Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Hotfix 27.2.2

[DE]Rebecca

I haven’t tried the new version of using a self damagable weapon yet... what I found out quite annoying is that once I got knocked down by enemy blast/aoe then I lay on the ground for quite a few seconds. I have to press movement key to get myself up then keep fighting. If I just press e or shooting mouse button nothing will happen until the few seconds run out. 

This, together with self staggering, make me think that hand spring or sure footed type of mods are taking for sure one place in many new incoming Warframe builds. 

I’m not sure if I like it or not, as enemies are nerfed you don’t need to be as deadly as before. Sparing slots for gimmick mods might help generate inspirations, but eh you know it’s always painful to change and adapt. 

DE can we PLEASE remove these redundant arm time gimmicks on launchers like Acceltra, Cornith and Tonkor now?

Accelta after these insane nerfs has no purpose existing, I can't even use it on my Harrow because 1st shot staggers AND pushes enemies away, this means I will aim for the head and either not hit at all or push them into a body shot, furthermore the aoe does no damage and I lose even more damage at closer ranges because I get no aoe at all, this makes the game feel awful to use now.

The entire arm time weakness was to protect you, now it's actively holding the weapon back, why should this gun exist? I deal maybe sometimes more damage than a soma prime but my total ammo capacity is around 50% of a single soma primes magazine? Soma prime even deals with crowds better now, guns all negative no positives, aoe was it all it had and that's currently dead.

This patch is a nightmare, skins for my rattleguts is not enough to justify all the nerfs and grinds you've added this patch.

1 hour ago, reinforcers said:

talking about diversity at 1st then now it's just like enforcing AoE user to take on Bramma 🤦‍♀️

Other way around.  Not that they un-nerfed the living hell out of the other AoEs nearly enough, and Bramma is still gimp.

Tell you what, DE, you cut the BS with giving new enemies, like those in PoE release, OV release, and RJ release multiple times the base stats of their equivalents so that a level 90 RJ enemy might as well be level 300+, and I'll take launcher nerfs lying down.  As-is, all AoE weapons are now low level trash clearing weapons because of the worse enemies of this sort.

52 minutes ago, Zanagoth said:

All AoE weapons (even ones that didn't do self-damage before, like Staticor, Pox, Astilla etc) all still do self- stagger.

If you had the time to manually change damage falloff on every explosive weapon (which is still a dumb change that nobody asked for, please stop monkeypawing every QoL change, thanks), then you should have time to undo the absolutely lazy script you ran that just makes any AoE deal self-stagger without caring about context of whether it was self-damage or not.

This is why the community has trust issues with you, DE. Because y'all can't be trusted with making one of the biggest set of proposed improvements in the game so far without throwing in a whole bunch of unwanted nerfs, bugs or downsides either out of spite or a misguided sense of "balance".

Ah, you poor naive bro.  They did that all intentionally.  Reading carefully, they actually said they were going to do it before they did it, which is why a lot of us complained.  Then they did it anyway.  Honestly, if their mathematicians weren't able to calculate that +20% radius and 90% linear damage falloff is removing around 80% of a weapon's AoE power...  then they have no business changing any weapons at all.  I don't believe for a second that they're unable, and I don't believe for a second that they didn't calculate that already.

They didn't even do it because of game health, at least not at the later stages of the game, where this decreased game health by deleting AoE weapons as anything other than utility proc spreaders.

New player experience, "oh noes vets deleting everything my level, no fun for me?"  Nah, Saryn/Volt/Equinox/lots-of-other-frames still exist, and even apart from that, they could just adjust matchmaking so that people don't get matched with anyone, say, more than ten mastery ranks away from them when going into rando pubs.  Anyone with the rank has a greater selection of gear, mods, and if they don't have experience, they've only themselves to blame for spending 90% of their entire play time in Hydron.  They don't have any difficulty clearing trash either, so they've no call to complain about people wiping out level 1-100 mobs indiscriminately.

And no, it's not AoE in general.  If that were even close to true, weapons like the Kuva Nukor would have eaten the nerf bat too, or, I dunno, the elephant in the room?  Melee?  Melee that do higher DPS in a larger AOE than pre-nerf bramma with more procs per second of better types and less setup time, no self damage, and no self stagger?

The fact of the matter is, while frames have die-hard fans that expect their frame to be at least somewhat playable for almost everthing, weapons don't.  They just don't.  People will complain and then eventually fall into Stockholm syndrome and just move on with it, by ditching their previously liked and now worthless weapons for the new power creep.  Make no mistake, there WILL be new AoE power creep.  All this nerfing was just flattening the table so there's virgin space to build on top of it, and it was all intentional.

I like that the insane damage falloff has been changed somewhat.

Though it is still a HUUUUUGE NERF to any aoe weapon since there is no buff to center damage.

Also there being stagger on non self damage weapons is just plain old bad.

DE says they don't want to nerf everything, but they nerfed all aoe weapons just because they found the bramma too powerful. GOOD GOING

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Glaive Prime: 50%

When I saw this, I hoped that the explosion no-crit bug had been fixed, but no, my Glaive Prime (and presumably the other glaives) still cannot critically hit.

Again I ask, is this intended behavior or a bug?

Can you guys remove the intrinsic cap on Rail Jack? I just hit level 10 on all of my skills and have gotten all of the RJ parts I needed, but it would be nice to let get continue building progress by getting intrinsic to invest into the future command skill tree.

8 minutes ago, skultech said:

but they nerfed all aoe weapons just because they found the bramma too powerful. GOOD GOING

without any reasons on top of that, as some weapons performs better than bramma, without any downsides. keep this in mind.

Can you please do something with codex?
For hmm years there are some unobtainable scans (G3 golem for example) or some broken one (The Hyena Pack)

Maybe you can give us some way to obtain this scans? How about something simillar to universal medalion (hmm universal codex/data/scans etc?)

I among many found exalt and enjoyment in the pre-nerf Kuva Bramma. After years I could undoubtedly name a weapon that I actually had massive fun playing. With this nerf now it just feels mediocre. You can talk about how OP it was, well, believe it or not, many find enjoyment in entering a mission and spanking enemies without having worry about BS. Having to adjust with the self-damage was enough of a risk-reward factor. That fun is now in the past.

The solution to the AoE weapons is to base the Damage loss on where the shooter is. If they are inside the blast, reduced the damage by the distance. If they aren't inside it all, don't reduce the damage.

KISS the problem.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

• Staticor: Alt Fire 90%

Nice to see what you are trying to improve
But it's still too ridiculously high for weapons that aren't that strong
Can we just take a 70% or maybe 60% ?
Hope to see changes

beggingforfood_blog_1600x.jpg?v=15289117

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Changes:

• Removed unnecessary dud grenade FX on the Kuva Bramma cluster bombs.
  • Increased the base Status Chance of Exalted Blade and Desert Wind to 15%, while also changing the Chromatic Blade and Reactive Storm Augments to stack in the same manner other Status Mods do. This was missed in the Status changes but is a necessary change now. The following reflects the new Maximums: 
    • Chromatic Blade 50% to 300% Status Chance
    • Reactive Storm 35% to 250% Status Chance

Legit serious question: Are you guys just determined to kill off exalted weapons? Because if so let's not beat around the bush. Don't make us suffer, just get it over with already.

Thank you for the Hotfix!

1. There is a new glitch or bugg it happened not only to me, players not being able to shoot or use abilities for few sec, mostly in Plains of Eidolon also during hunting!

2. Kuva Siphon is badly glitched, players faced many times not being able to get any Kuva. you are destroying the Kuva cload but it does not count as UI  it shows 0. After you let all cloads go inside you do not get any Kuva not even the half of it!

3. Players are getting sometimes pulled back although they are not using any weapon that can do Self-Damage, I assume it came or something to do with Self-Damage.

Thanks DE!

Still no fixes for:

Hydroid missing uncolorable detailing on his body

Mag Prime missing gold band coloring around the front of her waist

Garuda's Talons using the wrong colors when NOT equipped

Kerata Syandana is STILL too far off of Khora's body. Should be flush against her back like it is on all other frames.

Mios is STILL using the Lacera's chord texture instead of it's own

With Hysteria active, double jumping removes the unique spinning jump animation

New bugs:

Trinity Prime's skirt physics are broken, again

Textures are broken on Nekros Prime's summoned Shadows

Hopefully these bugs can FINALLY be fixed this year...

Why all this hate for the staticor? It has still the full 90% (!) drop-off, the maximum you thought acceptable, for the charged shot, which was the only one I ever used. It now has added stagger _way_ beyond the actual explosion radius, even though it had _no_ self-damage before!

Why the huge nerf to what was arguably one of the only alternatives left for people who aren't real life ninjas, who can't "git gud" anymore, who can't "aim true" because they are physically unable to do so? I loved finding this niche weapon since it allowed me to play without having to snipe-aim, something I'm increasingly bad at, but now I can't use it anymore since it has been nerfed into unusabilty!

Archived