Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

oh come on

(NSW)Katsuro

Increased the base Status Chance of Exalted Blade and Desert Wind to 15%, while also changing the Chromatic Blade and Reactive Storm Augments to stack in the same manner other Status Mods do. This was missed in the Status changes but is a necessary change now. The following reflects the new Maximums: 

Chromatic Blade 50% to 300% Status Chance

Reactive Storm 35% to 250% Status Chance

now excal needs 300% power strength to reach 100% status and baruuk needs around the same which is no problem but its kinda a nerf to excal since no one does 300% power strength on him.

• Like 6

I mean yeah now excal builds require more power str, but the payoff of having 150-200% status chance possible now makes it really fun to be honest. Can get max viral and heat stacks in just 2-3 swings now.

1 hour ago, Lion said:

I mean yeah now excal builds require more power str, but the payoff of having 150-200% status chance possible now makes it really fun to be honest. Can get max viral and heat stacks in just 2-3 swings now.

the payoff was already there, they just nerfed the ability for baruuk and excal to make the most of it for no good reason outside of possibly wanting to do away with flat status chance mods (since they even converted the Sobeks mod to be awful)

3 hours ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

Increased the base Status Chance of Exalted Blade and Desert Wind to 15%, while also changing the Chromatic Blade and Reactive Storm Augments to stack in the same manner other Status Mods do. This was missed in the Status changes but is a necessary change now. The following reflects the new Maximums: 

Chromatic Blade 50% to 300% Status Chance

Reactive Storm 35% to 250% Status Chance

now excal needs 300% power strength to reach 100% status and baruuk needs around the same which is no problem but its kinda a nerf to excal since no one does 300% power strength on him.

I know this isn't the popular opinion but, Exalted Blade is trash tier and not worth using to me. Baruuk almost in the same situation if it wasn't for his Desolate Hands build already stacking Power Strength.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thorham said:

Exalted Blade is awesome and you're absolutely wrong.

*was* awesome. Now with all power creep and meta weapons is just *ok*
In fact, all ult powers that imitate weapons are pretty much in same spot. Advantage goes to those few that actually adapt to enemy armor type and/or hit large AoE. 

4 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

Okay enough to easily mow down 20 level 100 corrupted bombards with AI on and no invincibility in the simulacrum. Because of viral + fire he actually does better than before.

Or is the above just pedestrian casual peasant level and am I a n00b? Hopefully not 😭

Edited by Thorham

11 hours ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

now excal needs 300% power strength to reach 100% status

Where did you get that number?

With 200% power strength you get +600% status chance from chromatic blade. That alone puts you at 105% with no other mods on your Blade.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Morthal said:

I know this isn't the popular opinion but, Exalted Blade is trash tier and not worth using to me. Baruuk almost in the same situation if it wasn't for his Desolate Hands build already stacking Power Strength.

6 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

In fact, all ult powers that imitate weapons are pretty much in same spot. Advantage goes to those few that actually adapt to enemy armor type and/or hit large AoE. 

Hmm... tell me more about how trash Exalted Blade is. 

Edited by Lion
  • Like 2

Wu71d6f.png

Video didn't render quite as clear cause YouTube encoded the poopie out of it. Here's a good still from it where you can really see the numbers pop.

Something to point out is that EB with Chromatic Blade is capable of proccing 5-10 stacks of both Heat and Viral within a single swing, because of both the physical blade and the wave.

7 hours ago, Thorham said:

Okay enough to easily mow down 20 level 100 corrupted bombards with AI on and no invincibility in the simulacrum. Because of viral + fire he actually does better than before.

Or is the above just pedestrian casual peasant level and am I a n00b? Hopefully not 😭

You need to pump up more levels !

The grineer's armor is much weaker now, lvl 100 proved nothing. Unless you were talking about pre-nerf.

3 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

You need to pump up more levels !

I would if I could, but I'm mr14. Wish they'd let you set the level at anything you want.

4 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

The grineer's armor is much weaker now, lvl 100 proved nothing. Unless you were talking about pre-nerf.

Pre-nerf was harder because of the lack of shield gating and damage reduction on shields, but still doable. Now it's easy because of the shield improvements, not necessarily because of the weaker armor.

41 minutes ago, ThorienKELL said:

@Lion
Yawn... yeah so what? I have primaries, secondaries, melee that can do the same so .... Numbers on my pennant are x2 or x3 bigger. 

Yeah, that doesn't make Exalted Blade bad, though. So what if your pennance kills slightly faster than EB? That does not make EB inherently bad. I can still kill 200-300+ in milliseconds with it, hardly trash tier.

1 hour ago, Lion said:

Yeah, that doesn't make Exalted Blade bad, though. So what if your pennance kills slightly faster than EB? That does not make EB inherently bad. I can still kill 200-300+ in milliseconds with it, hardly trash tier.

I never said that. I said it was *just* ok. 

7 hours ago, Lion said:

Hmm... tell me more about how trash Exalted Blade is. 

Not kidding you here, I can one shot those low level enemies 5 times over with a Prova Vandal. Also, if you're going to test against durability, use Gokstad Officers 🙂 They've got larger armor and health pools.

My opinion was based on performance of the Exalted Blade versus current non meta melee, not about it's fun factor. Yes, exalted weapons are fun but I find their performance lacking.

Edited by Morthal

2 hours ago, Lion said:

I mean in all truth Excaliburs kit is very dated (not the worst dated mind you) , along with valkyr due to their last overhaul being about the same time (that was nice change though..). id honestly would love to see them get some buffs and tweaks to make them more proactive to play /fun, as spamaloting gets boring quick and i can do that if not better on a normal melee, granted exals and valkyrs can be tanky and cc, just feels like it could be improved  so that exalted weapons should at least imo out damage regular weapons by a bit given they are draining energy and take up a power slot on the frame.