Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LET US ENJOY AOE WEPS ALREADY!!!

Scar.brother.help.me

DE, please, stop that non-sence! AOE weps are not OP!! NOT EVEN CLOSE. If you wish to have drawbacks to them, buff their damage 3-5 times or make that damn Fall-off AFTER initial range as more range of reduced damage and let us enjoy it at least for this weekend and then listen to feedback.
But 90% to 80% - do you even try it yourself? This is still nothing, you are not finetuning it, you do literally nothing. Even if you double aoe range and remove the fall off, remove stagger completely - aoe weps will still be an average option to clear out enemy crowds (may be Bramma will me a bit OP).
Just let us enjoy these weps while we have x2 affinity weekend.

P.S."I dare you make it op"

• Like 3

Conspiracy theory: overnerf older AoE weapons to encourage more people to start participating in the Kuva Lich system that has so far been a major failure and sees only minimal participation even among veteran players. 

Of course they'd also have to double nerf the catchmoon again if they really wanted to force us to care about Kuva weapons, so maybe not. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:
14 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Wasnt last pc update reduced alot of falloff damage reduction for alot of aoe weapons

90% to 80% (and not even all, sounds like a joke, right?)

Hmm....

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Reduced the following AoE weapons Radial Damage Falloff from central impact that were all previously 90%:

Primary:

• Mutalist Quanta: 50%
  • Kuva Chakkurr: 30%
  • Opticor: 60%
  • Opticor Vandal: 60%
  • Battacor: 40%
  • Acceltra: 50%
  • Ogris: 80%
  • Kuva Ogris: 80%
  • Penta: 50%
  • Secura Penta: 60%
  • Simulor: 60%
  • Synoid Simulor: 60%
  • Tonkor: 70%
  • Kuva Tonkor: 70%
  • Zarr: 50%
  • Ferrox: 40%
  • Javlok: 30% / Alt Fire 60%
  • Scourge: 30% / Alt Fire 60%
  • Astilla: 30%
  • Phantasma: 50%
  • Komorex: 40%
  • Zhuge Prime: 30%
  • Lenz: 70%
  • Shedu: 60%

Secondary:

• Kuva Seer: 30%
  • Cyanex: 20%
  • Angstrum: 40%
  • Prisma Angstrum: 40%
  • Kulstar: 40%
  • Stug: 30%
  • Akarius: 70%
  • Staticor: 30% / Alt Fire 90%
  • Castanas: 40%
  • Sancti Castanas: 40%
  • Talons: 50%
  • Pox: 50%

Kitgun:

• Tombfinger: 30%

Arch-Gun:

• Grattler: 50%
  • Kuva Ayanga: 50%
  • Larkspur: 60%

Operator Amp:

• Granmu Prism: 30%
  • Shraksun Scaffold: 40%
  • Phahd Scaffold: 40%
  • Exard Scaffold: 30%
  • Dissic Scaffold: 60%
  • Propa Scaffold: 70%

Glaive:

• Cerata: 50%
  • Falcor: 50%
  • Glaive: 50%
  • Glaive Prime: 50%
  • Halikar: 50%
  • Kestrel: 50%
  • Orvius: 50%
  • Pathocyst: 50%

Corinth and Kuva Bramma remain unchanged.

I don't know if we both read the same patch notes, but the only weapon that went from 90% to 80% was the Ogris (and the Kuva variant), and the Corinth and Bramma staying the same. Everything else got their Damage Falloff reduced more than that, so not sure what you're talking about. You can definitely still enjoy AoE weapons, you just can't fire them all willy-nilly and expect enemies to instantly crumble at the single tickle of an explosion.

As single target weapons they now just suck. Low ammo, acc is far from optimal. As a weapon class your not suppost to 'land head shots' its landing shots to hit as many foes as possible. This damage fall off TRASH is a heavy nerf to all of them. Barring some specific builds which honestly likely are going to see to more nerfs if too many use them already!

At most there should be 3 zones to the AOE

Zone 1, minimal range around ground zero. 

Zone 2, most of the range is this zone. maybe 20% tops for fall off. This is what the weapon is made for after all. 

Zone 3, this is where the fall off happens sharply, and only in a very small portion of the outer ring. 

This kind of illogical argument is the stuff DE just ignores.

Yes, grenade weapons are a bit sad right now, and have been for a good long while. They're supposed to be fun and high damage, but for now we have to let DE do what they do best: listen. Give them a REAL reason for the change. List arguments and reasons, not just "I want this to be more powerful."

Getting mad at them won't make them listen, you gotta be patient. It's not easy to make a massively successful MMO shooter, you know?

vor einer Stunde schrieb Skyward_Knight:

Getting mad at them won't make them listen [...]

Universal medallions would like a word with you.

Oh, and how about that for a well-reasoned argument:

The staticor had no self-damage before the nerf and was my go-to weapon since I'm not good at aiming precisely for health-related reasons. Now its charged fire _still_ has a 90% drop-off, and the stagger / flinch radius is _way_ bigger than the actual explosion. The weapon is in its current state unusable for me, and I have little to no alternatives left now that all AoE weapons have been reduced to basically single-target weapons.

It was fun playing, but things like this make me realize that I cannot rely on games remaining friendly to their player base, and that across-the-board nerfs are apparently inevitable.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PontifexPrimus1 said:

Universal medallions would like a word with you.

Oh, and how about that for a well-reasoned argument:

The staticor had no self-damage before the nerf and was my go-to weapon since I'm not good at aiming precisely for health-related reasons. Now its charged fire _still_ has a 90% drop-off, and the stagger / flinch radius is _way_ bigger than the actual explosion. The weapon is in its current state unusable for me, and I have little to no alternatives left now that all AoE weapons have been reduced to basically single-target weapons.

It was fun playing, but things like this make me realize that I cannot rely on games remaining friendly to their player base, and that across-the-board nerfs are apparently inevitable.

Yes, the staticor and other AoE weapons are in bad shape, as I said earlier, but for now we just have to keep talking about it. Arguing with me about it here won't help us get our point across.