Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Sniper frame.
Passive: auto-aiming or assistant for sniper rifles only.
1: stun grenade.
2: Buff that increases the chance of crit / status / piercing on departure.
3: dome of invisibility / noiselessness.
4: all-round attack by the summoned pistols of the Void.

The theme is based on mimicry and team support.

In the later days of the old war the tenno began organizing into squads. The mimic was a last minute, and unwelcome, addition to an elite team. 

The warframe was intended to be the ultimate companion warframe with strong abilities covering many aspecs of mimicry and adaptability, capable of working along side any of the other warframes. However, it's teammates initially rejected this strange misfit who would constantly copy the looks of others and never show them it's true form. As the war raged on, their opinions would change.

Not only did the mimic have it's own powerful abilities but when the mimic was near another warframe it would gain one of that warframe's abilities. When near multiple warframes it could get an ability from each one but only one could be active at a time.

This ability soon proved invaluable. This was partly because if a situation called for a specific tenno ability to achieve victory, having the mimic around immediately doubled the number of team members who could wield it. Not only that, but when the mimic was utilizing someone's ability that person's own ability would get a buff. 

But, it didn't stop there. Being a warframe can be a lonely experience. No one else truely knows what it's like to have the unique powers you have. However, with the mimic they found someone they could talk to and relate with. 

The mimic also had the ability to copy the power from it's enemies/prey. When near enemies with shields, for example, the mimic's own shields would not only increase but the mimic would also gain an advantage against his mimiced foe. It shared this advantage among it's teammates. 

The mimic could not only copy the look of it's squadmates but also copy the look of his enemies/prey. This was crucial in situations requiring subtlety and also allowed the mimic the opening it needed to draw life energy or strength from it's foe. With this it could replinish its health or even buff speed. As always, it was a gift it would share with it's squad mates. A practice that saved lives.

After it's addition to the squad the casualty rates dropped significantly. And, the mimic found a home. Due to it's shapeshifting powers and shy disposition no acurate depiction of the mimic currently exists. Only it's squad members/family in arms ever saw it's true form.

I want to see a punch through themed warframe. I envision this warframe being a cyclops, with one huge eye that would also fire its abilities. Its a cool stat in game and is hardly used. this warframe would have a passive that gave extra punch through and would increase damage as more distance was punched through. first ability would be a charge-able laser, with charge increasing damage and punch through. Its second ability would give x-ray vision, sort of like how the zenith works. third ability would increase punch through further, and add a passive damage type like radiation. fourth ability would buff the second and third ability, and drastically decrease the charge time of the first, allowing for a burst of lasers that could punch through large parts of levels, devastating enemies as it tore past.

I think it'd be great to see a warframe, that was specifically designed to hunt other warframes. Not like the Stalker, because that's some vengeance stuff or something.

A warframe called Orion, the lawbringer. Primarily has abilities based on de-buffs and defensive capabilities. When you're the top hunter of the system, who do you have to fear? Orion.. I always imagine him as a humanoid wearing a battle/utility suit with large metallic armor on one arm and his upper body.

"The Tenno, hunters of the scourge that plagues the solar system. Who is there to fear when you're at the top of the food chain? Meet... Orion."

Theme : Mimic Warframe
================================
MORPHISTO:

"Trust no more what you see, Morphisto is probably there! Tank, healer, DPS, support, Grinner, Corpus, Corrumpu, infected, Sentient, the Stalker...
or You, Tenno ! He can be everything he sees, touches or kills...
"Hey Kiddo" resounds in your head when your doppelganger faces you, a feeling that doesn't seem unfamiliar ...

All factions fear Mephisto, their worst nightmare... Watch your back! "Knock knock... it's too late..."

Master of Copying, God of Confusion and Malice. This warframe based on his ability to Mimic is capable of adapting to any circumstance. His trick is to be able to blend into the mass by taking on the appearance of an enemy. It is also capable of copying a teammate's equipment.

================================

Morphisto, what is it?

a brand new stealth mode system
adaptation to its environment
the ability to play factions
to become the enemy's biggest nightmare...

"They all seek for war. Their thrill is in battle. But I know better. I know different." - Thophalon, The First Cephalon/Warframe Experiment

Thophalon is a Warframe that relies on knowledge for efficiency, instead of raw power. He has an innate small Cephalon companion (similar to Khora having her own Kavat), but instead of "helping" in battle or something of the sort, it increases his Warframe abilities and stats, as well as himself through knowledge. He fights not firstly with his fists, but mostly with his mind. He is keen to seek for enemy weaknesses and common locations and how to exploit them, as well as explore. As he fills his Book of Scientia, he understands more and better on how to deal a critical blow on his enemies. At the end of each chapter, he writes a conclusion, allowing him to deal stupendous blows and avoiding potential traps and tricks from those enemies. Plus, where they can be usually found. 

Now, hows does this exactly work? Through scans. That's right. This warframe relies on knowledge (scans) to get stronger. The way it works is, the more you know about the enemy, the better you know about its weaknesses, thus, "increasing" your overall strength against that particular enemy (let's say, Grineer Bombard, Corpus Crewman, etc..). In other words, the damage you deal, or the strength that you have, will be increased (in a potentially balanced way) by how many successful scans you have on that particular enemy. My idea for Thophalon, is for it to not simply rely on mods to be stronger, but from something else as well, hence, the "knowledge" (scans) thing. I think that it's actually a very interesting concept for the game, since there's pretty much no Warframe that seems to be like that (as far as I know).

The reason behind this, is because, I feel as if "scanning" and exploring is... irrelevant. Or at least, not that relevant. It's purpose seems only to fill the codex. Let's lift that up!

I love wide open spaces (wish there were more Plains of Eidolon/Orb Vallis/[Insert another open world level here]), and I love to explore every corner of levels and et cetera. Now, what if we could add a Warframe that ACTUALLY benefits from all of these scans? What if, you now actually have a proper warframe to hunt those annoying Caches in Sabotage (and etc), missions, and whatnot? What if now, it'll be easier to also scan for resources, too? I feel that Thophalon can be an amazing addition to the game, and perhaps, also expand more on the backstory on how the Cephalons came to life and who/they are (the info that I've seen in-game so far, is too cryptic and there's not much coherent/defined information about them - it's stories are scrambled throughout different quests and the rest are only speculations).

And as I've mentioned before, he should also benefit from scanning resources and objects. Perhaps, his Cephalon companion will randomly find and mark/scan resources for him automatically? Or double scans on resources for a percentage? This could also work for enemies.

Thophalon = Thought/thinking + Cephalon. [not sure what I should've named it]

- If I think, I learn. If I learn, I know. If I know, I think.

Void Demon theme with eldritch horror thrown in.. 

A formless shape shifting mass constantly changing forms that is capable of stretching its limbs similar to corrupted ancients. It can mimic or engulf enemies dragging them into the void through walls floors or the ceiling to convert them into corrupted versions of themselves.

Seeing a Warframe that has the ability to command a horde of creepy crawlies would be interesting, seeing as most people are afraid of stuff like spiders, centipedes, beetles, etc. i don't a problem scaring that fear of God into the Grineer and Corpus. And that being said, if the Warframe can dissolve into those insects for a short span of time, it would be cool to run around as a horde of said insects and each enemy that walks in your puddle/path of insects gets slowly eaten alive by those insects.

I have thinking before about a dark warframe that uses darkness and shadows for good.

Just an idea,

Onyx, the master of dark. Warframe of shadows.

Passive: in dark spots, Onyx is invisible

First ability: creeping fear: Onyx slams the ground with dark energy, grabbing any enemies in a cone shape in front of him and pulling them in. (25 energy)

Second ability: dark orb: Onyx throws a ball of dark energy forward that grabs any enemy it touches and takes them with it until it hits a wall, on which it explodes. Can be reactivated to explode manually. (50 energy)

Third ability: shadows cloak: creates an aura that cloaks any ally. (2 energy per second per ally, including self)

Fourth ability: dark pit: Onyx creates a dark pool around him that slows and drowns enemies. The higher the enemy level, the longer it takes to drown. (100 energy)(works on charges)

a Manananggal themed warframe (a vampire like creature from Philippine folklore that fly once they are separated from their lower half of their body) ..a warframe that could separate from their lower half and fly off.  So we could have multiple abilities for each mode with its ult as separating from its lower half. so when its on flight mode it could only use its claw but with lifesteal, actually Im just thinking of a mix between Titania, Garuda and Valkyr. you could also add Ai to the lower half to make it like a moa so it could still move around kicking enemies xD once you are separated from it.

In light of Self-Damage Removal, I would like to see a BOMBER FRAME in-game!

We already have a tactician (Vauban) in-game and a tech frame (Odalisk) in development. Now, imagine a warframe that specializes in BLOWING THINGS UP.
Equipped with arm cannons that can launch a variety of bombs, this warframe leaves nothing short of widespread destruction in its wake.
A demolitions expert with superior handling of the game's AOE weapons, this warframe is nimble and impervious to stagger from explosions.
Misery loves company; upon dying in combat, this warframe self-destructs in one final attempt to bring its adversaries with it.

Names that come to mind are HAVOC, SPARK, and RIOT.

Proposed Aesthetics : Cyber-Punk / Spikey Rivets & Mohawks? / Neon Colors on Metal & Black

AP / PASSIVE ABILITY : Demolitions Expert
    - Faster fire rate and reload speed for AOE weapons
    - Reduced Radial Damage Falloff for AOE weapons (meaning, more radial damage)

Unique Rolling animation : HAVOC instead launches forward a short distance (much like Limbo and Hildryn)

A1 / 1st ABILITY : Proximity Bomb
    -Launches a proximity bomb that can stick to surfaces.
    -Additional effects can be equipped and cycled:
        >Stun : Temporarily disorients enemies, leaving them vulnerable to finishers
        >Thermite : Heat Proc
        >EMP : breaks shields and nullifier bubbles
    -A limited number of bombs can be carried; bombs will slowly replenish over time.

A2 / 2nd ABILITY : Reactive Shield
    -HAVOC strengthens shields, increasing damage absorption and becoming immune to Stagger.
    -Each time the Reactive Shield is damaged, it increases the bomb replenishment rate.
    -When depleted, the shields explode, applying AOE according to the currently-equipped bomb effect from A1

A3 / 3rd ABILITY : Escape
    -HAVOC enters stealth for a short time, drastically increasing shield recharge rate.
    -Escape can only be used when HAVOC's shields are depleted.

A4 / 4th ABILITY : Double Trouble (Exhalted Weapon)
-HAVOC wields dual arm cannons that launch sticky bombs.
-Bombs can be detonated by:
    >Pressing alt-fire (ala Silent Bomber)
    >Melee-striking or shooting the bombs (like Saryn's spores)

Sacrificial/Aura themed.

No energy pool. No shields. High armor and health.

Uses health as a resource to buff and debuff in aura visual to indicate which effect is active(ie. Like increase damage or armor for allies).

Gains x% of health based of enemies killed by allies with buffs applied.

Theme: Fear itself.

A Warframe (with a creepy and badass appearance) that represents the mere concept of fear. 

A Warframe that uses fear and madness to massacre his enemies in gruesome ways, turning the battlefield into a terrifying slaughterhouse.

Since we have a dragon Tenno as Chroma (and his primed variant, which I love), I was thinking that a dinosaur Tenno would be cool. (Why aren't there dinosaurs in Warframe? Can we get some fossils in the caves in the Fields of Eidolon please?) So I did a rough drawing and coloured it, which isn't one of my strong points, but I think it looks pretty good! 
40d5062c3216d54a285a403bf502bd41.jpg

So this is Ancient. She's an Warframe that has a couple of cracks and chips in its armour from use, but she can still kick ass. She'd play like a tank, with strong armour and high health and shields, but she's slow. She wouldn't be able to jump as high or run as fast as the other Warframes, but she'd be able to deal our more damage than she'd take. Would it be possible for her to use her tail, jaws and claws as a melee set if no melee weapon is equipped? (I'm asking because my computer isn't the best, and I'm not a great shot, so melee is usually my go-to in a fight.) As for backstory, I don't really have one except that she's a mix of the memories of the past and the hopes of the future, fighting in the present.

So, abilities... Ancient has powers over time due to her dinosaur design. (Which will probably be a pain to program if you go with her. Sorry!) 
Vague ability ideas:
1. Slow-mo: Slows down any enemy in a certain radius.
2. Rewind: Winds back any timers or clocks (like execution timers in rescue missions) to the amount of time on them when they started counting down.
3. Stagger: Rapidly ages targets in front of her, draining their health for a set amount of time. (Ineffective on Robots, because they can't die.)
4. Paradox: Summons future versions of herself to fight alongside her (like spectres). This would drain the energy bar in the same way as Chroma's pelt sentry.

So I think that's everything! Thanks for looking over my weird (but hopefully wonderful) submission!

How about a Warframe based on Swamps, Bogs, and Corrosive environments? Has acid fog abilities, entangling vines to choke the enemy, maybe a limited form of a large bog creature that you would see dragging people into the waters never to be seen again?

Archived