Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Additional effects for Magnetic

chainsawplayin

I have a couple of ideas on effects that could be caused by the Magnetic status:

• "bullet attractor" like the one caused by Void damage (Amps), but with slightly increased range per Magnetic stack
  • Affected enemies pull eachother (with or without ragdoll?) with strength relative to the number of Magnetic status stacks.

What do you think about this?

• Like 6

Lovely.

I'm actually thinking about writing a long post on what the status procs are like now and hope the community could give positive feedback to DE so they could further improve the status system. Would you mind if I refer your idea on that post?

I'm still kinda sad that none of the meta has changed. Slash, viral, corrosive, toxin is still the most powerful element while imact puncture blast cold are the most useless.

Why can't Cold just freeze enemies in place after a certain number of stacks? It should be able to freeze them solid!
Just like Frost's 1 and 4 do, it could actually be useful, maybe increasing damage or even stripping some armor with each freeze snap? 
Once you'd reach 10 stacks, it would "snap", dealing lots more damage or stripping some armor, or both.

As for Impact, it's a stupid damage type overall, I don't think I even have an idea on what it could do better, maybe a chance to take away enemy's weapons? Jam weapons?
Maybe it could slow down their movement and lower accuracy, or just strip armor like Shattering Impact. 

Puncture could grant Punch-through after a certain number of stacks, the enemy is so perforated, that bullets pass through them like water through a sponge.

On 2020-03-06 at 10:19 PM, Shaburanigud said:

I'm still kinda sad that none of the meta has changed. Slash, viral, corrosive, toxin is still the most powerful element while imact puncture blast cold are the most useless.

Personally I'd see Heat as the most powerful single element and now that 3 viral procs give more of a damage buff than any positive armour class modifier, I'd see that becoming the new meta on fast status weapons, unlti DE realises how they've broken that system.

4 hours ago, TheArcSet said:

Personally I'd see Heat as the most powerful single element and now that 3 viral procs give more of a damage buff than any positive armour class modifier, I'd see that becoming the new meta on fast status weapons, unlti DE realises how they've broken that system.

Hmm I don't know, while the heat proc itself is stronger, the 75% damage bonus to most armor types makes corrosive be my to-go elemental combo.
But yeah, I do mix in heat with that. I'm quite sure everyone does.

Anyway in the past the viable status procs were
Slash, Heat, Toxin, Corrosive, Viral, Gas, Blast(Great CC)

While now the viable options are only
Slash, Heat, Toxin, Corrosive, Viral

How did DE manage to reduce the number of viable status procs?!
Wasn't this patch suppose to change it and broaden our choices?!
AND WHY THE HELL DID THEY NOT EVEN MAKE A FEEDBACK THREAD FOR THIS?!

fun mention: The Hystrix is a lovely weapon to test out some interactions. Mine is modded for viral + electricity. If I use cold bullets (100% cold proc chance) funny things happen when the enemy is reduced to like 20% their animation speed but also get shocked repeatedly - that's on top of viral proc stavks on top of crits. Cold is NOT a bad proc. It's just a more supportive one. Shock is a better CC than cold, but cold makes shock a LOT more useful as CC. same with fire. Same with Impact. Cold and puncture is going to reduce enemy dps to absurdly low levels.

I think people underestimate the viability of these options because we haven't yet had the REAL threats (eidolons, sentients, liches) get their status immunity removed. Puncture + cold is likely excellent against liches, especially the ones wielding big heavy hitting guns

. Also, do not overlook the fact that damage can be increased in very, very varied ways - to the point that sometimes, QOL and convenience statuses are more useful than pure raw damage. There ISNT a reason beyond self satisfaction to go into endless runs. For instance, vauban can clump enemies together, making any AoE or punchthrough much stronger. Mag has bubbles. Mirage. Banshee and her sonar. 

for instance, once liches are status viable, I am absolutely going to bring a Banshee with cold-spam weapons. I already get an obnoxiously absurd 12x damage multiplier just by hitting the weak spots. Slowing down the lich and reducing damage is going to help out more than simply getting bigger damage numbers.

people are too used to powercreep brainstorming and simulacrum comparisons that sometimes they forget there's more going on than simply EHP and TTK.

While in theory it'd be nice if magnetic did something unique, it just doesn't matter with how hard enemies have been nerfed and the uselessness of shields. Magnetic will never be useful unless shields get massively increased scaling to outscale health. And then it'll still be bad because toxin bypasses shields and has health bonuses.

10 hours ago, Drago55577 said:

While in theory it'd be nice if magnetic did something unique, it just doesn't matter with how hard enemies have been nerfed and the uselessness of shields. Magnetic will never be useful unless shields get massively increased scaling to outscale health. And then it'll still be bad because toxin bypasses shields and has health bonuses.

I've been thinking about this, and instead of making shields absurdly large, why not improve upon the good idea?

Multiple Shield Gating.

Shields are now divided into layers for every 150 shield, the shield becomes independent and forms itself a layer.
So if you have 300 shield, you will get two layers of shield each having 150.

By having the shield in layers, we can enable the shield gating to happen multiple times as well.
So if the enemy has about 300 shield & 200 health, and you're gun can only do 500 damage per shot, despite having a massive amount of damage, you'll have to shoot the enemy at least 3 times thanks to shield gating (yes this is considering the 5% dmg penetration)
Thus, while not making Corpus too insane, it will make them considerably more formidable.
Not to mention a lot of warframes could benefit from this system as well.

Of course, with toxin penetrating everything it would be useless unless we change that property.
I suggest toxin can only penetrate toward health when there is only 1 layer of shield left.
This will make the best combo to deal with corpus be the magnetic/toxin build.
Magnetic to remove all those extra layers of shields as fast as possible, and toxin to bypass that last layer of shield.

On 2020-03-07 at 9:26 PM, chainsawplayin said:

Why can't Cold just freeze enemies in place after a certain number of stacks? It should be able to freeze them solid!

Cold should have gotten its condition duration extending power back as it had pre 25.7 too.
So 50% slow 50% extra duration, 5% more per stack then, at 10 stacks freezes enemy for 3~6s completely.