Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revisit an old feature request - Universal Forma Polarities

laney_family

I requested this back in October and while there were a couple pages of discussion, obviously the topic did not meet enough visibility to be considered.  I think with the recent massive changes to how our weapons and damage dealt has fundamentally changes, it may be time to bring the topic up again.  Again, DE please consider the possibility of making forma usage more meaningful especially now that many of our old builds need to be reworked to account for changes in the new combat structure.

Link to original request: 

• Once a slot has been Forma'd, that slots polarity becomes flexible allowing the player to change it without having to spend an additional Forma.
  • The exception being Umbra Polarity that is unavailable unless the Umbra Forma is used, in which case the slot has an ornate marking on it to identify by.
  • Since the Polarities are no longer fixed, each configuration could have different polarity's defined while still being restricted to only slots that have been Forma'd can be set.
  • When players use a linked build from another player, if their slots are Forma'd then those slots will auto adjust to the necessary polarity

I suggest this based on the variety of builds for each frame.  Right now there are two solutions and both are limiting.  First players need to have multiple copies of each frame / weapon / companion forma'd specifically for a build.  Alternatively users have to keep using forma over and over when they want to switch polarities to different builds.

"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, laney_family said:

DE please consider the possibility of making forma usage more meaningful

It would be less meaningful. Now Forma is an explicit trade-off between flexibility and power level. You can fit higher cost mods, but the type of mods is limited. This removes incentive to buy Forma.

This is a pure loss to DE. Where's the upside?

Make that when we apply a forma to a slot that already has a polarity, it add a 2nd (3rd, 4th,...) polarity, instead of removing the previous one.

(On a polarized slot, the cost of a mod is reduce if it match with one of the polarity, and increase if not.)

38 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

It would be less meaningful. Now Forma is an explicit trade-off between flexibility and power level. You can fit higher cost mods, but the type of mods is limited. This removes incentive to buy Forma.

This is a pure loss to DE. Where's the upside?

If forma allows for more build options I for one would be more inclined to grind more forma from frames and weapons, I've discussed this with plenty of others that agree with more flexibility the incentive to forma goes up.  I dont see the need for a tradeoff for more power.  As they (DE) stated with the revamp the goal is variety and options, so there is not a single meta.  The same idea should apply when you look at mod builds.

9 hours ago, laney_family said:

I requested this back in October and while there were a couple pages of discussion, obviously the topic did not meet enough visibility to be considered.

Eh, that was hardly the first or last request for a feature like that.  And it's hard to say what DE has or hasn't considered until they state it publicly or release something that makes it obvious.

Personally I would bet that some form of multi-polarity system is in DE's long term plans, although I expect it to be a carrot (like umbra forma) or a premium option, or both. .  

19 hours ago, laney_family said:

Once a slot has been Forma'd, that slots polarity becomes flexible allowing the player to change it without having to spend an additional Forma.

i don't know if this has been discussed somewhere in your old topic or this topic, but here's my question: Why touching polarities mechanic (by mechanic i mean how slot with polarity behave) when increase mod capacity, or shuffling which mod have which polar would acquire the same result ?

your suggestion would simply treat forma as another layer of potato that forced player to forma every slot possible in a gear, increase the camping time at hydron/eso to a much more unhealthy amount.before they can "enjoy" it at full potential