Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Personally I doubt mine will get picked but I’ve always wanted a grineer themed frame, all abilities are focused around explosives and blast. We have a frame for all other damage types except blast I’m pretty sure. Whatever gets picked I’m excited for!

An orokin themed frame would be great.

Backstory idea: A rogue orokin was being hunted by his kind, to escape them he found a way to use transferance to infuse his consciousness with a warframe vessel

His abilites could be themed around corrupting enemies making them attack eachother or crowd control them

Fun FUN FUN and LAUGHS! 

A frame all about playing with your enemies. They dance around when casting their abilities which are some what wacky in nature. With duration based Crowd Control abilities that end with high damage, they make the greatest parties this side of Orogin System! None of their enemies nor allies can really tell why the Orokin made this jolly frame, or even what some of their abilities actually do. But they cannot deny their effectiveness on the battlefield. 

They'll keep everyone on edge, not knowing what will happen next as they dance, hop, skip and jump. Making mayhem in their way. 

Are you going to dance like you are told? Or lose your head, Tenno? 

I WANT A MALE SPIDER TYPE FRAME

Spiders tend to have a theme of being hard to see, mobile, deadly, and have websss so here's my idea

High shields

Average health

Low armor

slightly above average sprint speed

average energy

Passive: The warframe will wall latch automatically if you wall run or hop, you can jump off, and you are invisible while standing still on walls

1. Throws out a web that entangles enemies and wraps them up, it will be very brief lasting a few second and having enemies try to break out, stronger enemies breaking out faster, so maybe normal enemies get stuck for 6 seconds and things like heavy gunners get stuck for 4. it will have 2 different versions a click and hold where the click just throws it out in a cone in front of you and the hold will create a web section in the map for more energy. 2 enemies per corpse can be attracted to the webs but at a % chance, and if enemies get lured in they will be stuck for twice as long, if they don't go into the webs they will have a brief distraction period and if you put a web in a door way or something it will slow enemies by a small amount if they walk through it and if they die while in that area they will become a corpse in the web. Also the webs will act almost like the tethers or nidus infested so it molds and reacts to the environment. Enemies who are stuck and still alive can be killed the faster you kill them the more stacks it will give you, so for each second you don't kill the enemy you slowly lose percentage of a stack, if you kill an enemy immediately you'd get 75% towards a stack but if you wait until the last second you'll get 25% towards a stack. stronger enemies give double the amount of corpse stack %. will consume a small amount of energy depending one how many enemies you hit it will increase energy consumption but by a 4th of the original cost

2. a toggle ability that makes the warframe a bit faster especially when bullet jumping, gives him a longer wall latch time, and lets the warframe see a bit through walls like the codex scanner highlighting weak points, and reduces his ability to be seen like the rakta dark dagger but slightly better. and gets a shield recharge boost. Any enemies lured in by your 1 will quickly pulsate while this ability is active, will drain energy slowly. Also will show you how many corpses are in your webs, there should be a cap maybe like 30 or so.

3. Hold to activate,summons a bunch of tiny spiders to either bite enemies weak points and create a bump or something like that that glows or turn dead corpses stuck in webs into tiny health regen and small shield recharge boosts for the warframe or teammates, after the spiders suck the corpses of health or shields for a given duration the body will evaporate and leave ammo behind and take a corpse away from the corpse count. To use the ability you will need at least 5 stacks and its a toggle that slowly drains your stacks. if enemies are biten they will take more damage from weak point shots and spread the status of these enemies to other enemies that are close when you "blow up" the bite marks you will be able to mark enemies by tapping the ability button while its active, as well as webbed corpses. If you kill an enemy who is bitten they will have a 25% chance to drop an energy orb and killing bitten enemies by hitting the bite will add a stack to your meter.Also when you use your 1 the spiders will automatically attach to that target but will have a small burst of drain to your stacks.

4. this will wipe the slate clean, all your webbed corpses that aren't used will be automatically evaporated and the number of enemies will determine the stack amount letting go of the buffs and ammo for more stacks but to enhance the rest of your kit. this will wipe away all your webs created by holding your 1 so youll need to recreate your webs and start trapping enemies again. all corpses will leave bonus ammo, not a lot but a bonus.

this will scale kinda like stack with nidus you'll have a meter or something that counts the amount of enemies you have devoured. the more enemies the better the buff for all your abilities, your 1 will have a debuff on enemies that makes them weaker, lowering their defenses a bit depending on the faction, you 2 will allow you too see further through walls and give you a longer wall latch time etc, your 3 will give you more spiders to suck defenses from enemies and make weak points do more damage and spread further to other enemies. all the abilities will scale with stacks

The point of the gameplay loop for this frame is to web people up and kill them for stacks, use your 2nd to plan a bit ahead for enemies and see vital spots, kill enemies use stacks to summon spiders to increase your survivability for you and your team possibly, and increase your stacks and damage even more by killing enemies, eventually you'll cap the amount of corpses and refresh adding stacks and making your abilities more useful but restarting and losing the amount of dead corpses and buffs, this makes you a bit vulnerable but also more powerful and the goal is to always be capturing and killing enemies with precision. you dont want to get hit a ton, cc and hit and run tactics will be important, and managing when to  use your 4 and get a chunk of stacks will be important and doing it at the wrong time will penalize you.like harrows ulti. for visual effects for increased stack i think having like webs show up on parts of the frame would be cool, like hanging off of parts of his body almost like torn bandages or something, also your webs should glow the more stacks you have so at base theyll be very dim and slowly have bright spots where the enemies are or were killed something like that. The 4 buff will increase stacks heavily but also make it easier to kill and build stacks so youll want to keep doing it until you reach max stacks the more enemies the more stacks, so you dont want to spam it but you dont want to stop doing it either because the more stacks you gain the more effective your kit will be.

I know i am not creating the looks but if he could be average muscular build kinda like excal and hopefully with some kind of coat.

WARFRAME: Amarok (working title)

An Amarok, or Amaroq, is a gigantic wolf in Inuit mythology, said to stalk and devour any person foolish enough to hunt alone at night.

Description:
The frame will have a Werewolf theme, combined with elements of Native American mythology. 
It will have an anthropomorphic appearance, with possible fur-like aesthetics.
Potential abilities and features can be 1.) a toxic inflicted swipe of the paw or bite, 2.) howling to shatter enemy armor and/or stun, 3.) a lunar phase indicator which gradually fills up to "full moon" and allows the frame to visually evolve into complete werewolf mode and go down on all fours to pounce and hunt, gaining speed, enhanced vision of enemies, and/or invulnerability, 4.) Tomahawk Exalted Weapon, also capable of being thrown and returned.

SPIRITSHIFTER WARFRAME! I'll call him Draqul for this presentation!:3

Works a little like a shapeshifter, but instead Draqul takes specific traits from its enemies or perhaps some of the existing wildlife/creatures around in the lore. Say a Kuaka for example, Draqul would become cautious, agile, evasive and jumpy, but at the cost of survivability and attack damage. Another example, Draqul could take the spirit of a Stover - fierce, durable, strong and fast, but not very smart (Perhaps while in this spirit the player would be stripped of all weapons and only allowed to use an exalted weapon which the looks of also depend on the spirit Draqul currently wears, like Stover's mighty claws, or only be allowed to use melee weapons and have no shields!). And hey, there's another idea - Draqul's spirit could of course be the matter of a choice, but it could also be chosen depending on Draqul's recent activity, as in the types of damage taken, the kind of weapon choice, how much they player moved around - but this is just an idea I'm throwing in (Don't consider this if you hate the idea), maybe it can be adjusted without ending up as annoying as it sounds! But aside from taking the spirits of Warframe's wildlife, Draqul could also falsify the spirit of its enemies by either adjusting stats, or perhaps even being considered friendly by the enemy itself. When it comes to visuals, I'm not much of an artist so I won't include any (Although I'd love to), but something pelt-themed perhaps? Less of the metallic theme we're used to, and more of the Excal Zato Deluxe vibe. Hey, perhaps when Draqul changes spirit forms, the pelts unwrap and unveil Draqul's true form underneath, and for a second they start flying around Draqul as if they're purpose was to be changing room curtains. Lore-wise, I was thinking it could somehow be tied to, naturally, the conservation program?

And those are my two cents!

Data-Corrupted/Glitch Frame, intangible data given material form. Maybe with a sinister aesthetic.

One possible skill could allow him to 'glitch out', causing bullets or lasers to phase through him, either as a set duration/energy-draining toggle or a chance proc passive.

Could give the term "virus" a new meaning too. Maybe a Trojan horse virus kinda thing

Hello everyone. My idea would be a warframe that changes form when is being attacked similar to the mod Adaptation but he physically changes its form much like the pokemon Ditto if hes being atacked by lets say corrosive his skin starts to leak pores and is taking lower dmg from the next corrosive attacks he would be a small warframe coz we dont have a really small warframe if i dont count titania's 4 it would be great if he had some sort of a liquid form witch is inside some shell we have seen utility belts wings appearing a dragon comming out of a warframe so why cant we have a liquid one that changes form thanks for listening me out much love <3 

Scatter throughout the void you hear her calling. "Never lower your guard." The meaning is clearly a warning. Pieces of a craft from ages past drift with the phrase carved into their walls. Amongst them even the shadows seem restless as if they were ready to drag you away. Silent is the path through the ruined remnants with but a single glimmer. A shield catching the faintest light of a distant star. As you approach she calls "The shadows hold many memories. Even my own could not escape there grasp." You go to pick up the shield and are suddenly grabbed by the shadows beneath your feet. The piercing and maniacal laughter screams through the abyss you have surrounding you. "And now the shadows may claim yours!" Disoriented and weak you awaken back on the orbiter with a new found affinity for the shadows and feeling that Lua and the sentients may hold the answer to who she was.

You arrive at lua and sudden feel no connection with your warframe. The structuresbefore you feel familiar and present a sense of dread as your get closer you use the shadows to conceal your presence from the sentients that patrol the building. You come up to a small cell with restraints on the wall. She speaks to you. "these walls... This place.." you search the remains on the floor of what was once a warframe. Finding the shield and a small gemstone of which tendrils of shadows seemingly pour out of. " I thought if I helped them they would let me go. Instead they trapped me with this small crystal. Little did they know i was not to be a sacrifice, but a friend of its darkness. A lover of the wander, a mistress of lune."

Notes: A warframe themed around controlling shadows. Using shadows to trap and control her opponents and a shield made from the crystallized surface of lua to allow her to harness the power from the celestial body. Tortured by those who destroyed her home and then sacrificed to their god.  

I want to play a wf with a lot of ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Type: Female Tank, like inaros… 

Theme: Demonic or dark spirit that manipulates love. She has a curse that she never could have love. It gets her thirsty. After she exalts their blood by swelling their hearts, she drains their blood. Elevating herself to be worshipped like a goddess. You never will be heartbroken with her, only obsessed.

As for her body design, i would not want her to be seductive at all. Should look haggard and ancient, maybee veiny like a realistic heart. To show how long she has been cursed and thirsty, that her powers are pretty blinding and seductive on its own. 

Since abilities are not being considered in this stage.. my ideas for hers are obvious but I tried my hardest not to state them outright. ┐(´д`)┌ 

Warframe Theme: Time

Chronos

Chronos is a warframe based on manipulate times and its surrounding. it can act as defensive support warframe as it does not have offensive ability to kill enemies this is and idea warframe to based on how the players going build/mod him smartly. To acquire all this warframe blueprint one must survival long enough in Void(MOT).

Passive: Chronokinetic Combat
  • Utilize manipulation of time to enhanced in combat making enemies attack sometime does not hit the warframe something similar to Baruuk(ability 1)
Ability 1: Time Capsule
  • Activate to cast a wave of shadow time stealing, for each enemies kills within the range, time is being store(per second). HUD having it look like Harrow(Thurible ability),Effect having a giant steampunk Clock similar to Baruuk(ability 2)
Ability 2: Timestream Stasis
  • Activate to stasis all enemies within the radius with the amount of time being stored Time Capsule(ability 1)
Ability 3:Times Shift
  • Select to accelerate time or decelerate time within the radius with the amount of time being stored Time Capsule(ability 1) something like Nova
Ability 4:Temporal Rewind
  • Rewinding the time with the amount of time being stored in Time Capsule(Ability 1), enemies within the radius will move backwards like upcoming warframe Protea(ability 4) also Allies within the range, their health, shield and energy will be back to its original states, Downed Allies(Bleedout time) will also be affected by it for Example: Time Capsule(ability 1) stored 30 second allies bleedout time is left 20 second by using the ability Temporal Rewind(ability 3) it return the allies back but it cannot resurrect those who are already dead.

Thanks for taking your time to read thru. 

A lot of other people have clamored for it and I might be echoing their voices but I'd like to provide some context and clarification.

A Summoner Warframe

First of all, let's examine what we already have and why it's good and why it's bad

Nekros' Shadows of the Dead/Nyx's Mind Control/Ballistica Prime's Innate Ability/Revenant's Enthrall - anything that uses the enemies against themselves

Firstly these are very standard and are okay-ish in concept, but poor in execution, they suffer from the AIs poor strategizing and they're mostly used as fodder/meatshields, they have short lives that makes them mostly useless and their lack of personality makes them forgettable.

This is not the summoner I'd idealize and we should take a step further from these.

Atlas's Rumblers/Nidus' Maggots/Vauban's Rollers/Octavia's Big Roller

These finally have some personality and aren't just fodder, but they're mostly skills that move around and not really pets/summons (except for the Rumblers). I think that should really set a summoner is how they value their summons.

Khora's Venari/Wukong's Twin

This is closer to the ideal. With the inclusion of Venari's story in the scannables, it makes you closer to your summon, Wukong on the other hand has a smart AI, and has an actual effect on the game whilst not being a skill that moves around.

So what do I(we) want?

The most important is we should be able to, to an extent, feel something for our summon, kinda like how since Venari is an extra pet, you value it.

The summons should have proper AI and unique attributes and shouldn't just be a skill moving around.

To get the summoner feel across, make it so half our power comes from the summons.

Must be permanent summons, sure they can die, but absolutely under no circumstances is it right to put a timer on them.

I've seen some ideas thrown around that are good.

A Military Commander/General

He brings his own squad with him and maybe you could equip them yourself but from a limited pool only (maybe only secondaries)

He has some sort of healing ability (maybe as his 2nd) that regens his squad, or a healing passive (maybe a lifesteal link)
He can be a Grineer Warframe who has clones of himself (but are not just "Astral Twins" or something, they should have personalities)

A Mechanic/MOA + Osprey Master

He brings with him mechanical toys that have unique abilities, and you don't have any "on command abilities" but can cycle through what your mechanical buddies do, kinda like the Venari skill

A Geneticist/Biologist/Gotta Collect Them All

He has an exalted "pet(companion)" slot and he can pick from a unique roster of pets that are determined based on what he has in his codex, eg. a unique Grineer Soldier he made himself, but please not the current liches, something fun and creative, I trust in you DE

Anyway TLDR, what really makes a summoner fun to play is the connection you have with your summons, it's not enough that BAM, here you have 10 Grineer Lancers with you, they have to have personality and have to be unique so that you feel you have a connection with them

*Some notes, the warframe ideas above can be female as well

I would love to see a weapons focused frame, with a Punisher vibe ^^

He could jam enemies weapons, improve his weapons and aim, carry more guns I don't know, have an ability that summons a random gun, or changes his weapons just like the hero does in Vanquish !

Enslavement of matter and its further use for creation and destruction.

Originally created to restore peace after the war, but the war is still on and the goal is the goal. The goal is to restore peace after the war, so in order to get closer to the goal it is necessary to put an end to the war.

Okay, so my idea is Warframe based on Siren from greek mythology. I will refer her as she, because Sirens were women. One of her abilities could be about how sirens seduced their preys which could depend on range. My another idea, was that she could have origins at Uranus because of the sealabs. That represents the water which sirens lurked in. Also her ability could something do with water. Because of it, my another idea (again) is that water (in Eidolon or Orb Vallis) won't bother her. So, yeah, that's my idea and I hope you like it. 

Knight with claymore exalted weapon, slow and meticulous movements, noble posture.

(Sword and shield exalted would be nice also, with a shield charge or some sort of face first crowd disruption)

XenoMorph Warframe

Imagine if you will a Warframe that evolves with Levels.
A warframe that has a growth cycle from larve to full killing machine.
From the first level until the max level your warframe goes through stages
of evolution. From new to fully grown in 30 Levels.

Backstory:

Long before the Orokin adapted the Warframe as we know them, there was a natural
species that they captured and experimented on, these beings were the beginning and for the time,
they were the Orokins guard dogs, enhanced with what would become the warframe technology.

But they were flawed, having to live through several life cycles, the next one more vicious then the previous.
Starting from a larve, having to kill and absorb the life essence of their enemies to grow.

The fully grown members of these guard dogs having to be put down as they would turn on their masters.
But Time had forgotten them, their lives abandoned and left in cryo sleep until now...

This is a men warframe inspired by the snake theme, lamias and nāgas. The main feature is the adaptation to the changing conditions of battle. Hes abilities can work in close conjunction for a more intense gameplay .
He also has a new way of completing espionage missions by pretending to be one of the grineer soldiers, corpus soldiers, or even Sentients.

Nagayn is a highly flexible warframe that can adapt to changing battle conditions.
Nagayn is focused on supporting the team and stunning the opponent. Having mimicry ability, he is also well suited for hidden play.

Passive ability: when receiving status damage, Nagayn gains invulnerability to It for a few seconds.

Shields 25 (125 at level 30)
Health 100 (300 at level 30)
Energy 150 (225 at level 30)
Armor 500
Running speed 1.15

1 skill: Membrane.
Protective form: Nagayn plunges into the enemy's body, controlling him for hidden movement in location without fear of being detected. (using skills or weapons will give you away).
Agressive form: Nagayn throws his membrane on the enemy, forcing opponents nearby to attack him for some time or until the death of the selected target.

2 skill: Sweetsong.
Protective form: Nagayn enchants enemies in the kill zone with song, forcing them to surround themselves with a protective circle, replacing his shields and absorbing some of the damage Nagayn received.
Agressive form: Nagayn makes a scream, deafening enemies, which also cuts off the armor of targets in area.

3 skill: Panacea.
Protective form: Use a painful poison bite on the target, the bitten enemy will be disoriented and surrounded by a cloud of poison gas, dealing damage to all enemies nearby and healing team members by a percentage of the damage received by enemies.
Agressive form: The bite deals more damage, but also causes nearby enemies to destroy the bitten target, which reduces the healing the Tenno receives.
(You can use a bite on an ally to surround it with suffocating gas, the strength of which will depend on the strength of the selected allied warframe.
When using a bite on an ally in an aggressive form, enemies switch their attention to it (use with caution)).

4 skill: Adaptation.
Allows you to adapt to changing conditions on the battlefield.
Changes the shape of abilities. The original form is protective.

E7kFhxNGUnc.jpg

(well, first i apologize myself, im frensh and my english is far from perfect so i try to do my best to be understandable)

A metamorphic waframe. Let me explain, that can be a waframe that the capacity to change forme like equinox but he have three forme.                                                                                                                                             -grineer forme (allowing you to make spawn som grineer or goules to help you, the ability to heal you self by heating the corps of you enemys, created small barriers like grineer does)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   -corpus form (the ability to make spawn som friendly Corpus robot, allow you to make  spawn medi kit or énergie buble)                                                                                                                                          -infected form (allowing you to make spawn som friendly infected, the ability to spread spores that can poison the enemys or heal you team mate, create a infected buble tath protect a spot for a litle amount of time)                                                                                                                                                                                                                       when we spawn in mission or when we do not have the ability to use us power the waframe will have a basic form that have only the "metamorphic power "

Archived