The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Rebalancing

RX-74

YES! Ignore everyone else. Everyone knows its overpowered, yet they don't complain. Why? Because they know it is, and if it isn't then they can't just kill everything with one bullet.

This applies for the Galatine, Acrid and the like as well. Yes Armour 2.0 is coming out, but that'll make these weapons even worse, and so they NEED re-balancing.

I am a Latron user, and in my opinion, the Latron is probably the most balanced gun in the entire game.

YES! Ignore everyone else. Everyone knows its overpowered, yet they don't complain. Why? Because they know it is, and if it isn't then they can't just kill everything with one bullet.

This applies for the Galatine, Acrid and the like as well. Yes Armour 2.0 is coming out, but that'll make these weapons even worse, and so they NEED re-balancing.

I am a Latron user, and in my opinion, the Latron is probably the most balanced gun in the entire game.

Fascinating, so you can see the future and tell that armour 2.0 will make things worse.

It is redundant to rebalance things before the major overhaul like armour 2.0, lets leave the guns (broken as it is) it is current state and reserve the judgement for later.

Edited by Morgax

Yeah, no. That isn't a rebalance, it's a nerf.

It's built for crit. Scott even mentioned that in the livestream.  

It's still built for crit but following my suggestion it will not WTFPWN everything.

Edited by RX-74

Hmmm?  I'm using this forum as it should be used... presenting ones ideas.

I like the fact you're vocal, and you seem fairly well spoken as well.  However, you're often times trying to fix what isn't broken, and you're quite opinionated.  With this in mind I don't believe you're unintelligent, I believe you're just inexperienced.

I opted to consider you a troll because no one would seriously make threads requesting rebalancing of nearly every weapon they've touched/heard of.

On topic: I believe it's already been stated Soma will not be nerfed, and instead will be moved up to a (much) higher Mastery Rank.

It's still built for crit but following my suggestion it will not WTFPWN everything.

Have you taken it to a T3? It doesn't "WTFPWN" everything. Not to mention that the ammo conservatory isn't that great. You  can blow through 100 rounds like they're nothing. 

Have you taken it to a T3? It doesn't "WTFPWN" everything. Not to mention that the ammo conservatory isn't that great. You  can blow through 100 rounds like they're nothing. 

With fifteen rounds per second you should but it crits well so all is good.

No, and no to anyone who agrees with OP. The Soma needs to be Mastery Rank locked. To the intelligent fellow who said it 1 hit kills... uh... are you playing on Mercury? Because my x4 formaed, max crit, and max damage Soma doesn't 1 hit kill anything unless it's under level 20.

I'm curious as to OPs thoughts on a "properly balanced" weapon. All he's done is say "nerf this, buff that" in his topics.

Power creep is bad game design and it will hurt Warframe and Digital Extremes in the long run.

Power creep is inevitable, especially in a game that's in beta. They're going to add more and more weapons for variety, and they can't keep adding reskinned stats. If they kept pumping out the same material over and over, you'd see even more criticism than they get now. Every weapon is unique, just like the real world. Do you see the country X complaining because country Y can reload their weapons faster? No, they make something better.

Edited by Colorswirl

No, and no to anyone who agrees with OP. The Soma needs to be Mastery Rank locked. To the intelligent fellow who said it 1 hit kills... uh... are you playing on Mercury? Because my x4 formaed, max crit, and max damage Soma doesn't 1 hit kill anything unless it's under level 20.

Odd, are you running split chamber?

It takes 9 clicks (I say clicks because with split chamber you can't be sure) with my Soma to kill Vor (if you don't count his shields).

Power creep is inevitable in a game that's in beta. They're going to add more and more weapons for variety, and they can't keep adding reskinned stats. If they kept pumping out the same material over and over, you'd see even more criticism than they get now. 

Power creep is inevitable in any game that has any form of scaling whatsoever, really.  Just that the power creep in this game is particularly bad is the problem so many have with it.  I'm still undecided on my side of that argument, but I do have to say having weapons deal 15000+ DPS while others deal 7000~ is pretty silly, especially when the 7000~ DPS weapon takes more work to get.  A perfect example of the power creep in this game is Galatine vs. any other melee weapon, it shows the numbers in this game are being thrown around like beer on Super Bowl Sunday.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlWVt6vp3-YWdHZJRTBvRTBrNGNrb3dNbEZsc0tZVHc#gid=15

Actually the fact power creep is this bad and we're still in Beta is just a sign of how bad things will get in the long term.  We've gone from the best weapons doing 3300~ DPS to 8300~ in a matter of months (actually we just jumped from 4400 to 8300 in a single day, the day Galatine was released).  It won't be long before we're in the tens of thousands, and the game hasn't even had an official release.

Either way, I'm not going to argue whether power creep is good/bad/whatever.  But I couldn't help but question why a Beta is already doubling over it's numbers (with a single item no less).

Edit: That's also melee.  Guns are even more of a roller coaster in scaling.

Edited by Verazix

Power creep is bad game design and it will hurt Warframe and Digital Extremes in the long run.

Doesn't have anything to do with the critical chance. Buff the critical chances of other critical-based weapons if you have to(bow weapons, Grakata, Latron Prime etc), or go on trying to convince DE to nerf Soma's critical damage or magazine capacity. But don't touch its ability to consistently deal critical damage, it's about time the game had a critical-based weapon that could do that.

uh... are you playing on Mercury? Because my x4 formaed, max crit, and max damage Soma doesn't 1 hit kill anything unless it's under level 20.

Mine's only 3x Forma'd but I have no problems using it like a Latron Prime on Kappa, Sedna, killing Grineer excluding heavies with a single critical shot. Running only Armour Piercing, multishot, rank 9 Serration and all critical mods. Can't say the same thing for T3, but that' something else altogether. Anyway, that's not really the point though. Some other guns seriously need to be buffed to make them worth using over the Soma.

A perfect example of the power creep in this game is Galatine vs. any other melee weapon, it shows the numbers in this game are being thrown around like beer on Super Bowl Sunday.

The Galatine requires a charge in order to do its massive damage. If the swing alone did 400 damage, there'd be a problem. The fact you have to charge it up (I'm not sure about the quickest charge on it, I haven't tried to find out) and make sure you actually hit your enemies make it a debatable use. When I was using it I didn't even hit my target half the time due to the fact they were constantly moving. Yes, it's real easy with heavies and ancients, maybe even if you let everything near the pod, but that's about it. Not to mention the fact that while you're charging it and trying to make sure you're in range, you're being shot at and hit. This makes Rhino the perfect Galatine wielder with his Iron Skin, with Saryn and Frost up next. The rest of the Warframes are near glass cannoning with it tho. 

Yeah, no. That isn't a rebalance, it's a nerf.

It's built for crit. Scott even mentioned that in the livestream.  

He quite literally said it was the gun the gorgon was supposed to be.

It's hilarious to see people including the op complain how secondaries ruined warframe, and then when they FINALLY introduce primaries than can tow the line besides Ogris and Snidal and all people do is b!tch.

sigh.

just sigh.

The really hilarious part is people complain as such, and then you play with them and they hit level 80+ content and fold like a house of cards.