Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be Part of the Next Community-Created Warframe

[DE]Helen

Hi guys,

First of all i wanna thank you for this opportunity!
I think that the ability of the new frame can be very fun it it could change in to any frame that you already have in your inventory +  the enemies you have scanned (stalker too)  😄

"One to rule them all" 😄

Thank you in advance,
Blaze

On 2020-03-21 at 4:35 AM, [DE]Helen said:

We have closed the Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas and reviewed all submissions to choose the Top 10! Design Council voting has begun and closes on Thursday, March 26. The theme with the most votes will become the next community-created Warframe!

Top 10 Themes:

• Calligraphy: "A vision of a monk and a scholar, deadly yet sophisticated."
    • Submitted by JareeZy
  • Hive: "Hosts a swarm of bloodthirsty flying swarm insects seeking enemies to feast upon."
    • Submitted by xX_ReiMar_Xx
  • Broken Warframe: "It's obviously not put together correctly and it's pretty much the epitome of making a bug a feature."
    • Submitted by eaterofstorms
  • Morpheus: "Based on the Greek god of sleep and dreams."
    • Submitted by JONNY_AFRO_
  • Falconer: "A falconer based Warframe from Cetus, that has a companion, like Khora, that is a condroc."
    • Submitted by DerpasaurasRex0
  • Ballerina: "A ballerina based frame, dancing majestically over the battle field."
    • Submitted by Jarranna
  • Ghost in the Machine: "Based around the idea of hacking, setup and data transfer."
    • Submitted by Sekan
  • Arawn, King of Annwn: "Believed to set the Cŵn Annwn loose to hunt mundane creatures." This Warframe's Cŵn Annwn would be a Kubrow, a spectral hound.
    • Submitted by Avenka
  • Kamaitachi: Japanese yokai beast that rides devilish winds and attacks people with limbs like that of a sickle or razor.
    • Submitted by AmdorElensar
  • Gargoyle: A stone monster believed to frighten away evil spirits.
    • Submitted by Horizon Ultima

The first link leads to JareeZy's profile, NOT the post itself.

57 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Anyway, how to vote? Just put like to it?

It's gone to the Founders now. They have a special forum, because they were OG high end backers of Warframe. It goes to them for voting.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)corpusbonds said:

If kamaitachi wins I’m calling mine Sneasel.

:thumbup:

On 2020-03-12 at 6:05 PM, (PS4)Cammiemcg said:

Kolta the gold warframe found in the ruins of Eldorado, This warframe packs more punch than it's weight in gold.

I like the shape shifter idea if combined with a similar idea to ^^^^. Thinking meso American meets south American with a hash of Carribean head hunter warrior as an addition  to the micinean of micinea crete and athena island the sacrificial blood rituals and all cultures believed their impending doom doomdays clock or Mayan time sequence incan astrological measurements micenean belief their destiny controlled by the deities in volcanoes and lifedeath exchange the providing of earthly growth or also recreation after destruction. Make ties linking general cultures ceremony and warrior from. 

Warrior from tenno terminology has no robots or human or animal per say their instead all the result of a grand techno space dwelling cultures believed to have been lost. 

Simple combined ideas like kuva letting or neuroptics hunter the warframe eater and its predatorial counter part surgeon mad scientists who open neuroptics amalgamation of shapes sizes types gauss the last of many once a dance in harmony ivara the ultimate beast beating feared mercenary of rebellions against orokin council.Margulas and lotus's genocided species the Lost old empire and also the immigration from far early settlements towards a common home 

On 2020-03-22 at 8:41 AM, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Man I`m bloody disappointed in the 9 concept ideas DE decides to choose. Out of all the interesting concepts they chose these are not a big deal and on top of that they chose it based on popularity not by what they actually liked or sounded unique which they never said in the contest post which is bloody stupid. Just to add I`m not knocking on the ppl that came up with the idea nor am I upset coz my idea wasn’t chosen it`s the fact that most of these concepts imo are not “unique”and I feel my idea is more unique that these choice they picked.

Here are the top 10 chosen concepts and what I think of them;

Reveal hidden contents

Calligraphy: "A vision of a monk and a scholar, deadly yet sophisticated."

We have Baruuk which was released 2 years ago, we don`t need another monk so soon.

Hive: "Hosts a swarm of bloodthirsty flying swarm insects seeking enemies to feast upon."

Inaros` 4 can do that, it`s similar to Nidus and to the minority (not me) they are good warframes I don`t think we need another similar idea.

Broken Warframe: "It's obviously not put together correctly and it's pretty much the epitome of making a bug a feature." (only 26 votes)

I have no interest in this idea since the bug it will have is possibly going to be removed of nerfed plus it sounds like the abilities will be based around bugs which is not good.

Morpheus: "Based on the Greek god of sleep and dreams." (only 10 votes)

Tbh this sounds boring plus we have equnox for that. I would rather see asura a warframe based on rage.

Falconer: "A falconer based Warframe from Cetus, that has a companion, like Khora, that is a condroc." (only 26 votes)

This is Khora but with a bird, she came out 3 years ago too soon for another companion frame plus there is no point if the companion AI is going to be bad DE FIX AI.

Ballerina: "A ballerina based frame, dancing majestically over the battle field." (16 votes)

I`m sorry but this just sounds weird, it sounds like a mix of Garuda and Revenant.

Ghost in the Machine: "Based around the idea of hacking, setup and data transfer." (20 votes)

THIS IS THE ONLY CONCEPT I LIKE, THIS SOUNDS LIKE A MIX OF A GHOST AND A MECH WARFRAME AND THIS IS THE CLOSEST TO WHAT I WANT TO SEE IN WARFRAME.

Arawn, King of Annwn: "Believed to set the Cŵn Annwn loose to hunt mundane creatures." This Warframe's Cŵn Annwn would be a Kubrow, a spectral hound. (14 votes)

Same response as falconer based Warframe.

Kamaitachi: Japanese yokai beast that rides devilish winds and attacks people with limbs like that of a sickle or razor. (23 votes)

This is going to be an ugly frame since Yokais are normaly ugly, thus sounds like a mix of wukong and zephyr. I would rather have a Samurai warframe tbh.

Gargoyle: A stone monster believed to frighten away evil spirits. (11 votes)

This is so basic its unbelievable, this is just rip from Atlas` 4th.

Now from the concepts I`ve seen/want to see, here is the ones that I would rather see.

·       Mech warframe

·       Samurai warframe

·       Time warframe

·       Ghost warframe

·       Spider warframe

·       Beast warframe

·       Spartan warframe

·       Genie warframe

·       Kunoichi warframe

Vampire warframe

Here is the concept I came up with that is “unique” (more info on page 76)

A karma/slot machine based warframe.

·       Whatever you do while ability is active will have a positive or negative result on frame and allies.

·       Abilities could be based on corrupted mods e.g. critical delay, Nekros, smeeta kavat.

·       Abilities could reward you based on skill.

·       At base it`s a support warframe that grants all types of buffs which also makes it a jack of all trades, damage, CC, health and energy recovery, speed buff. (in the future I will come up with abilities for it)

The only way I would be fine with this is if this starts being a yearly thing, if this is the only time they do it then I’m not happy.

Just to ask the question;

From the list of frames I would liked to see which one of these would you like to see?

you... you liked  my frame idea 😄 thank you!

23 hours ago, Aurorarising said:

mech

22 hours ago, Blexander said:

Yeah, I agree, most of these are better concepts than what "won".

The ones I like most are beast, spartan, spider, and time. I don't know how a mech or genie frame would work (if at all), the ghost theme has sorta been butchered with Wisp, samurai and kunoichi are kinda generic, though, we could use a female version of Ash (you know what I mean)

I have made a concept idea on a Mech and a Genie warframe, If you want to see it click the link. On the post is a link to them and more.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1164528-to-de-warframe-competition/

21 hours ago, TherUray said:

Don't forget the summoner, had more support than the original page

Yes that idea had more than 100 likes if I'm not mistaken however I listed ideas that I personally liked and a summoner was not one of them.

2 minutes ago, Akemi-2ro said:

you... you liked  my frame idea 😄 thank you!

Which one?

3 minutes ago, Akemi-2ro said:

time 🙂

It`s not just me almost everyone wants a time based warframe. Just think of the possibilities; rewind, fast-forward, record, pause, decay, past present and future, so many ideas for it but instead they choose 8 out of 10 ideas (I think) that got between 10-26 likes, make that make some bloody sense.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

It`s not just me almost everyone wants a time based warframe. Just think of the possibilities; rewind, fast-forward, record, pause, decay, past present and future, so many ideas for it but instead they choose 8 out of 10 ideas (I think) that got between 10-26 likes, make that make some bloody sense.

wait did some one else already suggest a time frame before me. also yea i had some ideas that i felt would work within the confines of their engine for ability's 

On 2020-03-20 at 3:35 PM, [DE]Helen said:
  • Kamaitachi: Japanese yokai beast that rides devilish winds and attacks people with limbs like that of a sickle or razor.

Aw man, I hope it's this one. And that you guys choose the cliche beefy dude with long fluffy hair. Those always look super sweet, and a wind riding demon just sounds stupid awesome.

1 hour ago, Akemi-2ro said:

wait did some one else already suggest a time frame before me. also yea i had some ideas that i felt would work within the confines of their engine for ability's 

Time warframe has been one of the most suggested things since the dawn of the game. Beats me how it didn't win, but then again they keep putting time-control abilities on other frames so there's that.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Protea already has a time-based ability and DE doesn't choose these themes based on popularity directly - they choose based on what they like and/or can feasibly implement. It was like this with Nova as well. The most popular themes weren't chosen by DE last time around either.

Like, the quadruped frame was a really popular theme idea this time going by likes, but that's not on the council's voting docket. Probably because DE couldn't implement it without a tremendously massive amount of animation reworks for little to no gain (quadruped needs new animations for every weapon in the game and those new animations only work on the quadruped, not other frames) so they made the decision to pass over that one.

Frankly, I don't mind this mechanism. While it's cool that the community gets a hand in shaping the next frame, not many of us are professional game designers who know how to make something work, and I suspect a lot of these themes in practice would end up sucking. Like, summoner frame. Popular thematic idea... But I don't think a frame built entirely around summoning pets would be a good idea - Khora's cat is more of a neat gimmick than something you can rely on, and a summoner frame almost by definition would be built entirely around pet AI.

On 2020-03-20 at 2:35 PM, [DE]Helen said:

We have closed the Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas and reviewed all submissions to choose the Top 10! Design Council voting has begun and closes on Thursday, March 26. The theme with the most votes will become the next community-created Warframe!

Top 10 Themes:

• Calligraphy: "A vision of a monk and a scholar, deadly yet sophisticated."
    • Submitted by JareeZy
  • Hive: "Hosts a swarm of bloodthirsty flying swarm insects seeking enemies to feast upon."
    • Submitted by xX_ReiMar_Xx
  • Broken Warframe: "It's obviously not put together correctly and it's pretty much the epitome of making a bug a feature."
    • Submitted by eaterofstorms
  • Morpheus: "Based on the Greek god of sleep and dreams."
    • Submitted by JONNY_AFRO_
  • Falconer: "A falconer based Warframe from Cetus, that has a companion, like Khora, that is a condroc."
    • Submitted by DerpasaurasRex0
  • Ballerina: "A ballerina based frame, dancing majestically over the battle field."
    • Submitted by Jarranna
  • Ghost in the Machine: "Based around the idea of hacking, setup and data transfer."
    • Submitted by Sekan
  • Arawn, King of Annwn: "Believed to set the Cŵn Annwn loose to hunt mundane creatures." This Warframe's Cŵn Annwn would be a Kubrow, a spectral hound.
    • Submitted by Avenka
  • Gargoyle: A stone monster believed to frighten away evil spirits.
    • Submitted by Horizon Ultima

Honestly, I'm disappointed. None of these sound worthwhile.

Caligraphy is a similar theme to Baruuk and Harrow, at least on the surface. The execution might make it different enough, but the whole idea just seems strange to me.
Hive is too similar to Nidus for my comfort. If anything, Nidus's 1 could be reworked to send a swarm out instead of a stomp. As someone else said, he's basically Shino Aburame from the manga/anime Naruto.
Broken: this is completely wrong. The Orokin were perfectionists to the point of narcissism and would never release a broken warframe. It's completely against who they are.
Morpheus: Equinox and Ivara's sleep arrow say Hi. Also, Morpheus is the god of dreams only. Hypnos is the god of sleep (and Morpheus' father, for that matter).
Falconer: Khorra with a bird. We already have Khorra: we dont need the same theme again. If you're going to make it different enough to be interesting, it needs to be more than one animal. A Beastmaster, where his abilities are a bird, kubrow/kubrodon, and something else.
Ballerina: Really? I mean.... what? I get maybe 'battle dancer' or something, like River Tam vs the Reavers in Serenity, but 'ballerina'? Nah. And I'm fully aware that Summer Glau (River's actress) is a trained ballet dancer, but that fight did not conjure the image of 'ballerina'. And if anything, lady Garuda gives me the 'battle dancer' vibe, though I admit I have not played her yet.
Ghost in the Machine: The Operator says hi. We are, literally, the ghost in the machine. We project our consciousness, our 'ghost' into the machine body. Furthermore, hacking/data transfer is hardly a combat mechanic, or any kind of useful support skillset given the current mechanics of the game.
Arawn: see Falconer/Beastmaster above.
Kamaitachi:Rides the wind? Revanat and Wukong. Limbs like a sickle?: literally anyone wielding dual kamas. There is nothing of interest here.
Gargoyle: So.... Atlas's Rumblers turned into a frame.

There were good ideas. Lots of them.
Furion is a great beast frame idea.
Bastion is a great idea for a proper paladin. Not the druid-paladin that Oberon is, but a right and proper knightly paladin.

How did all the terrible ones get picked? No disrespect intended to the creators, but man....

It could be a stealth tank type warframe with its ability to camouflage itself disguising itself as enemies and the enemies do not detect you unless you are very close to them since they would realize that it is a warframe in disguise (this ability can only transform you into an enemy of the predominant faction of the mission) once activated you will be able to walk like them and you will see how they are limited only to camouflage you cannot shoot or parlor

18 minutes ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

So when does the community vote? or is this just another internally made frame but "claimed" to be community made?

Pretty much, community throws ideas they cherry pick the ones that fits their agenda then founders, cause they need to feel special,  vote for the best theme. Then the artist draws the Warframe based on the theme then repeat step one but instead of theme it's abilities.

Archived