Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone notice new patch change with Phantasma

BNKER

4 minutes ago, BNKER said:

I just bought all mods and updated my Phantasma then found the new patch decreased status rate to x%.

Is it a bug or intended?

Status changes have been across the board, actually. A lot of weapons have seen changes to their status chance. It could be giving you the status chance per beam on the primary trigger. They did say the stats box would show the proper per-shot status for weapons firing more than one round (or pellet, for shotguns.)

Don't know, Status is all Phantasma have and it has only 5 beams, so I don't understand why it has such a low status rating right now. I'm just waiting until I get concrete information from the devs that it's a bug or staying that way. If it stays I'm done with that weapon and will search for a new one.

Status effects seem rare with it using +226.4% status chance mods. So if I don't build status, I can't build crit with 3% base crit, what do you do with this thing?

With all the status mods.

Y5tapEq.jpg

With my normal single target build.

DL0vN6C.jpg

Edited by Ploidz
  • Like 4

Truth is the only advantage then for Phantasma was its 100% chance status and now also unplayable.

I mean look at other shotguns, it is explicitly a buff but to Phantasma it's huge nerf now.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, BNKER said:

I just bought all mods and updated my Phantasma then found the new patch decreased status rate to x%.

Is it a bug or intended?

3 minutes ago, Ploidz said:

Don't know, Status is all Phantasma have and it has only 5 beams, so I don't understand why it has such a low status rating right now. I'm just waiting until I get concrete information from the devs that it's a bug or staying that way. If it stays I'm done with that weapon and will search for a new one.

Status effects seem rare with it using +226.4% status chance mods. So if I don't build status, I can't build crit with 3% base crit, what do you do with this thing?

So whats its new status moded, primary and alt fire projectile?

They forgot to triple the SC per beam.

Phantasma had 37% SC before the update, with 5 beams. Divide this by 5 (Facepalm... that's not how probability works, DE) and you get 7.4% per beam, which is Phantasma's current new base.
It's SUPPOSED to get triple that amount, but... oversight, I guess. Let's see if they actually fix it.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

They forgot to triple the SC per beam.

Phantasma had 37% SC before the update, with 5 beams. Divide this by 5 (Facepalm... that's not how probability works, DE) and you get 7.4% per beam, which is Phantasma's current new base.
It's SUPPOSED to get triple that amount, but... oversight, I guess. Let's see if they actually fix it.

I really hope they fix this. They did Phantasma dirty. They said they would x3 or more some weapons. I even hope Phantasma is in that "or more" category when it's fixed. It has no crit.

Edited by Ploidz
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Primary status rating drops. Secondary seems same as it is now beyond 100%. But who is gonna use the secondary as main?

It should have been re-worked same as Khom, but instead nerfed.

• Like 1

Just now, Ploidz said:

I really hope they fix this. They did Phantasma dirty.

Amen. The Phantasma was the bread&butter of virtually every build I used, but even with nearly every possible Status mod equipped at once (including Shotgun Savvy and a riven) it feels like absolute garbage to use.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

This is with the Single Target build in post 3 (the bottom picture with the fully modded Phantasma). +226.4% Status Chance via mods to a 7.4% base status chance per beam. At the least, if the 7.4% was x3 like they said they would it, it would be 72.5% status chance. If they did a x4 it would be 96.6. Remember this thing has no crit, and 5 beams.

YJUS8EQ.jpg

Edited by Ploidz
  • Like 3

Yeah, I noticed that some my shotguns (other weapons too, but I like my shotguns) turned into status MONSTERS (Hello Kuva Kohm!) and others were turned into little kittens. I think they missed some things in the update.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

At glance, From that secondary fire status is buffed, primary fire has 14 projectile at 24%. If I understand the new changes that afect beams then it be 14*24 which be a buff, which is 288% top of my head.

No, the 14 is from the multishot I have equipted (2 mods). Without the multishots it's just 5 beams. Also adding multishot doesn't change the number displayed on status/projectile %. For the update they only divided Phantasma's old status chance (37%) by 5 and it gave 7.4%. They never took it to the x3 at least stage.

Edited by Ploidz
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

5*24 is 92% 

That's not how it works anymore. Look above. They divided the old status chance 37 by 5, and it gave them 7.4%, They never did the "x3 or more". Shooting the gun in the test room (pictured above, there's a split down the middle that may be hard to see) status effects are rare. I have that base stat info in the top center, but I'm shooting the enemies with the moded loadout shown below it.

Edited by Ploidz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ploidz said:

No, the 14 is from the multishot I have equipted (2 mods). Without the multishots it's just 5 beams. Also adding multishot doesn't change the number displayed on status/projectile %.

Multishot isnt supposed to change the number anymore because the % you see is per beam.

So you went from 5 beams each with a 24% proc chance to 14 beams each with a 24% proc chance.

2 minutes ago, Ploidz said:

That's not how it works anymore. Look above. They divided the old status chance 37 by 5, and it gave them 7.4%, They never did the "x3 or more". Shooting the gun in the test room (pictured above, there's a split down the middle that may be hard to see) status effects are rare.

Phantasma a beam weapon only shotgun got 3x status. Maybe a oversight. Beams proc quickly but would you like 1 high status proc or chance at 5 low status procs

Edited by (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson

10 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Multishot isnt supposed to change the number anymore because the % you see is per beam.

So you went from 5 beams each with a 24% proc chance to 14 beams each with a 24% proc chance.

Yet it does (wait I'm thinking you're talking about the multishot number. Sorry if you're not. Yeah I know multishot doesn't change status / projectile. That's not the issue though. It's messed up at the per beam level. So adding more beams just adds to the low chance even more)

Tr0zAVh.jpg

Edited by Ploidz
  • Like 1

Just now, Ploidz said:

Yet it does

Tr0zAVh.jpg

??

The status chance is the same, with or without multishot mods.

For Phantasma the new system should be a massive buff, going from 12 guaranteed statuses per second to 14x12 possible statuses per second at 24% chance each.

6 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

??

The status chance is the same, with or without multishot mods.

For Phantasma the new system should be a massive buff, going from 12 guaranteed statuses per second to 14x12 possible statuses per second at 24% chance each.

Edited in : wait I'm thinking you're talking about the multishot number. Sorry if you're not. Yeah I know multishot doesn't change status / projectile. That's not the issue though. It's messed up at the per beam level. So adding more beams just adds to the low chance even more. The only thing they did to this weapon was divided it's normal status chance of 37 by 5 giving 7.4%. Major nerf. No promised x3 or more. It's a shotgun, even though it's a beam.

Edited by Ploidz