Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current best amp for solo eidolon hunt?

Alvengerz

Question

14 answers to this question

I tested the Klamora last night. If you're standing between the Eidolon's legs aiming almost straight up, you can hit both legs and the torso for tons of hits per tic. I don't know if it's meta because I haven't tested enough braces with it, but it certainly feels effective

• Like 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Alvengerz:

Shraksun is crap now. It staggers the child in every shot slowing down the gameplay. I guess we go back to Granmu?

vor 2 Stunden schrieb TARINunit9:

I tested the Klamora last night. If you're standing between the Eidolon's legs aiming almost straight up, you can hit both legs and the torso for tons of hits per tic. I don't know if it's meta because I haven't tested enough braces with it, but it certainly feels effective

Are you two serious?! Do you know what Void Strike is and how to use it in Eidolon hunts?

Raplak - Propa - Certus (177) is probably best if you know how to use it. Current solo 5x3 was done with it.

Edited by (XB1)OdinAsteroid

2 hours ago, (XB1)OdinAsteroid said:

Raplak - Propa - Certus (177) is probably best if you know how to use it. Current solo 5x3 was done with it.

Yeah people keep telling me "stop muckin' about an' git y'erself a PROPA scaffold!" but every time I try it I just don't see the results. I only get one damage tick per detonation, and that damage tick just isn't as high as everyone tells me it should be

• Like 2

vor 7 Minuten schrieb TARINunit9:

I only get one damage tick per detonation, and that damage tick just isn't as high as everyone tells me it should be

Only use alt-fire. Make use of Void Strike charges (Madurai). Proc Virtuous Shadow by dashing at the Eidolon's head. Shoot through Volt shield to amplify damage if you're playing as Volt. There are a handful of factors that need to come together to quickly eliminate shields. You may want to research on youtube a bit on the before mentioned keywords. 😉

6 hours ago, (XB1)OdinAsteroid said:

yeah. but sorry I'm not a player who wants to do such thing everytime I do eidolon hunt. It's a waste of resources. I'm sure the person who do that has a purpose of making y**tube content. I'm sure that, probably, you and said person won't do that in every solo eidolon hunt either.

8 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

yeah. I think I'll use it from now. It has a pretty high sustained damage output and doesn't highly depend on void strike.

Edited by Alvengerz
  • Like 2

vor 13 Stunden schrieb TARINunit9:

Yes, that is what a Propa Scaffold is, give me SOME credit

Whoops, forgot. You're right. 😁

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Alvengerz:

yeah. but sorry I'm not a player who wants to do such thing everytime I do eidolon hunt. It's a waste of resources. I'm sure the person who do that has a purpose of making y**tube content. I'm sure that, probably, you and said person won't do that in every solo eidolon hunt either.

I don't think it's a waste of resources tbh. And no, I absolutely can't do a solo 5x3, right. You asked for the best amp and I assumed that means the amp you can finish a tricap the fastest. But of course, "the best" can also mean easiest to use or cheapest.

There are many ways to shoot synovias and kill eidolons, the "challenge" is the shield which is only susceptible to void damage. The shield of a Hydrolyst is 67000 (approx). The damage mitigation to void damage is 24/25, meaning you do 1/25 (0.04x) of the damage listed (plus a small screvy, unexplainable addition from fire rate). Statuses don't apply to eidolons, crit hits do, including the 2X and the amp parts specific crit damage increase. This also means that Certus is the best brace (+20% crit chance), and Virtuos Strike the best arcane (chance to increase crit damage).

That out of the way, it is mostly a matter of playing style and taste. The damage of different prisms and scaffolds is different, but more important is the way you use them. And since crit is the way to go, you are down 4 or 5 prisms and 3 scaffolds in any case. The most effective way to increase damage is to use Void Strike and prisms/scaffolds with high single shot damage (because you get the void strike effect on 8 shots max). You can also use other ways to increase damage (in combination with Void Strike or not). The important thing being that if you leave Void Strike out of it, calculated crit dps and/or "damage per full energy" becomes more important than single shot damage. If you do the math, things will become a lot clearer (and some surprising things will show up.

If you hunt with an average or better team (= "easily doing 3 x trids per night"), your personal preference doesn't matter all that much, since you need to adapt to the team meta. Currently you can do 3X in a lot of different ways, but all depend on speedily taking down the shields (synovias/eidolons are not a problem/challenge). But when you are soloing you have a lot more options. If I remember correctly, of the prisms Klamora does most damage per sec (for "in-and-out" between the legs), Cantic most damage per energy (100 as base value) and Raplak most damage per shot (suitable for Void Strike), and both Cantic and Raplak can be used to plink the eidolon shield from up to 100 meters. The scaffolds generally do about double damage, and since Shraksun really is horrible now (unless fired through a Volt shield, which protects you from the otherwise inevitable stagger) in my book it is either Propa ("close up and very personal") or Pencha. But currently I would use a prism & more distance for the shield if soloing, even if scaffolds are more effective. And always Certus & Virtuos Strike. My favourite for chill solo hunts is Volt and a 127/177, generally with void strike and tanking up a bit between the eidolons (shooting through Volt's shields you only need approx 20X void strike to take down the Hydrolysts first shield with 8 Raplak shots, and about a third of that for Propa, allt this depending on luck with the crits of course). If the vomies are a problem for you and you don't use void strike, Granmu is still a very good option as prism (not best at anything but good for everything, except void strike).

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Graavarg:

There are many ways to shoot synovias and kill eidolons, the "challenge" is the shield which is only susceptible to void damage. The shield of a Hydrolyst is 67000 (approx). The damage mitigation to void damage is 24/25, meaning you do 1/25 (0.04x) of the damage listed (plus a small screvy, unexplainable addition from fire rate). Statuses don't apply to eidolons, crit hits do, including the 2X and the amp parts specific crit damage increase. This also means that Certus is the best brace (+20% crit chance), and Virtuos Strike the best arcane (chance to increase crit damage).

That out of the way, it is mostly a matter of playing style and taste. The damage of different prisms and scaffolds is different, but more important is the way you use them. And since crit is the way to go, you are down 4 or 5 prisms and 3 scaffolds in any case. The most effective way to increase damage is to use Void Strike and prisms/scaffolds with high single shot damage (because you get the void strike effect on 8 shots max). You can also use other ways to increase damage (in combination with Void Strike or not). The important thing being that if you leave Void Strike out of it, calculated crit dps and/or "damage per full energy" becomes more important than single shot damage. If you do the math, things will become a lot clearer (and some surprising things will show up.

If you hunt with an average or better team (= "easily doing 3 x trids per night"), your personal preference doesn't matter all that much, since you need to adapt to the team meta. Currently you can do 3X in a lot of different ways, but all depend on speedily taking down the shields (synovias/eidolons are not a problem/challenge). But when you are soloing you have a lot more options. If I remember correctly, of the prisms Klamora does most damage per sec (for "in-and-out" between the legs), Cantic most damage per energy (100 as base value) and Raplak most damage per shot (suitable for Void Strike), and both Cantic and Raplak can be used to plink the eidolon shield from up to 100 meters. The scaffolds generally do about double damage, and since Shraksun really is horrible now (unless fired through a Volt shield, which protects you from the otherwise inevitable stagger) in my book it is either Propa ("close up and very personal") or Pencha. But currently I would use a prism & more distance for the shield if soloing, even if scaffolds are more effective. And always Certus & Virtuos Strike. My favourite for chill solo hunts is Volt and a 127/177, generally with void strike and tanking up a bit between the eidolons (shooting through Volt's shields you only need approx 20X void strike to take down the Hydrolysts first shield with 8 Raplak shots, and about a third of that for Propa, allt this depending on luck with the crits of course). If the vomies are a problem for you and you don't use void strike, Granmu is still a very good option as prism (not best at anything but good for everything, except void strike).

Just adding: Virtuos Shadow is really common as well as it increases your crit chance for the shield phase. Might be a matter of taste, but I run shadow since I learned to trigger it via the void dash. It feels more consistent than strike.

But I have no number to prove it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theFGMK said:

Just adding: Virtuos Shadow is really common as well as it increases your crit chance for the shield phase. Might be a matter of taste, but I run shadow since I learned to trigger it via the void dash. It feels more consistent than strike.

True. Don't like it myself, so I forgot it. It has a 40% chance to trigger on a "head dash", but since you can continue "head-dashing" until it triggers (after which you enjoy 60% crit chance for 12 sec) it has a 100% consistency (from a usage viewpoint). The trick is being able to handle the head-dashing technique and the "cost" is that it adds another "moment" to the hunt. It works well together with Propa and an overall more "athletic" and active hunting technique. 😉 

• Like 1

On 2020-03-06 at 5:26 PM, (XB1)OdinAsteroid said:

Is this still true after the AoE butchering?

Propa and many other scaffolds have fall off damage now, ranging from 30% to 70% damage reduction. Propa has 70% damage reduction.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Is this still true after the AoE butchering?

Propa and many other scaffolds have fall off damage now, ranging from 30% to 70% damage reduction. Propa has 70% damage reduction.

I did some testing and, yes, it is still good but not as good as before because of the AoE falloff. sometimes you might get very low damage output even on crit because of that. My hypothesis is that Eidolon's hitboxes are large, Proppa's AoE is wide, and the hit flag can randomly be registered in the intersection between the hitbox size and Proppa's AoE. so, yeah...

But, I might be wrong though

Edited by Alvengerz

On 2020-03-06 at 9:40 AM, Alvengerz said:

Shraksun is crap now. It staggers the child in every shot slowing down the gameplay. I guess we go back to Granmu?

+1 to the OP. Me too. Even near the edge of range, if it connected with the Eidolon, I was staggered. I had to use primary fire to take down the Eidolon shields... it was painful. Probably not gonna do Eidolon runs again until this is fixed.