Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing melee Lock-On

SoulPlease

Are we ever going to look at Archwing melee again? It's a little ridiculous, everyone agrees the new melee for archwing without the lock-on is painful to play. So is archwing the new conclave? I'm a huge fan of the game have myself a MR28 and a MR21, as well as a little alliance. If anyone says anything bad about DE I get on there a$$ but does DE even read these things?

Spoiler

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/0/3344417553440678134/

I like archwing, please stop making it conclave.
Love,
Soul
Founder,
Fallen Angelz, Arch Angelz & Infinity Souls alliance.

Edited by SoulPlease
  • Like 8

Yeah, I brought this up back when Railjack first launched, but apparently this was broken with the Melee 3.0 changes, so it happened even sooner, and... I just hadn't noticed because nobody plays Archwing often enough.

I'm shocked they haven't done anything for it yet. They could have shoved it into this most recent update, but... they didn't.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

2 hours ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

really? that in and of itself seems like its got to be a mistake.

When threads started appearing about it I was a bit confused as Prisma Veritux has been on my AW for ages and unlike most I do enjoy a bit of AW now and again. Somebody in an old thread helped test and we confirmed it as I have very few AW melee weapons. I'm wondering if DE all play sword-style as I can't think of any other reason they haven't fixed it yet unless it is intentional. There have been plenty of threads but not a single word from DE.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shalath said:

When threads started appearing about it I was a bit confused as Prisma Veritux has been on my AW for ages and unlike most I do enjoy a bit of AW now and again. Somebody in an old thread helped test and we confirmed it as I have very few AW melee weapons. I'm wondering if DE all play sword-style as I can't think of any other reason they haven't fixed it yet unless it is intentional. There have been plenty of threads but not a single word from DE.

interesting. guess im busting my veritux back out. always been more of an onorix guy.

I had heard Archwing melee had problems but didnt actually run anything actually Archwing until today, my results on testing my new prisma veritux? Get close to enemy, press melee, instantly get moved back and out of melee range before swinging at them. Cant hit ANYTHING with prisma veritux because I'm always placed out of range of the target.

I can only hope that the absolute trash state archwing was left in is only temporary. 

Hard lock physics have been needed from the beginning. Sure it takes the "skill" out of aiming but you don't "have" to use the lock physic if you don't want to... having a lock on that orients you to a fixed point  (the enemy) is badly needed.

• 2 weeks later...

DE really needs to look into this. Cuz that's one of the reasons no one plays Railjack. The other is too much RNGeesus. We want Umbra Forma with slighty better drop chance, than once a millenia, We want more nodes, so give us Corpus ones. And we want more fixes, so DE, I beg you, please spend more of your time on those, than on developing that Rule63 Vauban with tools of TF2 Engineer.

I think this is maybe not an bug.

DE remove the auto trace intentionally, maybe.

because they did nerf AW melee once (by reducing the trace range)

AW melee was much strong before, I kill drones by spamming melee, easy and way faster then use guns.

now they put annoying ships in Railjack, and dont wish you take them down easily by melee lock

they even reduce the AW damage in RJ mission.

they just want u shoot those flies with pathetic RJ turrets, painfully.

Edited by DSAUSAGE

• 1 month later...

I love the update of the Archwing gameplay. BUT the Archwing melee, not having the auto  lock-on is making me sooooooooooooooooooo upset . Doing railjack missions flying around knowing my melee attacks is unuseful makes me not want to use the Archwing in battle . Please fix this . I am a huge warframe fan if that means anything to y’all . Probably not going to read this but if you do I wish for a Archwing melee auto lock system 

5 hours ago, (XB1)Jiieo said:

I love the update of the Archwing gameplay. BUT the Archwing melee, not having the auto  lock-on is making me sooooooooooooooooooo upset . Doing railjack missions flying around knowing my melee attacks is unuseful makes me not want to use the Archwing in battle . Please fix this . I am a huge warframe fan if that means anything to y’all . Probably not going to read this but if you do I wish for a Archwing melee auto lock system 

Eh, I can hit if I get close enough. 

What it needs though is a 'lunge' mechanic. If there's an enemy in a narrow cone infront of you, you lunge in that direction, somewhat controllable. Maybe lunge range can be a stat?

But my biggest problem is to keep on hitting the enemy, they don't stop after all. 

Maybe a lock on for the last enemy you hit? An auto chase?