Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be Part of the Next Community-Created Warframe

[DE]Helen

29 minutes ago, Uan91 said:

Hi, Helen

I don't want to question the internal choice but how can possibly be a good idea picking a theme that sais "broken warframe, bug as a feature" in a game where are so many bugs? 

Quite a lot of people/players may think this is a deliberate troll toward the community, especially with the state of the last Update.

Umm... because a lot of people voted for it? DE narrowed down the possible choices to 10, but after that it was the Design Council who chose it.

Not to tell you not to be this thin-skinned but; don't presume the worst before we even know what the thing will look like. The Broken was not my first choice either but considering how Nova is one of my top3 favorite frames (along Baruuk and Gauss), I'm not particularly worried. Who knows it might even have some references to Megaman.exe's 'Bug style' (which would be all sorts of cool).

WOW RELLY? out of all the one you could have chosen; hive, ghost in a machine (the only one I like) you pick the BROKEN FRAME?

My Predictions;

• Because the frame is broken it will visually be un-symmetrical and ugly.
  •  It`s not going to have an aoe damage ability.
  •  If the broken ability is too good it`s going to get nerfed.
  •  It`s going to have many bugs. (might be like khora on release)

Despite all of this I really hope I`m wrong and like I said before, the only way I will be satisfied with this frame is if either It visually looks sick, this contest is a yearly thing and the abilities are unique (Harrow level of uniqueness) if not then frig this frame. 

I want you guys to remember this when this frame is released to either say "I`m so glad this guy was wrong" or "this guy called it".

Cool. Lots of creative possibilities with "Broken". Aside from intentionally buggy abilities, or matrix-like glitches, you can also interpret it as a "broken man". A warframe that doesn't do what warframes do best and has with a fatal defect, or maybe a broken heart/mind.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

WOW RELLY? out of all the one you could have chosen; hive, ghost in a machine (the only one I like) you pick the BROKEN FRAME? 

I KNOW RIGHT!? I extremely wanted the ghost in the machine to win, I even got excited because it had the most likes out of all the themes. They could have done SOOO much like adding drones or adding abilities utilizing the new assassin creed hacking blade. But whatever I guess, what I want to see then is them taking a hacker, glitch, and data leak theme take on the broken frame

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:
  • Because the frame is broken it will visually be un-symmetrical and ugly.
  •  It`s not going to have an aoe damage ability.
  •  If the broken ability is too good it`s going to get nerfed.
  •  It`s going to have many bugs. (might be like khora on release)
  • Asymmetry being ugly is very much a subjective in the eye of the beholder thing
  • I don't see how you could make come to that conclusion at all
  • That could happen regardless of theme
  • We don't even know what abilities is going to have yet

Specifically I feel like a lot of people are kind of getting hung up on "bugs", there's plenty of ways you can reliably convey the idea of a thing being buggy or unreliable without it actually being buggy or unreliable, it's mostly just a matter of framing. Like if I gave you a laser gun with a charging feature and if I held the charge too long the gun would explode and deal AoE damage to all enemies around me you could frame that in universe as it overloading some sort of power cell on the gun itself BUT the actual effect itself isn't necessarily detrimental and it's easy to replicate consistently to the point where gameplay wise it's a trade-off between shooting from a distance or closing the gap to take advantage of the explosion. Like I'd imagine this frames abilities could work similarly where there's a specific "intended" effect but there's a secondary effect that's still useful under different circumstances.

1 hour ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

This may sound weird but has the Warframe's gender already been decided?

Not yet, but I would prefer a male frame since the last community made frame was female. Then if they do this contest again it should be female, just to keep things fair

I love that concept. plus if it gets plenty of bugs then it has achieved it's goals to be a bug frame. Also it gives space for many ideas for abilities. One I thought is the following:

Glitch Fever

The bugframe mark all units that look toward it for x seconds. If a mark unit is kill by a weapon(primary,secondary or melee)(exalted ones don't count) the unit is glitched from the inside out become disarmed and immobilized. For the duration of this effect the unit take increased damage, can ragdoll with just touching it as you move and any damage or status effect immunity it has is removed. This ability can affect bosses but the effect is that it reverse their resistances. for example is a boss has immunity to gas damage  this effect will cause gas damage to cause x4 damage while if for example the boss take x3 damage from slash it will now has x3 resistance to slash. So if a lich had immunity to slash you can now destroy it will slash damage. Efficiency will increase the damage buff, Duration will increase the range of the ability, Range will decrease the cost of the ability and Strength will increase the duration of the ability.

Wow man, no offense but the “broken warframe” gets the winning vote? Kind of a bummer honestly. So many better ideas to choose from, but the guy who gave the idea wrote only two sentences gets the win? Um yeah, I’m going to have to disagree with that. I know nothing can be done about it now, but talk about just another killjoy in this mess of life.

Not to mention he didn’t even elaborate the full idea. So many better ideas but the turd idea gets chosen. Yeah when the frame comes out, I’m going to max it out then never touch it again. Junk belongs in the junk pile.

I was thinking a mix between the Yu-Gi-Oh card 'Ancient gear golem' and from Avengers: Age of Ultron, Tony's broken Iron Legion when being controlled by Ultron.

So a frame missing pieces of a layer of armor showing gears moving with the speed of the warframe.

Or just a very neon warframe with 4 different  textures with a static like phase shift as you use abilities.

10 hours ago, (XB1)Requiem of One said:

Wow man, no offense but the “broken warframe” gets the winning vote? Kind of a bummer honestly. So many better ideas to choose from, but the guy who gave the idea wrote only two sentences gets the win? Um yeah, I’m going to have to disagree with that. I know nothing can be done about it now, but talk about just another killjoy in this mess of life.

Not to mention he didn’t even elaborate the full idea. So many better ideas but the turd idea gets chosen. Yeah when the frame comes out, I’m going to max it out then never touch it again. Junk belongs in the junk pile.

Yeah well they asked for a theme not a fully fleshed out concept.

There are so many directions you could go with the broken theme, something like Umbra but more haunting. Broken doesn't equate to buggy ya know...

Broken Warframe then is it?
Not sure if I prefer the concept over some of the others that reached the design council (like the Hive or Ghost In The Machine concepts) - but I am very intrigued to see what Eornheit cooks up for its main concept.

Excited to see it as it develops!  I adore these interactive challenges between the community, keep it up! 😄

Archived