Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

My idea is a cosmically themed Warframe like the Silver Surfer, but based on a polynesian demi-god like Maui. Has an exalted K-Drive that doubles as an archwing in Railjack missions. Maui was a trickster and warrior who was a great mythlogoical figure. He used his guile, strength and divine heritage to aid humanity and fight demons. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Māui_(mythology)

Surfing has origins as training for warriors in Hawaiian culture and is connected to a lot of other cultures religious beliefs. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_surfing

Potential in universe back story could be that Maui ( just a working name i guess) was a Warframe that battled alongside Railjack Crews during the height of the Orokins battle against the Infested attacking their spaceborn hives and eventually succumbing to the hordes of infested. He was left drifting in space waiting to be rediscovered.

Orator/Propaganda/Radio Newsreel frame

Initially a simple design by Ballas to keep the Grineer slaves in check and help regulate/ensure competition in the less industrialist markets, quickly escalating into a important lesson in the war against sentients (and the downfall of regular armaments) that morale can do what steel can not.

Twisting information, drawing interest and attention away from the true goals, puppeteering emotions of both foe and friend for the benefit of The Seven or whatever mission the frame was sent on to the point that on any battlefield the frame enters, the greatest threat might not be the overwhelming firepower, evaporation traps, space ships and nukes, but the knife in the back pocket of the person right behind you after hearing the insidious whispers.

And most of all, creating "villains" to be taken down.

A honest "If it isnt true, keep repeating it till belief in the lie twists reality and makes it true".

Drevantiar

The empty.

A frame made of energy and a master of controlling it, granting it to his allies, robbing from his enemies.

An experiment thought failed, Dax Vantiar's body was consumed, leaving nothing but some twisted, scorched armor plates. Yet, at the touch of a Tenno, those plates rose, the gaps where once there would have been flesh coursing with visible flows of the void itself. Drevantiar rose from the ashes; the weakest, and yet the strongest.

Ok hear me out, a girneer warframe. basically a makeshift warframe, grineer aesthics but the sleek designs of a real warframe. NAME: Promtheus. 

Power set based on the girneer heavy weapon focus, somewhat like mesa but more heavily ground in the weapon aspect. Meaning ammo ability, high damage ability, and etc., not to get fully in to it. contact me for more details. 

In my opinion I think this will be a great addition to Warframe. I Honestly have think about this for a long time. I even have fabricated a full quest for this warframe. I have been through 30 or more rough draft of this frame, and still think can use some improvements, but i'm not going to miss this opportunity to present my somewhat well thought out frame. So I hope you, DE, read and replie to my submit. thank you for this opportunity.

I want to see a warframe based around more long ranged, accuracy based combat. Like an elite sniper style character. Would be interesting if his role in The Old War was to pick off high profile characters, or pick off strong front line enemies. The image of a railgun shooting super-fast shells at an enemy that shrapnels when it pierces a target just makes me happy. He would specialize in large single-hit weapons, rather than rapid-fire guns or shotguns. Something like the opticor would be a good weapon of choice with him, for example.

It might be able to give some good buffs to snipers, which don't see much play outside of a couple for eidolons.

A Viper/Snake Warframe that can change its legs to a snake body for increased movement and jumping, can also strangle or grip onto an enemy for either health regen or dmg reduction or all dmg goes to the thing it grips onto,and an ability that also just focuses on the 4 toxin types like it can spit out "toxin, corrosive, viral,sleeping gas". this would be a cool warframe 

A Warframe focused on Cephalon Simaris sanctuary capture mechanic would be really cool. 

They could be linked up to the sanctuary and have abilities that summon/imitate the powers of the enemies we have scanned and they can be swapped out for new ones in between missions via a similar mechanic to how Octavia makes her songs. 

Assign every available enemy a simple 1 to 4 power metric and have their specific skill only be able to be mapped to the respective ability slots.

For example a normal lancer is a 1 and the power is just summoning a small squad of them or tossing out their grenades or something else that is weak like them. 

This could be a great scaling frame that you can get early but whose power is directly tied to how much progress you have made in your scanning collection, give an incentive to engage with that mechanic beyond completion and learning drop tables.  

Warframe:Zeta

this warframe can use a set of different types of wrist mounted guns. This warframe also wears armor can deflect shots when fired at.

passive:has a 15% chance to deflect any shot fired at this warframe

ability 1:switch between 3 different types of ammo types on his wrist.all these ammo types last for 10 seconds. Ammo type 1 are high velocity rounds that cause bleeding. Ammo type 2 are richochet rounds that bounce off any surface and enemies. Ammo type 3 are rounds that cause explosions upon impact

abilty 2:increase punch through of all weapons for 8 seconds.

ability 3:equip all allies with Zeta’s  deflective armor that gives them a 10%chance to deflect shots

ability 4:the warframe is able to deflect all projectiles and shoot all 3 types of ammo for 5 seconds. 

This warframe looks like a highly reinforced soldier with a ballistic face mask that can change to different designs with alt helmets. The body can look like any awesome design such as different looking ammo bandoliers and different types of looking armor. 

Zombie Frame. Slow movement but great strength, passive could be when enemies get too close they become afflicted with poison or maybe acid damage. The design could have broken pieces of armor dangling, cracks and chips everywhere, have a flickering glow like its running low on power.

A mechanic type warframe theme

passive: A unique moa that follows and you around and helps fight (similar to Khora with Venari)

1st : throws a homemade grenade that explodes dealing elemental damage depending on emissive color with a 50% chance to proc the element (heat, cold, toxin, electric)

2nd: toggle buff ability that can be switched between fire rate and reload speed for all players in range 

3rd: controls the passive moa with switching between roles (similar to Venari for Khora),  AOE slam (small countdown between slams) , throws less potent grenades of 1st ability (half the damage and 15% chance to proc element), rotates between providing shields or armor enhancement buffs to the warframe. 

4th: Quickly creates a small group of Domestik Drones that seek out nearby enemies and explode when close doing small AOE damage for each drone. (size of group and dame scale with level and ability strength, how long without hitting a target is scaled with ability duration)

New Warframe "Deft" (or some cool name)

The theme

• A master of defense with the best reflexes and concentration. Deft always returns enemy attacks efficiently and keenly. The defensive capabilities of the Deft during the old war could have been enough to carry out hundreds of enemy attacks alone, even to return the enemy's attacks. Then Deft always caught the enemy's attention and then fought back to reverse the tide.

• If the enemy's attack is strong, watch and parry. -Deft-

Playing off Baruk what about an truly evil frame that the operator isn't in complete control of. You have to use its abilities to maintain control over it and if control is lost the frame acts on its own attacking teammates with your weapons and power strength. So if you have a max power build everyone on your team gets one shot, if you use a really strong gun your team dies.    The only way to regain control of the frame for your team to down you and then pick you back up.

In ancient times, Queen grinir and the corps tried to repeat the success of orokin, and create a warframe by combining Kuva grinir and the corps technology. The experiment was a success , but the experimental warframe escaped, killing all the scientists who knew the secret of creating similar ones.

The theme is Ritual.

Rituals are given power through our shared belief in them, and then take on a life of their own once they become part of the language of power for all those in observance. From religious rites to the morning routine, the creation of ritual is how an act may take on more meaning than the mere sum of its parts. 

Appearance-wise, the Ritualist looks part shaman, part priest, part medicine man, part cleric, part witch doctor etc. Flowing robes, ornaments, jewelry--showiness itself, for the Ritualist is meant to be observed. 

I know abilities aren't being considered here, but while the idea is still hot in my head I'll note my thoughts here. The theme kind of doesn't make sense without considering what I had in mind for abilities anyways.

The Ritualist is based on abilities that accelerate based on the performance of itself and its allies during the ability duration. Each ability encompasses a buff or debuff to a stat that, at baseline, is small. However, while the buff is active, the affected warframes or enemies are being measured to inform the strength of the next cast.

Imagine for example the Ritualist performs something like a Maori war dance, and weapon damage is given a small buff to allies in affinity range. For the duration, if the affected allies (and the Ritualist itself) get a certain number of kills, then the next time they receive the buff, it will increase in magnitude. This buff level is pooled among affected allies. So for example, person A and person B get a buff lasting 15 seconds from the Ritualist. Person A gets 2 kills in that time, and person B gets 1 kills. The kill threshold for the buff is 3 kills, which the affected allies have met. The next time the buff is cast, it will have increased in magnitude.  

However, now person B moves out of affinity range; he did not receive the buff when cast a second time. Person A must get 6 kills during the buff duration to again improve the magnitude of the buff. Additionally, if person A does not get at least 3 kills (the previous buff level threshold), the buff goes back down a level at next cast. If person A gets 4 kills, it stays the same. 

And so: performing the Ritual of Damage prior to a slaughter enhances the next massacre. However, spamming the ritual cheapens it, reducing it's efficacy; if cast when no enemies are around, it will level down.

Rituals may also be used to terrify and intimidate enemies. Perhaps similar mechanics or even the same counter can be applied to debuffs that apply to enemies. For example, the Ritualist may give a yell to enemies in the area, reducing their accuracy. The percent reduction may be based on the current level of the Ritual of Damage. 

Either way, the idea is to give players kind of a minigame. The better they do, the stronger they get within the mission. 

Imagine an Operator-themed Warframe.

No, I'm serious. Hear me out.

Imagine a warframe that is specifically designed to channel and amplify an Operator's natural abilities in their neutral Void state. Most warframes just use the Operators as batteries, and give nothing back. This frame functions as one giant Amp for the Operator, boosting their control over the Void to phenomenal heights. All the things that the Void does naturally-corrupting enemies, warping space, dealing unresisted damage- become possible for this frame. With it's ability to finely-control the Void for spatial travel, the Operator is able to exist in a ghostly state connected directly to the Frame, halfway between a guardian angel and a ghostly puppeteer.

So what are the origins of this frame? Is it a mere puppet for the Operator? A custom-design made specifically to enhance Operator strengths in this New War? Or, given what we now know about the origins of the Frames, is this the result of a cruel Orokin experiment: A Warframe made directly from one of the Tenno?

(The last one is definitely the coolest).

MAGE WARFRAME 

Okay so for a mage frame the first ability would be one similar to equinox switching forms but it’s between the base elements or keep it basic and have it be a radial menu to just change element either way a unique skin for each element form or a accent and energy color change to match the element would be super cool. 

The second ability would be A basic attack that hurls the element at enemy with a charging mechanic for radius and damage it would share the same mechanics as embers fireball basically. 

the third ability  renders enemies more susceptible to elemental damage and procs. it would have the same mechanics as nekros’ terrify ability

The fourth ability would drop a mote similar to wisp that out puts elemental damage with high status proc. The closer to the center an enemy gets the more damage of that element it does but for allies the higher damage resistance they gain for that element . This ability would have a pretty high status proc and would share very similar mechanics to wisps motes other wise.

The passive would be a lower chance of being afflicted be a status effect.

For an augment mod have one that turns the motes into turrets that shoot projectiles with high proc and element damage. 

10 hours ago, DelterSkelter said:

A genuine plant frame would be nice. A lot of nature themes, but we have yet to have one transform the battlefield.

Oberon doesn't really count since he's a rad-paladin, you know?

Edit: To properly differentiate it from Oberon or Saryn, emphasis on themes like how a DnD Druid would play, or summoning vines and ground cover to offer CC and displacement. Visually, it doesn't have to be akin to terrestrial jungle- it could be alien like Saryn's Orphid skin, or Lua's limited plant life. Plants are adaptable, versatile and highly variable, giving a wide range of potential kits and niches. 

Flora the plant Warframe 

Archived