Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be Part of the Next Community-Created Warframe

[DE]Helen

31 minutes ago, ZaneOlric said:

They never said they’d pick the most popular. It was very clear that the devs were picking what they liked the most from the community.

Im a little sad some of the other ones I saw didn’t make it through as well, but I knew that this was what was happening.  I BELIEVE they just wanted the community to offer inspiration and ideas.  To involve the community in their creative process.

Just my two cents.  I’m also mildly paranoid this sounds combatitive, which is not my goal.  Apologies if it does.

I understand your point, and it is true that they never said they'd pick the most popular themes... However, as TherUray mentioned, they told us it would be a "community created" frame, meaning a decent chunk of community decided they want to see an X-themed warframe in the future, not "the community lists ideas until we find some we like" frame. They didn't need us for this at all, considering how basic and boring most of the choices were, not to mention some of them already exist in some capacity. I wouldn't be upset if they at least took into consideration what we as the community wanted, at least. As I said before, they didn't need to ask us. The process of choosing the themes is equivalent to 2 hours of clicking on random wiki articles. This isn't even the 1st time they've done this. Remember the poll for Ivara's new augment, and universal vacuum?

Side note: Don't be afraid of sounding combatitive, and apologise if you do come of as such. There's really nothing to worry about. It's a discussion first and foremost, and you're voicing your stance. It's all good.

Sentient warframe : that can use other warframes ability, however to use others warframes ability you need to own them and u can choose only one in the arsenal.

Second ability is to summon Void spears that strike down from the sky or hits from below and impales the target, if the target survives it will be  converted and will help with support. Another ability will be Shrink, lets him shrink enemies lowering the health and armour.

His fourth Ability will make him spin and create a Void shield around him, if any enemy gets inside the shield it will start losing health and give it to the warframe, if any ally gets in the shield it will get an armour buff + shield.

On 2020-03-06 at 1:09 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Japanese yokai beast that rides devilish winds and attacks people with limbs like that of a sickle or razor.

Hive: "Hosts a swarm of bloodthirsty flying swarm insects seeking enemies to feast upon."

Ghost in the Machine: "Based around the idea of hacking, setup and data transfer."

Broken Warframe: "It's obviously not put together correctly and it's pretty much the epitome of making a bug a feature."

These ones are the only interesting and different, the others are carbon copy of things we already have.

If I could vote definitely would pick broken warframe

On 2020-03-06 at 5:09 PM, [DE]Helen said:

CommunityWarframe---w-Text.jpg

We’re calling upon the Warframe community to create the next Warframe!

Seven years ago, the Warframe community worked together to create Nova, the antimatter Warframe. New reaches of the Origin System have since been uncovered and Tenno have awoken to join the fight. This anniversary, it’s time for a new community-created Warframe to stand by Nova!

The community-created Warframe will be brought to life in six phases:

Community-Design-Warframe-Timeline-16-9.jpg

Community: Call for Themes

Throughout Warframe’s seven years, we have read countless pages of fantastic Warframe ideas in the Fan Concepts subforum and elsewhere! The creativity you have demonstrated is the first crucial step in bringing this Warframe to life.

The call for Warframe themes is open Friday, March 6 - Thursday, March 19

We aren’t looking at Abilities in this design phase. First, it’s all about a strong theme! Share with us a Warframe concept you would like to see in-game. Submit here!

Design Council: Vote for Theme

The Design Council is a group of Founders and passionate players that the Dev Team goes to when they need specific Warframe feedback or ideas. Through forum polls, open calls, and feedback threads, the Design Council has helped shape Warframe. The group has grown over seven years, with invites sent monthly to players who are highly active in the community.

After reviewing all Warframe theme submissions, the Dev Team will choose a Top 10 to present to the Design Council!

The Design Council will vote from Friday, March 20 - Thursday, March 26 to choose the final Warframe theme.

Community Artist, Eornheit: Warframe Design

Eornheit_Art.png

Warframe Community artist, Eornheit will design a Warframe based on the chosen theme!

From Eornheit:

Hello! My name is Eornheit and I'm a 2D artist. I like to draw biomechanics and cosmic creatures and design characters. And I like to play Warframe. This game inspired me to create fan art: illustrations, sketches and my own characters in the game universe.

You can check out Eornheit’s original works and more here!

Community: Ability Design

With a strong theme and official artwork as inspiration, it will be time to design Warframe Abilities!

The call for Warframe Abilities is open Friday, April 17 - Thursday, April 30

Determine the power and play-style of the community-designed Warframe! We will update this official forum post with a link to submit Warframe Abilities once the call for submissions is live.

TennoGen Artist, Faven: Design Alt Helmet

Faven_Graxx.jpg

Warframe TennoGen artist, Faven will design an Alt Helmet based on the Warframe’s official concept art!

Faven has been a TennoGen creator since the program began in 2015. After his first design, the Volt AMP Skin, he went on to design the entire Graxx collection and more. Faven has also been a speaker on TennoCon panels where he has shared his experience with players.

You can check out Faven’s TennoGen creations here!

Warframe Reveal During TennoCon 2020 Live Stream!

The community-created Warframe’s name and final design will be revealed on Saturday, July 11th during the TennoCon 2020 Live Stream! Tune in to see the Warframe that will be brought to life in-game.

I wish Falconer will win, seems interessting and cool. 

Looking back at that post, I see the community popular-vote never had a chance. I'm paraphrasing here, but essentially:

On 2020-03-06 at 9:39 PM, [DE]Helen said:

The Design Council is a group of Founders and passionate players that...has helped shape Warframe...are highly active in the community.

After reviewing all Warframe theme submissions, the Dev Team will choose a Top 10 to present to the Design Council

So I'm thinking, what's gonna happen with ability design? Does the pseudo-community pump in ideas for the Design Council to cherry pick based on some Dev Team filters? Coz that's where it would actually be logical. The (ability) design, unlike the theme, is where we actually need the Dev Team cross-checking that proposal. And the Design Council folk can shed light on any picks from a player perspective, with all those years of playing. Nothing has been said about how the abilities will be selected/screened. What if an ability that a majority of us would like to see implemented gets ignored? Assuming that they're rational and technically feasible, will devs/council still discard popular ability proposals?

The falconer sounds good, I’m drawn to hive and calligraphy themes, but I think my favourite would be Arawn, the spectral houndsmaster.

It sounds like it could be a pet class, but due to the spectral nature of the kubrow,  it doesn’t have to be. They could just represent the powers with ghostly kubrow effects.

Ranged root CC and dot , represented by a summoned ghost kubrow hopping out of a portal next to the target and mauling them for the duration.

Maybe have it castable on team mates, where the hound trots along with them only to leap at the first attacker.

hunting horn radial buff or something, hurlable spectral spears.

Perhaps even a “wild hunt” styled ultimate where a full pack of howling, snarling kubrow swarm forward in a wave, sweeping up or dragging down whatever they run into. A bit like hydroids wave dash, but with more snarling and biting. Could even have it multifunction between letting the pack charge off or running along with them (temporarily taking ghost kubrow form)

Also, it’d be nice to think there’s a warframe looking after all those consigned kubrow snow spacemom isnt looking after the farm anymore.

7 hours ago, Blexander said:

I understand your point, and it is true that they never said they'd pick the most popular themes... However, as TherUray mentioned, they told us it would be a "community created" frame, meaning a decent chunk of community decided they want to see an X-themed warframe in the future, not "the community lists ideas until we find some we like" frame. They didn't need us for this at all, considering how basic and boring most of the choices were, not to mention some of them already exist in some capacity. I wouldn't be upset if they at least took into consideration what we as the community wanted, at least. As I said before, they didn't need to ask us. The process of choosing the themes is equivalent to 2 hours of clicking on random wiki articles. This isn't even the 1st time they've done this. Remember the poll for Ivara's new augment, and universal vacuum?

Side note: Don't be afraid of sounding combatitive, and apologise if you do come of as such. There's really nothing to worry about. It's a discussion first and foremost, and you're voicing your stance. It's all good.

Thats kind of my stance on all this as well. It seems very polarizing to what the community actually wanted and what was actually picked. And really going this route, doesnt seem like this whole contest was even necessary

Besides the couple that were actually chosen, i have no interest really to what was actually picked, and the couple that I had the exception for, arent all that great or unique to begin with to me. Highly dissappointed, especially given how long its been since Nova up til now. Who knows when/if we'll get another like this again. It feels so wasted to me. So much so that Im just not even going to pay the rest of the phases of this any more mind, cause in the end, when the warframe gets made, I really wont care that much no matter what they really do with it. Most the themes seems rehashes of what we already have, or just partials of what we already have with just an slight aspect different. 

Im just going to show my dissatisfaction with it, by just not paying mind to the next phases, if enough do, it will be felt, as I dont want to confuse my feedback of words in the other phases as compliance.

On 2020-03-20 at 3:35 PM, [DE]Helen said:

We have closed the Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas and reviewed all submissions to choose the Top 10! Design Council voting has begun and closes on Thursday, March 26. The theme with the most votes will become the next community-created Warframe!

Top 10 Themes:

• Calligraphy: "A vision of a monk and a scholar, deadly yet sophisticated."
    • Submitted by JareeZy
  • Hive: "Hosts a swarm of bloodthirsty flying swarm insects seeking enemies to feast upon."
    • Submitted by xX_ReiMar_Xx
  • Broken Warframe: "It's obviously not put together correctly and it's pretty much the epitome of making a bug a feature."
    • Submitted by eaterofstorms
  • Morpheus: "Based on the Greek god of sleep and dreams."
    • Submitted by JONNY_AFRO_
  • Falconer: "A falconer based Warframe from Cetus, that has a companion, like Khora, that is a condroc."
    • Submitted by DerpasaurasRex0
  • Ballerina: "A ballerina based frame, dancing majestically over the battle field."
    • Submitted by Jarranna
  • Ghost in the Machine: "Based around the idea of hacking, setup and data transfer."
    • Submitted by Sekan
  • Arawn, King of Annwn: "Believed to set the Cŵn Annwn loose to hunt mundane creatures." This Warframe's Cŵn Annwn would be a Kubrow, a spectral hound.
    • Submitted by Avenka
  • Kamaitachi: Japanese yokai beast that rides devilish winds and attacks people with limbs like that of a sickle or razor.
    • Submitted by AmdorElensar
  • Gargoyle: A stone monster believed to frighten away evil spirits.
    • Submitted by Horizon Ultima

I like the last 3 themes on the list, though the choices were unexpected 🤔

I think it would really pleasurable to everyone if all of these themes, and the most popular themes that were mentioned outside of the 10 top picks, had an order in which they would be eventually added to the game.

I think people would like having these things to look forward too, rather than never seeing their dreams again in warframe 

The design console got to make 40+ warframes. Can we make 10?

hace 17 minutos, SolidSnake8774 dijo:

Thats kind of my stance on all this as well. It seems very polarizing to what the community actually wanted and what was actually picked. And really going this route, doesnt seem like this whole contest was even necessary

Besides the couple that were actually chosen, i have no interest really to what was actually picked, and the couple that I had the exception for, arent all that great or unique to begin with to me. Highly dissappointed, especially given how long its been since Nova up til now. Who knows when/if we'll get another like this again. It feels so wasted to me. So much so that Im just not even going to pay the rest of the phases of this any more mind, cause in the end, when the warframe gets made, I really wont care that much no matter what they really do with it. Most the themes seems rehashes of what we already have, or just partials of what we already have with just an slight aspect different. 

Im just going to show my dissatisfaction with it, by just not paying mind to the next phases, if enough do, it will be felt, as I dont want to confuse my feedback of words in the other phases as compliance.

Sad, but true 

3 hours ago, (PS4)coma-edge said:

Looking back at that post, I see the community popular-vote never had a chance. I'm paraphrasing here, but essentially:

So I'm thinking, what's gonna happen with ability design? Does the pseudo-community pump in ideas for the Design Council to cherry pick based on some Dev Team filters? Coz that's where it would actually be logical. The (ability) design, unlike the theme, is where we actually need the Dev Team cross-checking that proposal. And the Design Council folk can shed light on any picks from a player perspective, with all those years of playing. Nothing has been said about how the abilities will be selected/screened. What if an ability that a majority of us would like to see implemented gets ignored? Assuming that they're rational and technically feasible, will devs/council still discard popular ability proposals?

From the infographic in Helen's post, I assume that the community as a whole will get to propose abilities. (Community was listed beside theme submission and ability design.) My guess is DE takes over from there and figures out what will work and what won't.

So, I do not think the DC will be designing the abilities (if I understand the infographic).

1 hour ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

I think it would really pleasurable to everyone if all of these themes, and the most popular themes that were mentioned outside of the 10 top picks, had an order in which they would be eventually added to the game.

I think people would like having these things to look forward too, rather than never seeing their dreams again in warframe 

It is certainly in DE's power to make additional 'frames from the pool of concepts if they wish (at a later date).

1 hour ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

The design console got to make 40+ warframes. Can we make 10?

The Design Council did not help make 40+ warframes, actually. Nova and Equinox, yes. Others like Mesa, Atlas, Chroma, Zephyr (and some others maybe? I'm foggy) were actually inspired or suggested by community members by fan concepts or fan artwork.

21 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

The Design Council did not help make 40+ warframes, actually. Nova and Equinox, yes. Others like Mesa, Atlas, Chroma, Zephyr (and some others maybe? I'm foggy) were actually inspired or suggested by community members by fan concepts or fan artwork

I see, maybe i said it wrong

But yeah i hope they continue then. I really want to see a lot of these themes in game as soon as possible

23 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

It is certainly in DE's power to make additional 'frames from the pool of concepts if they wish (at a later date).

True.

Quadruped warframe ill be hoping for. Or something to control a quadruped

I pray

Warframe wolf "Honor" (Nora)
1. Warframe support.
1.1 Armor (600)
1.2 Health. (1500)
1.3 Running speed. (1.20)
1.4 Shields. (0)
1.5 Energy. (300)

(HISTORY)
Legends began to circulate in Fortune, about howling them to freeze blood in their veins, coming from the barren lands covered with snow.
At the time of cold weather, the howling of a creature, a relic of past years, is heard with the wind.
Because of which animals run in a hurry, I save my life.
The inhabitants of fortune are extremely concerned about this and are afraid that this creature could harm them.
The Business decided to start a hunt for the creature and preserve it, as this is probably the last representative of the species, he asks to be especially careful with him. But when it came to hunting, it became clear that everything was not so simple as it seemed at first glance and the hunter turned into a victim!
(Appearance)
She is a little taller than ordinary warframes, as from cold lands. Outwardly resembles a white she-wolf. The physique resembles the "Valkyrie Gersemi" with the addition of fur on the shoulders, hips and tail. The head resembles a wolf, and the appearance of the body is similar to skins on a helminth from the deluxe skin kit on Nidus "Phryke"
 (Abilities)
2.1. Passive ability is the chance of "extraction (trophies)" of resources from enemies according to the type of desecration of "Nekros". When the "Honor" is one, it gets a 20% chance to get additional resources when killing the enemy, for each ally within a radius of 20 meters, she receives a gain of 20%. A passive ability would work only on Honor, other players would not receive this buff.
2.2. “Bite” “Honor” is thrown and bites an enemy, causing damage to it, slowing it down, increasing its speed, and increasing regeneration by 15% for a while.
2.3. "Howl" There are two types of abilities to choose from, between which you could switch at any time. The first “Honor” - forces the enemies to turn their attention to “Honor” and attacks exclusively on it (at the moment of activation, the amount of armor increases and the level of health is proportional to the number of enemies under the influence of the ability) The second form of the “Intimidation” ability drives away enemies providing for self buff speed by 25%.
2.4. “Hunting grounds (hunting zone)” tracks down enemies located within the radius of the established hunting totem (By the type of Visp ability) (depending on the ability hit zone), inflicting debuffs on enemies with movement speed, increasing damage to them, and taking damage to them from players with a chance of up to 75%.
2.5. Flock (streaming ability) Honor creates buffs for itself and its allies. The buff is to increase damage, health regeneration, movement speed, reload and attack. if allies are within a radius of 10 meters, then they receive the strongest buff; the more allies move away from each other in flesh to a distance of 50 meters, the strength of the buff decreases. If team members get close again, the buff gets stronger again. (The strongest buff would be (increase in weapon strength and abilities up to 120%, regeneration buff up to 20%, and speed buff up to 85%). If the allies are far (further than 50 meters), they get a “Far from the pack” buff It gives an increase to the health and speed of movement of allies.

I apologize, I hope not late!

Attention.  A frame whose ultimate ability directly depends on the life of allies.  This will allow you to use it wisely.  In a single company from the life of a companion.  Neutral frame, not loved by allies and enemies especially !!!  But incredibly powerful and mysterious) Please miss, I could not write earlier, for objective reasons.  And the design will be drawn by hand and I will send later, it will be something incredible and amazing ...

il y a 5 minutes, (PS4)ShellChek a dit :

I apologize, I hope not late!

Attention.  A frame whose ultimate ability directly depends on the life of allies.  This will allow you to use it wisely.  In a single company from the life of a companion.  Neutral frame, not loved by allies and enemies especially !!!  But incredibly powerful and mysterious) Please miss, I could not write earlier, for objective reasons.  And the design will be drawn by hand and I will send later, it will be something incredible and amazing ...

I have long wanted something like this, but alas, I was late for the selection, for the competition. If regarding the slowdown, I imagined something about the zone, the size of which can be regulated by mods, so that the zone would not be the largest for defense, but also large for other missions, if desired. Regarding the concept by hand, I look forward to it. I don’t know English well and I can write or read something incorrectly, but if I understand correctly, I will be very grateful to you because I frankly have a bad talent for drawing.

Archived