Be Part of the Next Community-Created Warframe

10 hours ago, (XB1)Requiem of One said:

Wow man, no offense but the “broken warframe” gets the winning vote? Kind of a bummer honestly. So many better ideas to choose from, but the guy who gave the idea wrote only two sentences gets the win? Um yeah, I’m going to have to disagree with that. I know nothing can be done about it now, but talk about just another killjoy in this mess of life.

Not to mention he didn’t even elaborate the full idea. So many better ideas but the turd idea gets chosen. Yeah when the frame comes out, I’m going to max it out then never touch it again. Junk belongs in the junk pile.

Yeah well they asked for a theme not a fully fleshed out concept.

There are so many directions you could go with the broken theme, something like Umbra but more haunting. Broken doesn't equate to buggy ya know...

• Like 2

Broken Warframe then is it?
Not sure if I prefer the concept over some of the others that reached the design council (like the Hive or Ghost In The Machine concepts) - but I am very intrigued to see what Eornheit cooks up for its main concept.

Excited to see it as it develops!  I adore these interactive challenges between the community, keep it up! 😄

A sentient-themed warframe would be fantastic

1st ability=adaptation

2nd ability=release a shockwave to stun enemies

3rd ability=mirage prism but more deadly and shorter range

4th ability=draws arm cannon and fire explosive orbs

I like the idea of "Broken Warframe" but I rly dislike how you use your "secondary resource as a healing"(the stockpiled casings) versus using it offensively for your 4 I also really dislike that its gonna be just another super energy hungry Warframe thats gonna spam bullets like Mesa lets be honest here... Also the idea of "War Veteran" should not include healing and tankyness but more like expertise in multitude of weaponry and the ability to dodge lethal hits to your vitals and maybe incredible mobility(yes even more mobility than in Warframe)... So far every single Warframe that has a Exalted weapon has not exeeded more than 2 exalted weapons (Titania being the prime example here lets be honest almost nobody is using her melee after they removed the hooming effect from it) I can't help but wish the dev team took some inspiration from more fictional guns weaponry reimagine if that new Warframe was not just a super tanky hunk of junk(hehe get it since he is broken warframe) that can take some hits by using a volt shield and bring out his BFG arsenal...but instead it was a guy that can dual wield any 2 guns/weapons together in Warframe or something imagine if the Warframe can pick up the crosshair from the middle of the player's screen and throw it like a shuriken or something lol anything  that is a new unique game mechanic something that is unusual or crazy thats very fitting for his name "Broken Warframe"   right now that concept doesn't seem unique enough ... at least not for me...it is at least at the very least use-able concept for starters tho!

Another edit: What if the Warframe sometimes is like... "You shall stop controlling my body and stabs himself in the gut or something lol
Or he occasionally drops his weapon on the ground and by snapping his fingers together sends off a wave of super space ninja energy and yeets a enemy into space! (that would be a sick passive called "The occasional Yeet")

Okay jokes aside What if this new Warframe had an actual FULL arsenal of exalted weapons? When I read the concept about Broken Warframe I immediately got flashbacks of "Black Rock Shooter" and her arsenal of multitude of shapeshifting weaponry (one of the most humongous ones being the incredibly big machinegun of course fiction/weeb that I am) and her weapons morphed from a "pseudo burst fire/auto Zarr" a "Galatine" into a "Sniper" and the humongous machinegun that left tons of used up bullet casings on the ground being her last resort weapon...u can see a similarity there to 'Broken Warframe' ^^ 

FYI: in case somebody is wondering Black Rock Shooter is an anime character she is quite literally immortal unless you destroyed her weapons(enemies are gonna shoot her weapons) or her other self that is in the real world (seems familiar to Operators in warframe no??)

Edited by Eneitilyn
for the purpose of comedy, these are dark times!
  • Like 1

What were the other 9?

edit: nvm.

but just wow, Broken is interesting, however seeing the other 9 was kinda disappointing. If not for Hive then I would have been deeply upset about the fact they just straight up ignored the dozen+ of people asking for the Spider frame. A Lot of people also asked for a “Soldier” frame as well for whatever reason.

really the thing that irks me the most about this whole thing is that out of all the steps of this process, the most important was the selection of the 10 for the Design Council. The Design Council voting on 1 of 10 is fine, seeing as they are just a elite group of founders, but how those 10 were selected had nothing to at all to do with the Community. Just the Devs meddling. To be fair, they did so to prevent a just absolutely meme filled list of 10 themes.

otherwise this list would have looked VASTLY different if based on likes and number of occurrences

Edited by The_Mister
Read back

dammit i wanted the hive frame! another infested type frame aka nidus's cousin. but instead were getting something to break everything warframe_corpus_facepalm_sfm_by_spobbles

Edited by Coraxnias
  • Like 2

So how many broken themed warframes do we have now?

Valkyr, a mentally broken frame
Revenant a physically broken frame
Umbra, both

Good to see that such an unexplored theme is getting a chance to have a warframe based on it /s

• Like 4

Am I crazy of this "Broken" Warframe will be the first modular frame? Different Neuroptics, Chassis and Systems to choose from and combine in different ways. 

I mean... Is the only way to make this realistically I think 

Yo.....what is that mountain of a warframe in that awesome pic of Faven's Graxx Collection.   The warframe 2-3 to the right of Wisp?????????????

Please dont say thats Hildy....    I like using mostly female frames but a huge mass of muscle really amps me up.  One of my favorite comic book characters is Pitt  from Image.  Atlas Prime is a pretty beefy dude but whatever that frame is LOOKS alot bigger.   

Hurrdurr lets make a meme frame. Honestly feels like a joke at the expense of the player base considering how broken updates have been lately. All the other themes were better. I do not envy the artist that now has to put together something visual for this theme. No idea how the community is going to suggest abilities, either.

Why would the Orokin, who were obsessed with perfection, design a purposefully broken Warframe? Unless they're going to make a reason. Maybe an original Valkyr style thing? But then it seems like DE ret-conned that? I dunno...

Maybe it can be made by experimental internet gas.

Edited by SpaceSheepie
  • Like 6

Just a personal idea and warning to the broken warframe:

The "Broken Warframe" might open new possibilities if done right.

You may do a broken warframe as initial warframe at the beginning.

Due to this happening this may start an event chain later to find some clues about that warframe.

The answer to that frame is an experiment to alter existing warframes to give them new or or change it for other abilities. This will give each player the chance to alter their frames.

You may do this as an alternative to prime frames or as additional event between prime releases. Designed as a neverending storyline, where you may get some hints about those modifications to a specific frame and after finishing the parts of this quests the players get the option to modify this frame.

What kind of modification am I speaking of?

This phase (broken or modified) may alter one ability to an alternative one still fitting to the design of the frame. This cannot be chosen by the player, it's a premade design at this stage and it can be returned with another buildable tool. (with cooldown)

This may be even exploited more by DE in different ways later.

For example finding some ways to get an enhanced modification allowing the player to freely choose some abilities of the specific frame.

The good thing about that is:

You can redesign frames like you did with Vauban without trashing existing abilities. Players may earn those new abilities by doing some quests/events or doing some research in labs and give them some freedom what they want to use on missions. Each ability will still be unique and fitting to the frame.

Or an alternative to that may be a fifth ability. Could be with high cooldown and no costs or maybe full depletion of energy, half cost of energy or disabled shield for some time...

Depending on the warframe this should be some ultimate with some risk.

It's just an idea, so take your time to think about it

• Like 1

"It's obviously not put together correctly and it's pretty much the epitome of making a bug a feature."

Really? This joke is the winner?

What's the point of this community created warframe? Nobody created anything here!

Couldn't be anything more generic, this isn't even a description!

Do they really think we are so stupid?

• Like 4
2 hours ago, SpaceSheepie said:

Hurrdurr lets make a meme frame. Honestly feels like a joke at the expense of the player base considering how broken updates have been lately. All the other themes were better. I do not envy the artist that now has to put together something visual for this theme. No idea how the community is going to suggest abilities, either.

Why would the Orokin, who were obsessed with perfection, design a purposefully broken Warframe? Unless they're going to make a reason. Maybe an original Valkyr style thing? But then it seems like DE ret-conned that? I dunno...

Maybe it can be made by experimental internet gas.

Lore wise if Octavia didn't exist I would say the new frame could have been a syndicate frame for Cephalon Suda, since that syndicate is all about digital and curiosity. Or the lore behind it  can be a simulacrum frame, you can get a mission that you have to go scan broken or severed warframe parts and then take it to Cephalon Simaris. Then he manages to make a digital copy of a warframe, but since how complex a warframe is there was complications and now the frame is glitched and data leaks are coming off of it. But you can now have some abilities to bring the simulacrum into battle like in the ending of the Octavia quest. 

Edited by CYBERNETICX

i know they might do the broken part as the look and feel of it but the guy who came up with it just said make a frame that is a complete mess and unfinished and make a bug (something that should not happen) a main thing for it. WHO VOTES FOR THAT!

• Like 3

For all you guys thinking that "broken" is going to be just a meme and bad by design, just stop and think outside the "bug" mentality for a bit. We can have one of the following ideas:

1-A warframe that is like Monsoon from Metal Gear Rising, who can break their body into multiple pieces to dodge or attack from long distances.

2-One with big upsides and downsides (like extra fire rate but less accuracy).

3- An unstable one that can produce bursts of void energy. 

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, HolySeraphin said:

For all you guys thinking that "broken" is going to be just a meme and bad by design, just stop and think outside the "bug" mentality for a bit. We can have one of the following ideas:

1-A warframe that is like Monsoon from Metal Gear Rising, who can break their body into multiple pieces to dodge or attack from long distances.

2-One with big upsides and downsides (like extra fire rate but less accuracy).

3- An unstable one that can produce bursts of void energy. 

Honestly, I don't know why people are complaining about the "bug" theme. Personally I think it's cool, I actually made a concept a while ago. If they go with the glitch side of things it would be a great frame

Edited by CYBERNETICX
On 2020-03-27 at 8:00 PM, Basilisk1991 said:
  • Asymmetry being ugly is very much a subjective in the eye of the beholder thing
  • I don't see how you could make come to that conclusion at all
  • That could happen regardless of theme
  • We don't even know what abilities is going to have yet

Even so I have a strong feeling it`s going to be un-symmetrical and ugly.

Because DE has not made any frame with a damage aoe ability for a while that's why.

Even so it still doesn't change anything.

The way DE has been carrying on it probably will.

Like I said these are my predictions, I hope this frame impresses me but I`m not building my hopes up. If at least one of these happen you can`t say I didn`t call it. 

• Like 1
On 2020-03-07 at 12:09 AM, [DE]Helen said:

The winning theme is Broken Warframe submitted by eaterofstorms!

Community artist, Eornheit has received the theme and is now designing the next community-created Warframe. Once it's ready, we'll share the final design here! We're looking forward to seeing everything come together.

Appearance suggestion:

Syandana mounting where the head should be.

Legs where the arms should be

Arms where the legs should be.

Head in the chest like Fortuna residents.

Shoulder attachments go with the new arm location

Knee attachments go with the new leg location.

My suggestion on how to earn the Warframe:

Report bugs on the forums. Each week, DE staff then randomly pick 100 bug reporters (number debatable) and distribute the warframe to them via in-game mail.

Warframe's abilities:

1) Zorenado - Basically, a rerun of the Zorencopter. I hear bullet jumps replaced it but this mobility ability is another take on this, basically the warframe springs forward in the target direction, based on your aim, with horizontal spinning motions, energy blades extending out of its sides as it spins, dealing damage based on melee mods as you propel forward at fast speed.

2) Shurinuke. Which is actually Glaive Bomb that Wukong used to have, a "feature" that was eventually deemed a glitch, deleted some time before Wukong got his proper rework. Activate to throw a projectile that explodes. Damage increases when the warframe's  altitude is higher, relative to the ground it last made contact with.

3) Masochist Armor. Chroma's self-damage interaction, granting buffs. Now streamlined into proper ability. A recently nerfed "feature". Tap a button, lose health, gain buffs.

4) Martyrdom. Basically. Trinity Link Nuke - That good old "feature" returns... now just tap a button to sacrifice health to damage the enemies in the area. Deals more damage if activated while airborne, but not too high up (basically like how Trinity would bunny hop while doing her nuke)

Edited by Xepthrichros

Broken Warframe: A Thought Shower

Turns your Tenno inside out during transference.
Makes hacks harder for all involved.
All pickups do the reverse. 
Can clip through walls/floor while ability is active.
All rewards get donated to the Lotus.
All argon crystals picked up expire instantly.
Randomises time/waves for rewards when ability is pressed.
Randomises controls when ability is pressed.
When health hits zero you can still ragdoll around.
Shields are red, health is blue, over shields is yellow
When someone revives you they are downed.
Every time a power is used, affinity is lost.
Reactors half mod capacity. Has 8 aura slots and 1 mod slot.
Fashion is random on Warframe selection. Cannot be changed
Alt helmet is a boot. To get you have to fish on Cetus and Fortuna to build.
Doesn't have a main helmet.
Noble animation is a T-Pose
Constant, loud flashing siren that you cannot turn off.
Chat is always done in red text.
Opening lockers locks them again.
All status effects received are permanent.
Attempting to remove a cyst just adds another one.
Pets and sentinels openly attack you, even on the orbiter.
Has an exalted K Drive. 
Unable to balance on Zip Lines.
Starts the mission off really slow but speeds up as the mission goes on.

Lol, what a mess.

Edited by SpaceSheepie
  • Like 1