Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Magical Girl Warframe!

Transformation! Blind them with sparkling rainbows! Shiny! Bind them with heart chains as you choke the life out of them! Friendship! Gore them with a summoned unicorn into a wall! Use your ultimate attack and unleash the power of LOVE!*

*Love may have the power of a 10gigaton nuke.  Void where prohibited, like in the void.

Just joking about the attacks, but I think making a frame based on the magical girl aesthetic would be fantastic.  A fanciful outfit with lots of ribbons and lace and pretty colors who fights for love and friendship... but is more powerful than a tactical nuke going off.  You could give her attacks their own hype theme music! 😄

I would love to see an android/fox based warframe. It could be more on the machine looking side of frame design so there wouldn't be any fur on it. I remember getting a response from Megan on a dev stream saying something about fur being hard to put in the game.

As for looks, a foxy looking face, pointed nose and ears. Possibly a tail of some kind with a dramatic change in color at the tip. More of a feminine design, could be either male or female, think of Nezha for the body, but with more of a slender midriff.

I'll be happy with anything as long as it is fox related. I even bought the cryona syandana because it looks like a fox tail and use the inexpensive gamer emblem.

Congrats to whoever wins and I can't wait to try out the winning frame!

У нас есть эквинокс и титания, их особенность менять облик и способности. И я бы хотел видеть в игре наподобие , только в теме с животным. Фрейм который при активации способности , или наборе типо мутации, мог превращаться в четвероногое существо, да хоть бы в мини-версию джаггернаута.

What about a frame completely designed around time, I know the new frame 'Protea' has her 4th ability relating to time but what about going above and beyond with the idea. For example an ability where you can either freeze or wind enemies back in time, you could even give them an ability which can fast foward time giving every ally in a radius a speed buff 

aight we need a frame who literally just hits something with a bat so hard that the enemy spaghettifies and corpse launches across the map. and the distance scales off of ability power. Basically its just taking your problems and then moving them somewhere else. 

This is a repost of a thread in Fan Concept of a warframe idea I had months ago. 

Name: Raider

Physical Description: An insectoid humanoid with red, bulbous eyes that takes half of the helmet, with its ‘eyes’ light up behind them. Various kinds of insects orbits its at random with some perching on various limbs.

Abilities:

Passive: Using your abilities will slowly charge up your gauge for your 3rd. 

1st: Using swarms of insect to either attack an enemy - by marking them - or use them for defensive measures, giving a temporary boost to your armor.

2nd: Using the insects to latch onto enemies and drain them of their health. Longer periods of leeching slows enemies down.

3rd: Exalted Melee. Basically charged up punch and kicking moves. These however increases the gauge to activate the 4th ability. Jumping and holding 3 will charge up your kick and release to execute. A direct hit will kill target with impact damage on the surroundings, knocking over enemies within radius.

4th: Size-change: The insects swarmed into Raider, fusing with him and increases his size beyond average warframes - you can see bits of the swarmed insect on the body. In regular missions, he is about 2-3 feet taller. In open worlds, double that size - almost a giant. Movements are slowed; can power slide on enemies and your movement will stagger them when up close. Using charged up 3 kick will create a bigger and stronger radius damage that can kill multiple targets at the cost of losing your gauge faster.

So far these are all there is I can think of. Maybe someone can help me improve on them.

PS: I'm bad with names...

A jump to the sky turns into a Rider Kick.

How about a Kuva/Oro Focused Frame? Gives quite a lot of free creativity since Kuva & Oro is such a big part of the story, yet we dont know a lot about it. The Design could take inspiration from the Queens, the Fortress and maybe the Kuria too. Could maybe introduce a new system where depending on your actions your frame would shift more towards Kuva or Oro and change how the abilities act? Just throwing some ideas.

i think a female war frame that casts love.. all the enemy will follow her and give her gifts and doo her bidding, then she can step on there hearts under her heals and crush them  her name is succubus . 

A Four armed Warframe with NO ENERGY all abilities require health to use. Super machismo making big dumb poses when they casts their abilities
The ability to wield more weapons than a normal frame. Passive allows a stowed 4th weapon to be equipped but using it not only consumes ammo but health per reload.
Based on Sentients because their design strays from the norm so maybe the second set of arms would be sentient arms floating over the shoulders.

what about an inventor/artificer themed warframe that comes with a mechanical kubrow or kavat kinda like Khora. I'm thinking that the frame itself might be more of a support kind of thing, with the mecha pet being the main damage output. Maybe one of the abilities even lets you heal your pet in combat? Give it a real steampunk-looking design too, that would be pretty sweet

Since the size is important, why not get one with superman theme *? a fighter-like warframe like wukong 1st ability to fly, as if it had an archwing / mobility / channeling 2nd laser beams of the eyes / damage / channel and active: trigger button 3 ° make a turn on himself and expel the enemies around the area / control / asset 4th remain immobile, provoke nearby enemies, increase armor and cinergia with 3rd / active, cooling passive: when an ally is defeated instead of reviving it in place it can load and revive it at the same time while pressing x.

A frame which alternates between being an unstoppable force and an immovable object, with a bonus design synergy arising from having two of them in a squad playing the opposite roles.  The Object puts everything into defense, sacrificing mobility and offense for the sake of pure survival for themselves and support for their squad.  The Force does the opposite, focusing purely on offensive power and mobility at the expense of defense.  Put the two together and they can collide to devastate anything caught between them.

Lore wise, this could work as the frame of choice for a pair of twin Tenno who always fought side by side, much like Grendel and Gauss.

Probably beaten to some variation of this idea but, at this point, I don't think I'd ever catch up with the whole thread to check.

Thero - The Terrible Lizard Frame

Passive: Pack Hunter - Tenno within Affinity Range gain a boost to damage. Damage boost is greater for "Pack Leader" (Fireteam leader)

First Ability: Thagomizer - Thero whips their body around, striking enemies with the spikes at the end of their tail. Mainly Puncture damage.

Second Ability: Bird of Prey - Thero marks a target, all damage directed towards that enemy is increased

Third Ability: Trike Crest - Thero creates a spiked Targe, blocking damage in front of themselves and hitting back at nearby targets in an AoE in front of themselves.

Fourth Ability: Tyrant's Might - Thero breaks from the pack, changing form to that of an ancient predator. (Like a small Theropod.)

I'm kind of a big fan of all things Dinosaur. So I wanted to think of a frame that embodied some of my favorite dinosaurs traits. The first ability being a pretty obvious reference to my all time favorite Dinosaur, the Stegosaurus. I know, it's not very refined, but I may come back and rework an ability or two, add more detail possibly. I, also, know for a fact that I'm not the first person to think of a Dinosaur themed frame, (considering how cool Dinosaurs are, I'd be foolish to think I was) but I wanted to try to think something up without looking for other dinosaur themed frames. If I had some drawing skills I'd try drawing out what I'd imagine Thero looked like, but I don't... I may try, but nothing should be expected. At the very least, I'd imagine Thero would be a similar shape to Nidus Phryke, (Thicker upper body, down to digitigrade feet) so I might try something...

I'm thinking something Guyver 01 like, not just looks, but able to pull of something like a giga-smasher as an ultimate.  I would have said pulling off something like Giganitc, but that would be something i'd say save for a personal railjack/ archwing form.

Warframe Eros, abilities associated with the control of opponents.  The name is given in honor of the ancient Greek god.  abilities: 1. Cell - fetters enemies in a certain area by hanging debuffs.  2. The ability to increase the strength and speed of allies including pets and enslaved mobs.  3. Drains shields and health from enslaved mobs.  4 Firomony- enslaves all mobs without shields in a certain radius, makes them explode when they are near the enemy. In concept link :

It would be cool if they brought a Samurai warframe. To Warframe like its first ability should be a dash that staggers the enemy then the second ability he could slam his sword in to the ground and it could be a cold base attack that freezes the enemy for like 4s? The third ability could be that it switchs mode like he could be in a duel sword mode and the other one could be a life steal mode then his last ability could be that he summon in a duel swords or a two handed sword the two handed sword could do a masive slash in the air  and send a flying energy slash that does a total of 813 radiation damage then the duel swords could have a combo of 12 hits then its last hit will do up to 973 slash damage.

I have been think about a new Warframe design and I think that the frame should be a "Broken Prime" would of been produced too early to be adapted by the Tenno and the lore behind it is that similar to the axis during the end of WWII they needed a cheap alternative for their weapons and soldiers so the mainly used untrained civilian militia and this could highlight how the Orokin were losing their grip with their war against the sentient. I believe this would be amazing from a lore perspective and design wise it could still be obviously Orokin although not as elegant and show their transition to the Tenno. The collection process should be through new content or a quest and not through relics even though it was a prime as it shows the kind of limbo this frame would exist in.

Posting a link to an old Warframe Concept I submitted on the forums.

Since this current contest is oriented towards the THEME, I will highlight and expand on my original post.

The theme is "The Void Artist: Picasso"

Utilizing spectral scrolls and void-enhanced quills, Picasso makes an art form out of destroying enemies. With a wide array of artistic symbols and possible inscriptions, the frame offers versatility and variety of approaches to many contexts. This warframe's gameplay will allow players to turn their scribbling into various physical and elemental-based attacks. It revolves around the first ability being to summon a scroll-shield, that protects the player from damage while letting the player draw various symbols on it. Symbols are drawn on that shield using a mechanic similar to the mining tool's concept. Depending on the symbol, an attack will be produced. So a fire symbol will result in a fire blast. Writing Z z z will result in targets in a radius being put to sleep. Just 2 examples of many possibilities. The second, third and fourth skills will build upon the first, with the second skill enabling saving of previously drawn symbols so as to allow for quick access. The third ability granting buffs based on the saved symbols, instead of attacks. The fourth skills creates summoned creatures / spectres based on the symbols. 

Archived