Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken AoE interaction with Eidolon hitbox

Xardis

As of the self damage update explosions have a big problem doing damage to Garry and Harry. On synovias they either dont register or do minimal damage - as if on max falloff, even if they are detonated directly on the target. On the last phase where all of the hitbox is supposed to be vunerable to damage, they do 0 damage. Note that those problems are not present on Terry and on Garry, sometimes synovias are more consistant, but only sometimes.

Those issues were still present in game version 29.9.1 - last time I tested it.

Much of the fun in the game for me was using Ivara Castanas Navigator build in Tridolons, and I would imagine its the same for some others too.

Older version of the post:

Spoiler

Ive tested it with my Ivara Navigator build and everything is fine with both Lenz and Castanas damage on Limbs and the main eidolon in the last phase.. but only on Terry. For those who dont know what Im talking about: 

Spoiler

full str min duration on Ivara, build without multishot, you also want a decent riven for crit and damage, you use navigator to get x16 or so damage on a projectile then stick it on the limb. With proper build it 1shots a limb and with Empowered Quiver you can 1 shot entire eidolon, castanas can stay on the limb till detonated, Lenz is used more for emergency, so is Artemis bow, since the build is incidentaly modded for it too

On Garry and Harry the window on where you put your AoE center is way smaller than before mainline, and I mean 90-95% smaller, to the point where its almost impossible to kill it. Even if AoE center in on synovia itself, it most likely will do 0 damage. Again, this is only on 2nd and 3rd trido, on 1st everything works as it should. To me it looks as if hit detection doesnt take priority if the AoE center is on a damageable part and just picks a random spot in AoE that is also part of eidolon, and its most likely the invunerable part so it does 0 damage.

But thats not all, Ive also detected that both Lenz and Castanas in the last phase have also problems with doing any damage from AoE, I dont know why, but thats also only present on 2nd and 3rd trido.

Note that Ive only tested it 4 times since the mainline dropped. But this is what Ive seen. AoE placements that before the mainline would have done damage to synovia dont do any damage most of the time.

Still applies as of 29.0.7, the previous perceptible improvement on all of the limbs on Garry rolled back, things that work: whole Terry, and only knees on Garry and Harry.

• 2 weeks later...

I second this experiment, on garry and harry only the knees are working fine. All upper parts on garry and harry are bugged .. 0 Damage.... I sometimes can do the cap shot on garry  but definitely not working for harry

The only one that is working perfectly fine is Teralyst... Take example from it and you can fix it D. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I did another test just now, Terry, everything worked, Garry, EVERY LIMB worked, but the same issue on last phase, 0 damage to head when all of the model is supposed to be vulnerable. Harry, nothing changed, only knees worked. This issue is still not adressed.

Ran an ivara 5x3 a few days ago and still got the same results, Terry works fine, Garry sort-of works (top four limbs are still broken, but not as much as before, headshot usually doesn't work), Harry still has all the same problems (top four limbs don't break and headshots never work). I hope DE is working on a fix or at least knows that this is a problem.

Currently there are several errors regarding the eidolon's hitbox
First "Suppose I shoot a chestnut in one arm, on top of the synovia limb and soon after the eidolon moves its arm, two things can happen" First, the limb explodes or second 0 damage "
I would really like that LANKA, BUZLOK, EUPHONA, and other weapons with time of flight work with the limbs, when the eidolon is coming out of the water.
Also the correction of the error when crashing and getting off the archwing.

11 minutes ago, JohnnyMeta said:

Currently there are several errors regarding the eidolon's hitbox
First "Suppose I shoot a chestnut in one arm, on top of the synovia limb and soon after the eidolon moves its arm, two things can happen" First, the limb explodes or second 0 damage "
I would really like that LANKA, BUZLOK, EUPHONA, and other weapons with time of flight work with the limbs, when the eidolon is coming out of the water.
Also the correction of the error when crashing and getting off the archwing.

That also indludes Ivara Artemis bow. That issue is very old but still deserves attention. Eidolons hitbox is way bigger than it looks... for some reason. I dunno, maybe so its easier to hit? Shame its doing the opposite.

On the other note, did another run, didnt get to hydro coz no time (started with like 9m till day so go figure) but Garry still has the same issue as of 27.3.10 version.

Another current problem is the uncertain or strange damage of some weapons.
I mean, Vectis and Snipetron do not have a damage in which one can get to know if or how much damage it hits, that is, in some cases their damage is very high and in others too low. Something that doesn't make sense if you do the same thing between each shot.
The same thing happens when using propa, which on some occasions the damage jumps too high and the other is ridiculously low.
pff I would love to hunt with Ivara again, I could only do it with the normal one, not with the primed version. ;-;

• 4 weeks later...

Update, on 27.4 still not fixed, but I just did a test run, very intresting one, Terry and Garry worked perfectly, just like before only Terry worked, but all of the issues are present at Harry, still most of the time castanas explosions dont register on limbs and when they do, they do minimal damage, castanas explosions dont register at all at the killing phase.

• 1 month later...
Le 08/04/2020 à 19:57, JohnnyMeta a dit :

pff I would love to hunt with Ivara again, I could only do it with the normal one, not with the primed version. ;-;

Though all the issues aformentionned need be adressed, if you wanna hunt with Ivara you still can with wolf sledge or glaive or anything else if you want

On 2020-06-25 at 2:43 PM, CloudATL said:

Though all the issues aformentionned need be adressed, if you wanna hunt with Ivara you still can with wolf sledge or glaive or anything else if you want

I know, its also possible with a Daikyu. Doesnt help that out of all the options I tried for eido, Trin and Castanas Ivara are possibly the only roles that dont bore me to death at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

At this point i've lost faith in DE's ability to read the forums. This bug has been around for months and has been posted on here several times. I doubt a fix will come any time soon, so i just made a new zaw and slapped exodia contagion on there and use it with ivara instead of castanas. Not as fun or interesting as castanas, but it works

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

one of my biggest wishes for warframe is that this issue gets resolved. 

I'm glad there are others, like me, that enjoyed this playstyle and you are talking about it. 

I lost hope a while ago, but seeing this post gave me back hope!

I really REALLY hope this works out. If it does I'll be playing eidolons again. Not for the rewards, but for the sheer anjoyment of playing ivara navigator eidolon DPS

<3

• 3 weeks later...

I wholeheartedly agree; Ivara castanas gave me enjoyment that was lacking elsewhere in the game, and to find that it has been gutted after returning makes me dejected at the direction this game is going. In a recent patch note they celebrated how they were able to fix a bug that had been around a year, which seems like they have too many other things to do than fixing bugs. I hope they could take some time off and stop updating to optimize the current experience.

As much as I like the grind, having nearly 1000 hours of gameplay makes me seek alternative game modes like railjack and off meta builds to continue

• 2 months later...

Bump. Last time I checked this odd bug was still present. I think though, it might just be castanas themselves that might be bugged on robotic health? I notice that I've gotten "grey zeros" when using navigated castanas on the raptors boss on Europa (same bug that crops up on when I've done navigated castanas on Eidolons). Perhaps they're related to this bug?

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Scroll_of_Wisdom said:

sorry to necro this thread, but has anyone tried their castana build with Primed Fulmination?

It might just be enough, but I haven't been able to test it

I could test that but from experience I can tell that adding that in my build would drop the total damage far below what is needed to destroy a limb on its own. I would have to be always on a empowered quiver dashwire to detonate every single time, or always use a Volt shield for limbs, either option complicates the strategy even more. Its true that it being complicated but effective was its main appeal, but if I would have to also fit Primed Fulmination in just for it to work, it wouldnt be viable for me personaly.

I would also note that the problem existed also when I used Lenz, a weapon with a much larger explosion range.

58 minutes ago, Xardis said:

I could test that but from experience I can tell that adding that in my build would drop the total damage far below what is needed to destroy a limb on its own. I would have to be always on a empowered quiver dashwire to detonate every single time, or always use a Volt shield for limbs, either option complicates the strategy even more. Its true that it being complicated but effective was its main appeal, but if I would have to also fit Primed Fulmination in just for it to work, it wouldnt be viable for me personaly.

I would also note that the problem existed also when I used Lenz, a weapon with a much larger explosion range.

Thank you. I think I would be fine with my build, but my riven is also really nasty. Fulmination would simply replace Augur Pact/Magnum Force.

If Lenz does not work that is big clue that it wont work with castanas either. 

Yet I would still very much appreciate it if you made the test and obviously on Harry and Garry since Terry works afaik.

• 1 month later...

Archived