Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be Part of the Next Community-Created Warframe

[DE]Helen

Sorry but, a Modular Warframe is just not feasible, look what happened to Archwing. Because the second you add something like this people will ask... why isn’t everything this way? Not to mention even if it was just this one frame, if the Devs aren’t careful it would absolutely be the most powerful or dare I say most Broken frame in the game. 

The way I see it, the broke frame theme will be an excuse for when DE makes mistakes. Either this frame will have issues (like khora did) on release, ppl complain about how buggy it is and then DE will say “but it’s a part of it being a broken frame” which is an excuse for them not to polish the frame on release the 1st time or the bugs are so bad or really OP, ppl complain about them and they fix/nerf it but guess what? The whole point of the frame is for it to be buggy so why fix it? Either way no matter what they do they are screwed. They should have just picked a better concept like a karma, mech, ghost, samurai, kunoichi frame. (just some examples)

@eaterofstorms Awesome, congratulations on getting your theme chosen!

Out of curiosity, if you were to unofficially elaborate, in what particular way do you imagine Broken to be broken, not put together correctly, and being the epitome of bugs as features? Is it like the hardware that's not working properly, is it a jumble of parts from various frames, or is it more the digital glitchy kind? What kind of abilities do you imagine for it?

the best

8 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

@eaterofstorms Awesome, congratulations on getting your theme chosen!

Out of curiosity, if you were to unofficially elaborate, in what particular way do you imagine Broken to be broken, not put together correctly, and being the epitome of bugs as features? Is it like the hardware that's not working properly, is it a jumble of parts from various frames, or is it more the digital glitchy kind? What kind of abilities do you imagine for it?

I mainly thought of broken in the mechanical sense Machinery made that doesn't look optimal but works very well

I also refused to try to come up with abilities for because I knew no one would listen to it I thought a list of detailed abilities might make them reject my theme idea also I honestly thought no one would pay attention my post so I didn't focus on abilities

Ah, nice! I was thinking in about the same tracks as you, then, by the sound of it. I imagined it being quickly thrown together from parts that for one reason or another didn't work on other frames, or just didn't work correctly, but which this frame could make use of. Also, an emergency self-repair that introduced new bugs/buffs due to the use of random scraps. I've seen a lot of people talk about the glitchy or meta-buggy kind though, but I never thought it quite fit the complete wording of your theme, like they just focused on the "bugs as feature" bit.

23 minutes ago, eaterofstorms said:

I also refused to try to come up with abilities for because I knew no one would listen to it I thought a list of detailed abilities might make them reject my theme idea

Yeah, I kinda did the same for my theme submission. I had some ability ideas, but I didn't submit them in the thread. Still, nothing's stopping you from giving your ability ideas once that part of the event comes, so feel free to ponder on some if the artist interpretation lines up with yours well enough ^^

Broken Warframe

Concept: Warframe's health, energy and shield are converted into one meter. The meter is based on how much of your body is remaining from taking hits or using abilities. Taking direct damage removes a portion (based on the amount) from the meter and using abilities takes away a portion (based on efficiency). 

Passive: Any hit to an enemy restores a tiny piece of you, and a kill restores a bigger piece. Your health and energy cannot be restored through health or energy drops. 

All I have come up with so far. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Broken Warframe

Concept: Warframe's health, energy and shield are converted into one meter. The meter is based on how much of your body is remaining from taking hits or using abilities. Taking direct damage removes a portion (based on the amount) from the meter and using abilities takes away a portion (based on efficiency). 

Passive: Any hit to an enemy restores a tiny piece of you, and a kill restores a bigger piece. Your health and energy cannot be restored through health or energy drops. 

All I have come up with so far. 

Wait are you saying that all the bars would mix like they all run off the same bar so I could die from using all my energy or are they all stacked on top of each other so that I lose Shields then energy then Health before I die

8 minutes ago, eaterofstorms said:

Wait are you saying that all the bars would mix like they all run off the same bar so I could die from using all my energy or are they all stacked on top of each other so that I lose Shields then energy then Health before I die

Yes, all energy, shield and health would be derived from one meter representing how broken the frame is. In theory you could kill yourself from using the abilties too much without hitting or killing any enemies to restore the frame back. Im just brain storming. 

For example. Say your bar says 4000/4000 when you take a hit you take damage to that meter and a piece of your warframe chips away, and when you use energy you also use up a portion of that meter and another chip away

1 hour ago, eaterofstorms said:

I think I'll wait until I see what the initial artwork will be before I come up with any solid abilities but I might think of a couple passive abilities

I've imagined his abilities being something like logic defying and manipulation, or I was thinking maybe it would be cool to have this frame focus on copies of yourself or decoys, so we can have another trickster frame. Some abilities I can think of is being able to make 3 copies of himself that act as spectors, also if you press the ability again you can switch to one of your copies, and switch back and forth with all your copies. An ability that can compliment that is you put a virus onto an enemy and now they have static on them and take damage over time, on death they turn into one of your decoys and when they die they infect others near them with the malware. Another can be similar to Revenant's ultimate from Apex where you can put something down or open a glitched breach and when you activate it, on death you don't get downed but just go back to where you activated it, but when it's active you have no shields. Or I saw a concept called Syntax and one of the abilities was to switch appearances with an enemy, which gives you that enemie's appearance and gives the enemy your appearance, I thought this was pretty cool. These are just some things I could think of off the top of my head and I'm more than sure someone can think of something better, but I think he should be mostly about using clones and controlling your clones. Basically like if he was a virus spreading malware through the battle field

This is not a "Community" created warframe, unless the Design Council is the "Community" and is a voice for 50 million players!!! I think not. Next time DE just say the Design Council is making a warframe instead of saying "Be apart of the next Community designed warframe" the community had no say in this and most are disappointed that the pick of the 10 is a meme towards the game at its current state.

Broken warframe..
I was not expecting this theme ^ ^' And I was pretty sceptical about it for 1h.. but then, I started to imagine a kit of abilities..
I'm ready for the idea submission phase, and eager to see the design by Eornheit ^ ^

Personnaly, I'm not a fan of "bug as a feature", so I interpreted the theme "broken" to do a warframe that brokes things, and is himself a little bit broken by his own power.
A warframe who messes up reality itself, by the wild power of the void.. A warframe who seems to.. cheat with the rules ^ ^ A warframe allowed to do some pretty cheated things because he also risks his own life in the process.
There is, a lot of randomness in his powers  (fun and surprise), fragmentation of his body (I have hopes for some metalic/nearly Sentient removable parts of his body), reality aberrations, and raw power.

18 hours ago, The_Mister said:

Sorry but, a Modular Warframe is just not feasible, look what happened to Archwing. Because the second you add something like this people will ask... why isn’t everything this way? Not to mention even if it was just this one frame, if the Devs aren’t careful it would absolutely be the most powerful or dare I say most Broken frame in the game. 

I think DE will try to balance it out if it ends up too powerful. Yeah but the abilities are designed and decided by us so we should get a say on what should and shouldn't be on there. There are bound to be people complaining when something new comes out. So all I see is maybe a little more difficulty, but how does this make it not feasible?

And you can think that way but do you think the Modular Theme is less feasible than the buggy theme?

On 2020-03-29 at 3:52 AM, The_Mister said:

[...] seeing as they are just a elite group of founders [...]

This is no longer true. The group still includes Founders, but here's Helen's quote from the contest thread:

Design Council is a group of Founders and passionate players that the Dev Team goes to when they need specific Warframe feedback or ideas. Through forum polls, open calls, and feedback threads, the Design Council has helped shape Warframe. The group has grown over seven years, with invites sent monthly to players who are highly active in the community.

Here's a support FAQ.

Just doing the math, at 25 invites per month, that's 300 new members a year. If you do that for, say, 4 years that's 1200 new members who are not Founders. There's also a misconception going around that the DC is made up of only Founders and WF Partners. This is also untrue. The DC may include WF Partners in its membership, but I wouldn't know how many nor do I think that number is very large.

By design, the DC is an elite membership/club. That's a fair assessment. But it's also fair and true to say that anyone can join if you meet the requirements in the FAQ above and are invited at DE's discretion.

On 2020-03-30 at 3:23 PM, eaterofstorms said:

Wow i didn't think i would win. I didn't even look at the top ten until today, but my concept was not meant to be a meme. 

Congrats again.

Many believe now, and will continue to believe, that it was meant as a meme (or selected by DE, in part, due to that). If I had to make an educated guess, it is combination of the brevity of your submission and the line "basically the epitome of a bug as a feature" and DE's selection of it over other concepts/Warframe's issues with bugs/broken content that that makes people think it's a meme.

It doesn't make it right or true in terms of your submission, and I'm glad you didn't submit it as a meme.

13 hours ago, Hunter126 said:

I think DE will try to balance it out if it ends up too powerful. Yeah but the abilities are designed and decided by us so we should get a say on what should and shouldn't be on there. There are bound to be people complaining when something new comes out. So all I see is maybe a little more difficulty, but how does this make it not feasible?

And you can think that way but do you think the Modular Theme is less feasible than the buggy theme?

Buggy is a singular theme, modular opens up a door that leads to... honestly another game entirely. If this one frame is modular why aren’t all the others? Why can’t I have Mesa’s 4 with Limbos Passive? Inaros health and 4 with Iron Skin and snow globe?

That’s what I think when I hear Modular Warframe. Just watch, most Modular Archwings from the first wave are going to have Ameshas 1 and 2, Itzals Pull, And Ameshas 4. The 2nd ability may vary but mostly Ameshas 1 is required for Railjack, the Pull combined with Ameshas 4 and Cold Snap will make it a good substitute for Ameshas 3 and it will help with picking up drops. Ameshas 2 is great if your solo Railjack because you can just drop it on top of your ship and go out and kill things with your superior archgun.

its not that I don’t want a Modular Warframe, it’s just if they were going to do it that way they would have from early on. Instead they locked them selves into themes. Not to say it won’t happen, just that the amount of work it would require to modular every Warframe is indeed just not feasible. Archwing has the benefit of being relatively new and under developed, mostly in part due to lack of popularity and usefulness outside their designated missions.

Having one Modular frame will also make the player base beg and harass the devs to just make it that way for every Frame, so unless the Devs are willing to do that, then they will never release a modular Frame.

7 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

This is no longer true. The group still includes Founders, but here's Helen's quote from the contest thread:

Here's a support FAQ.

Just doing the math, at 25 invites per month, that's 300 new members a year. If you do that for, say, 4 years that's 1200 new members who are not Founders. There's also a misconception going around that the DC is made up of only Founders and WF Partners. This is also untrue. The DC may include WF Partners in its membership, but I wouldn't know how many nor do I think that number is very large.

By design, the DC is an elite membership/club. That's a fair assessment. But it's also fair and true to say that anyone can join if you meet the requirements in the FAQ above and are invited at DE's discretion.

Cool, didnt know that and thanks for clearing that up for others as well. Point still stands though. The "Top Ten" was still decided by Devs and NOT the Player base.

5 minutes ago, The_Mister said:

Cool, didnt know that and thanks for clearing that up for others as well. Point still stands though. The "Top Ten" was still decided by Devs and NOT the Player base.

I feel like it should have been decided by the one with most likes. If that was the case, ghost in the machine would have won. Plus that would involve the whole community because it's by the actual player's votes

Archived