Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beginners question: Eidolon Hunting

PentragoZ

Question

Hello folks! Just had a quite unpleasant experience trying eidolon hunting with a random group via the Konzu quest. Obviously I did something terrible wrong, when I took out one of its arms with my sniper rifle. Unfortunately after being called an idiot and asked to leave I did not feel encouraged to ask further questions.

I suppose it has something to do with the eidolon lures needing charges before being able to contain the monster. Any recommendations – preferably from people with basic manners – how to prevent this in public games. Are there any things I should watch out for?

10 answers to this question

well to be honest that was quite rude of them towards you.

You can get the lure first if you want but if you were able to take down a part and the lure were not there its kinda a squad mistake not only yours.

The infamous Raiden answer "Why didn't you ?"

I mean yeah you could have taken a look if the lure were fine but hey its a team effort ^.^ and it cost not that much to just fly away looking for the eidolon again ( well unless its really close to the morning )

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 2

They were definately rude, but having a charged Lure before severing a limb keeps the ediolon from teleporting away. So okay, he teleported, go find him and get a charged lure. There's no need for people to be rude about it, just explain.

• Like 2

No excuse for being rude - but in regards to the lure, they need to be fully charged by eating the Vombalasts. If you shoot the Vombalasts into their ghost form, then the lures suck them up and get charged, turning blue when full. They probaly had 1-3 lures already, and were probably wanting to kill any vombalasts before hiting the limb to avoid the teleport. You couldn't have known that intuitively, but try to make sure you know what the rest of the team is doing - if you can in all the chaos.

Hope that helps, but agree that these guys were out of line.

Edited by Canach
  • Like 1

Ok from what I hear you messed up a step. Rookies mistake, so a little anger is entitled on their part but asking you to leave? Big no no. Everyone here has said the same thing so I'll add my own input:

1) make sure you got a tanky frame that can handle itself. The way my umbra is built works well so I use him. I recommend hard hitting frames like volt prime or even wukong prime (or umbra it's your call)

2) guard the lures. You wanna be close enough so they are able to capture the limbs but make sure they aren't killed. Maybe in that run you did you couldn't guard them, it's fine that happens. Just be a bit more careful

3) plan ahead. Each of the three trilodons have their own attacks and things you need to fight em, so read up! I did my first trilodon with a public squad and while I was the noob in the squad I still could handle my own thanks to the reading up I did. 

4) squads. If your clan can help, great! If not, just public squad up at the beginning of each night. Chances are 1 nice squad will be waiting for you 

I got unlucky as well with a squad while trying to eidolon hunt, got one arm off then they all decided to start leaving. I haven't done many Eidolon hunts so I'm still unsure of some things, but I have the basics down. Just need a reliable team now. 

Just an unfortunate thing of playing with randoms, they're just uncooperative at times. 

5 hours ago, PentragoZ said:

Hello folks! Just had a quite unpleasant experience trying eidolon hunting with a random group via the Konzu quest. Obviously I did something terrible wrong, when I took out one of its arms with my sniper rifle. Unfortunately after being called an idiot and asked to leave I did not feel encouraged to ask further questions.

I suppose it has something to do with the eidolon lures needing charges before being able to contain the monster. Any recommendations – preferably from people with basic manners – how to prevent this in public games. Are there any things I should watch out for?

so each ediolon has a set of synovias an each 2 it has requires 1 charged lures.
1 charged lure within range is able to keep them from teleporting away an fully restoring its shields.
players dont want it teleporting away as wastes time that could be used to do another hunt.
alot of people dont know when its coming out of the water an still has the grey bar that it still is damageable by amps.

frames like trinity are often responsable for gathering up the lures expect 1, as a player will grab one an get it charged so rest of the team can help with the shields.
once the last synovia is broken it goes into the whaling phase where tons of vombs come an is best time to charge up all your other lures.
trinity is in charge of baby sitting lures cause a quick blessing can heal the lures an grant allies health an shields back.
build would be range, power strength effeincy with low duration to spam bless

harrow is greatly used just for his 4th to protect team from the magnetic proc an if team is fast enough to take down the sheilds provides a nice buff to there damage
while build is 100 to 95% duration an power strength to like 200.

volt is used cause of his eletric shields providing critical buff an adding in abit of eletric damage. an using 3 shields is max bonus used.
while other can throw in some volt speed buff to help with reloads an movement of teammates. as build for him is pretty much duration an range

rhino is good for buffing teams weapon damage an for his own protection with iron skin.
build is armor, strength, duration an depending on if your a team buff or selfish buff rhino is based on your range.

arcwings like amesha can play the protective role of trinity as in the last ediolon fight you can put out the bubbles an the rising pillars of light an death cant harm you or the lures

PS public groups for ediolons are often toxic an can have players that are just there to get free carries from other players like in many other game modes.
so best to find a group to do these with that are more friendly an understanding instead of public randoms

Edited by (XB1)ShadowBlood89

Meh its fine... U can do whatever u want. 

But remember if u want to capture u have to charge at least 2 lure to capture before final down. But if u want kill dont bother to charge the lure. 

So if u shot synovia it is fine. Whatever the scenario is. it just make the eidolon teleport. The teleport it self is easy to spot tho. So that why it fine. The people u meet probably "new". And make everything a big deal. While Its not lol. 

On 2020-03-06 at 11:46 AM, PentragoZ said:

Are there any things I should watch out for?

I have a few things you need to watch out for just in general:

Eidolons love to use a special Shield Recharge move. If an Eidolon suddenly glows blue as it makes a high-pitched song, it's turning Vomvalysts into shields drones. Follow the blue lines and kill the Vomvalysts before it can recharge its shields all the way

The Gantulyst loves to spam megalasers that erupt out of the ground. Chromas can use these lasers to charge Vex Armor, but other frames will likely be instantly killed. Be sure to lead any Lures following you away from the lasers

If you ever need to fight him, the Hydrolyst is just a pain, he will constantly attack you with lightning and exploding bubbles that can do heavy damage

• Like 1