Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why you broke the staticor, it's impossible to play with it now.

StalkerRuss

If you have Primed Sure Footed, you become completely immune to the knockdown. I know, it's kinda dumb needing a login milestone reward to fix this, but for the moment it's one of the only solutions if you want to bomb stuff at point blank.

I believe some warframe abilities negate the stagger effects of explosive weapons too, but I'm not entirely sure on specifics there.

Edited by Lucaine

Nezha and Trinity while they have their DR up, Rhino under Iron Skin. It's a bit cheap that these things work, but they do, because knockdown immunity is knockdown immunity.

It's almost impossible to use the Staticor without the occasional knockback otherwise, but you can certainly reduce your self-derpage rate by using the weapon differently. Cheese tactics like shooting down to kill enemies around you won't work now, but you can use the charge shot same as ever at a bit of range and now have a purpose for the uncharged shot, which is focused higher dps you can use on a closer target.

(Didn't I say, that people will complain about the knockdowns?)

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Lucaine:

I believe some warframe abilities negate the stagger effects of explosive weapons too, but I'm not entirely sure on specifics there.

Atlas (passive) and Gaus second ability make them also immun to knockdowns.

2 hours ago, Lucaine said:

if you want to bomb stuff at point blank.

The thing is, staticor knocks you down even when you think you're safe. The visible blast radius barely compares to the actual radius. It looks like you're far away from it and yet you get the longest knockdown. In fact, you can't even trigger a shorter knockdown with its alt fire. It's the longest one right away.

• Like 4

Switched my staticor onto rhino. Only way to avoid that annoying stagger which happens sometimes even if you are far away from the bubble.

On the other hand those random stagger in operator form from Amp also happens far away from the aoe and there is no single mention amp got stagger in patch notes. Operator form is clunky as it is, we didn't need STAGGER on the bloody AMP

Most weapons don't have a 90% falloff. That's just the Bramma, the Corinth alt fire, and the Staticor charge shot. Staticor's been hit hard here. I think if the explosive radius was actually reduced back to its original but the falloff reduced to 50%, it'd probably address some of the issues. There's a lot of useless splash of very little damage that is nonetheless flinching range for your frame. 

The Staticor was always a pretty crappy feeling gun that did nothing to sell its damage, less of an explosion and more of a magic bubble that caused damage to enemies. That's in spite of its actual charging and firing feeling great until the explosion happened. Making it require a little care and using it at range is a good change, and it means that the non-charge shot is finally useful for the first time since ... well, there was that odd time in the middle where it had the same blast radius as the charge shot with no visual indication it had, and it was just a better charge shot, but. The two firing types actually have different purposes now, and that's good. But it seems like it's a bit too punishing for some folks. 

I personally am just happy to have it in a less cheese-dripping state than it was previously, but I hope there's at least some fine tuning here. 

5 hours ago, masterring said:

and there is no single mention amp got stagger in patch notes. 

Actually, the explosive scaffolds that cause stagger have just been listed right along with the other weapons that received stagger effects.

• 2 weeks later...
В 09.03.2020 в 00:49, CopperBezel сказал:

The Staticor was always a pretty crappy feeling gun that did nothing to sell its damage, less of an explosion and more of a magic bubble that caused damage to enemies.

Now Yes, but it used to be suitable for use in missions.

It was so cheap though. I only ever used it for solo ranking frames in Onslaught. And it's not like it's significantly less effective now, you just can't defensively shoot your feet. The damage falloff is a much bigger limitation than the stagger. Just, you know, use the regular fire at close range instead. (Nice that there's actually a reason to use it now instead of always being inferior to the charge shot.)