Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be Part of the Next Community-Created Warframe

[DE]Helen

3 hours ago, Sentinel-14 said:

Honestly, I'm disappointed. None of these sound worthwhile.

Caligraphy is a similar theme to Baruuk and Harrow, at least on the surface. The execution might make it different enough, but the whole idea just seems strange to me.
Hive is too similar to Nidus for my comfort. If anything, Nidus's 1 could be reworked to send a swarm out instead of a stomp. As someone else said, he's basically Shino Aburame from the manga/anime Naruto.
Broken: this is completely wrong. The Orokin were perfectionists to the point of narcissism and would never release a broken warframe. It's completely against who they are.
Morpheus: Equinox and Ivara's sleep arrow say Hi. Also, Morpheus is the god of dreams only. Hypnos is the god of sleep (and Morpheus' father, for that matter).
Falconer: Khorra with a bird. We already have Khorra: we dont need the same theme again. If you're going to make it different enough to be interesting, it needs to be more than one animal. A Beastmaster, where his abilities are a bird, kubrow/kubrodon, and something else.
Ballerina: Really? I mean.... what? I get maybe 'battle dancer' or something, like River Tam vs the Reavers in Serenity, but 'ballerina'? Nah. And I'm fully aware that Summer Glau (River's actress) is a trained ballet dancer, but that fight did not conjure the image of 'ballerina'. And if anything, lady Garuda gives me the 'battle dancer' vibe, though I admit I have not played her yet.
Ghost in the Machine: The Operator says hi. We are, literally, the ghost in the machine. We project our consciousness, our 'ghost' into the machine body. Furthermore, hacking/data transfer is hardly a combat mechanic, or any kind of useful support skillset given the current mechanics of the game.
Arawn: see Falconer/Beastmaster above.
Kamaitachi:Rides the wind? Revanat and Wukong. Limbs like a sickle?: literally anyone wielding dual kamas. There is nothing of interest here.
Gargoyle: So.... Atlas's Rumblers turned into a frame.

There were good ideas. Lots of them.
Furion is a great beast frame idea.
Bastion is a great idea for a proper paladin. Not the druid-paladin that Oberon is, but a right and proper knightly paladin.

How did all the terrible ones get picked? No disrespect intended to the creators, but man....

I agree with you on Morpheus, he's similar to equinox but if you read the original post about him, It's much more about dreams and ilusion (yep similar to Mirage but then again, any ideia it's probably groing to be similar to something they already done)

Come on DE, you can do better. You said something about theme must be original. Now, what makes a theme original?

I'm kinda disappointed. I mean, u picked 10, and guess what? Only few of them sounds appealing to me.

Calligraphy is quite bizarre for a theme ngl. I actually liked it.

Hive, uhh, nidus + titania is the first thing that comes to my mind.

Broken warframe. No.

Morpheus? Sleep and dreams? Sounds like limbo with sleeps.

Falconer is just khora with birb, but for some reason caught my interest.

Ballerina. Now, my brain just can't process stuff. Add an octavia, and there you have it.

Ghost in a machine. Now this, I like the concept (though I'm kinda skeptical about the skills), but still good.

Arawn, another khora but with spectral doggo.

Kamaitachi, reminds me of wukong and titania (again). It's like a rush frame tho.

Gargoyle? Another flying frame. This one's gotta be heavy tho.

Well, there goes my (S***ty but honest) opinion. Still, i think the puppet and summoner frame is somewhat more original than some of these. I'm not upset or anything, I just find it weird.

Won't change anything so i just hope it turns out good.

Sry, I just dont like any of the top 10 picks... They all sound pretty lame in comparison to whats already available. I would have voted on any of the numerous werwolf ideas that were posted... That sounded cool & fresh for a warframe theme. Transformation isnt really something we have outside of equinox. The falconer or spectral kubrow guy would be cool except they seem pretty boring lol...Oh well guess I'll just keep anticipating Khora Prime. Gl contestants!

What if the broken warframe was something like a chimera or a manticore? It could have certain bug features like a scorpion tail or exalted claws. It would be a beast like a gargoyle, it would also have inspiration from greek mythology. Plus it could have a wide array of powers to make it unique. Maybe one of its powers could be copy the 1 from other warframes or something. 

16 hours ago, (PS4)ShellChek said:

I apologize, I hope not late!

Unfortunately, you are too late. Sorry. Everyone who is posting concepts here is too late. This was also not the submission thread.

14 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Anyway, how to vote? Just put like to it?

In Helen's OP, it's outlined that the DC will be voting on the choices DE selected. The DC is made up of Founders and regular players from every platform. It is not Founders only. It was Founders only a long time ago. DE opened it up to better represent the player base in voting. It is DE-invite only, but it is not Founders only. Anyone can become a part of the DC.

The list of 10 finalists should not be public. It was leaked, as far as I can tell, to the forum and the subreddit. It's even made it to a Tactical Potato video (by way of the subreddit or the forum, I gather). My bad. Helen has posted the list is in the OP.

The best thing to do right now would be to start coming up with ideas for abilities for each of the 10 warframes so you are ready to participate at the date Helen stated in the OP (for the public ability design phase).

13 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

It's gone to the Founders now. They have a special forum, because they were OG high end backers of Warframe. It goes to them for voting.

:thumbup:

The DC is made up of Founders and regular players from every platform. It is not Founders only. It was Founders only a long time ago. DE opened it up to better represent the player base in voting. It is DE-invite only, but it is not Founders only. Anyone can become a part of the DC.

11 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

One of the most dumb idea I think.

The DC is made up of Founders and regular players from every platform. It is not Founders only. It was Founders only a long time ago. DE opened it up to better represent the player base in voting. It is DE-invite only, but it is not Founders only. Anyone can become a part of the DC.

3 hours ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

So when does the community vote? or is this just another internally made frame but "claimed" to be community made?

As outlined in Helen's OP, it is a community-made warframe, but in different phases. The community made suggestions in the open submission thread. DE chose 10. The DC votes for one of those 10. A DE art team member creates the warframe's look. Community Tennogen artist Faven creates the alternate helmet. The community submits warframe abilities. DE picks the abilities that they like/think will work and then spends almost 3 months making sense of everything and turning it into a playable warframe. 

Unveiling is in July at Tennocon. What Tennocon will look like due to COVID-19, though, we're yet to see. Could be a fully-digital experience if the pandemic hasn't been beaten back.

So, it is a community-made warframe. A decent portion of us are simply unhappy about the 10 semi-finalist themes. A decent portion are unhappy about not having a public vote. Those things can both be true while it being a community-warframe also remains true.

2 hours ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Pretty much, community throws ideas they cherry pick the ones that fits their agenda then founders, cause they need to feel special,  vote for the best theme. Then the artist draws the Warframe based on the theme then repeat step one but instead of theme it's abilities.

Agreed overall, but the DC is made up of Founders and regular players from every platform. It is not Founders only. It was Founders only a long time ago. DE opened it up to better represent the player base in voting. It is DE-invite only, but it is not Founders only. Anyone can become a part of the DC.

I don't think the Founders need to feel special. I think DE wants all of us to feel special, thus they've tried to involve every aspect of the community in the design. Yes, it's an imperfect contest and many are unhappy, but it's pretty clear DE wanted to involve all of us.

Reiterating the schedule again for people. It's a lot of information and even though I read it several times, I never remembered that DE would only be picking 10 themes.

On 2020-03-06 at 10:09 AM, [DE]Helen said:

Community-Design-Warframe-Timeline-16-9.jpg

Design Council: Vote for Theme

The Design Council is a group of Founders and passionate players that the Dev Team goes to when they need specific Warframe feedback or ideas. Through forum polls, open calls, and feedback threads, the Design Council has helped shape Warframe. The group has grown over seven years, with invites sent monthly to players who are highly active in the community.

After reviewing all Warframe theme submissions, the Dev Team will choose a Top 10 to present to the Design Council!

The Design Council will vote from Friday, March 20 - Thursday, March 26 to choose the final Warframe theme.

Community: Ability Design

With a strong theme and official artwork as inspiration, it will be time to design Warframe Abilities!

The call for Warframe Abilities is open Friday, April 17 - Thursday, April 30

Determine the power and play-style of the community-designed Warframe! We will update this official forum post with a link to submit Warframe Abilities once the call for submissions is live.

8 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Where do we go to vote for the frame theme?!

You dont. You're not on the design council. It's in the original post: Only the design council gets to vote on the theme. The 'community' part of this whole ordeal was just to spitball theme ideas, then later come back and pitch ability ideas. We, the community-at-large, were never going to get to vote on anything.

God all of these options are terrible! The big players for the past YEARS get tossed aside for a freaking ballerina, ANOTHER tech frame, and many more basically copy/paste ideas...

Tanks that swap def and atk, summoners, a wolf-like frame, something of viking-esque heritage, and a huge bulk of great ideas. But no... we get a doodler and a dancer. At leasy Saryn might learn some moves from her... Not that it matters anyway, it's probably going to be another female glass cannon frame that's picked by streamers and paying players over the actual community. But hey, why not, right? Let's hope they have better ideas on the drawing board going forward, cause these ain't it.

I want you guys to pay attention to something;

They decided to change how they are going to pick the "top 10" themes based on popularity (which it really isn`t) but when you look at most of the 10, the likes are between 10 and 26 seriously, how is that based on popularity. when I see concept over 100 likes even then they shouldn't have chosen them based on popularity since they didn`t even say the in the bloody first place.

Void: A Tenno Merged with a Frame. 

Lore: 

Using the power of the Void and the warframe serum, the Orokin scientist merged a Tenno with a prototype of Excalibur which looks like Umbra (that’s where they got the design for Umbra. Maybe more lore added?) Expected, Void turned on the Orokin and killed many of them. The scientist realised that they made Void too powerful, but it was already too late.

Abilities: (I don’t want to make a fourth type of Excalibur nor make these abilities like the void attacks so I’ll make as different as I can) 

1: Voidal spear / javelin.  Void makes a spear / javelin out of Void energy he then throws it wherever the player desires. This does slash and impact damage. 45 Energy

2: Voidal Blink: Void teleports to any location the player chooses (Max 15 metres, range increases as ability upgrades and ability strength mods are added). 30 Energy 

3: Voidal slash. Void creates a sword out of void energy and slashes his enemies in-front of him, he then thrusts the sword forward which also causes them them too be pushed back. This does slash and blast damage. 75 Energy 

4: Voidal Transference. Void pushes his Tenno form out of his frame (because he is merged with another Tenno) and this mysterious Tenno will act as an operator. (You can still operate the frame). 150 Energy. 

Since Void still is a Tenno if you go operator mode he will fight on his own like Umbra.

Hey DE if you add this frame into the game (I hope) feel free to change modify Void’s properties.

Design ideas: You can see remnants of Excalibur and the Transference suit. Colours of Excalibur, the void and Orokin.

I hope this gets added on the game!! (If you read this whole submission thank you!)

40 minutes ago, RainbowChrome said:

Void: A Tenno Merged with a Frame. 

Lore: 

Using the power of the Void and the warframe serum, the Orokin scientist merged a Tenno with a prototype of Excalibur which looks like Umbra (that’s where they got the design for Umbra. Maybe more lore added?) Expected, Void turned on the Orokin and killed many of them. The scientist realised that they made Void too powerful, but it was already too late.

Abilities: (I don’t want to make a fourth type of Excalibur nor make these abilities like the void attacks so I’ll make as different as I can) 

1: Voidal spear / javelin.  Void makes a spear / javelin out of Void energy he then throws it wherever the player desires. This does slash and impact damage. 45 Energy

2: Voidal Blink: Void teleports to any location the player chooses (Max 15 metres, range increases as ability upgrades and ability strength mods are added). 30 Energy 

3: Voidal slash. Void creates a sword out of void energy and slashes his enemies in-front of him, he then thrusts the sword forward which also causes them them too be pushed back. This does slash and blast damage. 75 Energy 

4: Voidal Transference. Void pushes his Tenno form out of his frame (because he is merged with another Tenno) and this mysterious Tenno will act as an operator. (You can still operate the frame). 150 Energy. 

Since Void still is a Tenno if you go operator mode he will fight on his own like Umbra.

Hey DE if you add this frame into the game (I hope) feel free to change modify Void’s properties.

Design ideas: You can see remnants of Excalibur and the Transference suit. Colours of Excalibur, the void and Orokin.

I hope this gets added on the game!! (If you read this whole submission thank you!)

Its over and this isnt even the thread to submit anything. You're way too late.

5 hours ago, Sentinel-14 said:

You dont. You're not on the design council. It's in the original post: Only the design council gets to vote on the theme. The 'community' part of this whole ordeal was just to spitball theme ideas, then later come back and pitch ability ideas. We, the community-at-large, were never going to get to vote on anything.

Tbf I thought the community as a whole was being considered the design council.

45 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Tbf I thought the community as a whole was being considered the design council.

For example, Nova was designed almost entirely by the design council, not by the entire community, but nova is still however, a pretty strong warframe.

Here, the whole community will be designing the abilities of the picked warframe after a community artist designs the look.

Note, we will not be designing the theme of the warframe abilities, but the entire ability set.

i dont know, all these warframes sound quite useless. just another bunch of Pre ScarletSpear Grendels. 

The worst ideas of them all

Ballerina, hell no.

Calligraphy, the grammar nazi frame. 

Broken, the game ia broken enough withouth intention. 

Morpheus, Yet another Equinox, Baruuk, Ivara. sleep is not fun. 

Just forget new warframes for a while, and add to NewWar and RailJack, and fix the anoying KDrive falling trough map glitch. 

19 hours ago, Cpl_Facehugger said:

Protea already has a time-based ability and DE doesn't choose these themes based on popularity directly.

I would rather have a time theme warframe then time related abilities on other frames plus I don`t see how Protea`s 4th ability is going to be useful besides restoring what you lost and even then their are other ways for it to work than what they have done.

You say that but literally they said in this post that they are picking concepts based on popularity "directly" don't believe me? go look it up.

Archived