Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be Part of the Next Community-Created Warframe

[DE]Helen

Official Syandana by Karu:

FINAL_BROKENFRAME_SYANDANA.png

Community artist, Karu has completed the Broken Warframe's official Syandana design! With the Broken Warframe's release, you'll see this Syandana alongside other community artists' cosmetic creations.

I'm thinking more of a morphing of different types of beasts or creatures which could be involved in a quest to unlock and learn them at certain level requirements. Go here speak to blah gain ability by fighting said creature to be able transform into it or same thing but a summoner of creatures to do your bidding. 

Strong tank creature/ form 

Nibble fast creature / form

Utility creature / form eg heal/res

As a bonus as someone else mentioned

a passive form that enables space/water traveling. 

Ultimate 4th ability summons all creatures they fight together for short term or if form absorbs them and Alters appearance to hulking creature/ form which incorporates high health, nibble and high dmg resistances but after duration is exhausted for a time and needs to consume bodies to regain power. 

Ability Ideas - Just some ideas which seem weird.

1: Uses void energy to create a shock wave to surrounding enemies which shatters them to pieces - enemies hit will heal the Warframe a certain percentage / or give energy at a certain percentage.

2: Spawns miniature Eidolon creatures or Vomvalysts that attack enemies. 

3: Creates a shield which illuminates the Warframe in a glass-like casing - blinding enemies.

4: It's Syanada becomes a passive Eidolon weapon which can be activated after gaining energy from certain amount of kills. 

5: Coils enemies up and extracts rare drop items?

Passive: When walking on the ground - has a chance to drop mini traps which activate upon enemies being nearby.

ooh ooh ooh. DE is super mean to me but i love the idea of helping to design warframes. A suggestion: i know it would be a pain, but perhaps adding different moving styles would go a long way to separating warframes and making each feel like a new game.. 

Idea 1:

Arachne

Power theme: Gravity, Telekinesis

Physical theme: Spider, Judge 

Concept: Use enemies as shields, projectiles and traps. Maybe bite enemies for energy or to prime for explosion. Treat walls as floors. 

Idea 2:

Bastion

Power Theme: Enhance gunnery, Explosions

Physical Theme: Heavy Tank, steampunk

Concept: Enhance/modify normal weapon fire modes/ammunition, proximity mines and point control, missiles or heavy cannon (lot's of clanking, invokes feeling of weight and unstoppability) 

Quirk: Modified run - Jump jets allow Bastion to slide across the ground at high speed. Bad maneuverability. 

Idea 3:

Kilkemy

Power Theme: Chemicals, Alchemy, Possession/Symbiosis

Physical Theme: Glow, Chemical Flasks, Tubes

Concept: 2 powersets. Can "possess/ride" enemies/warframes. Replaces syandana with self. Outside host: fragile, powerful drains/toxin damage, very light/fast. Inside warframe: movement controlled by host, can launch attacks/buff/drain/heal host/light weapons (by being third arm) while gaining host protection (ie. ability to bypass lasers, ironskin) Inside enemy: take complete control. Buff host. Enemies will not attack until cover broken. Host takes slow toxin while possessed, massive toxin on host change. 

c'mon. that last one sounds AMAAAAAZING

On 2020-05-01 at 11:03 AM, (NSW)chaosmoon11 said:

How about a frame that is a roll of the dice so to speak, it.basic premise is that whenever you use an ability, it activates any ability from the warframes you have, for the energy cost equal to the amount you spent. The only ability that the frame can call it’s own is it’s 4, where it rolls two giant dice, dice fall from the sky, dealing damage to the whom ever it falls on,, and then buffs allies through the roof on snake eyes and buffs enemies through the roof on a critical fail ( never gambled so I don’t know what rolls are good or bad). One design I want to happen is that there is a slot machine on the frame’s chest

Omg. I have 50,000,000 ideas for this game. You just described my Chimera warframe. 3 of its powers require you to equip a WARFRAME POWER/BODY PART. How it looks and what it can do is based completely on what warframes you have. 

Doesn't that sound awesome?! 

(Note: Yes. I'm sorry. I ignored the "gambler' concept. There's no strategy. You'd be amazing or garbage at random. However, the concept of rewarding players for being dedicated is amazing. Imagine a warframe named Dhanyavaad (thank you) that gets stronger the more warframes you have, and can equip 3 warframe abilities and body shapes. Not only would EVERYONE want more warframe slots but Fashion Frame would lose its absolute mind.) 

So the Broken Frame is a weapon composed of different bits cobbled together, right?

Doesn't that sound like a modular weapon? Why not make the new frame a modular frame, where its abilities are determined by whatever parts the player used?

Lore wise you can introduce an Infested Colony, a lot like how you can build modular melee weapons on a Grineer colony and modular ranged weapons on a Corpus colony.

An infested colony would make sense here, as Warframes are basically infested, and you can use the modular frame system as a means to flesh out Warframe's lore a bit more.

1 hour ago, CthuluIsSpy said:

So the Broken Frame is a weapon composed of different bits cobbled together, right?

Doesn't that sound like a modular weapon? Why not make the new frame a modular frame, where its abilities are determined by whatever parts the player used?

Lore wise you can introduce an Infested Colony, a lot like how you can build modular melee weapons on a Grineer colony and modular ranged weapons on a Corpus colony.

An infested colony would make sense here, as Warframes are basically infested, and you can use the modular frame system as a means to flesh out Warframe's lore a bit more.

Very good point!

• 2 weeks later...

We’re in the final design stages! The Warframe Team has chosen Ability ideas from multiple Tenno to form their final kit and Kedemel’s weapon design is fully underway. From alt helmet to animation, the Broken Warframe is coming together!

This is our last community-created Warframe update until TennoCon 2020, where we’ll reveal their Abilities and signature weapon. Get ready, Tenno! Your Void-creation will soon flourish.

2 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

We’re in the final design stages! The Warframe Team has chosen Ability ideas from multiple Tenno to form their final kit and Kedemel’s weapon design is fully underway. From alt helmet to animation, the Broken Warframe is coming together!

This is our last community-created Warframe update until TennoCon 2020, where we’ll reveal their Abilities and signature weapon. Get ready, Tenno! Your Void-creation will soon flourish.

can't wait to see what was picked ^.^ 

16 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Thanks for updating us Helen :3

I'm unsure if I missed it, will the alt helmet be revealed there too, or was it revealed some days ago? 😅

5 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

i cant wait to see tennocon. I just watch recaps of all streams so This time i will watch the stream if it doesnt occur during work for me.

6 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

So it's called kedemel, good to know. 

That's the artist's name. Broken Frame's name is to be revealed at Tennocon.

I like that the frame is referred to as "their" or "them". I thought it was going to be an "it".

On 2020-05-28 at 8:12 PM, [DE]Helen said:

I don`t understand, why not just tell us who won and what the abilities are? at least you telling will give use something to look forward to and we could have fun contemplating how the abilities will work in game situations, then we will say to our self "I can`t wait to see the abilities in action". Keeping this from us is not necessary. 

Archived