Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotguns Huge Nerf

UaXfXog.png

How is this buff literally this giant Nerf to shotguns ?!?

Thanks DE for making me farm for your stupid dual status mods 

Cause there horse S#&$!

It's not even worth having more status chance

If your status chance get spread among your pellets. 

Other than that it work great for another weapons except shotguns.

At least have courtesy to buff the shotguns if your going to nerf it main way of damage!

Edited by thats_rudiculous_07
  • Like 12

1. That is a chart I made before the patch dropped, some shotguns were given different status chances. Notably Kohm and Kuva Kohm were given a very generous buff.
  2. With the status changes in general, just looking at the changes to status chance doesn't tell the whole story. Despite some shotguns having a lower chance they still perform quite similarly (Tigris series for example)
  3. Most shotguns, even on that chart, saw a major buff to status chance. Everything that could not hit 100% before fared very well.
  4. With the status changes dedicating four mods to status chance is not nearly as necessary. There is room for more raw damage mods or QoL.
  5. Enemy EHP values were significantly reduced on the high end, where these status shotguns were most valued.

Edit: For any wondering, this is the full comment that chart is from.

On 2020-03-04 at 12:30 AM, DrBorris said:

Because I am a loser with no life, I put together a nerf/buff chart that is based on IF DE universally uses the (Old Status) x (3) / (Pellets). If they don't then obviously these charts are off. A positive % is a buff, a negative % is a nerf. Just because the trends are going down that does not mean something is worse, as long as it is above the 0% line then it is a buff.

UaXfXog.png

Note that the status chance on the bottom goes up to 330% despite status chance mods generally caps out at 240% right now. Basically, each status interval on the bottom represents a combination of 60/60 mods and the new/useful 90% status chance mod. This addition also means that looking at any of the trends after 240% status chance is complicated due to those status chances not being obtainable right now (outside Rivens).

These charts show exactly what many have pointed out, this is a nerf to 100% status shotguns and a buff to everything else. However, one shotgun looks like it will benefit very much from the status change, and that is Exergis (due to its low base pellet count). I very much hope DE does not just use the equation they stated in the Devstream, many of these shotguns clearly need a "human touch" to their balancing. The x3/p equation feels far too punishing to shotguns that have high base pellet counts.

Also, funny thing, this chart doesn't show it but if DE uses that equation then Sancti Tigris will have a higher status chance than Tigris Prime.

Edited by DrBorris
  • Like 30

Yeah my kohm procs status on every single pellet. Same with my Kohmak. The things are absolute monsters. I proc double status on every single kohmak pellet. Probably nerf inc.

I really dont think the kohm series is working as intended. I just stacked status on my kuva kohm and each pellet is proc'ing 3 status effects.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 4

Just have to use the small number of decent crit/decent status shotguns now. Mod for hybrid! I've found a Viral/Slash (HM) Vaykor Hek and Kuva Kohm can down a level 140 Gokstad Officer in 1.5 magazines and < 1 magazine respectively. That's nuts considering it would not be possible for either of these guns to down a Gokstad Officer in a sane amount of magazines prior to RRR (could easily spend 800 rounds headshotting Gokstad Officer before RRR).

1 minute ago, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

Lmao Op doesn't  know wut he's doing or saying.....lol.....It's a huge buff.....not nerf........this is just clickbait to get hits on the forum......good one though.......might wanna try an use the shotguns and see.....

Is that why a Strun Wraith that could one shot a lvl 165 Corrupted Heavy Gunner now can't do the same to a lvl 100 one?

• Like 3

Just now, Acersecomic said:

Mine was able to. Because rivens, mate. CC, CD, Damage. It achieved 100% status with a few dual stat mods.

Ah and here we go.

And your 100% Stats chance was explained in the very thread revising it and in the last devstream.

It was nerf? Yes, for the shotguns that were able to reach 100% before MS.

• Like 7

Just now, elmetnuter said:

My one forma Khom absolutely disagree with this statement. Viral or Corrosive, I shred anything twice as fast as before the patch.

Aaaand again Kohm.

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Ah and here we go.

And your 100% Stats chance was explained in the very thread revising it and in the last devstream.

It was nerf? Yes, for the shotguns that were able to reach 100% before MS.

And that's a problem.

• Like 2

The problem is that shotguns relied on afflicting so many status procs to stay relevant.  The shotguns that are now hitting three times as much status procs are still irrelevant and the ones that are hitting a third as much now are no longer useful.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

It was never able to do that.

I have a monster riven, and yeah it was. I've already submitted a bug on the forums though, Strun Wraith (so i assume all strun series) seems bugged at the moment:

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Having a riven doesnt entirely negate feedback, you know. Also if you had taken the time to look at that giant head in the rest of my post you'd see the strun wraith is in fact, bugged.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 4

Just now, Skaleek said:

Having a riven doesnt entirely negate feedback, you know. Also if you had taken the time to look at that giant head in the rest of my post you'd see the strun wraith in fact, bugged.

I did. I just decided to not comment on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I did. I just decided to not comment on it.

Instead you've chosen to comment on what, exactly? Provide something useful to the discussion? Instead of trying to shame someone because they have a riven for the strun of all weapons? I don't care about the shotgun nerfs/buffs, tbh. I just want the weapons working properly. It's entirely possible because its bugged this gentleman is experiencing what he feels is nerfed performance. When perhaps its not as bad as it's supposed to be.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Instead you've chosen to comment on what, exactly?

I decided to comment on what the other guy said.

11 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Provide something useful to the discussion?

So you dismiss my opinion? Seems legit.

7 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Instead of trying to shame someone because they have a riven for the strun of all weapons?

tommy-lee-jones-implied-face-palm.png

8 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I don't care about the shotgun nerfs/buffs, tbh. I just want the weapons working properly. It's entirely possible because its bugged this gentleman is experiencing what he feels is nerfed performance. When perhaps its not as bad as it's supposed to be.

Then speak of the bugs, if there is one I hope it gets fixed. But when it comes to balancing, I will not consider Rivens because of its pure RNG nature.

Take 5.

• Like 1

So you dismiss my opinion? Seems legit.

I didn't see you post an opinion other then: "because you own a riven you don't have any right to discuss a weapon's viability". Your opinion is literally that other people's opinions don't matter because what, they had a riven for the weapon?

Then speak of the bugs, if there is one I hope it gets fixed. But when it comes to balancing, I will not consider Rivens because of its pure RNG nature.

If anything, if you own a riven for a weapon and it's not viable, the weapon without the riven would be even less so.

I will admit that i tested all the shotguns last night and the strun came out on the bottom of all of them. I am hoping this is because it is bugged.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 7

Just now, Skaleek said:

I didn't see you post an opinion other then: "because you own a riven you don't have any right to discuss a weapon's viability". Your opinion is literally that other people's opinions don't matter because what, they had a riven for the weapon?

If anything, if you own a riven for a weapon and it's not viable, the weapon without the riven would be even less so.

I will admit that i tested all the shotguns last night and the strun came out on the bottom of all of them. I am hoping this is because it is bugged.

No. You are saying that I'm that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

No. You are saying that I'm that.

7 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

But when it comes to balancing, I will not consider Rivens because of its pure RNG nature.

Take 5. I would just consider strun wraith without a riven right now. It's pretty bad. Have you tried it?

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 6