Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Prime Sure Footed good now?

Redfeather75

I picked it as my 400 login day reward and then found out it was a joke mod. But now I hear it is really useful!

So I sit here looking at the cost to level it up to max and it's staggering.

Should I do it?!

If it is as valuable as I hear do you think it is going to get nerfed too?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redfeather75 said:

I picked it as my 400 login day reward and then found out it was a joke mod. But now I hear it is really useful!

So I sit here looking at the cost to level it up to max and it's staggering.

Should I do it?!

If it is as valuable as I hear do you think it is going to get nerfed too?

u still will be better off with handspring on in worst case constitution
difference here is primed sure footed will make u nable to be knocked into the ground
but considering investment u need to make to rank it to 10 seems not worth it
but if u have too much endo and credits go for it
if not its not worth it

It has always been good, if you can cover the capacity cost.

Being immune to or being able to recover from knockdown is probably one of the most valueble defensive options we have access to, especially if you enjoy being in the thick of things. It's just that the mod is very expensive when it comes to capacity cost, so you likely need to sacrifice something else.

I prefer the cheap knockdown recovery exilus, makes you bounce right back up.

Handspring will automatically cause you to recover just about instantly after a knockdown, and in rare cases it will entirely ignore a knockdown effect. 

Primed Sure Footed always locks you into a block animation. It also costs like 1.5x the the mod capacity of Handspring. 

• Like 3

It has always been good for staying on the move, especially during Aim Glides. Its value depends mostly on how much you keep on the move. If you're sitting in a single spot and you don't really move, getting knocked down with Handspring isn't going to mean anything. If you're zooming past a group of enemies and something knocks you over, you're going to drop into that crowd like a sack of potatoes.

Now, it's completely broken. It's currently a free ticket to gunsplosion land where you empty magazines of explosives into your feet with absolutely no consequence. They have also removed the block animation, so it's basically 18 mod cost to completely remove knockdowns from the game. The only thing that remains are the push/pull effects of certain knockdown attacks.

Edited by RX-3DR

1 minute ago, RX-3DR said:

Now, it's completely broken. It's currently a free ticket to gunsplosion land where you empty magazines of explosives into your feet with absolutely no consequence.

I heard it stops the self stagger from the weapons. I am worried that leveling it will cost so much endo and credits and the mod will be nerfed into being really bad.

Just now, Redfeather75 said:

I heard it stops the self stagger from the weapons. I am worried that leveling it will cost so much endo and credits and the mod will be nerfed into being really bad.

As mentioned, in its previous iteration before this monstrosity, it has it's value but is really subjective. I spend a lot of my time Aim Gliding and staying off the floor so it was borderline critical for me since I don't want to fall out of the air and into a crowd. Consider what value it has in a more non-broken iteration, no knockdowns with no blocking animations, to you. If it's really useful to you, then it's valuable to get it now and just blast away until it gets nerfed since you'll continue using it after. As for bombing your feet, you can do it with Nezha or Rhino anyways so unless you really want the novelty of bombing your feet with any frame, don't rush on the decision since it's incredibly broken that it makes no sense for them to leave it as is.

3 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

As mentioned, in its previous iteration before this monstrosity, it has it's value but is really subjective. I spend a lot of my time Aim Gliding and staying off the floor so it was borderline critical for me since I don't want to fall out of the air and into a crowd. Consider what value it has in a more non-broken iteration, no knockdowns with no blocking animations, to you. If it's really useful to you, then it's valuable to get it now and just blast away until it gets nerfed since you'll continue using it after. As for bombing your feet, you can do it with Nezha or Rhino anyways so unless you really want the novelty of bombing your feet with any frame, don't rush on the decision since it's incredibly broken that it makes no sense for them to leave it as is.

Oh wait. I use aerodynamic and Aero Vantage for long aim glides. So Prime Sure Footed means I am immune to CC in the aim glide? 😵

If so I would do it just for that!

Edited by Redfeather75

12 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

Oh wait. I use aerodynamic and Aero Vantage for long aim glides. So Prime Sure Footed means I am immune to CC in the aim glide? 😵

If so I would do it just for that!

Previously, it would put you in a block animation for half a second but you would lose no momentum and it doesn't cancel your Aim Glide. You can continue shooting after the block as if nothing happened except the animation would bug out and you would Air Walk during the Aim Glide. Currently, there is no longer a block animation so you can Aim Glide through a knockdown proc while firing nonstop.

The only reason why I don't use it on every frame is due to cost prohibitions, it more or less requires a dedicated polarity.

Edited by RX-3DR
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RX-3DR said:

Currently, there is no longer a block animation so you can Aim Glide through an knockdown proc while firing nonstop.

The only reason why I don't use it on every frame is due to cost prohibitions, it more or less requires a dedicated polarity.

Oh I love that. I have a main that I made a vazarin polarity for prime sure footed already. Before seeing how much leveling it was costing. 😄