the more often and frequently you team up with the same frame type, the stronger your amplification grows - AND you reduce your teammates inherent weaknesses! So you get their buffs and they get their debuffs reduced.

The idea here is to amplify rewards for making friends and re-teaming with the same partners where both parties benefit. There is a residual weakness in that you're doubling down on the same powers without covering any missing powers... so you'll want other frame types as team members as well.

So - when you create or join a team you will need to specify which team member is your mate - so that their powers are copied and amplified in your frame and their weaknesses are reduced without impacting any other team mates. I think this could add a significant new dimension to the game while encouraging loyalty between teammates. Would be very interesting to see which frame types would be most amenable to being copied and enhanced by others and which would be shunned.

Come on - you know you wanna see how this works out... Lets do it!

Definitely should be supernatural themed. Let's get a proper ghost in here that focuses on debuffs, I mean like PROPER debuffs that actually debuff the enemy and don't provide a little gimmick on top of an effect. We have plenty of CC and offense, lots of support too but none that focus on taking the enemy strength away. I am thinking along the lines of having affected enemies share damage or punishing them for being out of position maybe even amplifying player buffs based on enemy stats (like armor/health value or number of affected).

Hexes/Witches/Hoodoo

Debilitating enemies with hexes of misfortune while protecting allies with charms and warding circles, ceaselessly watching through the eyes of a familiar, terrifying enemies with crucified allies/effigy's, executing your chosen opponents with voodoo/hoodoo doll-

Theme sentinel/operator  warframe 1st ever warframe built from operator/sentinel dna origin created  to wipe out all sentient, all factions of life prior to the great war/oldwar .however it never made it to the battle field as the frame was dismantled, destroyed, locked in void in a combine effort of all factions coming as one for this great threat as the frame is a manifestation of it controller/operator

Warframe Name:Zero

Abilities differ to the type of operater controling it ie. Using different amps or arcanes, aura, ephemera,female or male or even the related decisions made in other quest cant remember that gave you options to choose your answer or path all this will determine the out come of this frame abilities 

This frame allows players the option of a tank,dps,support or what ever they want as a main focus

Maybe a Fate/Destiny theme. Abilities could be about predicting delayed events (actually causing them to come true) on targeted area/allies/enemies/self. Sort of like what happens in every other prophecy out there, where someone learns something about the future and in the end all their efforts are the catalyst to bring about that which they tried to change.

Phoenix 

First Ability:Fire beam, a beam of light that damages all enemies in its path.

Second ability: Sun Aurora, Regenerates shields and health of all allies in its radius.

Third Ability:Solar Flare,beams of light that can target multiple enemies.

Fourth Ability:Reborn, if Phoenix dies while the ability is activated she explodes in a ball of fire damaging all enemies around her and she comes back to life.

"The Creators wanted to harness the power of the sun and they succeded so born out of it was Pheonix, she was ripped awat from her parents at a young age to be trained as a tenno, she didnt think they would try to put the power in her but in a warframe. The Creators didnt want to put in a warframe but in her instead. When she was created she hated what they did to her so she turned against them and used the powers they gave her against them. The creators then trapped her in a gas bubble thus putting out her flames and hid her away never to be seen again, now she has been found and her flames relit she still harnishes the hatred towards the creators and what they did to her and her family."

I've been saying for YEARS that we need a Warframe whose theme is simply: EXPLOSIONS?!

Spoiler

(Short clip above purely for hilarity)

I know that's not much of a theme to go on necessarily, but... we don't have such a frame, and it's been a while since we had a warframe that screamed "war machine". I'm talking a warframe that's a literal walking TANK - dishing out explosions left and right, blowing enemies to bits, all while shrugging off enemy attacks without flinching. Ultimate POWER fantasy right there.

But if you want a little more to go on, I was thinking to base it off the idea... that this frame is what led to Grineer being what they are today. Bear with me.

Back during the time of the Old War, there was ONE Warframe solely responsible for leading the Grineer to openly rebel against their masters. These genetic clones with limited intelligence didn't just organize together on their own, but it also didn't start with the two queens. As Tenno across the system turned on their Orokin master, one Warframe who had previously been responsible for watching over the Grineer worked to free them all. The Grineer once revered this Tenno as a legendary warrior that lead them to freedom and independence from their golden masters. Perhaps they didn't even realize it was a Tenno, and think it was some sort of perfect Grineer, unmarred by genetic deformity.

It was only later that the twin queens took charge of the fledgling Grineer forces and forged them into an empire that blindly served them, seeing an opportunity to seize the system for themselves once the rest of the Orokin were dead... and the Tenno vanished.

This frame can have an appearance that's similar to the basic aesthetic of Grineer soldiers, but more organic and less clunky, less scrapped together. Similar enough to give the impression that the Grineer actually designed their armaments with this warframe in mind.

If a quest were to be done for this frame, it could lead to the player character realizing that the Tenno themselves are indirectly responsible for the Grineer now harming so many innocents. Affirming his resolve to put a stop to their menace and end the rule of the Grineer. In a way, the Grineer themselves are victims, as the queens are technically former Orokin... and they had tried so hard to break free from such control.

I imagine the Steel Meridian would be among the few Grineer who even remember the story of this legendary warrior, holding him in high honor.

Theme: Light warframe.

Reason: We don't have a true light-themed warframe. The closest we have gotten is Mirage, who has the light/dark Eclipse buff and her disco ball. There is Wisp with her Sol Gate. There is Equinox with her day/night theme. 

However, we do not have anything that is really just Light itself. And I have a good idea of what kind of light this frame could use: 

The Jadelight. 

Ivara's Leverian proves that the Jadelight can be replicated or a similar power to it. We just need some frame who got blasted by it, then rebuilt itself out of that light to harness it.

If you look at my profile, I have come up with 3 warframe concepts (including one I posted yesterday) but if I have to come up with a unique warframe idea which is more likely to get submitted, I would like to see a karma/slot machine based warframe.

• ·       The name of the frame is Karma.
  • ·       It`s a female frame.
  • ·       What ever you do while ability is active will have a good or bad result on Karma and allies.
  • ·       Abilities could be based on corrupted mods e.g. critical delay, Nekros, smeeta kavat.
  • ·       Abilities could reward you based on skill.
  • ·       It visually looks similar to wisp and ivara.
  • ·       It`s a support warframe that grants all types of buffs, damage, CC, health and energy recovery, speed buff.

Ability example;

·       You target and cast an aura around an enemy if you kill it, it will be vulnerable to critical damage however if you kill it with a headshot, it will be vulnerable to status damage.

·       Killing the enemy will spread to nearby enemies with in a 15m radios, the more enemies it spreads to the more vulnerable the enemies are.

·       The vulnerability effect can also stack if you attack the enemy with multiple hits without killing it.

·       It has a duration of 15 seconds.

Here is what I want her to look like.

Spoiler

(Un) Lucky Warframe Karma by Aaronj-c

A mask frame

toggle mask to change buff or ability
versatile but should be suppres than similar ability frame

example of mask:
warrior mask(self buff) sharman mask (heal) dance mask (ally buff)

A bone-chilling avatar of death is the idea here, like a frozen death knight twisting the bones of their enemies and reaping the souls of his fallen foes to further empower himself. Eventually they will be able to fully channel the power of death and become an ethereal spectre, improving and augmenting their abilities and allowing them to drain the life out of all those unfortunate enough to find themselves nearby.

There were a few abilities that I thought of that formed the basis of this theme with the general idea of two distinct categories, bone and soul. The bone abilities would be the baseline and have a more direct and physical focus, stuff like bone spears and bone armour, that would deal and help protect from physical damage. The soul abilities would feature more resource-based abilities as well as cold focused elements, with souls, or soul energy, being gathered by killing things. Some ideas include types of auras you could maintain, like a chilling aura, death (degen) aura or perhaps one that buffs yourself with more damage, move/attack speed etc. You could also instead have the souls be used to specifically empower the bone abilities with new effects. For example, you could have an soul imbued Bone Wave afflict enemies with a soul blight debuff, at the expense of upfront damage, which explodes upon death creating a potential cascade of explosions.

On that skill basis, there was then the idea that after some set of conditions, for example by consuming enough total souls, they could enter a new form; that of an ethereal spectre. How this takes place is very flexible, depending on how you want to form to feel. You could make it so that spectre form grants greater movement speed and the ability to pass through enemies, whilst also removing the soul cost on your other abilities allowing constant use of your more limited resource for a time. A much different approach would be to have the bone skills baseline to collect souls with spectre form granting access to the soul abilities letting you switch between two distinct modes. For example, you could have the baseline bone abilities encourage an aggressive, self-buffing, melee playstyle; then you could have spectre form focus on longer range combat coupled with strong, direct damaging abilities with the gameplay moving back and forth between these two forms.

Alternately, Exalted Scythe. Don’t think that needs too much explanation. But it could also be given some interplay with the rest of the toolkit to make it more synergistic – perhaps some buff/debuff management or something.

Nuclear Power Warframe
Possible names: Cher (after Chernobyl), Curie (after Marie Curie, radiology scientist), Herschel (William Herschel, one of the first discoverers of radiation).

Cher is a walking nuclear power plant whose gameplay revolves around very high cost, but very high damaging abilities, managing your energy aswell as your meltdown gauge and radiation status on enemies. She has average armour, health and shields, below average mobility but an exceedingly large energy pool.

Her appearence is reminiscent of the grineer. Grineer-esque armour dotting her body, aswell as two long and thin ports coming out of her back, which function as both exhaust vents or a jetpack (think Overwatch pharah, kind of). Across her body are also multiple small holes that vent smoke akin to cooling towers in nuclear power plants, that flare up during Meltdown.

I know abilities are not considered in this event, but I wanna post them anyways because I had this concept on my mind for quite some time and would really like for it to come out just right.

Abilities

Passive:

-Meltdown Gauge: Cher's powerful abilities cause her core to accumulate heat. When this gauge hit's maximum she'll begin Meltdown, which makes her next ability cast energy free, transform the ability into an empowered version and completely empty the gauge ending Meltdown, but upon casting a Meltdown ability all her abilities enter a 20 second cooldown, and while she's on Meltdown she receives 20% increased damage.

-Hover: Attempting to double-jump while you have heat accumulated on your Meldown Gauge will instead maker Cher open the exhaust ports on her back, venting large amounts of heat from them, allowing her to hover while causing the Meltdown Gauge to deplete at a moderately slow rate. Cher will have full horizontal control while hovering and can shoot her weapons freely, pressing Jump again will end it. This adds a layer to gauge management while also adding some unique movement to Cher, not to mention jetpacking over enemies while throwing nukes is just pure cool-factor.

First ability - Atomic:

Energy cost: 100 base, 125 charged.

Affected by: Power strength, range and efficiency.

-Cher charges a volatile, superheated atomic core on her hand before throwing it at the target area. Upon impact the core explodes in a small nucelar blast, dealing massive radiation damage in a large area, causing knockdown near the center fading into a stagger at the edges, and with a high chance of causing radiation status. Casting this ability is a full upper body animation, but still permits movement.

-Charging: The player can hold the skill to charge it. Charging takes 2 seconds, is a full upper body animation, and slows movement while charging. A charged Atomic will have even larger damage, larger AoE, guarantee a radiation proc, cause ragdoll at the center fading into a knockdown then a stagger, and the center will deal heat damage on top of radiation damage.

-Meltdown: Cher channels the heat from her core into a multitude of compact heatsinks, ejecting them from her armour in a shower of radioactive overheated cells all around her, dealing heat and radiation damage to enemies hit.

Second ability - Elephant Foot:

Energy cost: 150.

Affected by: Power strength, range, effiency and duration.

-Cher pulls in radiation from nearby enemies, instantly clearing radiation status from them to cover herself with an armour of radioactive waste, protecting from damage ala Rhino's Iron Skin. The amount of armour gained scales with power strength, damage taken in the first moments of activation, and number of radiation stacks drained from enemies, so she benefits from applying radiation with Atomic before casting Elephant Foot. In addition to protecting her from damage, enemies near her armoured form have a chance of being afflicted with radiation. Both this radioactive aura and the initial radiation pull are affected by power range.

-Meltdown: Instead of drawing in radiation, Cher channels the heat from her core to create an unstable armour of superheated waste, which makes her completely invulnerable for a few seconds, before her armour explodes dealing heat damage around her, scaling with the amount of damage taken during invulnerability.

Third ability - Fission:

Energy cost: None.

Affected by: Power strength, duration and range.

Toggle ability.

-Cher opens the ports on her back and begin absorbing radiation from nearby enemies, using it to generate energy. While in this stance, she cannot jump, shoot, cast abilities or sprint, making her very vulnerable, but she'll steadily refill her energy bar and Meltdown Gauge as she clears the radiation on enemies. Power strength increases the energy gain per radiation stack. Elephant Foot should provide her safety while she refills her energy, but for that she must apply radiation to fuel both abilities, keep firing those nukes Tenno.

-Meltdown: Cher opens her ports to vent out all the heat from her core, quickly draining her Meltdown Gauge while releasing a steam cloud that blinds and deals heat damage to nearby enemies, while greatly reducing the accuracy of enemies outside trying to shoot a tenno in the steam. Steam cloud size and radiation drain radius are both affected by power range, while the time the steam cloud remains there blocking enemy view is affected by power duration.

Fourth ability - Fusion:

Energy cost: 200.

Affected by: Power strength, range, duration, and efficiency.

-Cher creates a miniature sun in front of her, with a gravity field that applies a moderate but steady pull to nearby enemies. Enemies a distance away from the artificial star will receive constant radiation damage with a moderate proc chance, enemies near or inside the star receive constant heavy heat damage with a good proc chance for heat. Firing an Atomic into the star will make it go Supernova, exploding it for massive heat+radiation damage in a wide area with guaranteed proc, destroying the star.

-Meltdown: Feedng the excess energy into the star increases its mass and size, turning it into a blue giant with a bigger size, damage range, damage and stronger gravity pull. Firing an Atomic into the star will not trigger a Supernova, but instead make it collapse into a black hole. As a black hole it will no longer have the heat/radiation damage aura, but instead will ragdoll-pull enemies, ala Vauban vortex but in a much bigger range, to its center, dealing massive impact damage to enemies inside it.

Don't know if it's already been said, as there are a lot of ideas here, but how about a weapons expert, sort of like a grineer equivilant to Vauban, who i consider the "Corpus Commando"  (no affiliation with my tag intended) 

perhaps with abilities like:

Grenade (as a basic ability, perhaps it can aslo be swapped to a flashbang?)

Create cover (just like those pesky grineer, you can inflate a small barrier as cover)

Sentry turret (as seen deployed in railjack, you deploy a roller ball, which perhaps you activate again to enable the turret. was thinking set health on the device, rather than duration based ability)

and my main idea behind this is the 4th ability

Something like a tactical warp... for weapons

basically, I was thinking that this warframe has a selection of unique primary weapons, that he can call upon and cycle, in order to adapt to various combat situations, which he can summon in, and switch between, using his fourth ability (like the grineer, i was thinking of him or her using a minigun, flamethrower, rocket launcher and Sniper rifle. perhaps set up and moddable as multiple weapons, or a single adaptive armament) 

and as a passive, something along the lines of unused ammo pickups are converted to energy, as well as a stat boost for the duration of battle, depending on type of ammo converted (so could boost, armour, base energy, ability damage, cost ect)

Archived