Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have finishers been removed??

Thirdofherne

Question

Not been playing for a few weeks, come back and finishers seem to have disappeared! I have a Covert Lethality build Inaros and however I position myself to a blinded target I can no longer 'Finish' them?
Has the recent changes removed finishers or Dessicate's ability to open enemies up to finishers?

13 answers to this question

That's it. Thanks Motorfirebox.

But why the hell would I want to use my 'Interact' key for melee??? I deliberately moved my Interact key AWAY from my action keys to avoid accidents. Even 'Alt Fire' would've made more sense.

Is there anywhere to change this? I can't seem to find it in 'Keybindings'.

7 minutes ago, Thirdofherne said:

But why the hell would I want to use my 'Interact' key for melee? [...] Is there anywhere to change this?

We had combos that enabled finishers on enemies, being forced into a slow single target finisher while attacking was a nuisance. You might also unintentionally perform an attack instead of a finisher during stealth play.

However, since then all finishers on combos have been removed, and stealth finishers serve next to no purpose anymore.

It is not possible to rebind finishers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

We had combos that enabled finishers on enemies, being forced into a slow single target finisher while attacking was a nuisance. You might also unintentionally perform an attack instead of a finisher during stealth play.

However, since then all finishers on combos have been removed, and stealth finishers serve next to no purpose anymore.

It is not possible to rebind finishers.

Stealth finishes have function. Example: Inaros gets 25% health back from finishers, while his #1 provides the opening needed for them. It does complicate his play ever so minorly but meh, its not like he is hard to play anyway! XD

2 hours ago, Thirdofherne said:

My point now is that the 'interact' key is an incredibly bad choice of place to put it.

But why though? I see no problem with it; You use that button all the time anyway to pick up Ayatans, open lockers, revive your team... might as well finish enemies with it too.

Because it's a 'non-combat' button. I've deliberately moved it away from my action keys so I don't accidentally start opening lockers, accessing consoles etc. in the heat of battle.

If my finisher's not actually on my melee button anymore, I want it on a mouse button. Like an alternative fire for melee.

I'd like the OPTION to put it where I want. Back where it's been for years would be good.

Edited by Thirdofherne

58 minutes ago, Thirdofherne said:

I'd like the OPTION to put it where I want. Back where it's been for years would be good.

How about a compromise - just delete finishers from the game already. Of course some related effects would have to be reappointed elsewhere.

It honestly bothers me how my Skiajati cannot even activate it's passive without outside help anymore. Back in the day you could execute a forward jump with followup finisher from one of the stances. Those were good times.

On 2020-03-08 at 12:45 PM, Traumtulpe said:

How about a compromise - just delete finishers from the game already. Of course some related effects would have to be reappointed elsewhere.

It honestly bothers me how my Skiajati cannot even activate it's passive without outside help anymore. Back in the day you could execute a forward jump with followup finisher from one of the stances. Those were good times.

thanks to this post DE steve removed finishers from ps4,switch possibly later from everywhere else to ik your just giving feed back but the coder does look at these things and thinks oh this is a lovely idea we never needed a post like this or context action to replace it.

• Like 1

Yeah I was just gonna say...  I cant even perform finishers with the context buton anymore wtf.   

I was trying to pop rivens and so I was going to use Umbra Excal and how to open them up to finishers but its incredibly hard to get the prompt to appear.  It can still be done but its broken as hell or something.   

------------

The only thing I hate about finishers being on melee button was larvalings and lichs.   You would stab them when you didnt necessarily want to while trying to slice them to pieces.  (extremely extremely horrible for larvalings)