[DE]Helen

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

Hello and Warning its bit of a read

What I think would be cool is warframe with ability to alter it's own physiology. (Cephalon based?)
Imagining something like one the cephalons, but within the Warframe and not at all so omniscient as them. (can't have all that knowledge)
One that also does support the idea to a certain extend is existence of sentients, alads mutalists and Atlas quests cephalon.
Cephalons are also very much capable of being corrupted and one being in or fused with the frame/operator would be cool aspect to explore. Hybrids are possible but never really given a body yet among the frames. (Mechanical/cephalon hybrids)
This would also potentially as altering ones body, bring alternative ways to enjoy the frame for players. Like customized playthrough.

I know there is many examples in other games and such but in warframe it just seems like its missing. Fortuna is great concept and if cephalon could have a go at it I'm sure using cephalons knowledge+techniques body that could alter oneself would be easy, it could have holo based visuals, or literal manifestation of the altered body part.

Small write up that I came up with due to the idea:  

He, no she... it? Awoke with no memories. It had seemingly been asleep, for how long? it had no idea. Lifting its right limb it saw nothing, after a moment of distress, single memory from when? it had no idea, flashed through its mind. "Imagine, Imagine, strong imagination is the key". it struggled to think something it could use to grab and it manifested, a Hand. It repeated the same process with the left limb. Next as it lifted itself up, another problem arose. it could not move. Again, using the seemingly working method it imagined something to move with and limb with blades at the end appeared, Skates.

It struggled a bit with the moving but the blades proved to be effective in fast movements. It left the ...room? it had awoken and faced the unknown world. It had no issues at the beginning. There was lot to explore and wonder but then they arrived, those cursed [redacted]. They plundered, pillaged and exploited the planet and brought harm to it.

The Beauty it appreciated vanished. Grasping to its fleeting memories of lost beauty, it found new negative strings against [redacted] and then as if by second nature the left hand turned into long slender blade, the right hand turned into sharp claws. It didn't hesitate, it knew what it had to do, but how...?. Ignoring the strange familiarity with the weapons
it charged and quickly tore through the [redacted] and was satisfied.

It was not for long though as [redacted] brought out weapons which they could fire from distance, it proved to be an major issue. It could not get close safely. Giving it another go once again, imagining and mimicking it worked through concepts. It did succeed but the blade turned into a unfamiliar weapon and the claw radiated power. With curiosity it turned its claw towards the firing [redacted] and it quickly noticed it could block some, but not all projectiles. Determination, it came as natural as if it had been deeply ingrained to it. It moved fast and acted to protect this new world it called home.

Unfortunately not all tales end well. [redacted] marched in great numbers and it was eventually overrun and the frame was lost. But [redacted] did not find the core or the operator inside which baffled them. [redacted] quickly lost interest and continued exploiting the planet as planned.

He, no she... it? awoke with no memories but with just one feeling, something has been corrupted and it has to purify it. "Awaken and fight, Tenno"

Well, something like that. I know its not great and its cliche but heck, once in a life time right?

Posted (edited)

Eh... Nekros will always be the frame I use but meh. This was a rework I thought for him but maybe there's a small chance that this idea could be another warframe. Instead of a "Dead" theme, this is a "Soul" theme. Take it how you will.

Spoiler

Some terms:
Soul-Separated: look at First Ability
Husk: Second Ability
Expunge: Fourth Ability 

Passive:
Soul stack: Nekros now collects souls of the fallen up to 100 receiving benefits with each soul stack tier reached. 

At 25, Enemies near Nekros will slowly turn into terrify state.

50, Damage reduction by X%

75, Instead of terrifying, emits a menacing aura that gradually turn enemies into "soul-separated" state.

Dead Governor: Within affinity range, downed allies will automatically rise at the cost of 50 souls. Instead of Nekros reaching down state, take 75 souls to avoid death and auto "Expunge." Cooldown of 90 seconds after an ally has fallen and a separate cooldown for Nekros.

Desecrate: Corpses within 10ms will be desecrated but at a slower rate.

First ability:
Soul Reave: Throws out his hand and stuns enemies in a cone dealing some damage. Stunned enemies will be in "soul-separated" state. In this state, enemies attack and move rate will be decreased. 

Enemies effected by Soul Reave yield more soul stacks.

Using Soul Reave on "Husk" will use up soul stacks to convert them into thralls.

Thralls can be killed by allies therefore refunding the souls.  

Up to 10 thralls can up on a time. In the case of shadows, then 7 shadows and 3 thralls.

Second ability:
Soul Shatter: All enemies in range of Nekros that are in "soul-separate" state have their souls temperately destroyed leaving the body turned into a "husk."

Will not gain souls upon killing "husks."

After some time, the soul will regenerate. The enemy will awaken but will have reduced damage, accuracy, takes more damage from all sources and slowed. 

Holding down Soul Shatter will destroy shadows and turn them into wraiths.

Third ability:
Shadows of the dead: Summons 7 tenno specters in forms of shadows with randomized weapons ranging from rifles and shotguns. Will melee in close range. Uses energy instead of souls.

Shadows will have a larger threat detection and will be prioritized by enemies.

Shadows will decay overtime.

Shadows can be healed by press 4 again and resummoned to your side.

If using Soul Reave on a "husk," instead of soul stacks, a shadow will possess the body.

The shadow possessing a husk will now be more erratic and dealing 500% more damage.

The shadow will not decay when in a husk.

The shadow will be immune to friendly fire.

Husk will also have a higher threat detection.

The husk will take damage if the shadow is resummoned or destroyed by Soul Shatter.

If the possessed husk dies, the shadow will emerge into a wraith.

Shadows can be commanded, attacking a single target or act freely.

Fourth ability:
Expunge: Using half of Nekros' soul stack to release a wave of wraiths. Number of wraiths is dependent on how much souls Nekros used in that initial half and Power strength.  

Wraiths will home in on nearby targets constantly damaging them hoping from one to another if enemies die.

Wraiths will send enemies into a stun state and will take more damage from all sources.

Enemies in "soul-separated" will take double damage, killed will lead into a normal death.

Husks will be possessed and explode, after explosion, the Husk will awaken receiving its debuffs and be in "soul-separated" state.

Wraiths life duration will expire like shadows.

If Dead Governor is triggered, Nekros will be immune to damage upon casting Expunge. Being shot at will also ramp up the damage of wraiths.

Edited by DaMasque
Added the forum post I made.

Posted (edited)

Um warframe baseado no magma derretido e aprisionado nas entranhas da terra com poderes voltado para o magma e magnetismo acho que ficaria bom 

Edited by (PS4)luizjunior499
Corrigir frase

Posted this idea a while back on Reddit, figured it was worth a shot here. I know abilities aren't being considered but they were part of the original post I made. Thanks and good luck everyone!

Name: Tarot
Fates Messenger

Passive: increased thrown weapon damage (primary, secondary and melee)

Ability 1: Draw

pressing ability button once switches between card choices, holding it activates selected card (sorry, I'm a console player, but like similar to Ivara's quiver?) using a selected card applies a buff to Tarot and all team mates (based on range and duration). Card types;

Magician - Increases ability range and cast speed

Judgement - applies health regen and instant revival on death (revive works on a cool down)

Death - Increase all weapon damage

Tower - Grants enemy radar and invisibility

Ability 2: Wheel of Fortune
Cards rotate around Tarot providing damage reduction with a small chance of reflecting attacks

Ability 3: The Emperor
Increases enemy aggression while lowering their accuracy and damage output

Ability 4: Masters Hand (Exalted weapon with it's own stance)
holds cards in each hand, using them like a throwing weapon with a stance for added style / attack choices such as radial AOE (spins on the spot throwing cards in all directions)

5 hours ago, (XB1)WerewolfHunts said:

You know there one eliment thats missing a water based warframe. There volt, frost, Atlas, and ember. Why not a warframe based off of water!

Who is Hydroid?

He has HYDRO in his name, casts rain, turns into puddle and rides splashy wave. Can't get more watery than that.

I'd like to see a scavenger frame where you're looting corpses for different abilities and weapons.

Posted (edited)

Make a weapon master themed warframe. Depending on the weapon the warframe holding, primary, secondary, melee, or archgun the skills will buff them. In other words, different buffs based on weapon the warframe is holding. Exalted gun and melee for the 4th ability!

Edited by Zeave1
Just to clarify the ability

we have two energy colours 

so  kamen rider build😀😀

I have idea of Designing A Warframe with a design based on VENOM and with only Armor and no shield and health at all and its survivability depends on stacking armor by killing bunch of enemies 

THANK YOU!!! CHEERS Enjoying ur main update

I think an insect themed warframe would be pretty cool, mainly because of the huge diversity there is to choose from. Also would be very easy to have a grineer element since Earth is one of their planets and I think ants have a bunch in common with the grineer (The vast numbers, servitude to a queen, brutal tactics, so on). An ant themed frame could also fill the ideas around a summoner frame, but I think that's not quite what people had in mind.

Personally, I think a dragonfly themed frame would be reallly cool, especially since it fits in really well with the mobility that warframe tries to embody. It could also be rather versatile, since dragonfly nymphs are more ambush predators and dragonflies are more aerial hunters.

As for a backstory, I think having the frame be the result of grineer trying to build better anti-tenno weapons but backfiring, or experiments done on tenno to try and create a warframe that's easier for grineer to control(tying in with what captain vor tried to do at the beginning of the game, and falling prey to the idea of insects having small egos) or trying to fix clone rot by introducing warframe technology mixed with experimental grineer technology could work pretty well. The experiments were discontinued after the failure that is the created warframe, which was subsquently either locked away or seperated into parts and scattered to prevent the tenno from using it against the grineer, being somewhat futile cause they ended up finding it regardless. 

Create a web of doubts to decieve and puppet your enemies, Tenno. This is Arachni, the web weaver, the queen.

Arachni is centered around sending their robotic spiders to control the battlefield. Whether creating electric webs that block doorways or whispering deception in the court of the enemies, they are able to create torment upon every room they lie in. Command your royal court and decieve those that may oppose you, Tenno.

Essentially, the theme of the warframe is a spider queen, calling forth their spiders to do their bidding to control the field of play. Although the main focus is spiders, I definitely think the queen aspect should be a contributer to their overall theme and abilities. Although she has an army of spiders at her disposal, none should disrespect the power of the queen either.

Although there are previous spider themed ideas for this contest, I believe this might hopefully count as a separate theme, given the duality of her theming.

• Like 1

Playful Geist Warframe - "Think Slimer from Ghost Busters"

I'd like to see a Geist warframe with a playful demeanor, which can inhabit inanimate objects such as unopen chests/crates, lockers, caches, flowers, etc.  Each different kind of object which is inhabited has different attack patterns and abilities.  Think "Slimer" from Ghost Busters but put your own thoughts on it. It could be anything. Doesn't have to be an ugly slimeball.

I imagine taking control of an unopened chest and it's form changing to something like a Mimic.  Like the Warframe's energy forms arms and or mouths like in your nitemares. 

Damaging enemies while controlling/possessing a container has an effect of increasing the Credits and chance for resources to drop from the chest once the ability wears off.  This also makes the container more shiny.  

Also, they could be able to possess or stalk an enemy while unseen causing them to take more damage for a duration.  There was a similar feature in games like Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden when you died or sacrificed yourself. I imagine it looks something like Wukong's Cloud Walk but behaves more like Hydroid's Untertow and the screen changes to black, white and gray. While the enemies within your ability radius take bonus damage based on strength or efficiency.  (Could be a particular kind of damage, such as Electricity, cause "Energy")

Empath WarFrame

Creat a frame based on copying and amplifying powers of a selected team mate - and reducing any weaknesses - with stickiness... I.e., the more often and frequently you team up with the same frame type, the stronger your amplification grows - AND you reduce your teammates inherent weaknesses! So you get their buffs and they get their debuffs reduced.

The idea here is to amplify rewards for making friends and re-teaming with the same partners where both parties benefit. There is a residual weakness in that you're doubling down on the same powers without covering any missing powers... so you'll want other frame types as team members as well.

So - when you create or join a team you will need to specify which team member is your mate - so that their powers are copied and amplified in your frame and their weaknesses are reduced without impacting any other team mates. I think this could add a significant new dimension to the game while encouraging loyalty between teammates. Would be very interesting to see which frame types would be most amenable to being copied and enhanced by others and which would be shunned.

Come on - you know you wanna see how this works out... Lets do it!

Definitely should be supernatural themed. Let's get a proper ghost in here that focuses on debuffs, I mean like PROPER debuffs that actually debuff the enemy and don't provide a little gimmick on top of an effect. We have plenty of CC and offense, lots of support too but none that focus on taking the enemy strength away. I am thinking along the lines of having affected enemies share damage or punishing them for being out of position maybe even amplifying player buffs based on enemy stats (like armor/health value or number of affected).

Hexes/Witches/Hoodoo

Debilitating enemies with hexes of misfortune while protecting allies with charms and warding circles, ceaselessly watching through the eyes of a familiar, terrifying enemies with crucified allies/effigy's, executing your chosen opponents with voodoo/hoodoo doll-

• Like 1

A female warframe named Brachia. She has 4 arms and her passive ability could be to dual-wield melees but with an attack speed debuff (so things don't get too crazy). Not sure about the other abilities yet.

A sun theme Warframe, fire and radiation damage as the main types in its abilities. As for appearance, thinking something on the lines of heavy armor style like rhino or hildyrn. 

Posted (edited)

Theme sentinel/operator  warframe 1st ever warframe built from operator/sentinel dna origin created  to wipe out all sentient, all factions of life prior to the great war/oldwar .however it never made it to the battle field as the frame was dismantled, destroyed, locked in void in a combine effort of all factions coming as one for this great threat as the frame is a manifestation of it controller/operator

Warframe Name:Zero

Abilities differ to the type of operater controling it ie. Using different amps or arcanes, aura, ephemera,female or male or even the related decisions made in other quest cant remember that gave you options to choose your answer or path all this will determine the out come of this frame abilities 

This frame allows players the option of a tank,dps,support or what ever they want as a main focus

Edited by (PS4)C0L0SSALwar
Spelling and re-wording of words to make sense.

Maybe a Fate/Destiny theme. Abilities could be about predicting delayed events (actually causing them to come true) on targeted area/allies/enemies/self. Sort of like what happens in every other prophecy out there, where someone learns something about the future and in the end all their efforts are the catalyst to bring about that which they tried to change.

Posted (edited)

Phoenix 

First Ability:Fire beam, a beam of light that damages all enemies in its path.

Second ability: Sun Aurora, Regenerates shields and health of all allies in its radius.

Third Ability:Solar Flare,beams of light that can target multiple enemies.

Fourth Ability:Reborn, if Phoenix dies while the ability is activated she explodes in a ball of fire damaging all enemies around her and she comes back to life.

"The Creators wanted to harness the power of the sun and they succeded so born out of it was Pheonix, she was ripped awat from her parents at a young age to be trained as a tenno, she didnt think they would try to put the power in her but in a warframe. The Creators didnt want to put in a warframe but in her instead. When she was created she hated what they did to her so she turned against them and used the powers they gave her against them. The creators then trapped her in a gas bubble thus putting out her flames and hid her away never to be seen again, now she has been found and her flames relit she still harnishes the hatred towards the creators and what they did to her and her family."

Edited by (PS4)Dead_inside99
Didnt finish typing out ability

Posted (edited)

I've been saying for YEARS that we need a Warframe whose theme is simply: EXPLOSIONS?!

Spoiler

(Short clip above purely for hilarity)

I know that's not much of a theme to go on necessarily, but... we don't have such a frame, and it's been a while since we had a warframe that screamed "war machine". I'm talking a warframe that's a literal walking TANK - dishing out explosions left and right, blowing enemies to bits, all while shrugging off enemy attacks without flinching. Ultimate POWER fantasy right there.

But if you want a little more to go on, I was thinking to base it off the idea... that this frame is what led to Grineer being what they are today. Bear with me.

Back during the time of the Old War, there was ONE Warframe solely responsible for leading the Grineer to openly rebel against their masters. These genetic clones with limited intelligence didn't just organize together on their own, but it also didn't start with the two queens. As Tenno across the system turned on their Orokin master, one Warframe who had previously been responsible for watching over the Grineer worked to free them all. The Grineer once revered this Tenno as a legendary warrior that lead them to freedom and independence from their golden masters. Perhaps they didn't even realize it was a Tenno, and think it was some sort of perfect Grineer, unmarred by genetic deformity.

It was only later that the twin queens took charge of the fledgling Grineer forces and forged them into an empire that blindly served them, seeing an opportunity to seize the system for themselves once the rest of the Orokin were dead... and the Tenno vanished.

This frame can have an appearance that's similar to the basic aesthetic of Grineer soldiers, but more organic and less clunky, less scrapped together. Similar enough to give the impression that the Grineer actually designed their armaments with this warframe in mind.

If a quest were to be done for this frame, it could lead to the player character realizing that the Tenno themselves are indirectly responsible for the Grineer now harming so many innocents. Affirming his resolve to put a stop to their menace and end the rule of the Grineer. In a way, the Grineer themselves are victims, as the queens are technically former Orokin... and they had tried so hard to break free from such control.

I imagine the Steel Meridian would be among the few Grineer who even remember the story of this legendary warrior, holding him in high honor.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Theme: Light warframe.

Reason: We don't have a true light-themed warframe. The closest we have gotten is Mirage, who has the light/dark Eclipse buff and her disco ball. There is Wisp with her Sol Gate. There is Equinox with her day/night theme. 

However, we do not have anything that is really just Light itself. And I have a good idea of what kind of light this frame could use: 

The Jadelight. 

Ivara's Leverian proves that the Jadelight can be replicated or a similar power to it. We just need some frame who got blasted by it, then rebuilt itself out of that light to harness it.

Posted (edited)

If you look at my profile, I have come up with 3 warframe concepts (including one I posted yesterday) but if I have to come up with a unique warframe idea which is more likely to get submitted, I would like to see a karma/slot machine based warframe.

• ·       The name of the frame is Karma.
  • ·       It`s a female frame.
  • ·       What ever you do while ability is active will have a good or bad result on Karma and allies.
  • ·       Abilities could be based on corrupted mods e.g. critical delay, Nekros, smeeta kavat.
  • ·       Abilities could reward you based on skill.
  • ·       It visually looks similar to wisp and ivara.
  • ·       It`s a support warframe that grants all types of buffs, damage, CC, health and energy recovery, speed buff.

Ability example;

·       You target and cast an aura around an enemy if you kill it, it will be vulnerable to critical damage however if you kill it with a headshot, it will be vulnerable to status damage.

·       Killing the enemy will spread to nearby enemies with in a 15m radios, the more enemies it spreads to the more vulnerable the enemies are.

·       The vulnerability effect can also stack if you attack the enemy with multiple hits without killing it.

·       It has a duration of 15 seconds.

Here is what I want her to look like.

Spoiler

(Un) Lucky Warframe Karma by Aaronj-c

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757
15.3.20 Added pic

A mask frame

toggle mask to change buff or ability
versatile but should be suppres than similar ability frame

example of mask:
warrior mask(self buff) sharman mask (heal) dance mask (ally buff)

A bone-chilling avatar of death is the idea here, like a frozen death knight twisting the bones of their enemies and reaping the souls of his fallen foes to further empower himself. Eventually they will be able to fully channel the power of death and become an ethereal spectre, improving and augmenting their abilities and allowing them to drain the life out of all those unfortunate enough to find themselves nearby.

There were a few abilities that I thought of that formed the basis of this theme with the general idea of two distinct categories, bone and soul. The bone abilities would be the baseline and have a more direct and physical focus, stuff like bone spears and bone armour, that would deal and help protect from physical damage. The soul abilities would feature more resource-based abilities as well as cold focused elements, with souls, or soul energy, being gathered by killing things. Some ideas include types of auras you could maintain, like a chilling aura, death (degen) aura or perhaps one that buffs yourself with more damage, move/attack speed etc. You could also instead have the souls be used to specifically empower the bone abilities with new effects. For example, you could have an soul imbued Bone Wave afflict enemies with a soul blight debuff, at the expense of upfront damage, which explodes upon death creating a potential cascade of explosions.

On that skill basis, there was then the idea that after some set of conditions, for example by consuming enough total souls, they could enter a new form; that of an ethereal spectre. How this takes place is very flexible, depending on how you want to form to feel. You could make it so that spectre form grants greater movement speed and the ability to pass through enemies, whilst also removing the soul cost on your other abilities allowing constant use of your more limited resource for a time. A much different approach would be to have the bone skills baseline to collect souls with spectre form granting access to the soul abilities letting you switch between two distinct modes. For example, you could have the baseline bone abilities encourage an aggressive, self-buffing, melee playstyle; then you could have spectre form focus on longer range combat coupled with strong, direct damaging abilities with the gameplay moving back and forth between these two forms.

Alternately, Exalted Scythe. Don’t think that needs too much explanation. But it could also be given some interplay with the rest of the toolkit to make it more synergistic – perhaps some buff/debuff management or something.

• Like 1