Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be Part of the Next Community-Created Warframe

[DE]Helen

I thought on a sort of Mech-type Warframe.
I called it Basilisk (sorry, I'm not good at naming things) and he is a utility/tank Warframe who can transform into many things. I know the ability phase isn't now yet, but since I'm not good at explaining things, I think this is the best way to show you my concept.
Firstly, Basilisk is a tad smaller than any other Warframe, this is an important thing of his design as we will see later. He has an "Overload bar", which will charge when Basilisk uses any of his abilities. Once full, this bar will increase Basilisk's damage but will deplete his shields for a small amount of time (and he won't be able to use abilities).
First ability: Basilisk transforms into a turret and it won't be able to move. Allies can also interact with Basilisk in this mode and use it like a normal turret. While Basilisk is controlled by an ally, he becomes "invincible" for as long as the ally is controlling him. Pressing this ability again will eject allies, while pressing it twice will transform Basilisk in "normal mode".
Second ability: Basilisk puts away his weapons and calls for an internal machine gun. Pressing the ability again will let him return to his normal weapons.
Third ability: Basilisk deploys a drone which will explode on enemy impact.
Fourth Ability: Basilisk deploys a bigger mech (about 1.5 times a normal Warframe) and enters it. While in this mech, his shields will increase and he will have a turret on his back (works like the first ability) and will use a machine gun. Pressing the first button will let him eject the turret and place it on the floor. The turret will disappear once the mech is destroyed. Pressing the second button will let him dispose of his machine gun, letting him use fists (Atlas, is it you?). Basilisk can freely leave the mech but will lose all his shields (since they will be transferred to the mech). Destroying it or finishing energy will charge the Overload bar.

How about a warframe that can transform into liquid metal? And... prime version of this warframe can transform into gold!

Warframe can use this ability for stealth, escape, attack or not taking damage from bullets? Cuz you know, you can't hurt liquid things 

My main language is not English, so if you don't understand what I said it's all my bad sorry :D

(My nickname is andromedassaoshi, send me friendship request)

I think a grineer based warframe would be cool

I have ideas for the abilities but theyd most likely be tweaked

1. Releases a drone that fires damaging flares at enemies

2. Places a wall that can take damage

3. No idea

4. Cannon comes out of his back and fires a explosive round at enemies. Also it would be cool if it could have switchable rounds

Name: bunker

Hope you enjoy the idea.

Inspired by Lost Vikings.

A Trio of Warframes that all rely on each other each one actively holds your primary, secondary. and melee, all separately modded, and you can actively change between them by weapon swapping.

All of their abilities aren't the greatest, but when paired together they hold up. Their abilities are all triggered at the same time, but may have various durations.

The first ability allows you to set commands for the other 2.

The second is shield, explosives, and stealth.

Third unite, will deactivate 1 they all group up and will provide buffs of health restore ammo resupply, and speed in all forms.

The 4th will actually kick you out of control into your Operator, as they will form a protective barrier for the tenno while unleashing a volley of attacks at oncoming forces, they have a chance at dealing some void damage in this state.

Tanky, damage, and support.

The support can add explosive elements to the party as an ammunition expert.

Some type of friends/family that had put a great fight before being captured and turned into Warframes, and now they are even more formidable.

They don't all have to be 1 gender.

Their passive would be to actively hold their ground while you are Operator, being next to them will provide the benefit of the third ability.

2 hours ago, TwoStarPlayersNik said:

I got the idea for a Warframe that plays very differently from all the others and gives a different gameplay experience entirely:

Hush - The blind Warframe

When I say blind I don't mean completely blind, but it would have a different UI than all the others and experience the world in a different way visually. Everything is darker, colors are muted, you can't see very far. But Hush would have heightened other senses, being able to see enemies from far away from body temperature and seeing in which direction they're moving from heat signals. Sounds would be different as well, but also something that lets you track enemy movement. I'm envisioning a Warframe that can see through walls and use skills that confuse and misdirect enemies, a new stealth Warframe that doesn't rely on invisibility, who picks up on all sounds around them and tracks enemies like a silent hunter.

As a passive ability it could be something like giving innate punch-through to all silent weapons, allowing Hush to shoot through walls while staying out of their opponent's sight.

As active abilities, they could be built around first using a sort of low-cost "ping" to echo-locate enemies and make your surroundings more visually clear, something you're constantly doing. Then you'd have other abilities that interact with that. Dolphins, for example, can use a barrage of targeted sonar pings to paralyze fish and stun them so they can't escape. You could also have an ability that does one extremely loud AoE sonic spike, a "pop" of sorts that give all enemies around you various debilitating effects: some would get knocked down, others take damage, others have their accuracy depleted down to practically zero while they try to get their bearings straight. You could also have a skill where you activate some sort of "lock-on", which would give you homing projectiles against enemies you're currently tracking with your echo-location pings.

Hush would appear to be much more methodical in their approach than other Warframes, not relying on zooming around in all directions but rather standing still, listening, and picking their shots carefully. And when surrounded, detonating a massive blast of sound that paralyzes the enemies around them and finishing them off efficiently in a blaze of audio-visual chaos before returning to their world of darkness and silence. Going into operator mode with Hush would also be fun, suddenly seeing the world as it really is for a few moments before going back into the dark.

Story-wise, Hush would have been designed as an assassin, or someone you could send prowling into pitch-black caves where enemies would be in hiding. Not being concerned with the lack of vision, they would more from target to target and dispatch them before they could realize what was happening. And the few who did try to put up defenses found themselves paralyzed, deafened, losing their balance and unable to aim straight while the prowler approached.

Amazing idea

What about a heavy hitter tank frame with the 1st ability give armor to ally by take some from itself the second could be a damage reduction skill to itself and allies the 3th could be an armor gain and the 4th can be a hammer that damage depends on how little armor you have left and 4 a passive why not take advantage of sheild gating for the less armor you have you inversely gain sheilds instead 

Whisper The Sniper Based Wareframe

Whisper was Part of Elite Orokin Mercenary Team she was a backup, team's last refuge. One of her and the teams mission was commisioned by Golden Lords. During the mission her squad got ambushed by Dax soldiers, the squad members were lost only Whisper got out and survived. She knew that the ambush was doing of The Orokin, that day Whisper vowed never to forgive Orokin, nor forget her fallen teammates.

Passive:

Increased sniper Damage and Reload Speed by 15% if she lands a headshot the % damage is tripled.

1st Ability:

Whisper has 4 ammo types:

Thermite Ammo - causes enemies to set them on fire also they leave a burning trail for 5 secods that can set other enemies on fire.(Only hit enemy by the shot can leave the trail)

(Duration and Damage of the trail is affected by Mods)

Reflective Ammo - After killing the enemy the bullet will seek out 5 enemies in 20m radius. (Raius is not affected by mods but damage is)

Imposion Ammo - The enemy hit by the Imposion Shot will draw enemies at 10m radius and after 3 seconds shooted enemy will explode. (Damage affected by mods)

Drill Ammo - Has Infiite Puncture (Similar to zenith) and reduces enemy armor by 30% (PS does not affect the Armor Reduction)

2nd Ability:

(Chanel Ability) Whisper creates a 4m invisibility field that she carries around, the field grants 20% crit chance up to 40%(Depends on power stenght) if enemy steps on field, the field turns off but whisper has addicional 5 seconds of invisibility.

3rd Ability:

Whisper marks enemies in 50m radius only for herself, marked enemies get 3x more damage dependent on Power Strenght.(Worse Bashee Sonar)

4th Ability:

- Exalted Weapon - Whisper takes her Sniper "Resistance". Sniper affects  1st ability by adding:

TA - Burning trail deals Double Damage

RA - Bullet seeks out 8 enemies

IA - Implosion will stagger enemies.

DA - Grants 60% Armor Reduction

Stats of "Resistance"

Accuracy: 50

Crit Chance: 50%

Crit Multiplier: 2.5x

Fallof: 500-600

Fire Rate: 2.00

Magazine: 1

Multishot: 1

Noise: Silent

Punch Through: 2 (If Drill Ammo then its Infinite)

Reload: 0.7

Trigger: Semi

Damage: (Affected by power strenght)

Impact: 100

Puncture: 150

Slash: 200

Hope you enjoy also, I know its a little bit OP but DE will tweak some things if this concept passes :) (I forgot to add backstory so here's edit) 

How about we add some sort of knight frame, that has a long sword (or straight sword) as the melee weapon it gets released with. The 4th ability would be like it summons a Wyvern to ride(would be helpful for poe or vallis). You can still use your weapons and melee weapon if you get close enough.

I've made a few concepts over the last few years, posting them on FANDOM and the forums here. I think a few of their themes might be fun to play with or design with the community. Here's the ones I think would be interesting to look at. 

TLDR: Personally I'd like to see something like my Pathos idea, Plastic or a Nun/Valkyrie Warframe most of all. As I'm looking over this I've realised that I posted quite a few concepts, hope it doesn't come across as obnoxious.

Here's a list of concepts I'd like to propose with concept pages from the Forums I have made for them to give some idea of what the concept might look like in practice. This turned out to be a bit long of a post so I've cut it all down using spoilers below each theme I'm suggesting.

Communication/Sharing amongst the squad

Spoiler

A Warframe which places down amplifiers for their abilities and allows you and allies to share effects even over distances. Basically this would be heavily geared towards content where you have to spread out like Interceptions. I made Pathos as a concept around mind reading rather than control. Admittedly it's a bit too similar to Nyx, but the idea of communication/sharing that Pathos gives might make for an interesting base to work off of.

Terraforming, Natural environments and Biomes

Spoiler

A Warframe themed around terraforming and creating environments that they control. The story behind the concept is that as the Old War was coming to an end the ideas for use of Warframe technology began to expand into other realms beyond just combat. This warframe was designed with not just combat in mind but also the ability to carry out terraforming work in Tau. My "Ramoko" concept might be a good starting place for that Warframe.

Shadows

Spoiler

It's not a concept thread if someone doesn't get al ledgy and mention shadows is it? I've seen someone mention this theme already but Shadows would be cool. I made a shadow theme recently below. it was a damage centred concept with a bit of survivability thrown in. Here it is below:

Plastic/Maleability

Spoiler

A Warframe themed around Plastic, moulding and manipulating it. I also made a concept for that a while ago. it's one that can scale a bit like Nidus if you chose to take it in that direction. I imagine this would be pretty cool if you made something similar:

Nun/Vallkyrie support

Spoiler

A Nun/Valkyrie themed Warframe. A support frame that manipulates souls of dead enemies and buffs or heals allies. Basically the scaling support equivalent to Nidus. My Amtra concept here: 

Plants/Flora

Spoiler

A proper plant frame would be cool, whether it was a wooden tank or a nurturer of flowers. I mean there have been so many plant concepts by now the work is definitely already done for you. I made two separate Floral themed Warframe concepts myself. You could also give a plant themed Warframe a unique ephemera where it spawns small flowers behind it as it walks, which would be entertaining.

A Knight

Spoiler

A defensive Support would be cool. As a knight theme you could shoehorn in an exalted sword and shield. There's always alot of talk about exalted weaponry and the majority of concepts seem to have one. Sticking one in on this theme works and you might shut those people up for a few weeks or so, maybe even a month (I'm such a hypocrite). I made a theme I called the White knight which was a sort of paladin idea. Here it is.

A molecule/Atom manipulator

Spoiler

How about a matter manipulator to go with Nova's antimatter manipulation? This concept could transform the environment, heal allies by refusing molecules together or split the atom for their ultimate for a massive explosion. Maybe you could squeeze in some synergy with Nova's abilities as they could be siblings considering their shared theme and fan origins.

A weapon master warframe, Excalibur only uses a sword while this one uses all sorts of weapons, could probably choose which weapons to use like chroma and his elements and be capable of support and offense

PREJUDICE

Queen of heavy steel armed at her royal robes, she can defend her allied warriors with a collection of heavy blades

Armor: 600

Health: 100 (250 max)

Shield: 100 (250 max)

Energy: 150 (300 max)

Sprint Speed: 0.8 (1.00 when some abilities are active)

Looks:

Helmet - Rococo headband, sharp trims, and exotic female frame features with neon accents

Top - similar to ballroom dress, but sharper and technologic style

Bottom - her important part is her skirt, but her legs will be similar to Trinity's

*Skirt - this is where the heavy blades placed. They are the structure of her long skirt, as seen on both inside and outside of the skirt. The "cloth" layer is a hologram, from her Energy color. She will remove it at some abilities. It has 10 blades.

Passive:

Whenever she is in a mission with other players, when knocked down, her heavy blades will protect the nearest player. Furthermore, when she is reviving a player, her heavy blades will create a small but tall shield around them, having 300 damage points needed to destroy.

1st Ability:

Noor - similar to Exodia Contagion, she will throw one of her heavy blades and explode on impact. When hit, it can inflict 400 (600 max) damage. When explode, it ranges 500-800 damage (max 1000). Costs 50 MP.

Augment: Noir - when explode, it can cast fog, blinding enemies, but total damage is reduced to 20% max

2nd Ability:

Refractured Mirrors - she will give up all her heavy blades to protect self and allies, and the timing is similar to Mesa's Shooting Gallery, protecting the team for the total of 16 seconds (32 seconds max), The shield reflects 2x of the damage reflected, and each blade has 300 HP (500 HP max). Costs 50 MP.

3rd Ability:

Queen's Fortress - she can create her own force field using her blades as the poles, minimum of 2, maximum of 3 (5 when max), with any kind of shape. When enemies enters the force field, they will become slow and reduce their armor by 20% (50% max), for 5 (8 max) seconds. To destroy one wall, the enemies must destroy the blades, with each having 300 HP. Uncommon enemies will more likely to notice those. Costs 20 MP for each wall.

Augment: Queen's Wall - by no rank, the wall will become fluid, blinding them for a second, with the original effect still occuring. While upgrading, the wall will become solid block to some enemies, until when fully max, the wall will become solid block to all, having 500 HP. to it.

4th Ability:

Majesty - The name of her skirt. Her skirt will become a multi-pointed whip, with 0.950 attack speed, 1000 damage, 50% critical and status chance, and 10x critical multiplier (for close range).. Each ability level will increase their total stats by 10%. Each second cost 10 MP.

Augment: Imperial - her skirt will be rapier-made, instead of heavy blades, giving her +30% sprint speed. Furthermore, the attack speed of her 4th ability will also be increased by 30%. However, the damage infliction of 1st and 4th ability and the durability of her blades in her passive, 2nd, and 3rd ability will be lowered by 30%. But, the 4th ability's critical and status chance, and critical multiplier will not change. (This information is for full upgraded augment).

Comment down below if you like it.

Also I'd like to state not entirely my idea this 100% belongs to the user BiomixPixels

3 hours ago, Bloodsakuya said:

期望能有一款能以“噩梦,梦魇”为主题的战甲。能有更多的控制,造成大范围的恐慌,以及能对沉睡状态敌人造成更大的伤害。

护甲较低,但有较高的生命值(并能从吸取的噩梦中获得提升),能侵入敌人的身体,制造噩梦,敌人的恐惧是他的食物(对敌人造成伤害的同时,恢复自己的生命)。

他能让大范围的敌人陷入沉睡,并制造噩梦,就如同中国民间所说的“鬼压床”,敌人无法行动不会因为攻击而醒来,但是,不管敌人是否发现了你,都会进入警戒状态。

他能让范围内的敌人陷入恐惧,并变得疯狂,他们的行动会加快,伤害会更高,会无差别攻击视野内的所有单位。

当然也他能拥有梦魇的经典的破体而出,操控他不光会带给敌人恐惧,玩家也会被那恐怖的气氛(音乐、音效、特效等等)所包围。

希望能将他的沉睡和阴阳的3技能进行区别,阴阳的3技能是安稳的梦,他所创造的则是令人不安的噩梦。

Love the concept. For the non-Chinese speakers here is a translation:

"It would be great to see a warframe based on the theme of nightmare and night terror with abilities to inflict fear over a wide area and deal extra damage against sleeping enemies. 

It may have a lower base armor rating but high health rating (which grows as the frame consumes the enemies nightmare). This warframe may also possesse the enemy and implant nightmare to their mind. This ability will inflict damage to the enemy while healing the warframe. 

Its other ability is based on the paranormal occurrence known as "鬼压床 [basically sleep paralysis]" in the Chinese culture. It causes enemies over a large area to fall asleep and damaging the affected targets will not wake them up. However, the affected enemies will still be alerted regardless of whether you have previously been detected. 

By causing mass hysteria among the enemies, they are entranced into a frenzy. Causing them to speed up and become more prone to damage. The affected will also attack any other units insight, indiscriminately.

Of cause this frame can also be themed around the notion of shocking nightmares [not sure if I am understanding the original phase correctly]. Playing as this warframe could not only bring terror to the enemies, but also create an horrific atmosphere for the player.s through sounds, special effects and music. 

Hopfully [DE] could distinguish this warframe from Equinox. While Equinox's 3re ability is themed around soothing dreams, this warframe is inclined towards unsettling nightmares."

Hope this helps!

Spirit

This frame is incorporeal.  Think an Equinox-type duel ability set frame.  It can be fitted and equipped with all of the standard weapons and mods, but is not able to interact with enemies in his natural form.  He IS able to buff allies while in "spirit" mode.  You can choose to sit back and be a buff lord that gets no kills, or posses an enemy and join in the fight!  This frame plays like a finesse frame, but has a lot of built in survivability that has to be used in a non-standard way.  It's not going to be a high damage output frame, but it can make the rest of the team fight like gods in the right hands.  Good for scouting, long duration runs or quick skirmishes.

Passive (Spirit Form)- All allies in affinity range receive a substantial haste buff, in addition to a substantial armor and shield recharge rate buff.  You are unable to damage enemies in any way, and will receive no damage.  This should be scaled so that the 3 remaining members essentially increase output and defenses to effectively fight like a 4-person squad.  You're basically immortal, but not able to directly join the fight.  When you possess a unit, the passive disappears, but you are now part of the offensive output of the squad.  The mods and weapons that you equip to the frame will be wielded when possessing a unit.  You do not trip sensors, cameras or lasers.  You could potentially use spirit mode to infiltrate spy vaults, but unless there's an NPC to possess when you get there, it won't do you much good.  Invisible to NPC's, and will not raise alarms or change the current alert state of an NPC.  You are unable to revive teammates or pets while in spirit form, nor are you able to hack consoles or enemy robots.  Walls and doors still pose an obstacle.  If a door is locked, you will need to possess an NPC to get through it.  In exchange for this built-in "immortality", you have one life.  If you get killed in a fight, you do not enter bleedout.  You produce an arbitration style "tombstone" that requires other players to interact with to rejoin the round.

1) Possess - Take control of a non-boss NPC of your choosing.  The type of NPC that you possess determines what you bring to the fight.  30 second base duration, can be effected by duration mods.  Power strength can either be irrelevant, or could effect damage multiplier.  Low energy base cost.  Can be recast on another unit to actively "switch" around during a fight. Range is effected by mods.  This can be used to warp to locations, similar to Loki's switch teleport. Hold to release the possession and return to spirit form.

Heavy units will grant additional survivability, but have slower attacks and a lower overall damage output

Light units grant you attack speed and maneuverability at the cost of resilience.

Special units like snow globes and nullifiers will actively debuff any enemies within the range of the field

2) Energize - Increase the energy and health regen rate of all allies in range.  Base is open to balancing, but I'm thinking somewhere in the range of 2/sec.  Regen is effected by power strength, radius effected by range.  High energy cost to you, but can be mitigated by efficiency.  Base duration of 20 seconds, effected by mods. (This ability will be more effective if cast in spirit form)

3) Empower - All allies in range gain resistance to all physical damage types.  IPS damage and status is mitigated, with elemental damage untouched.  Mitigation is effected by power strength, base of 50%, max of 100%.  Base duration of 30 seconds, effected by mods.  (This ability will be more effective if cast in spirit form).

4) Reincarnate - Cast on allies individually.  Upon reaching bleedout, the effected player will be stripped of all buffs and status effects, and returned to 100% health with the energy level that you started the level at (like hitting the "reset" button on your character).  Casting on an ally will cause a buff icon to appear to that player, and will cause you to see an icon displayed over that player's head.  Upon activation, it will be spent, and need to be recast.  Can not be cast on yourself, but if there are 2 Spirits in the squad, the other player can cast it on you.  Activation produces a stagger effect, and brief period of decreased damage output.  No invulnerability period on activation.  This ability is not effected by mods, and offers no additional benefit to being cast in spirit form.  This ability does not cause the effected player to spend a revive.  If another Spirit casts this on you, and you enter spirit form, you will lose the buff.

So, there's my 2 credits...

Edit  --

It feels like most of what I'm mentioning here is already in the game in one form or another, and shouldn't be that difficult to implement in a new frame.  It's something different that should provide a new perspective on game play.

I would like something around the theme of a gladiator. a frame that excels at dealing a lot of damage to a single opponent or controling their foes abilities. (snare/tun)

with some futuristic twist fitting for combat up close and that requires skill to get the most out of.

Archived