Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be Part of the Next Community-Created Warframe

[DE]Helen

A lot on the list seems close to stuff we already have. If we were to get a new petframe I'd prefer Falconer because it has a companion we don't already have. 

But if rumors are true, it appears "the Coucil" has the memeframe in the lead of winning.... doesn't surprise me :smh:

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Gashryo:

Should've maybe mentioned this in the very first post for further emphasis though. 🤨

well its not like google is difficult to use....ppl use google for all kinds of silly stuff so it cant be that difficult to do minor research instead of having everything spoonfed.

its exactly 3 words for google to give the answer: "warframe design council" and then the very first link is what i posted above.

6 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

For example, Nova was designed almost entirely by the design council, not by the entire community, but nova is still however, a pretty strong warframe.

Here, the whole community will be designing the abilities of the picked warframe after a community artist designs the look.

Note, we will not be designing the theme of the warframe abilities, but the entire ability set.

This is going to be a disaster 

2 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

wow, the amount of salt because they didn't get the concept they like is immense.

Can't wait to see the salt when it comes to designing abilities. xD

Also, the chosen concept are honestly kind a bad.

Calligraphy and gargoyle seem extremely limited.

theres like 5 frames that involve controlling some kind of animal/creature.

Broken frame is just a meme.

Morpheus sounds lame as we learned with old Vauban, being exclusively CC doesn’t help.

8 hours ago, RainbowChrome said:

Void: A Tenno Merged with a Frame. 

Lore: 

Using the power of the Void and the warframe serum, the Orokin scientist merged a Tenno with a prototype of Excalibur which looks like Umbra (that’s where they got the design for Umbra. Maybe more lore added?) Expected, Void turned on the Orokin and killed many of them. The scientist realised that they made Void too powerful, but it was already too late.

Abilities: (I don’t want to make a fourth type of Excalibur nor make these abilities like the void attacks so I’ll make as different as I can) 

1: Voidal spear / javelin.  Void makes a spear / javelin out of Void energy he then throws it wherever the player desires. This does slash and impact damage. 45 Energy

2: Voidal Blink: Void teleports to any location the player chooses (Max 15 metres, range increases as ability upgrades and ability strength mods are added). 30 Energy 

3: Voidal slash. Void creates a sword out of void energy and slashes his enemies in-front of him, he then thrusts the sword forward which also causes them them too be pushed back. This does slash and blast damage. 75 Energy 

4: Voidal Transference. Void pushes his Tenno form out of his frame (because he is merged with another Tenno) and this mysterious Tenno will act as an operator. (You can still operate the frame). 150 Energy. 

Since Void still is a Tenno if you go operator mode he will fight on his own like Umbra.

Hey DE if you add this frame into the game (I hope) feel free to change modify Void’s properties.

Design ideas: You can see remnants of Excalibur and the Transference suit. Colours of Excalibur, the void and Orokin.

I hope this gets added on the game!! (If you read this whole submission thank you!)

Oh man, I had the same today. Exactly the same, even the name.  I was thinking of a Warframe designed to amplify the operator's Void powers.

Only the abilities and synergies I was thinking of were quite different.

On 2020-03-06 at 1:36 PM, Skaleek said:

We should have a frame that is entirely RNG based and call it Warframe-frame.

P.S. My post is not constructive, I'm sorry.

One of its abilities can be to increase damage to a specific faction and you can change which one. For the ultimate you can choose any warframe ultimate in the game but the strength of it is cut in half. Its passive can increase the drop rate of rare items. It can look like that model that appears when you join an online session and other people’s warframes are still loading in. We need a Warframe-frame

4 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

I would rather have a time theme warframe then time related abilities on other frames plus I don`t see how Protea`s 4th ability is going to be useful besides restoring what you lost and even then their are other ways for it to work than what they have done.

Well yeah, sure you'd rather have something different, but that doesn't matter to the point I'm making, which is that DE didn't choose themes based on how popular they seem, but based on other criteria.

Again, this is exactly how it worked with Nova. Tenno submit ideas, DE picks what ideas they like, gives the council the opportunity to vote for which idea to choose. Of course, if what they did with Nova holds true, we'll probably end up getting some of the runner up themes in other frames eventually, like we did with Zephyr and Valkyr.

You say that but literally they said in this post that they are picking concepts based on popularity "directly" don't believe me? go look it up.

I just did. In the OP for this thread, all DE says is that they'll pick a top ten for the council to choose from. They say nothing about what criteria they'd use to pick that top ten, and they absolutely don't say they'll pick the themes to present to the council based on popularity. "Top ten" could easily mean "Top ten themes DE likes enough to consider making a frame around."

What they say is that they'll go with what the council votes for, and that's probably what's confusing you - just like with Nova, DE chooses a set of themes they like, then gives the council a choice of those themes to proceed further. DE at no point promised they would pick the most popular themes from the community. Certainly there's good reasons not to choose some of them, like the quadruped frame that got a lot of likes but which would be a nightmare to implement.

I don`t know about you guys but whatever they pick the only way I will be satisfied with the frame are two things;

The frame has to visually looks sick and the abilities have to be unique I`M TALKING HARROW LEVEL OF UNIQUENESS, imo Harrow has the most unique ability mechanics in the game.

Also its safe to assume that the ability part of this is also going to be chosen based on popularity, so if you see a prob with someone's ability idea don`t cuss them out just explain why you have an issue with it and what you would do instead based on their ability idea. (without being rude) This is another way to help DE to make a choice when choosing ability ideas.

Even through I think most of the concepts are not a big deal If I had to pick one, I hope they pick ghost in a machine.

On 2020-03-20 at 12:35 PM, [DE]Helen said:

We have closed the Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas and reviewed all submissions to choose the Top 10! Design Council voting has begun and closes on Thursday, March 26. The theme with the most votes will become the next community-created Warframe!

Top 10 Themes:

• Calligraphy: "A vision of a monk and a scholar, deadly yet sophisticated."
    • Submitted by JareeZy
  • Hive: "Hosts a swarm of bloodthirsty flying swarm insects seeking enemies to feast upon."
    • Submitted by xX_ReiMar_Xx
  • Broken Warframe: "It's obviously not put together correctly and it's pretty much the epitome of making a bug a feature."
    • Submitted by eaterofstorms
  • Morpheus: "Based on the Greek god of sleep and dreams."
    • Submitted by JONNY_AFRO_
  • Falconer: "A falconer based Warframe from Cetus, that has a companion, like Khora, that is a condroc."
    • Submitted by DerpasaurasRex0
  • Ballerina: "A ballerina based frame, dancing majestically over the battle field."
    • Submitted by Jarranna
  • Ghost in the Machine: "Based around the idea of hacking, setup and data transfer."
    • Submitted by Sekan
  • Arawn, King of Annwn: "Believed to set the Cŵn Annwn loose to hunt mundane creatures." This Warframe's Cŵn Annwn would be a Kubrow, a spectral hound.
    • Submitted by Avenka
  • Kamaitachi: Japanese yokai beast that rides devilish winds and attacks people with limbs like that of a sickle or razor.
    • Submitted by AmdorElensar
  • Gargoyle: A stone monster believed to frighten away evil spirits.
    • Submitted by Horizon Ultima

You guys better listen to GrindHardSquad, he has a point. And personally I wanted to see Hennya in Warframe, it's been awhile since we had a new quest warframe

Cerebus, No it doesn't have three heads instead it'll act similarly to chroma and equinox however having three forms instead of two. And being an Elemental having access to three of the base elements. The first ability being to switch between forms similarly to Equinox however the switch will act similarly to Ivara's arrows. The switch resulting in an eruption of whichever element form you switch to dealing AOE damage. The second ability and third ability I'm unsure of but the fourth ability will be his ult where he increases all damage and makes all of his weapons deal every element damage he has pretty much a supercharged form dealing immense damage

On 2020-03-23 at 1:39 PM, Sentinel-14 said:

Honestly, I'm disappointed. None of these sound worthwhile.

Caligraphy is a similar theme to Baruuk and Harrow, at least on the surface. The execution might make it different enough, but the whole idea just seems strange to me.
Hive is too similar to Nidus for my comfort. If anything, Nidus's 1 could be reworked to send a swarm out instead of a stomp. As someone else said, he's basically Shino Aburame from the manga/anime Naruto.
Broken: this is completely wrong. The Orokin were perfectionists to the point of narcissism and would never release a broken warframe. It's completely against who they are.
Morpheus: Equinox and Ivara's sleep arrow say Hi. Also, Morpheus is the god of dreams only. Hypnos is the god of sleep (and Morpheus' father, for that matter).
Falconer: Khorra with a bird. We already have Khorra: we dont need the same theme again. If you're going to make it different enough to be interesting, it needs to be more than one animal. A Beastmaster, where his abilities are a bird, kubrow/kubrodon, and something else.
Ballerina: Really? I mean.... what? I get maybe 'battle dancer' or something, like River Tam vs the Reavers in Serenity, but 'ballerina'? Nah. And I'm fully aware that Summer Glau (River's actress) is a trained ballet dancer, but that fight did not conjure the image of 'ballerina'. And if anything, lady Garuda gives me the 'battle dancer' vibe, though I admit I have not played her yet.
Ghost in the Machine: The Operator says hi. We are, literally, the ghost in the machine. We project our consciousness, our 'ghost' into the machine body. Furthermore, hacking/data transfer is hardly a combat mechanic, or any kind of useful support skillset given the current mechanics of the game.
Arawn: see Falconer/Beastmaster above.
Kamaitachi:Rides the wind? Revanat and Wukong. Limbs like a sickle?: literally anyone wielding dual kamas. There is nothing of interest here.
Gargoyle: So.... Atlas's Rumblers turned into a frame.

There were good ideas. Lots of them.
Furion is a great beast frame idea.
Bastion is a great idea for a proper paladin. Not the druid-paladin that Oberon is, but a right and proper knightly paladin.

How did all the terrible ones get picked? No disrespect intended to the creators, but man....

Well, I have to say I agree with you on many points, but to play devil's advocate a little here's some "optimism" for you

Caligraphy: with the proper execution, this could be an amazing warframe.  While I can't get the image of an exalted Greatsword that looks like a brush, there are a few ways this could be extremely well executed. 

Hive: I dislike the idea of an infection swarm, but something more akin to a bee keeper could be interesting.  Would have prefered a swarm of nanomachines myself

Broken: While you are right that the Orokin would never have released a broken warframe, what about if it got broken after release?  Im imagining a warframe lost or discarded after it was damaged, but some ghost in it's program caused it to slowly repair itself with mismatched pieces.

Morpheus: Ya, I got nothing for this.  Just too similar to a theme already covered multiple times

Falconer/Arwen: Again, don't have much here.  Would be cool if instead of having a bonus companion these guys had an Exalted Companion that replaced existing ones.

Ballerina:  I imagine something akin to Camile from League of Legends but more ballerina focused.

The rest I can kind of defend but the argument gets progressively weaker from there.  Like I said, I'm playing devil's advocate here, mainly trying to spread some hope about the themes turning out well.  I'm nervous that they'll end poorly myself, but we might get some amazing concepts!

Can I speak Chinese?我觉得下个战甲你可以设计为:

demon或者devil,译为恶魔猎手怎么样?样子可以和恶魔一个样子,毕竟是干掉恶魔后,把它制作成战甲嘛!红黑色的战甲,有着倒刺,和欧美古代战争中的盔甲差不多,具体各位设计师大佬可以在改改呗!Thanks!

Archived