Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reduce Damage Mods By 50%

SanityRobot

Damage currently is way too high on top end guns with top end mods. They move the bar of "endgame" (Pluto, most T3) from it's most logical location of around level 80 to high into the hundreds.

Weapon damage far exceeds the limitations of content at the moment, the only content that isn't completely trivialized by the power creep is fake content. Wave 50 endless defense and hour long survival aren't content.

Reduce the damage on mods, lower that bar back to where it should be, then nerf Nova for the new power level. Suddenly large portions of the game become playable rather than being laughable, and you don't have to go through and completely redesign other Warframes that were lost in the power creep avalanche.

Edited by SanityRobot

Damage currently is way too high on top end guns with top end mods. They move the bar of "endgame" (Pluto, most T3) from it's most logical location of around level 80 to high into the hundreds.

Weapon damage far exceeds the limitations of content at the moment, the only content that isn't completely trivialized by the power creep is fake content. Wave 50 endless defense and hour long survival aren't content.

Reduce the damage on mods, lower that bar back to where it should be, then nerf Nova for the new power level. Suddenly large portions of the game become playable rather than being laughable, and you don't have to go through and completely redesign other Warframes that were lost in the power creep avalanche.

Have you used weapons aside from Soma/Ogris/Strun Wraith/Hek/any AI type weapon in the high levels? You practically need all the extra damage to be useful and not waste entire magazines against one ancient.

Wait for Armor 2.0.

DE doesn't even know what they are doing with Armor 2.0, some of them just want it to be a couple minor tweaks (read the devblog).

Even if it was a complete rework, it wouldn't address the problem. It would just make fire damage mods comparable to armor piercing mods, while guns in general are still just doing ridiculous damage.

People need to stop acting like "Armor 2.0" is going to be the savior to all ills.

Have you used weapons aside from Soma/Ogris/Strun Wraith/Hek/any AI type weapon in the high levels? You practically need all the extra damage to be useful and not waste entire magazines against one ancient.

"High levels" being level 250 enemies on wave 50 defense?

Most weapons do fine against level 70-80 enemies. Some are still pretty awful, but that's an individual basis rather than in general.

In the past I would have agreed, but the enemy levels are much higher than they used to be in later planets so it kinda balances out.

The fact that missions become easier as you progress, to the point of being laughable is simply a vary basic part of anygame where you get stronger as you progress, like skyrim, borederlands and pokemon just to name a few out of hundreds. It's not something you can simply fix or change by reducing the damage mod %

dont scream for nerv , wait for the new armor update

if like u wish, the dmg get nerved, it isn´t possibel to play after wave 20-30, and then? what are u doing if u can´t play more then a few waves? the game get boring!

and yes i talk about waves cause the onlyst thing a endgamer can do is def

DE doesn't even know what they are doing with Armor 2.0, some of them just want it to be a couple minor tweaks (read the devblog).

Even if it was a complete rework, it wouldn't address the problem. It would just make fire damage mods comparable to armor piercing mods, while guns in general are still just doing ridiculous damage.

People need to stop acting like "Armor 2.0" is going to be the savior to all ills.

That's why you have to try it 1st. @@

Ok, let's say mods did get a 50% nerf. Ok top-tier weapons still doin' good. What's in it for the old/weak weapons then?OH right they got weaker and more useless. More s*** in my inventory and in the market. More wasted work and time for DE.

Core problem here is are the weapons themselves the mods are fine. Neither the old and new weapons need buffs/nerfs either. We need proper tiers, proper mastery requisites and a proper system where the old can compete with the new. Small changes won't do anything. We need permanent a solution. 

This would effectivly screw over so many people that it's not even funny. Go use a Braton in T3, there are people who do it, but a sudden 50% NERF on there Damage on a BULLET Type gun would make it so obsolete that you wouldn't even see numbers, you can't just go around nerfing the life blood for a lot of the lower tier weps in game just because you feel a f'ing Lanka is to OP, and as for the nerf Nova... was that the real point of this thread? The instant I saw this I instantly put it under my "Nova Nerf Spam" List because we already see that enough, wanna know how to solve the "Nova OP" BS? Put a Mastery Lock on her. That way the massive amount of Nova's will effectivly decrease with time because not everyone can make her right away.

dont scream for nerv , wait for the new armor update

if like u wish, the dmg get nerved, it isn´t possibel to play after wave 20-30, and then? what are u doing if u can´t play more then a few waves? the game get boring!

Wow, you mean the game is not boring already, you must be easily pleased?

The power creep has made all missions (repetitive or not) have little if any challenge. I don't think there is much that a high level player can't solo.

Edited by DaveC

Ok, let's say mods did get a 50% nerf. Ok top-tier weapons still doin' good. What's in it for the old/weak weapons then?OH right they got weaker and more useless. More s*** in my inventory and in the market. More wasted work and time for DE.

Most guns still do decent up to any non-defense T3.

Regardless, the point of "tiered" gear is to progress through new content, not to just make the content meaningless.

I think the whole tiered gear system is pretty dumb as well, if that makes you feel any better...but if it has to exist, then the content needs to accommodate it.

Edited by SanityRobot

Wow, you mean the game is not boring already, you must be easily pleased?

The power creep has made all missions (repetitive or not) have little if any challenge. I don't think there is much that a high level player can't solo.

yeah i´m easy pleased cause i try to do different things, play with just formad weapons and frames cause all things in the game are lv 30,do all allerts AND what is  essential i NOT only play warframe.

right , i can do all solo , but if u play some lv 130 alerts solo its again fun , cause u can die with a looki fast

and power creep? i only can say wait for new armor settings, only after that discussion makes sence

This will accomplish nothing but turning current 60+ lvl mobs into current 140 lvl mobs. Superior guns will stay that way, so will useless.

So suddenly 20% of the content is engaging instead of 2%.

This thread isn't meant to address all of the whining that one gun is a little bit better than the other, which some people think this forum is exclusively for.

This thread is about the strength of all weapons in relation to literally everything else in the game...and in that aspect, they are ridiculously overpowered.

Edited by SanityRobot

Use an mk1 braton and excalibur or a lato if levels are to easy for u. nothing says u have to use a nova, flux or soma or acrid.

U can also remove half u'r dmg mods from u'r weopons or use half fused mods. - problem solved.

Edited by bosstnt