Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arch guns, and Nyx's Chaos and Rads

Formous

So..with the revised reworks and stuff..I just want to point out Arch guns are weak as hell, and their mods don't even match their equivalents. The Big guns from Space for a Minute of Power are doing ten times worse then anything on the ground we already had. DE, Please...buff this.

As for the other topic, Nyx's Chaos power needs a small tweak in reflection of the change on Rad procs.  I think that Nyx's Chaos should amplify the damage enemies do to each other, just like Rad does now. Its effectively a large area Radiation proc anyway.  Please make it act like too.

one of the main problems with Archguns is that they still only have basic mods, and those mods are also pretty weak. Serration gives +165% damage, while Rubedo-Lined Barrel only gives +100% damage.. without significant mod buffs and/or perhaps the addition of Nightmare/Corrupted mods for Archguns, they will always be doomed to be less powerful than regular weapons, which makes no sense since they are supposed to be an increase in firepower. . another alternative would be to simply give large buffs to the base stats of the weapons themselves, but DE are quite hesitant to do this unless 110% necessary and all other options have been explored.

Just now, Hexsing said:

Except Psychic bolts.  I do like this ability.

Why? Its just such a boring ability. It looks boring ,it barely effects the flow of the game and especially relevant now after the recent armour changes.

4 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

Why? Its just such a boring ability. It looks boring ,it barely effects the flow of the game and especially relevant now after the recent armour changes.

It still removes all buffs armor and shields fully and I use it with pacifying augment.  It has unlimited range and overall I use it more than any of her abilities.

I'm a Nyx main.  So I'll take any improvement on her.  I just like that ability.

But chaos does now need a boost. Considering what Rad Does.

Edited by Hexsing

TBH? Archguns do not feel that weak for me. I purposely went out to test in both the simulacrum and in a live environment like Kuva Survival, and i was impressed. They might not be as good in open space, but in atmosphere, Imperator Vandal is still the king. I dusted off my grattler to see if it got any good, and it did, slightly. I need a few other mods for it, but swapping elements to viral did the trick. The only drawback with the grattler, is that every shot is explosive, shoot too close, and you will get perma staggered all the time.

Phaedra unfortunately i didn't saw much improvement, it needs a riven to be on par with Imperator Vandal. I cant say the same about other archguns since i do not have them fully built just yet, but so far, my experience with archguns in atmosphere, has improved.

7 hours ago, Formous said:

The Big guns from Space for a Minute of Power are doing ten times worse then anything on the ground we already had. DE, Please...buff this.

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

they will always be doomed to be less powerful than regular weapons, which makes no sense since they are supposed to be an increase in firepower. . 

They were originally meant to exist in a completely separate game mode. And in the past it worked -- once you were fully leveled up and nodded, Archwings and Archguns were BUSTED overpowered. Imagine doing a Mobile Defense with a Rhino who could cast every power instantaneously for half the energy cost, and has Twin Grakatas or Amprex with unlimited ammo. That's what Archwings used to be if you suffered through the effort to max them. Yeah the mods themselves gave you smaller numbers, but the enemies we're all much weaker as well. So the numbers were smaller on paper, but so was the enemy's number; dividing both sides of the equation by ten cancels out

But now that we can bring Archguns into normal content, they have to suffer with their "divided by ten" metaphor against enemies that aren't. Now instead of Archguns existing in their own context where they are broken, they exist in another context where they are too weak to compete