Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Warframe Revised: Hotfix 27.2.2

Ok, we really need a vote to kick, ESPECIALLY for railjack. Just had my first griefer, in the veil of all places....

Wasting our missiles, wasting our dome charges, refining our stuff so we couldn't make anything, and refusing to leave.

Worse experience ever in warframe.....

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, OnceADrog said:

Ok, we really need a vote to kick, ESPECIALLY for railjack. Just had my first griefer, in the veil of all places....

Wasting our missiles, wasting our dome charges, refining our stuff so we couldn't make anything, and refusing to leave.

Worse experience ever in warframe.....

I played too much l4d2 to ever support seeing a vote kick system implemented in any game, Automatic kicking for detecting malicious behavior would be better.

What would be more necessary is that the host should play the role of the captain and be able to lock out certain players from using missiles or dome charges, Refining should be entirely automatic when returning to dojo or selecting a new mission.

Edited by Sir-Swerving
  • Like 5

Except griefers can refine during the mission and deny necessary resources to crew. If it wasn't for that we could've kept the ship in the fight, instead of having to go archwing against level 90 enemy fighters.... While one person remained in the pilot's seat so the griefer couldn't murder us all.

4 minutes ago, Sir-Swerving said:

What would be more necessary is that host should play the role of the captain and be able to lock out certain players from using missiles or dome charges, Refining should be entirely automatic when returning to dojo or selecting a new mission.

Great point, but people have been asking for all this since railjack launched, and it still isn't there....

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Ikusias said:

Since update Kuva Siphons are busted and glitch frequently, with kuva cloud capture not registering and blocking progress

Same, have to abort missions when it glitches out even after being able to destroy two braids, the mission just stops working. Kuva Flood seems to work at the moment.

Wasting time having to abort Kuva missions, the Kuva missions so far have been glitched please fix them, I don't want to waste my 3 day booster.

there is definitely something wrong with the relics rng.. upgrading to radiant seems to have no difference to having a int. I have been in a few missions where a radshare gives 4 bronze forma. The chances of that happening is even lower than a gold appearing especially since all are radiant. Please have a look at the percentage and adjust properly so that upgrading relics mean something

• Like 1

Can you please set the require Mastery for Mesa to 25 or nerf the Peacemaker  - it is nearly impossible to go in a public mission without a Noob, I have no skill, Aimbot Mesa

I mean nerf is very easy just delete the Aimbot - you got 2 very good Pistols without Ammo and Headshot garanty so you need to aim on the enemy on your own but you always do Headshots for example

or give us the possibility to choose no public missions with Mesa in game options

Edited by Demian_DeVile
1 hour ago, Dippy_Daredevil said:

there is definitely something wrong with the relics rng.. upgrading to radiant seems to have no difference to having a int. I have been in a few missions where a radshare gives 4 bronze forma. The chances of that happening is even lower than a gold appearing especially since all are radiant. Please have a look at the percentage and adjust properly so that upgrading relics mean something

Any random system will occasionally produce output that could seem biased taken on the small scale. In my many hours in the game, I've only seen quad bronze forma (any upgrade level) once and the odds of that are even smaller than what you describe. Does that mean by my experience the rng system is broken because it doesn't produce quad bronze forma as often as it statistically "should"? Nope, just random numbers buzzing and my human brain looking for patterns in the static.

Statistics aside, sorry for your poor luck lately, Tenno. Hope it turns around for ya.

4 hours ago, PalaceOfStars said:

Any random system will occasionally produce output that could seem biased taken on the small scale. In my many hours in the game, I've only seen quad bronze forma (any upgrade level) once and the odds of that are even smaller than what you describe. Does that mean by my experience the rng system is broken because it doesn't produce quad bronze forma as often as it statistically "should"? Nope, just random numbers buzzing and my human brain looking for patterns in the static.

Statistics aside, sorry for your poor luck lately, Tenno. Hope it turns around for ya.

Often in the past has been lamented that DE RNG is borked due to issues to their random number generator...

When I see a party that gets 3 times in a row the same rolls with the same set of relics equipped, well it is difficult to confute as the chance of something like this is lower than winning the Superbowl lottery

On 2020-03-13 at 3:10 PM, Derethevil said:

I am not gonna stop this till you are fair towards every Warframe.
You buffed Inaros and the others who were by far the tankiest frames already. But completely forgot about Chroma/Nidus etc.
Either you revert all Armor buffs and only give those to glassframes that really need more armor, or you give EVERY Warframe a armor buff.

Either be fair towards everyone, or delete Chroma right away if you hate him so much. Seriously i had it with you now. You nerfed him to hell and back 2 years ago and now he again is the one Warframe that gets treated like he is on your personal S#&$list. 

You wouldn't listen to anyone in these two years about anything, at least be fair now.

Just a little dramatic, don't you think?

On 2020-03-13 at 3:10 PM, Derethevil said:

I am not gonna stop this till you are fair towards every Warframe.
You buffed Inaros and the others who were by far the tankiest frames already. But completely forgot about Chroma/Nidus etc.
Either you revert all Armor buffs and only give those to glassframes that really need more armor, or you give EVERY Warframe a armor buff.

Either be fair towards everyone, or delete Chroma right away if you hate him so much. Seriously i had it with you now. You nerfed him to hell and back 2 years ago and now he again is the one Warframe that gets treated like he is on your personal S#&$list. 

You wouldn't listen to anyone in these two years about anything, at least be fair now.

Just a little dramatic, don't you think?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

Often in the past has been lamented that DE RNG is borked due to issues to their random number generator...

When I see a party that gets 3 times in a row the same rolls with the same set of relics equipped, well it is difficult to confute as the chance of something like this is lower than winning the Superbowl lottery

Lamented by whom? One of DE's team members? Someone with a verified stats sheet of tens of thousands of iterations from said generator to back up observed bias? An engineer with access to the algorithm and hardware supplying the randomness who can speak to its edge cases? Or human beings with a funny story to tell in the sea of potential outcomes?

6 hours ago, Demian_DeVile said:

Can you please set the require Mastery for Mesa to 25 or nerf the Peacemaker  - it is nearly impossible to go in a public mission without a Noob, I have no skill, Aimbot Mesa

I mean nerf is very easy just delete the Aimbot - you got 2 very good Pistols without Ammo and Headshot garanty so you need to aim on the enemy on your own but you always do Headshots for example

or give us the possibility to choose no public missions with Mesa in game options

I take it you've never played with an Octavia, Saryn, Ember or Equinox 

• Like 1
vor 4 Minuten schrieb Nepeta-EN-:

I take it you've never played with an Octavia, Saryn, Ember or Equinox 

I have over 4k Ingame hours - so I have played together with any frame but Mesa's are nearly in every Mission in the last time - it just very annoying

50 minutes ago, Xsoskeleton said:

i should've said 200-300%

Well, I'm using a minimal status/power str build. Could probably push it over 200% if you really wanted.

That said, I'm almost 90% sure the UI is bugged and is showing a lower number than what it really is, as I'm consistently proccing 5-10 stacks of viral / heat per swing on EB

first of all, hi

alright, i just hit rank 60 for nightwave intermission II(2), it seems that you can't go any further than rank 60. I remember in one of the patch notes that states the prestige tiers buffed up to rank 90 since you guys(DE) are making the Glassmaker(next nightwave episode). what is going on?

On 2020-03-06 at 2:01 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Warframe Revised: Hotfix 27.2.2

Unlisted 27.2.0 note:

Kitguns can use Skins now! This shipped a bit early, but enjoy!

Railjack Changes and Fixes:

• Reduced brightness on the Dome Charge FX.
  • Fixed a crash when aborting a Railjack mission.
  • Fixed Clients able to stack Railjack upgrades (Engine Boost, Shield Capacity, etc) by exiting and then re-entering the Railjack Configure panel in the Dry Dock.
  • Fixed the Sentient Anomaly Exterminate objective appearing in the UI again after completing it.
  • Fixed the Archwing Cannon clipping into the camera view.
  • Fixed a script error related to encountering a Crewship.

AoE Weapon Radial Fall Off Changes:

• Arsenal Stats now show Radial data and fall off when viewing a Weapon! 

Reduced the following AoE weapons Radial Damage Falloff from central impact that were all previously 90%:

Primary:

• Mutalist Quanta: 50%
  • Kuva Chakkurr: 30%
  • Opticor: 60%
  • Opticor Vandal: 60%
  • Battacor: 40%
  • Acceltra: 50%
  • Ogris: 80%
  • Kuva Ogris: 80%
  • Penta: 50%
  • Secura Penta: 60%
  • Simulor: 60%
  • Synoid Simulor: 60%
  • Tonkor: 70%
  • Kuva Tonkor: 70%
  • Zarr: 50%
  • Ferrox: 40%
  • Javlok: 30% / Alt Fire 60%
  • Scourge: 30% / Alt Fire 60%
  • Astilla: 30%
  • Phantasma: 50%
  • Komorex: 40%
  • Zhuge Prime: 30%
  • Lenz: 70%
  • Shedu: 60%

Secondary:

• Kuva Seer: 30%
  • Cyanex: 20%
  • Angstrum: 40%
  • Prisma Angstrum: 40%
  • Kulstar: 40%
  • Stug: 30%
  • Akarius: 70%
  • Staticor: 30% / Alt Fire 90%
  • Castanas: 40%
  • Sancti Castanas: 40%
  • Talons: 50%
  • Pox: 50%

Kitgun:

• Tombfinger: 30%

Arch-Gun:

• Grattler: 50%
  • Kuva Ayanga: 50%
  • Larkspur: 60%

Operator Amp:

• Granmu Prism: 30%
  • Shraksun Scaffold: 40%
  • Phahd Scaffold: 40%
  • Exard Scaffold: 30%
  • Dissic Scaffold: 60%
  • Propa Scaffold: 70%

Glaive:

• Cerata: 50%
  • Falcor: 50%
  • Glaive: 50%
  • Glaive Prime: 50%
  • Halikar: 50%
  • Kestrel: 50%
  • Orvius: 50%
  • Pathocyst: 50%

Corinth and Kuva Bramma remain unchanged.

Additions:

• Added an ‘Incomplete’ category to Arcane management screen when accessed via Foundry. 

Changes:

• Removed unnecessary dud grenade FX on the Kuva Bramma cluster bombs.
  • Increased the base Status Chance of Exalted Blade and Desert Wind to 15%, while also changing the Chromatic Blade and Reactive Storm Augments to stack in the same manner other Status Mods do. This was missed in the Status changes but is a necessary change now. The following reflects the new Maximums: 
    • Chromatic Blade 50% to 300% Status Chance
    • Reactive Storm 35% to 250% Status Chance

Optimizations:

• Improved error handling when running out of memory during Launcher Cache optimization.
  • Removed a dozen unnecessary scripts from Nekros’ cloth.

Deferred Rendering Fix:

• Fixes toward Railjack Battle Avionic ‘Void Hole’ visual appearance with Deferred Rendering enabled. 
  • Fixed the Operator Umbra Hood appearing overly shiny with Deferred Rendering enabled.
  • Fixed issue with glass flickering. 

Fixes:

• Fixed the following weapons not having the new ‘Status’ calculations. They also have multiple fire iterations and are valid for large Status Chance like Shotguns received at their base to address the new Status logic:
  • Quanta 
  • Quanta Vandal
  • Convectrix
  • Phantasma
  • Ballistica Prime
  • Fixed inability to complete The War Within Quest if you died as the Operator due to unfunctional Operator Revive screen. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1172752-the-war-within-death-bug/
  • Fixed Titania’s Tribute ability not extracting an offering from an enemy in the form of an Ability Buff.
  • Fixed missing Price details (even when you can’t purchase) on the Detailed Purchase screen. 
  • Fixed an issue with Survival Missions causing issues past the 10 minute mark when players Join-in-progress. 
  • Fixed inboxed Avionics and Arcanes not showing up properly (Prime Time bug!).
  • Fixed Titania and Hildryn gaining 100% Damage reduction while in their airborne forms (Razorwing, Aegis Storm) when equipped with Aviator, Aerodynamic, and Agility Drift.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur in missions with Zip-lines.
  • Fixed rare script crash that would break your Hijack mission if the objective is destroyed at the very last moment before extraction.
  • Fixed 1:60 chance your Hijack mission would break if you let the Objective get destroyed.
  • Fixed a script crash that could occur with Hijack missions under heavy lag.
  • Fixed numerous harmless script crashes on when quitting the game with the Mask of the Revenant Quest active.
  • Fixed Attachment Energy colors not properly applying to certain particle systems. (mainly an Ephemera issue). As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1172621-vengeful-toxin-ephemera-colour-slots-bugged-since-update/ 
  • Fixed lighting issues on the Sovereign Syandana.
  • Fixes towards preprocessed foliage lighting looking wonky in some cases.
  • Fixed Servofish swimming through the air when moving to Fish in an adjoining lake in Orb Vallis.
  • Fixed an issue with clashing decorations in the Observatory in the Dojo. 
  • Fixed issues with the Grineer Shipyards environment’s moving parts. 
  • Fixed the Arcane Manager screen incorrectly showing you how many Max Rank Arcanes you own.
  • Fixed a script error related to the Kohm.
  • Fixed a script error related to placing a Loc-Pin.
  • Fixed a script error when attempting to Fish in Orb Vallis.
  • Fixed a script error when selecting Fishing Bait.
  • Fixed a script error related to using the Scanner.

could we get the phase through the plains glitch fixed when riding a k-drive please 

So, multiple things. 

Thing one is that people crying over RNG are funny.  It's funny, because the whole concept of RNG for rewards is designed to make people play longer because there's no finite promise of getting anything.  That's right everyone, the 10% drop rates are actually going to fail to drop in 10 runs.  Yes, that's 0.9^10=0.3487=35% of the time even a radiant relic 10 times in a row will not yield the rare drop.  Thank you statistics making inductive logic wrong.

Moving on Railjack still sucks.  I'm going to give praise for the invincibility, it isn't what I asked for but it is enough to be only frustrating.  What we paid to get that invincibility was a new enemy with invincibility, the increased likelihood of being knocked down because self damage now apparently requires you to get knocked down, we still can't improve or trade the dropped items, and most horribly of all items now seem to not come with bonuses or drop properly.  I've gotten 2 Lavan III reactors, and they now just don't get bonuses.  I've also gotten about 4 Lavan Mk I weapons and haven't been to Earth in weeks.  Yep, it seems like your new enemies have borked drop tables, despite being in the veil.

I offer further praise in that resources are now large enough to see.  Enemies still seem stupidly tanky, given that those damage changes don't apply to Archwing damage type conversions and status effects.  Finally, the bugs are horrendous.  Spawning into a gradient field when leaving vehicles, enemies popping in because the draw distance is odd, enemies spawning across the map, infinite loading at mission exit, and my favorite is the complete disregard of tracking limits on projectiles because you can die in archwing if an enemy saw you 3 minutes ago because the projectiles infinitely track you and with the blink upgrade you can literally outrun them for thousands of meters but they'll track you across an open map.

This is what the Scarlet Spear is going to be built upon?  I really hope there's a lot of tweaking or this event is going to run for a month.

Self Damage being removed is a blessing, that is immediately followed by a J@ck@$$ style shot to the genitals.  Yes, I refer to the show from MTV.  You heard the complaints that the Profit Taker was a pain because of the knock-downs.  You heard us state that the self damage on weapons, applied inconsistently, was annoying because some weapons paid the price and others didn't.  You heard this feedback and decided to replace inconsistent self damage with knock-downs.  It's mind boggling.  Furthermore, you decided to change the Profit Taker to include "less frequent" knock-downs.  I've spent the weekend grinding a bunch of Profit Taker battles, and I call shenanigans.  I also suggest that there's something broken with the Opticor and Opticor Vandal.  Full charges occasionally cause knock-back, when they've hit nothing at all.  They also don't cause a magnetic AoE on the Profit Taker, and seem to not do so on many of the other enemies unless you hit terrain intentionally.

In short, after two weeks the system is still bad.  It wasn't a snap reaction, this is a sustained bit of stupidity with so many of your weapons it isn't funny.  If you really want to do this, instead of a knock-back/knock-down maybe you should introduce an accuracy penalty that lasts about as long as the current status.  If my cross-hair was wiggling around after an attack it would either prevent me from doing damage or prevent me from shooting, without the invitation to have sponge enemies simply walk up and one-shot me on the ground because damage scaling is still borked.

What about stacked shots, how do we penalize people who just fire wildly?  That's simple, stack the debuff and increase the duration for the accuracy penalty.  People will stop shooting if they can't hit an enemy and instead fire wildly into the air.  At the same time, they can still bounce around and avoid damage, like a space ninja, while recovering.

Let's talk arcanes.  I'm going to buy into the event rewarding them at a low enough cost to stock my inventory.  I'm having much more problems seeing how this will continue, because new players coming in will only have the Eidolon grind and that is not going to be fun.  Maybe let's talk recurring event status?  Not a yearly recurrence either, I'm talking about a week every quarter.

Let's also talk the effects.  Shenanigans are called again.  100+% resistance to the effects of magnetic effect aren't actually working.  I've run the Profit Taker a bunch, and two Tri-Eidolons.  In both cases sometimes the game decides that a magnetic proc will hit.  Why?  I don't know.  I'm really not happy with the fringe useful magnetic resistance not actually working, and we have arcanes for slash, radiation, heat, magnetic, toxic, and cold.  I have literally no reason to equip any one of these unless I'm going into a boss farm, and they each require 21 arcanes to farm.  Let's boil all of this down to three resistances; IPS, base elements, and combined elements. Let's make sure all of them actually work, and you now have to decide on what combo not to cover rather than what one you want immunity to.  You'll not this will add electric, corrosive, viral, gas, blast, puncture, and impact without diluting the pool further.  That isn't a coincidence.

Finally, let's talk the future here.  The last couple of updates have been good.  Game changers, that have gotten people angry, but have largely panned out a fixing issues that sometimes have existed in the game for years.  What am I talking about?  Well scaling seems to be less insane, there's a reason to use something other than power donation or corrosive projection, and shotguns not entirely focused on critical chance or 100% status are pretty good.  

Let's talk the listening side, and why it made an otherwise very difficult to swallow arcane change something not good, but tolerable.  The reason certain arcanes were used was simple, there are frames in the game who have no survivability because the primary way to survive was to minimize damage.  How do you do that, you stack armor or become invisible.  When the armor increase is based on a percentage, and you have nothing to start with, 1000% of nothing is still nothing.  I'm looking at you original Zephyr rework that stripped armor off of base frame and added it back into prime frame.  Likewise, energize gave channeling powered frames back the ability to not run dry on energy.  That decision was implemented back in the days of Draco, to prevent a greedy pull mag and Mesa from literally creating a fast affinity farm, and was undone by an arcane because....I still don't know why.

Getting back to the topic, you listened when people told you the obvious.  Guardian was useful because a frame with 15 armor can't boost it with mods, but an arcane delivering 600 base armor meant the squishiest frames got to live.  Likewise, the energize is apparently still good now, but I can't really comment because the need for 21 means that the one I finished a couple of months ago now ate a nerf.  At a 5% drop rate and gated to heck, I'm not going to see a completed one for years unless the new event makes them a fair grind.

What's the point of all of this?  Old Blood was a bad update.  Empyrean was a bad update.  I want to make sure that you don't rewrite history here, and believe that things just needed a few little tweaks to make them right.  I want to highlight that right now there isn't a hundred videos from your partners, highlighting that everything is bad because there's either no content or content that seems to have been released with no thought.  The content I'm seeing is hype and people testing out new builds because you've finally decided that infinite scaling with a power function was a bad call.

What does this mean for the future? 

Point one, start listening when people are angry and not when they've absolutely irate.  Coming from someone in QA, it's often difficult to agree that you suck as bad as some people think you do.  There's a lot of power in being able to take criticism not couched in praise, and extracting what value it has.  The thing is, sometimes you need a wake-up call. 

Point two, stop making stupid promises.  You wrote down an ambitious plan for 2019 on the whiteboard.  You did so, almost as a direct measuring stick against your competition (Anthem and Destiny).  It seems like in 2020 instead of sitting down, evaluating where you were, and revising you've decided to hide the board and go back to making grand promises that you cannot meet.  It's 3/15/20, and on your website it still says the Scarlet Spear is coming early March.  But the Dev stream said you're maybe shooting for next week, and maybe later because of the contagion fears.  Fine, that's understandable.  What isn't is that your delivery schedules are so inaccurate that there's a meme for your inability to deliver on-time and one for your inability to deliver on promises (soontm and primed salt).  Maybe get communication straight, and we'll respect delays.  Right now a delay isn't something we expect, it's a guarantee.

Please play your game before releasing.  This is going to be an accusation, because quite often we see you playing the game and the developer mode is on.  Yeah, it's great when you're playing and can show anything as amazing.  Grendel was great with infinite energy, and Octavia not being one shot from across the room meant she was a great support.  The problem was and is that sometimes you screw up the balance on frames and the math you follow up with seems to be devoid of practical understanding.  Let me put this into an example that hits home.  In movement 1.0 Zephyr and Excalibur were king, because of super jump and tail wind.  When movement 2.0 came about Excalibur was upgraded, and Zephyr got to eat crow.  Then Zephyr got a deluxe skin, and then it was lost.  Next Zephyr finally got a rework, and turbulence now takes a bit to cast and still isn't a full shield from projectile attacks, while of course taking an armor hit.  Right now about 20% of  the enemies in the game ignore turbulence, and despite huge HP and shields Zephyr dies.  No deluxe skin, no survival without Guardian, and she's only been bumped in armor to match CC and ability frames like Octavia.  I like playing as Zephyr, and after looking at her 2 being a buff to her 4 with middling stats I have to ask why.  My only answer is that you balance only for the meta, and as yet that's an Inaros wielding an Ignis.  I get it, but then you release things like Railjack that are fine with everything maxed.  The issue is that to get RNG drops and RNG power you have to grind, and the grind isn't structured to be fun.  The grind is a slot machine.  If we could understand that you're playing 2-3 hours a night, and getting the things with 2% drop rates at the 20 minute mark, it'd be acceptable.  What we instead see is spawning in with everything to the 9's and in developer mode.  It kinda looks like you don't understand our frustration because you balanced level 10 fine without planning levels 1-9.

Finally, let's not have RNG as a primary motivation for the game.  This is going to sound pretty stupid, but this is a free to play game so maybe learn from your contemporaries.  Warframe is using the free to play RNG system to get people to log in longer, but that's not rewarding consistently.  It's especially not rewarding when it takes 15-20 minutes for a 2% or less chance to get a thing, or when it's 5% and you need to get the thing 20+ times.  You've dabbled with the Acolytes.  You've dabbled with Thermia and the Infected Boil.  Let's close the loop, and give Baro a spiritual sibling.  Let's make them competitive, and call it someone after Little Duck's heart.  Add constant small quantity drops everywhere, such that each mission gets 10-20 units if you collect everything.  Let's then have caches of it instead of the stupid 3000 credit caches, at around the 1000-2000 quantities.  Let's then price things such that 8k-50k units of this constant drop can be used to purchase goodies.  That's right, a currency that can be used anywhere but doesn't accumulate fast enough to break the game.  Let's then do something amazing, and only unlock items at that vendor if you sacrifice at least one.  Yep, you'll have to get one thing and decide whether you use it or sacrifice it to get more after a long grind.  It'll be easy to pop in something like an ayatan, but giving up an umbral forma knowing it'll be 50-60 missions before you can get it back will be a huge ask of patience.  Conversely, a weekly token can be purchased allowing for about 400 platinum to be converted into any item from the vendor.  In this way you've got a grinder solution, a pay to skip grinding solution, and if the grinder has a cap on accumulated resource you won't have power grinders accumulating years worth and sitting on it until something new comes out.

The non-RNG above is a suggestion.  Take it with a mountain of salt.  The point is that RNG in this game isn't fun, it's a slot machine.  You're welcome to keep it, but make sure there's a way to work towards the rewards we want because if there isn't then we will burn out once the painful nature of RNG is made clear.

As before, disregard or listen to the feedback.  It seems like last time you actually did, and despite not acknowledging it you made the changes better by addressing some very real concerns.  Please, continue to learn.  We know you're human, and we all make mistakes.  The only time it's inexcusable is when you already know the right answer, no matter how wrong it is.  It's often difficult to admit to doing this, when you believe what you are doing is right.  I am not a griefing troll, I'm someone who loves the game and wants you to stop doing things that make me feel stupid for that sentiment.

• Like 3

On 2020-03-14 at 4:00 AM, OnceADrog said:
On 2020-03-14 at 3:55 AM, Sir-Swerving said:

What would be more necessary is that host should play the role of the captain and be able to lock out certain players from using missiles or dome charges, Refining should be entirely automatic when returning to dojo or selecting a new mission.

Great point, but people have been asking for all this since railjack launched, and it still isn't there....

A Railjack should be treated as any ship, which in Warframe translates into a "temporary mini-clan". The captain (Railjack owner) is the boss, and the boss decides what anyone can and cannot do.

For PUB/randoms missions, this could be easily achievable with a general permission matrix ("allowed to do this: yes/no"). In order to be fair for all involved, players joining a mission should be able to see this in advance and it cannot be changed after a mission is started (= the "collecting squad members" phase). Clan members and friends could be easily handled the same way, simply by including a third option for all permission settings ("allowed to do this: yes/no/if clan member/if friend").

A permission system (as per above) should not be too hard to implement (in design, interface and code). It would be easy and quick to set, and easy for players joining a mission to see what they are allowed/not allowed to do. It would also logically follow the current pre-mission selection of "open", "friends", "invite", "solo" by being something you select in advance (not while in mission). The rest would sort itself out "community-wise" (players being to strict wouldn't get crew, idiots/leechers would lose their friends/clan, so there would be a normal "normalizing" of strictness/behaviour).

However, giving specific permissions to specific players would create a much more complex structure and system, and the idea of a Captain Bligh arbitrarily changing permissions for players or Railjack functions while in mission is simply horrible. So both are "out" as solutions, as per complexity/toxicity. So is allowing Railjack owners setting their personal MR- or intrinsics-based "gates" for allowing players onboard their spaceship.

A simple "permission matrix"-based system would, however, also logically sync with intrinsics (one part being the "personal unlock", the other part being the "captain unlock"). In addition, for captains putting a mission crew together it would be easy to side-step the need for a player-based permission system simply by using a "invite only"- or a "friends only"-setting. Though for players having lots and lots and lots of friends, the inclusion of an additional "clan only"-option would be beneficial (actually not only in Railjack, but in the game overall).

Edited by Graavarg