Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be Part of the Next Community-Created Warframe

[DE]Helen

3 hours ago, CYBERNETICX said:

Omg are you kidding me! WHY DE, WHY! It's the joker Mortal Kombat gameplay trailer all over again. Just show the concept art already! 

Well showing the actual concept art in the same thread as where people will be posting abilities makes sense (that plus the Artist may have needed some extra time to polish up the art for the public)

6 minutes ago, Basilisk1991 said:

(that plus the Artist may have needed some extra time to polish up the art for the public)

True, but I wouldn't be surprised if DE is just pushing it back. They have a tendency to do that lol, but yea I guess the artist could be needing some more time

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PS4)OmegaSlayer:

Design Council would never pick what's better for the game when they can pick the meme

Even though it might be a meme, if you focus on why the Warframe could be broken in ingame lore it can be a very interesting theme. You have room to create unique lore in regards to its creation and broken state as well as the abilities based around it. I created a concept for this contest that was very well received on reddit (though it's a freaking wall-of-text) in regards to both lore and ability design. I'm looking forward turning it in later today, when the ability design event starts 🙂

10 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Design Council would never pick what's better for the game when they can pick the meme

Hey man, DE picked the finalists from the themes *you* (collectively) voted for. Blame them if you want someone to be mad at.

Also, if you can’t look at the words “broken” and “Warframe” in the same sentence without thinking of a meme, then the problem ain’t with the Council, fam. Just saying.

To be entirely fair, "Warframe is drunk again," and "Bugframe" are a common enough occurence that it's not too surprising when people see "Broken Warframe" and immediately think meme. Not to mention the concept's description....

vor 21 Stunden schrieb [DE]Helen:

We're excited to share that two artists who have been added to the community-created Warframe design team. Introducing Kedemel and Karu!

Kedemel_Header.png

Warframe community artist, Kedemel will design the signature weapon based on the Warframe’s official concept art and Abilities!

From Kedemel:

Hi! My name is Kedemel. I have been playing Warframe since 2015. Since then it has become a huge part of my life, from the friends I have connected and grown closer to as well as influencing the art I create. This game has sparked my imagination and creativity like no other before it. My fanart has ranged from serious to borderline ridiculous!

You can check out Kedemel’s original works and more here!

Karu_Header.png

Warframe community artist, Karu will design the signature Syandana based on the Warframe’s official concept art and Abilities!

From Karu:

Hello, I go by Karu, or TBGkaru, and I mainly focus on character expression in my art - be it body language, outfits, or dynamics between two or more characters! I love focusing on fashionframe and I love thinking about Warframes' backstories and the character-rich world that could have been until we learn more.

You can check out Karu’s Community Spotlight article here!

I wish I was artistically talented. Wish the artists create something unique and sublime!
syndana changes shape, color depending on abilities.
And don't forget warframe players want to see huge damage from weapons, from warframe. We love that. (Speak here for my warframe friends community. Youtube, Twitter ...)

My joy and curiosity about the warframe is so great.

In uncertain times, in which Warframe is a game without vision and one nerf follows the other:

Hope that you [DE] will continue your old warframe vision of 2015/2016. "The old war" Railjack starlet spear are good.

Take my money and the money from my friends. Ready for community Warframe Prime acess

Official Concept Art by Eornheit:

Broken_Warframe_Concept (1).png

Assembled from the remnants of Warframes destroyed during the Old War and held together by Void energy. 

Community artist, Eornheit has completed the official concept art based on the Broken Warframe theme submitted by eaterofstorms! With art to inspire us, we're ready to begin designing Abilities. Check out the Open Call for Warframe Ability Ideas! We look forward to seeing your ideas come to life in-game.

1 minute ago, [DE]Helen said:

Official Concept Art by Eornheit:

Broken_Warframe_Concept (1).png

Assembled from the remnants of Warframes destroyed during the Old War and held together by Void energy. 

Community artist, Eornheit has completed the official concept art based on the Broken Warframe theme submitted by eaterofstorms! With art to inspire us, we're ready to begin designing Abilities. Check out the Open Call for Warframe Ability Ideas! We look forward to seeing your ideas come to life in-game.

Awesome design and he went for theme of truly broken, this is why you gotta give it a chance people

So what is it had a mesh of different types of abilities since it made out of random junk from the old war like let’s say it had a mixture of Void like, sentient, Tenno, and orokin abilities with each theme taking one of the four abilities.  Like for the void maybe some wild energy release, for Tenno some sort of CC for sentient some sort of tank like damage mitigation ability and for the orokin some kind of support or damage ability. I mean this only an idea since I thought mixing things like this would be ok since it’s a Warframe made from pieces of other frames and technology from the old war and not some singular frame with a specific role.

I also say this cause the red stuff on the concept looks ok most like sentient bone/muscle? And the blue looks Tenno, and thirst tendrils remind me of the weird orokin void tree wires that seem to be in every orokin technology 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

I mean this only an idea since I thought mixing things like this would be ok since it’s a Warframe made from pieces of other frames and technology from the old war and not some singular frame with a specific role

Designing the Broken Warframe's kit will be quite a challenge. The abilities will have to synergise with one another, while being completely different. I'm curious what people will come up with!

Archived